Princeton grad here to inform you of 2 things:

1. Princeton just got ranked number 1 university in the us/world (as it does almost every year).
And 2. College (even princeton) is a motherfucking clown of a purchase.
Everything you learn from any college you can learn online. Iq is 80 percent heritable and mostly determined by the time you are 5 years old. The nurture>nature losers want to kill me for saying it, but nature is everything. College doesnt make you smart. about half of my college classmates were close minded losers who spent all their time studying to make up for their crucial secret that they werent that smart.
Go to ur local community college. Learning content (textbooks, videos etc) are much more important than whatever cunt is lecturing you.
And btw i was stem. It doesnt even matter. Wiki U is going to bankrupt 90 percent of us/world colleges and uni's. Just watch.

rlly amkes me

Well you went, so what does that say about your intelligence?

hey fellow princeton grad. go tigers!

Considering Princeton has never ranked higher than number 3, I'll assume you haven't even graduated highschool yet

>tfw denied to Princeton ;_;

>tfw ur school mascot is a tiger but u don't go to Princeton

Which class? '14 here.

HIP HIP RAH RAH RAH TIGER TIGER TIGER SIS SIS SIS BOOM BOOM BOOM AH! '14 '14 '14!

Don't feel too bad. Shit was way overpriced for what amounted to brainwashing by Keynesian propaganda artists. At least my Economics major was.

Clemson are the only tigers

Not OP, but '05 here.

Everyone knows that you go to a good school so that you can make connections, not get superior education. Having the degree opens an extraordinary amount of doors in the world of the upper-crust.

Nice, did you go to reunions?

op is correct

12 hours on youtube = 1 semester of university

>graduate from the most prostigious university on earth

>spend your quality time having arguments with the lowest people in society

You're like the Intellectual equivalent of Jesus.

>hey doc, where did you say you studied medicine again?
>Google, now let's get this heart transplant started
lol

This. Most people grind their time studying long hours to get into prestigious schools for money, not the expand their mind.

princeton is not #1 nor do i remember it ever being so

secondly, you go to college for a degree, not learning

thirdly, yes eventually college will be replaced with standardized testing and independent education. but (((they))) will do everything possible to slow down that progress to keep their comfy teaching gigs.

fourthly, ai will replace everyone in 30 years

UPMC here. Anyone else ?

What the fuck is wiki U?

For most people (e.g. prep school attendees) yes. Some people actually come to for the sake of learning/ building technical expertise (scientists, mathematicians, physicists, etc.). My class was about 75% of tne former, 25% of the latter.

They ain't go not PJ's Pancake House online

Ain't got no Hoagie Haven either.

>iq is 80% heritable

Actually a plurality of scientists agree that the heritability factor is 0.7.

SAGED and DROPPED

Also you didn't go to Princeton if you didn't know that (one of the lead researchers was a Princeton PhD)

I went last year in 2015 for my tenth. Not this year tho.

>Princeton grad here
>"ur"

nice try CTR

Universities are needed not because they give you education - you could teach yourself even before internet, remember mass printed books? Today's university is basically a combination of what said, and a nanny that looks after the legal adults and somewhat motivates them to learn.

Unis are important for research though.

>you'd be better off at a no name school

This is false. Employers use the prestige of your school as a sorting mechanism to judge applicants, particularly now that everyone has a degree. You will have far greater opportunities at a name brand school.

You're literally pretty dumb.

A fundamental misunderstanding of a teacher's purpose is to see them as a merchant, not a laborer.

A teacher doesn't exist to give you access to knowledge, they exist to shove it into your dumb petulant head.

99% of humanity has neither the discipline nor the self-interest to learn on their own and that's why teachers and schools exist and why MOOCs will never take over education.

i went to a regular state university for undergrad and my gf went to an ivy and there was definitely a difference in what was required of her. like they would say just push this sequence of buttons on your calculator and you get this answer to me, meanwhile she was having to write out all the formulas by hand.

I chuckled in real time

Yeah we know

Don't be so dramatic. Instruction clearly accelerates the learning process. It's not just a question of motivation. Most of the greatest scientists, artists, musicians, and athletes have had instruction at some point.

also, great to see another thread where everyone pretends they're not insecure about not getting into an ivy. move along everyone -- keep telling yourselves you're just as good, no wait -- actually better! than everyone at the ivys.

Fair, for the greats it's a matter of an apprenticeship model that accelerates their learning.

But for the rest of us plebes? Very few of us are autodidacts and most of us only learn under compulsion from society.

As an Ivy League student, I love my school. But I recognize that it's great because of the connections I've made and the networking I've done.

The only exception are some of the most upper level courses taught by incredible faculty - like this class on the ACA I'm taking now taught by Zeke Emmanuel.

good post.

I studied engineering. I realized I was not smart because of the amount of time I had to invest. For example, I could not juggle an engineering degree and a girlfriend... or engineering and networking... or engineering or looking for a job. Not if i wanted to get straight A's.

Actually on second thought, the feminization of university fucked me over. By feminization i mean:
-Group work, usually 30% of your grade and usually towards the end of the semester when you should be studying for exams. Working with autists with no communication skills like the people on r9k.
--Presentation of group project. Have fun spending a day or two planning your presentation, time that could have gone to better uses.
-High workload of assignments that were only worth 10%.
-forced attendance of GARBAGE classes like "law and ethics." If you have to teach someone about ethics... then you should be shot in the head. BTW, i'm not an ethical person but Aced the course.

>tfw you realize OP triggered you.

instead of going to UNI... that doesn't teach you any skills.

learn the material yourself, the internet is really the best invention ever created. You can find high quality content from these private torrent sites, FREE. (BTW, YOU DONT NEED A DEGREE IF YOU CAN PROGRAM THANKS TO HIGH DEMAND).

TheVault.bz
ThePlace.bz
TheGeeks.bz (i think the domain is correct).