This is an emergency email I just received from campus security this afternoon

This is an emergency email I just received from campus security this afternoon.

>On Monday evening the university and local police received a few reports of people dressed in clown costumes on campus. There were also several social media posts that suggested the same. We have seen similar reports of clown sightings at other universities and towns across the state and the Southeast.

>Local police officers were on patrol and immediately responded to the areas reported but were unable to locate anyone. Local police will continue to patrol our campus and investigate any suspicious activity. We are not aware of any danger or threat to our campus community.

>We also had a report of students walking around looking for people dressed as clowns. For your safety, we strongly encourage you to leave this job to local police. Please use good judgment and avoid wearing clown masks, as it could be perceived as a hazard or threat to others.

>We urge our campus community to be vigilant and always report anything suspicious by dialing 911. If you have information or questions, you can call the police department's non-emergency number.

>The safety of our students, employees and visitors is our priority and we will continue to do everything possible to keep our campus safe.

What the FUCK is going on? What did I miss??

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria
bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2013/09/a-mystery-clown-has-appeared-in-northampton-england
app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?Cite=9A.40.090
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice viral marketing scheme. I'll pirate the remake when it comes out though.

Bump out of interest.

Just wild clowns coming close to civilized society because of logging and forest fires. Nothing to freak out about, they are just clowning around. And they are more scared of you than you are of them, just don't feed them anything and they will be gone in no time.

Work with a nigress. Some clowns facetimed her high school son and knew where he lived. They have a facebook page and a list of other schools they are gonna harass. Idk what its about, and I know there have been reports of then attempting to get children for whatever reason. If I see one, Gaston is gonna make him shit his pants. I know where a clown doesn't belong and I know where one may be legitimately entertaining

Literally viral marketing for IT
Fuck off already

Really quick, can someone TL;DR on the whole clown thing? I've been hearing about it for weeks going on months now and I'm still not getting the whole ordeal. Is it a serial killer cult?
Strange, think it's a meme, or something bigger?

Social media era 'gang initiation' chain mail spam

henk

Guys. What if the Jews aren't the bad guys? What if it's all been a distraction from the real threat to humanity. The Clowns.

If they're showing themselves it's probably too late. The age of the Clowns is upon us.

This
You think clowns are actually people?

I think its a slew of copycatters. Coincidence of It coming out plus maybe that one or two instances of kiddie diddlers creeping out of the woods. It'll stop as soon as parents catch a couple

It's just the Eldar trying to find Cegorach again, those floozy fucking milksops

kek

>2016
>going to Auburn

#NotAllClowns

Clown refugees are just following a religion of peace

C'mon, we all know that clown are nice people and they certainyl don't want to hurt you.

Don't be a clownophobe

By nature, wild clowns prefer solitude within the wilderness, it's the natural way and safer for both clowns and humans alike.

Clowns become habituated to human food sources if they find it often enough. In recent years, wildlife agencies have adopted more innovative clown management strategies that emphasize problem prevention rather than relocation.
Habituated clowns lose their wildness and might become a threat to people, property and themselves. There are certain precations you can take:

1: Clown sense of smell is greater than our K9 friends; they will likely know you're around before you see them, making the clown more elusive if they get the chance.

2: If you see a clown, don't run to a tree, clowns are as much at home in a tree as they are on the ground. First stand still then slowly back away while facing the clown, increasing your distance moderately. Do not run or panic, panicking scares the clown more than the clown scares you.

3: Clowns like all species of animal and human kind want food. Food odors attract clowns, so don't be careless by leaving out food to draw clowns into plain sight, an action that is just cruel and damaging to the clowns, plus it's illegal.

4: Clowns are beautiful creatures and not pets. If they seem friendly, they're just looking for a handout...tactfully and gently let them know they're not welcome. From a safe distance, inoffensively raise your arms over your head and wave them, and make some noise.

