Alright leaf boys, tell me how successful the Western Canadian Independence movement is

Alright leaf boys, tell me how successful the Western Canadian Independence movement is.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Independence_Party
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Get a better flag and we'll talk.

The what?

That is not a better flag. It would look better if the tree was more stylized and symmetrical. Better yet, just take the tree off and go full Euro.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_Independence_Party

it doesn't exist

canada belongs to the queen...fuck trudeu and fuck france

Tbqh not all that successful Yankeebro. They maybe gather about 0.50% to 1% of the vote in provincial elections. Don't get me wrong. They have a decent platform and i get why they want to break away from the rest of Canada. But they just don't have the popularity. The idea never caught on as strongly as it did in quebec

That was a comment, not a question

>Doesn't respect the mighty Douglas fir

Fuck outta cascacadia with you

One day...

Oil prices need to stay low for awhile to build discontent, then they need to rise while a libcuck government rules from ottawa to make it boil over.

Then I recommend you tell everyone you know about it.

Kill yourself you little shit I don't know how you fucking dare to post this fucking oilnigger

This is worse than just having Quebec as part of Canada

>Yukon, NW Territories, and Northern Manitoba aren't included

There's a strong sentiment that the provinces in the West are ignored and that more authority should be invested in provincial governments instead of the federal government, but very few support outright independence at this stage. Western alienation is pervasive, but it hasn't quite evolved into a real independence movement.

Why is Manitoba cut in two?

Get used to it, Francofuck. No way Canada would let itself be separated from the maritimes if your shithole of a province ever left. This partition would be the best-case scenario.

the North votes more to the left, because they're all gas guzzling Indians

conservative s are in the southern half

It's always cute to see Anglos still acting as if we live in an age of imperialism

So? Should we also exclude Edmonton and Regina for leaning left, or northern Saskatchewan? Left-leaning Westerners are Westerners.

This and also for Canada to maintain a land connection with the northern territories

What do you guys have in common, other than where you live?

Meh.. I could care less either way if they left or not frankly. There are to many cultural similarities between Eastern and Western Canada for complete seperation. Most Westerners I've met are pretty proud Canadians. I don't think the idea would fly even if more knew about it.

>t.Maritimer who lived in Alberta for 8 years.

>Flag design isn't easy to remake accurately or simply

>he fell for the "you should be able to spraypaint it" meme

It's not popular now, but it will be sooner or later.

>Most Westerners I've met are pretty proud Canadians.

Right, and that's sort of the idiosyncrasy of the movement. Western Canada wants more devolution to the western provinces because Westerners feel that the Canadian government isn't Canadian enough. Even when a conservative's in charge, we want more power to the provinces.

Our last names are more likely Schmitt than Smith and are liable to end in 'ski' more often than start with 'Mac', for one.

That's why western separatism will fail, you need something more in common. Economic arguments won't work to convince people

I didn't give you an economic argument.

So there's no argument then?

He is saying the Western Provinces want more state's rights or provincial rights. It would decentralize power from Ottawa

There are multiple arguments for Western Canada to separate, economic and otherwise.

You posted in response to me making a point about descent by criticizing me for focusing on economic issues. That was illogical, because in the post which you were responding to, I wasn't addressing economic issues.

im trying to find a reason why the North would be considered a separate country

just taking a stab at it