Top tier
Business, finance, law, economics and medicine

Mid tier
Computer science, engineering and psychology

Low tier/ kill yourself tier
philosophy, English, physics, art, astronomy, chemistry and maths

Disagree? Explain why?

>Pic not related
>I am a fututes trader who is not a complete neet and truly believe the only degrees worth having are ones where the skills are usable in the real word

Fuck Trump and fuck fucking white people

Fuck Trump and fuck all white people,

Cool?

>chemistry, maths and physics not usable in the real world

Wtf I hate Trump now!
Also microbiology checking in
I work with qt nerd girls

>fututes

CS Major, here.

At least I know how to spell.

Fuck Trump and fuck all white people,

>yfw business teaches you to be a high paid wage cuck
>yfw it doesn't teach you how to own and run a business

How is it useable in the real world?

>Hello user thank you for coming to this interview to work at Kramerica, I see you have a degree in maths? So tell me user what is the true difference between you and a calculator?

You are right that computer science should be placed on the bottom because it allows you to post retarded shit like this all day.

>only degree worth having is one with skills used in the real world
>engineering is mid tier.

How do you think anything ever gets done?

>This has to be bait
>Nobody, not even niggers are this...
>see flag
Ayy! You got me m8, I've grown used to leaf shitposting

Wtf is a Trump?

i hate math and i'm not a math major but i can tell you're a fucking idiot because you think math majors just do shit you can put in a calculator. that's like a 12 year old's perception of math. they can make bank and they're more valuable than fucking psychology majors which you have in mid tier for some retarded reason lmao

What if I use my philosophy degree to get into law school
That's the plan anyway

>MFW not bait and the truth hurts

There are not a lot of jobs out there for engineers at the moment

How can they make bank? The only way I can imagine someone using maths to actually make any money would be if they learnt about statistics and the likelihood and put that to use in the stock market

Finance kill unself faggot.

dentist here in my first year of oral surgery residency. it's pretty cool except the hours are shit now. half the reason i picked dental school over med school was not needing a 4 year residency before i can work but oral surgery is the same time commitment. oh well.

It won't work

>neuroscience
>bottom tier
Y tho

just marathon'd that show wew ricky is my boy

MFW the truth comes out

>Literature is mid-tier
>Medicine is low-tier
>kys

>math
>physics
>god tier

HAHAHAHA

What job other than teaching would you even get?

>tfw recently graduated with a BS in applied math

>tfw unemployed

Why the fuck is it so hard to land an actuary position?

>physics or math majors make more than engineering or cs majors
>physics or math majors make more than engineering or cs majors
>physics or math majors make more than medicine majors
>literature majors make as much or more than economics, medicine, or computer science majors

br8 b8 m8

REEEEEEEEE A FUCKING LEAF

Stay out of my thread Canada this is serious!

Philosophy undergrads are the second highest scorers on the lsat...

What the fuck is wrong with astronomy?

How long have you been unemployed for? If you could go back what would you study?

>physics
>God tier

Where does this meme come from?

>not going to grad school

You have to work in the mail room at an insurance company and get the chief actuary to like you. I wish I had better advice, I had my first analyst job before I graduated...

>physics
>Making money

Pick one you meme

art is god tier

>psychology
>can't do shit without at least a master's
>not in kill yourself tier

I've seen you on the last 5 threads I've skimmed. Are you lost?

In what regard? Money making?

Business would be god-tier, law, medicine, engineering, statistics would be top-tier, most other stem and most trades would be mid-tier, pretty much everything else would be low.

What did you study?

Absolutely BTFO beyond comparison. Mathfags on suicide watch.

Econ major reporting in.

>An OP that actually replies to his threads

Neat.

Why do you consider physics, astronomy, chemistry and math low tier?

He auslard I asked why neuroscience is bottom tier. COME AT ME CORRECT BRO

>implying Germanistan knows shit about anything "God tier" post ~1943

Statistics is math bruh. Math is the basis of Economics through game theory, and is the theoretical basis for statistics.
Physics is also every important as it is basically the closest major to data analysis with its huge emphasis on crunching data to understand particle physics. Also if it weren't for the Manhattan project, we wouldn't have Monte Carlo simulations, which Econometricians rely on heavily.
t. Economics and Physics major

Excellent choice leaf I am doing finance

3 months

I would still study applied math but I would get a higher GPA (only 3.2 because personal problems 4th year) and would do more networking and shit

Fuck ya it is im not even majoring in anything physics related but i applaud the fuckers that do

I think that it is low tier because those skills are not applicable in the real world. There is only so much room in the market for all the phsics atronomers chemist and mathamaticions

>top tier: over-saturated fields
>mid tier: high demand fields

???