5: If a clown approaches, frighten it by yelling, banging pans together, or throwing rocks, do not charge the clown.

6: Never surround or corner a clown.

7: Never run from a clown, slowly back away and make lots of noise, clown understand oral confrontation and will often use their own oral abilities to voice their disapproval.

8: Encourage others to follow all safety instructions when they are in your presence. And post these safety rules in places where clowns are found.

Auburn here, I got the same thing.

It'd normally just write it off, but this wasn't from some random student, this was directly from campus security.

If it is just spam then it's a MASSIVE fuck up on the part of the university.
And if it's not spam... then WTF???

HE A GOOD CLOWN HE GOIN TA CLOWN COLLEGE HE DINDU NUFFIN

Viral marketing for the remake of a film.
The book was great, the actor of the clown made the clown great, it will be a shit remake

CLOWN LIVES MATTER!

>people dress as clowns
>O NO. HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is literally coming from the official university email server.

If it's a hoax than the university administration just sent 28,000 students and faculty an urgent public safety alert about clowns.

Are you stupid?

Just a reminder that these pointless remakes are just a sign of a lack of creativity. Tim Curry was a better clown than whoever the fuck is playing Pennywise in the remake.

This has been showing up in the news about once a week or so for a month or two now.

it won't be long before armed gangs go into the woods on clown hunts.

>right wing death squads genodicing clowns in the american southwest...

I dont think so, there was something trending a week ago about random clown sightings in the US south east
Even interviewed a few spooked dindus who saw them

Viral marketers probably wouldn't be trying to lure kids into the woods though.

It's not outside possibility but if it is, it'll end up going bad like the Aqua Teen thing did in Boston.

No, but I think our campus officials are.

If you got a bunch of random reports about, say, people running around town in Jason Voorhees outfits, would your first instinct as a college administrator be to send 30 thousand people an email alerting them to look out for people in hockey masks and stop having hot, unprotected, premarital sex?

> but dude, university email!

That's incredibly insensitive to ICP fans, you racists

>Viral marketers probably wouldn't be trying to lure kids into the woods though.
They do when it's Islam. :^)

>clowning around
Fuck off Norge

The viral marketing idea is probably right, but like you said if it is this is going to completely backfire on whatever PR firm organized it like the bomb hoax thing did for Adult Swim.

Sending people in clown outfits to parks and shit to scare little kids and unnerve parents is fucking grade A lawsuit fodder.

>TL;DR on the whole clown thing
Some news report from earlier this month about clowns trying to beckon kids into a nearby woods has been spawning a bunch of copycat pranksters/incidents just in time for the Halloween season.

2016 is shaping up to be one hell of a meme year.

assuming what you say is true, wouldn't that imply that this ISN'T a viral marketing stunt?

Sweet I can finally post this

>2016
>America
>Satanic killer clowns
>political and business elites worship Moloch
>democratic nominee is a nearly dead reptilian shapeshifter

How does pretending to be afraid of clowns help the jews?

It could be a marketing stunt that the colleges and police aren't aware of. In which case they're just repeating reports from concerned citizens and freaked out parents.

This is the south though so... countdown until some clown prankster gets shot?

Mmh, sweet.
Why is it so hard for fuckers to be original? It's almost as though people can't think for themselves. Scares the shit out of me way more than a few creepy clowns.

If we are in a simulation then it looks like someone is fucking around with community mods

We've had how many remakes of The Trojan war and the passion? If the story is good it's going to keep getting told

Thanks for the chuckle.

If digits the Clowns are after niggers.

I keep seeing on my local news station reports of people in clown costumes in the city abducting children. There must be some deep web site where people are discussing this

GAS THE MIMES

CLOWN WAR NOW

>Fucking city boy who's never seen a wild clown
Dude clowns are assholes pure and simple and should be shot on sight. Last summer I lost 3 catgirls to a clown attack. That's $30,000 I lost, not to mention the potential injury to myself or my family and friends. Thanks to liberal policies the clown population has tripled in my state and has decimated the wild prey. This has lead them to encroach on human farms. So yeah fuck your clowns are our friends bullshit, shoot on sight

[[[ PR stunt for the new IT movie ]]]
Calling it from a mile away.

