France becomes the first country in the world to ban plastic cups & dishes

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/09/19/france-bans-plastic-plates-and-cutlery/

>PARIS — France has apparently become the first country in the world to ban plastic plates, cups and utensils, passing a law that will go into effect in 2020. Exceptions will be allowed for items made of compostable, biosourced materials.

>The new law is a part of the country’s Energy Transition for Green Growth Act, the same legislation that also outlawed plastic bags in grocery stores and markets beginning in July. Although plastic bags are forbidden in other countries — including in some U.S. states — no country seems to have embraced a plastic ban as sweeping as France’s will be.

>The general idea behind the law — following the landmark conference held in Paris last fall on curbing global warming — is to promote a “circular economy” of waste disposal, “from product design to recycling,” French lawmakers say.

Other urls found in this thread:

msnbc.com/msnbc/san-francisco-bans-sale-plastic-water-bottles-climate-change
store.infowars.com/Super-Male-Vitality-_p_1227.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So they aren't banning plastics, just non-compostable plastics.

Styrofoam just got banned in Miami Beach. Doesn't bother me tbchwy.

Hopefully this will help ease the fears of people who think xenoestrogens in the cutlery and containers are at fault for people being faggots. And we could get some data.

I think "the pill" is a much more serious threat. It deliberately interferes in the reproductive process.

sounds like a move in the right direction. now they can start using green alternatives so we don't trash our planet any more. hopefully more countries pass similar laws

>Banning petroleum based products

France this is some very worrying behavior
Shouldn't you be more worried about other threats than a silly thing like plastic?

A U T H O R I T A R I A N

U

T

H

O

R

I

T

A

R

I

A

N

Well done frogs. Well done.

t-thanks

>muh plastic plate

said nobody

That's cool. I just hope it's not another way of taxing us.
>Paying the recycling tax is mandatory Jean-Jacques

Welp, say hello to less jobs france

We are banning this cheap product and replacing it with this product only available from my friends company oh and my other friends company is in charge of the recycling and they will charge what they want because it's your tax dollars, but it's for the environment honestly got pay no attention to China or India it's Europe and it's incredibly clean and empathetic people that's the problem.

I hate rubbish as much as the next guy but are the brown envelopes so invisible to normal people?

I love that they banned plastic Tupperware because of the environment, and not because of the xenoestrogens polluting our bodies from said plastics.

You've all seen oil rigs, yes?

With the flume of flame shooting out of the top?

That's mostly ethylene, the precursor to polyethylene.

>when we don't turn ethylene into plastic, we burn the fucker at the point of extraction
>hydrocarbons burn to produce CARBON FUCKING DIOXIDE

But, whatever. I'd rather they start banning irrelevant things to make themselves look green than add yet more carbon taxes to the fuel bills.

care to explain ?

not even California (where styrofoam cups and containers are banned) is this cucked

good job fronz!

Sure. See this And know that its not likely that you'll see a competitive compostable utensil market happen as a result of this.

they should rather ban niggers and sandniggers

Done

I'm failing to see wtf is wrong with this.

when you cant do anything about niggers and mudslimes utterly destroying your county's culture. the ugly epoch is upon you.

there probaly work like 50 ppl in the plastic dish industry in france

congrats you're european then

Actually a good move by the frogs.

>France doing something right.
I'm for it. Now ban habib

fuck off pinko

Nobody ever talk about the epidemic of young male exposed to massive surge of estrogen.

The only time I heard about it was, no shit, because young girls were having breast and period earlier and how that could be domaging for their psyche.

Like male are going infertile and the only think you care about is a dumb bitch getting popular because she grew boobs earlier ???

Ah and never forget that the pill is massively what is causing this phenomenom

But the pill is only second to abortion in the holy trinity of man hating feminist, that's why nobody dares tackle on it

What a world we live in

Why are you so irritated? Does your dad work for Big Plastic or somethin?

Should be a world wide ban to be quite honest family.

>he doesnt bust fat loads into his gfs pussie on the regular

>don't oppose this pollution, commie
>embrace it
>cherish it
>this is what we should strive for MORE of
>this is THE AMERICAN WAY

That's one way to keep the muzzies from trashing up your country but I'm sure they'll find other things to litter with soon enough.

>this, since France is third world now its good they're taking precautions

>not even California (where styrofoam cups and containers are banned) is this cucked
Wut?

>ban plastic that turns your countrymen into infertile pussified women AFTER you import a million shitskins

Rwanda banned plastic bags like 10 years ago. It cut down on trash HARD.

Really glad France is stepping up. We use too many oil derived products as is.

i like it.

This is good news.

anyone who thinks not consuming carcinogens while simultaneously filling the oceans with plastic is severely jewtricked.

in america (a country owned by corporations FULLY) people still use styrofoam to eat from. (known human carcinogen)

now ban plastic bottles

>euros outlaw using oil and plastic etc
>it makes it cheaper for the rest of us
Lol thanks fags

btw guys this means the only plastic you will eat/drink out of will be plastic that is already disolving and leeching xeno-estrogens into your food.

Plastic does not magically know that it has been thrown away, and if it's dissolving is based upon acid or alkaline, it does not say nor tell you.

Enjoy your mantits frogs.

This I think is a little more valid but not for the environment, but just, making sure plastics that hold food/beverages for a long time, dont cause harm to the consumer.

These aren't allowed in the state of MN.
Styrofoam products either.
So...

We beat you.

yeah, we're glad that you losers kill yourself earlier than we do. Thanks for being useful idiots :^)

San Francisco is leading the charge.

msnbc.com/msnbc/san-francisco-bans-sale-plastic-water-bottles-climate-change

Good.
I truly believe that the xenoestrogens released by plastics into our system is the main reason why some people are acting like fucking weirdos.

But that's just refugees

Leaking xeno-estrogens? I'm not educated enough to say, but are they trying to feminize people?

Yeah, I bet the workers on those factories are not protesting, or the people who buy from cheap places will like to pay extra for the new biodegradable plates, or the companies who profit from recycling those materials

Too bad it isn't sporks raping their daughters in the street.

Most estrogen/obesity is from high consumption meat and diary.

store.infowars.com/Super-Male-Vitality-_p_1227.html

>sounds like a move in the right direction.
It is. Next thing they should ban alcohol and pork.

>giving le water filter salesman your money

It's a meme you dip.

How is the pill turning men into fags though? I know it affects women, it causes them all kinds of problems.

Ever heard of cardboard plates?

Why not stainless steel.

>stainless steel

it gets in the water systems
along with all sorts of other estrogen sources, synthetic or otherwise

Looks fine.

Doesn't really bother me because they specifically allowed products that are compostable. The costs of using plastic dinnerware isn't realised all up front, environmental costs are part of it.

Yeah but that's Rwanda. Banning plastic bags is useless in countries where people don't just throw them onto the street, and instead use them as liners for trash bins.

Like you guys know the recycling slogan right? Reduce, Reuse, Recycle? Reusing plastic grocery bags is almost certainly more environmentally friendly than say paper bags, they just aren't renewable. I know plenty of people that buy boxes of plastic bags to replace the plastic bags they're no longer getting from the grocery store, causing more waste than when they just had the plastic bags.

Plastic bag bans make sense for shitholes, but they don't make sense everywhere.

Great, I hope we follow their lead soon.

If the France makes any food-related decisions I trust them 110%.

>People STILL falling for the "If we don't stop X by Y we'll all Z" meme

Christ, this is embarrassing.

>Drinking alcohol and estrogen from a cup that leaks estrogen

Enjoy your man tits.