Chemical engineering>Physics>Medicine>rest

I thought that question was low-quality bait. If you really need an answer it's time to hero

Got my degree in Mathmatics after I was hired. I had an English Lit degree before though, they actually cared more about that because it was weird.

If you seriously want to be an actuary, just pass the tests. They'd be more impressed and hire you faster if you didn't have a degree.

Computer science should be seperated into two groups. Actual computer science and code monkeys. Bump computer science to Top tier. Math and Physics are near useless for almost all graduates and at best you will land a teaching job. There will be those few lucky ones that get to do meaningful research, but you will always be competing for a single spot between hundreds of applicants at least. If you do land a meaningful position with physics and math, sure it's great, but if you take the average it's mid tier.

Chemistry and engineering should be God tier.

Also what is your rating criteria? The amount of money you can potentially earn? How easy it is to realize and apply your degree? How impactful it is on society? Or just "Things I would love to do but cant is god tier, things I love is high tier..." etc.

Debatable, but I think I understand your point.

I would consider physics, chemistry and math pretty top tier, but the market is over saturated at this point.

>Top tier
>Business, finance, law, economics

Now it gets interesting.

You consider Neuroscience bottom tier?

"Communications" major here. I majored in video production, specifically film editing. I had to wade through a bunch of artsy mumbo jumbo and hipstery bullshit, but I came out of it with a solid background in post-production editing which I consider an often overlooked trade skill.

Starting salary out the gate is probably around 35k, but proficient commercial editors can pull in around 80k a year easy. It's not six figures and it's not glamorous, but it's a solid, comfy job.

>Wagecucking

You pathetic worms really make me laugh.

Neuroscience has wide real world application and is in fact at the cutting edge of science along with physics. Ur gay and your bait is all retarded.

>1 post by this ID

>computer science is not even a top tier

Kys, fag. I make more than twice than Biotards from my uni.

This. I'm so tired of getting stuffed with the code monkeys.

>NEETcuck
I rather be a worm than not exist at all.

Linguistics is atleast top tier

Also, where do you live? If you want a job so bad be able to move.

>The only way I can imagine someone using maths to actually make any money would be if they learnt about statistics and the likelihood and put that to use in the stock market
If they knew about statistics and likelihood then they wouldn't put it in the stock market.

What's wrong with CS? Easy employment that pays well.

t: master of CS

>I am a fututes trader

No, you are unemployed and living in your parents home. Anyone who calls themselves a day trader is a NEET, desu people who actually understand finance and actually work in the industry are hedge fund managers. You make much more and risk nothing managing other peoples' money.

Remember this folks, anyone who claims to be a "futures trader" is a jobless retard. There is a whole cult of them on the internet that basically all have gambling addictions and live in their parents basement.

Where did you go, aussie OP?

yea why dont u go physics urself up a job cuck

Nothing. Code monkeys build a bad rep. But even they can earn alot of money, compared to the amount of work you need to put into it to fill that position.

Actually filling your CS degree to its full potential is a gold mine right now. The demand keeps going up for it. The market is only over saturated with people who do HTML5 """programming""". The upper portions are barely surviving because there are no people to fill the positions.

CS major. Only 4 hours away from being a math major. Fuck yourself ignorant fuck

>physics
>math
Literly the best things to study

Cred Forums memes have no hold in reality
>inb4 meme magix

>tfw History Major
>tfw I work in a WW2 museum and get to finger guns used in battle, talk about historic things stuff has seen and drop subtle redpills
>we have an MG42 and a liscense plate from hiroshima when we made rice crispies
> tfw I get $70k a year

Comfy middle class dream job.

>Actually filling your CS degree to its full potential is a gold mine right now
What do you mean? How?

I'm in 1st year comp sci (22 years old, JUST kill me) and I'm thinking taking finance options to maximize employability

Anyone doing civil engineering here? I want to do that because eventually, America has to be rebuilt in some way and job prospects seems good in the future.
>as long as we need water, roads, rail, bridges, air/ports and buildings, we have jobs.
>seems less cucked as you actually need to be outside, a trade I am willing to do for slightly less income than other meme careers

Chemistry is top tier

I'm saying this as someone who did physics and math, you can make massive bank with chemistry due to oil and medicine. Far more practical than the rest of STEM

is film considered art? my degree is pretty much useless, i just got it so i could meet people so i could work easier. i worked while i went to school so i have no debt and i'm making 48k out of school and it's pretty great because i'm making a bunch of connections and on my way up. i was a bio major for 2.5 years but i couldn't do it anymore, i was suicidal it was driving me crazy lmao

>Astronomy
>Philosophy
>go fucking kill yourself tier
>mfw my degrees are in both of those
p.s. I can almost guarantee I make more than you per year. 150k.