No, because you don't need actual clown, just people who claim to see clowns willing. Magically, in the day of social media, where people tweet as they drive off cliffs, no one has taken one photo or is ever sourced. But BSE was fun while it lasted, amirite?

Since when is a clown illegal?
#NotAllClowns
#FreeBoBo
#ClownsOfPeace

Both of these post mention catgirls in one way on another .
Whats going on here?
Is there a connection between clowns and catgirldom?

We Nightvale now

Naw just synchronicity.

This meme has potential to trend if these clown sightings continue.

>#ReligionOfPies

People like you are the reason the captain breaks his gun display case.

Someone is going to get killed from all this nonsense.

How come I never have /m/'s rapeconomics when I need it

>ITS JUST VIRAL MARKETING

you fucking morons repeat this in every single thread. holy shit sometimes I feel like I'm surrounded by 80 IQ niggers. do you have any idea how frustrating it is to be surrounded by a bunch of talking chimps?

it wouldnt be viral marketing if the police are looking for them and putting out statements that this is illegal and you will be arrested

fuck off back to /reddit/ we dont need more dumb people here

MOM'S

... Nazi stormtrooper beating a clown mime with a taze stick?

>What the FUCK is going on? What did I miss??
What are you talking about? Lefties are well-known for their aversion to humor.

google "space station 13"

GONNA

It is being reported by too many credible sources at this point. It is definitely real.

>Nothing to freak out about
Clownwalker pls go

He only honk he a good boy he dindu nuffin

I wish a clown would try something so i can say i shot a clown.

Its a massive hoax.

Yeah this is happening all across the South. The bible belt has some weird repressed shit going on that has never really been addressed, so I'm not surprised this is manifesting in such a bizarre way.

Also, nothing that happens in 2016 will surprise me anymore. This is a meme year.

Yep, movie marketing.

Fake clown reports. No adult fears clowns.

>remake

I don't think re-adaptations deserve to be called remakes.

You missed out.

#ClownLivesMatter

REMOVE CLOWN

Ain't nobody give a shit about a children's cartoon

Clowns are supposed to be grotesque caricatures and always have been. The uncanny valley grotesque visage is literally the only reason children think they're scary.

The south will HONK again

I live in a tiny town called Siler city in North Carolina. Yesterday the cops were called because someone had seen clowns at a local park(Bray Park).

If this were just marketing they wouldn't target my town we only have 15000 people here.

Mass Hysteria.

Once you start the rumor you get copycat calls and hallucinations. So either some fool thought it was a good joke or the viral marketing caused cognitive dissonance and panic in some other fool.

That's literally what viral marketing is, other people spread your marketing for free. Its a meme virus of advertising.

Didn't consider that. Thanks user, really makes me think :^)

You're probably right though. I was simply saying that they aren't all payed.

Memes are ideas that self-replicate and mutate and can be passed form person to person. Its literally a thought process. Fill somebody's head with memes and you change how they think.

If you're a good memecrafter you might understand memes well enough to have some immunity. But overall its much like Hypnosis, memes won't make you do or think something you weren't already inclined to.

Oh and the word Zeitgeist means "Spirit of the times" or "Thing in the air" it refers to the popular thoughts, ideas and memes in the public mind.

In the 1950s everything was Nuclear. Nuclear cars, boats, airplanes, nuclear monsters, nuclear superheroes, nuclear medicine.

Holy shit, the clown thing is happening all around the country. What the FUCK I thought it was just my area...

Nice advermeme.

CHECKED
But it isn't just a meme, clowns have been showing up and acting really strange, and then fucking vanishing into the woods in my area.

#NotAllClowns

>he doesn't know about the great juggalo uprising
user, plz.

