He Wasn't A Criminal. He Needed Help

>34 year old male aka Fun Uncle Jakey
>In jail for driving under the influence and making threats to neighbors
>Family didn't post his $2,000 bail
>Hangs himself to death in his cell
>Family says he was a weak suicidal person and should have had frequent check ups.

"He needed help. He didn’t need to be in jail. He said, ‘I’d rather die than be in jail.’ He was so afraid of jail. He was really kind of a little timid, in a way. He was afraid of the guys in jail. Jail scared him to death."

mtdemocrat.com/obituaries/lawrence-michael-jake-spies-jr/

m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_57b73265e4b0b51733a313df

mtdemocrat.com/obituaries/lawrence-michael-jake-spies-jr/

>guy has alcohol problem
>family doesn't make any effort to help him
>doesn't even post bail
>father doesn't seem sad about son's suicide

Horrible family and father tb q h. Can't blame the guy for being afraid of jail.

>american "justice" system

As a lawyer, I can confirm that the courts send people to gaol on remand completely unnecessarily, and it costs the Crown a shitton and does nobody any good. Then those people get bashed by guards or other inmates - or hang themselves - and it ruins their lives, the lives of their families, and costs the Crown even more in lawsuits and settlements.

It's a joke, but I'm not laughing.

My brother dod the near exact same thing in Northern California jail. Was supposed to be on 24hr suicide watch and was taken off inexplicitly after 2 hours. Hanged in jail cell.

Look at the bottom right. I'd say the father and mother divorced

*inexplicably

So his bail was $200.
Loving family couldn't post that?
Nice.

F

Like anyone really cares.

We just need to storm local police stations and clear them out.

This does seem like the absent father situation is part of one the core issues.

Very interesting. Any quick thoughts on how to reform the justice penalty system? More harsh on voilent offenders, strikes to less offenses with parole or house arrest?

My condolences. What is your general feeling about that situation and your life since?

>commit crime
>get mad when you have to do the time and kys like a pussy

Nothing of value was lost.

$2,000

>89575974
That's a solution for sure, but we aren't humane enough as a society to make that sacrifice.

Press FUG :D to pay the bail

Meanwhile Sandra Bland does that and her family gets 2 million bucks.

His family isn't going to see that kind of money because they are white.

DIN

>risk people by drinking and driving
>dies because of it

Nothing of value was lost.

If you commit armed robbery you deserve to be shot on sight.

If you drink and drive you deserve to be wrapped around a tree.

DU

NUFFIN

I don't know about you, but we don't tolerate spies in America

you only have to pay 10-15% of the bail

Heh, my bail was 5 grand for felony battery I didn't commit. I'd been out in a week, but I didn't want to lose my job and be homeless.

Family didn't help me. As I've none. i feel for the guy, getting a charge of any kind can follow you forever and fuck up your life.

I don't have experience with bail but you don't have to put up the whole amount.

Its shitty but you get used to it.

He was the third person to get the same treatment with the same result within a couple years at that particular jail so there was clearly bigger problems. I believe his kids won a lawsuit against the county. I personally am glad national media never picked up the story although it was headline local news. I would not have dealt well with people poking around, but thats just me