>no one cares about geology
>jobs all over because there's a shortage of geologists
>all I do is hike and make maps

>Computer Science
>Not god tier

You stupid emu fucker, you're using a computer to shitpost right fucking now

business in the same league as medicine.

please kill yourself

>150k.

I'll agree astronomy isn't shit tier.

But you know I'll have to ask for a fucking source or job title that can net you that amount of money.

How the fuck is astronomy in the bottom tier? This is shit

Confirmed for never having studied either subject past high school.

Average astronomer makes around 120k. The company I work for's starting wages are 92k. I'm an oldfag but it's real easy for newcomers to get comfy quick.

God Tier: College Dropout

I'm legitimately curious. What do you do exactly, and how do you make that kind of money?

t. marine electrician making $25/hour

the only top tier is a double doctorate in marine biology and chemistry

Linguistics here

I do it because i actually like languages and how they work. I also studied it for some personal reasons.

Job outlook? Decent i guess, linguistics on its own is trash. It needs to paired with another discipline.

>Psychology above Medicine
Seriously, such bad bait that I hope you kys.

>comp sci
>neturoscience
>worst tier

god dammit australia, there are kids on where that will actually take you seriously

>The market is only over saturated with people who do HTML5 """programming""".

I wouldn't call them CS folk though, those guys are less than code monkeys

If you want to get employed, get involved in open source or if you're too spergy for that, ambitious personal projects. Then create an online portfolio and fill it up with that shit = you're set

>tfw getting a worthless Economics degree

I'm going to graduate in June and I don't know what the fuck I'm going to do. I just want a lowly job as an underling in finance. Even something like a credit analyst or insurance underwriter would be fine. Thankfully, I have no debt.

The only person I know with a math degree is a NEET who can't find a job. His entire circle of friends (including myself) were comp sci majors, and we all make >60k a year. Said NEET is now applying to grad school for Comp Sci so he can actually do something useful.

Also notice, no one else responsed to me. This is a place to bitch, not get a job.

>HTML5 """programming"""

I'm a microcontrollerfag and that doesn't qualify in my mind.

HTML5 is some of the easiest shit ever created.

chem degrees can get decent money in pharma

What about history? This would be a Dream direction for me but i dont know if i could make my living with it.

You know
I was going to say
>math
>god tier
What the fuck job can you get with a math degree.
And then I remembered.
>140k starting
>any job I want

What about welders?

>marine biology and chemistry

What are you jizzing on Dolphins

Well actually I'm retiring pretty soon but basically my job consists of me, well...observing the stars. I write out and submit reports based on observations, map out the universe as we know it, travel around the country (and sometimes to other countries) going from observatory to observatory gathering data for reports, and sometimes my entire work day is just reading about different planets, solar systems, new findings, theories, etc.

Basically I get paid 150k a year to work 8 hours a day, 4 days a week (but that does change), with my work consisting of reading, writing, observing, and traveling. Lots of computer work involved. Running numerical models, analyzing data, and so on and so forth. I'd say about 70% of astronomers teach at colleges as part of their job but I stopped doing that about 15 years ago after I got promoted.

I know you didn't ask for this but in case you're interested, here's the pros and cons of being an astronomer:

Pros:
>Get to travel A LOT
>Relatively stress free environment as the main focus is about discovery, record keeping, and research as apposed to selling an item or doing something fast enough in the fastest amount of time
>Fair amount of job security
>astronomers tend to be really nice, smart folks
>extremely high wages

Cons:
>you'll likely travel so much that you don't spend a lot of time at home
>it's a self-led job so people who need structure to work are likely to find it difficult
>not as much free time while traveling, schedules can sometimes change all of a sudden

curing diseases and extending human life, nigger

Oh look this thread again

>top tier
American
>shit tier
Autralian

>It needs to paired with another discipline.

Such as?

Sound pretty comfy if you can deal with traveling.Z

I'm personally more interested in prosthetics and related stuff, but very little can top exploring space.

The "only STEM and Business degrees count" meme is responsible for high college dropout rates because people go to college for things they aren't interested in making it literally impossible to get a degree.

I have a Political Science BA and I'm doing fine.

>healthcare lower than chemistry and biology

This is a great image.

Hey man, do whatever makes you happy. I love astronomy even though I'm retiring. I just want to be a casual observer now, and the money I've made over the past 30 years is--not to brag--but a boatload. I paid off my daughter's college debt immediately and I can pay for our very comfortable lifestyle for the next 270 years or so. I love my daughter so that motivated me to work even harder and impress the higher ups so I could ensure a stable future for her no matter what.

CS degree, probably the most relevant for Current Year. Nob

Radiography, simple, easy, pays well. Although i might go back to school for biology if nail down where in the field i'd really like to work

Was Steve jogs a computer scienctist?