FREAK

I bet a fucking clown posted this

so true that's all it is.

they want to remake this garbage movie.

and they want the collegecucks to gobble it up like they gobble up the bbc and diversity.
filthy jews at there finest.

HITLER
DID
NOTHING
WRONG

>ignore clown posts
>hide clown threads
>don't respond to clown posters

Clown genocide when?

Why are the police involved? Is it illegal to walk around dressed like a clown or to actually be a clown?

I thought they were all dead.

Its HABBBINNNNINNNNN! CLOWNING OUT. FUCKERS are worse than chimps! GA reporting in. We had local clowns in daluth. Cops said they tried to lure kids into the woods. Im not sure if a viral campaign would do/say that. And it was reported by the local abc news. Not sure if it was a hoax but didnt this same type of shit habbin about 3 years back in
> Bakersville, Cali????

No, but it is illegal to lure children into the woods with money and candy.

See
Its literally viral marketing and it happens all the fucking time. You're too young to remember the DC Sniper, but everybody was watching for white vans.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_hysteria

Is it really? Is there an actual law that you can't offer presents to children?

How do they even know these are the same clowns?

Ya but I thought the DC sniper was a real thing. They caught that dude and his son. Thats nothing like a viral campaign. A viral campaign would be like jj Abrams putting slusho signs all over new york or Louisiana. Or hell even bad self eater. I dont think this is the same man. Viral or not or mass hysteria or whatever. Its fucking creepy and when the authorities report on it, it def has something behind it. Either way BTFO clowns.

Leave the Gamzee cosplayers alone.

>tfw you realize Brexit was really about quarantining the clowns
>and it didn't work
bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2013/09/a-mystery-clown-has-appeared-in-northampton-england

Yes, it's referred to as Luring, and it can get you into a lot of trouble depending on the circumstance.
> old lady giving a child cookies
Fine
>Clowns luring children into the woods
Obvious possible danger
It depends on your state's legislature.
app.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?Cite=9A.40.090

Fucking wild clowns always going through my trash

>he doesn't clowntrap
nothing worse than seeing a giant shoe'd leg in your trap in the morning, mad bastard chewed it off its own leg to get away, just gotta follow the seltzer and put it down if it hasn't honked it's last already

Don't worry, there's others from /tg/ here too, though it may seem like our board is full of hillary supporters.

It's called the silent majority for a reason.

Maybe the clowns are just a part of Kek's army of hell?

In all seriousness, this sounds like a creepypasta come to life. I swear i saw one behind my storage shed

Kek wouldn't send evil clowns to kill people. He'd send "The alt right" instead

Same thing.

Nice Crash plush in the background

It's edgy kids trying copying the person that started this cringey trend. Why the fuck would you be afraid of a weeb in a clown costume anyway? If they offered me money or candy I would probably just follow them into the spoopy woods, listen to a cheesey dialogue, get a jolly rancher then depart. It would be kind of cool if people started dying or getting injured by these clowns, but I dont see that happening.

or maybe that makes it the best viral technique you dumb faggot

Remember when luring into the wilderness wasnt against the rules?

Are they rebooting this movie?

I'm not usually a conspiracy guy, but I am starting to wonder if this crap was planned to disrupt the news cycle and take the focus off terrorism.

Someone call the lunchbox avenger. He can save us.

Kek

Clowns are child murdering pedophiles and the alt right are the New Workers Party of America

Stephen Kings "It" is being remade.

War eagle bro

Roll Tide faggot

savage

>one of my coworkers was formally a professional clown

What the fuck do i do?
Do i remove Kebozo?

The opposite is true.

Guys I know that I live in a shithole and all

but WHAT THE FUCK is going on in the US this year? Holy fucking shit. They opened up the friday 13's pandora box or something?

Conspiracy theories, fucking clows, meme magic, hillary, trump having chance to be the president. Damn, are we in a 80's movie?

mass hysteria, thats all

Remove Kazoo

WHAT THE FUCK, A FRIEND OF A FRIEND WAS JUST TELLING US ABOUT HOW SHE SAW A CLOWN ON THE STREET WITH AN AXE TODAY

I live in the South East. There are some weird reports going on at a local university.

Too bad none of them will return. These aren't what you think they are and should probably be left alone.

I'll tell you what's going on Sonny. As the wiki page this user shared shows, mass hysteria is perpetuated EXCLUSIVELY by bitches, hoes, and scallywags.

Being betrothed to the Jewish NWO of white genocide, and sensing the seismic shift (ie:race war) that is going to follow Trump's overwhelming win in Nov, bitches be going crazy.

However, since these rural east coast biddies are too blue pilled to see the threat that is going to make blood flow through the streets of our fathers, they see clowns, which are kind of scary I guess.

The next time some qt mentions clowns to you, be sure to let her know nigger crime statistics and that the Holocaust was seriously exaggerated.

Dross did a video about this clowns really!

Let me know when one of these clowns kills a fag like in the book

CIDF pls

What happened with Aqua Teen?

They put LED mooninites all over some major cities to advertise the movie, some idiots thought they were bombs, they had to apologize

[AS] put up a bunch of lightbrite looking things with images of the moonanites on them and they got reported as suspicious devices to the cops. IIRC the studio was threatened with bomb hoax charges, but nothing ever came of it.

kek

City dude here, grew up in the woods. They're out here too dude, it's not a joke. I saw a wild clown in the city common a week ago and chalked it up to delerium after a weekend of binge drinking but I've heard nothing but talks about them reconstituted in the area due to deforestation and such. We've always known they find their niche but what the fuck gives now? The one I saw looked docile enough. Not your typical feral clown

>honk

pepperidge farm remembers

started off as viral marketing for IT

Shortly after branched out into teens and dumbasses propagating false shit

>2 dumbasses next town over arrested after calling the police multiple times reporting clowns in the white vans trying to abduct people
>4 teens in the same town arrested the next day for making fake FB accounts and posing as clowns threatening some of the schools there
>read today of at least 6 more teenagers at 2 other schools a few counties over arrested for the same bullshit

Im basically waiting for someone to take the shit to far and end up getting shot to shit

what's the going rate for a set of clown ears these days I'll catch one with doge

How ya gonna do that to my nigga Bozo like dat? He was gettin dat clown college n shiiet, gettin his learnin and those got damn creepy ass mimes be sayin he lure dey kids into the woodz.
#freebozo2016
#CreepyAssMimes
#ClownLivesMatter

DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL
DESTROY US ALL

>Clown College
Im surprised someone hasn't tracked one down yet and reported clown sightings to the police

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSKEl6a-b_c

I just had the biggest laugh I've had in a while over this.

I'm cracking, mentally.

>dumbasses make fake FB accounts thinking they can't be traced
>set up fake accounts as clowns and threaten people and schools
>cry when they get arrested for terroristic threats

elaborate

>tfw all these southern fags are being spooked by ebin clowns

Damn it feels good to be a city dweller, ain't no clowns around here, they'd be blown the fuck out by tyrone and his boys.

......now I want to see the reaction from someone driving through a black nieghborhood in a pickup truck and dressed as a clown.

screenshot of email or gtfo

see two posts below

> what is the 3rd post in the thread

why the fuck would it illegal to walk around dressed like a clown?

Its the Kali Yuga. Demons walk the earth

Nope. Has to be ten clowns in a Mini driving through the hood. With some creepy music box being blared through the speakers.

Clowns sometimes come to cities and other populated areas as well (like your picture proves) and it is always easier to shoot and should probably be done if the laws allow it, but it's not allowed to shoot clowns everywhere.

Oh shit they are back

Got the same email. Cred Forums meetup when? We can have a clown themed party.. [spoiler]Please respond.[/spoiler]

heh