So /pol tell me why 16 year olds shouldn't be allowed to vote

So /pol tell me why 16 year olds shouldn't be allowed to vote

>inb4 liberal cuck underagefag

Im doing a talk on ehy they shouldn't but I can't be bothered to do reasearch

because kids are fucking stupid

Because when I was 16, my views were not only stupid as fuck, but liberal as fuck (like the majority of young people), due to oversaturation of liberal media. By 18 I started questioning my views more. That's why fuckface.

Because most 16 years olds haven't made it through puberty and are unemployed. They typically don't pay taxes and are societal leaches.

A 16 year old is, by law, a minor. As minors are not allowed to drink or drive on their own, or marry, or own property, or serve in the army, why would they be allowed to decide, essentially, about all of these things?
A minor, by law, is not capable of taking care of himself. How could he possibly take care of a country?

Yea but how do I explain this to fucking stupid kids without them getting triggered

I barely think 18 year olds should vote. Why would I want kids to jesus christ.

Do your own homework you lazy shit.

Only land owners should be able to vote

Was hoping to find a way to explaining it to them without them getting triggered because then they essentally ignore everything but I guess thats liberals for you

Anything other than YOU'RE THE BEST EVER is going to trigger them though.

It's not that that shouldn't be allowed, it's that no one should willingly enslave themselves. Just look at every country, they all suck and it's because of their leaders.

Fair point, oh well these fuckers are goona get quite the wake up call tomorrow

at 16 many people are still brainwashed and have yet to form their own complex opinions due to lack of knowledge and experience.

Who cares, they can't vote.

Can they leagaly get credit in thier names? Like can they buy a house or a car? If a 16 year old couple had a kid could they take care of it with out the support of thier parents or government? If they were charged with a felony would they try to be charged as a youth or an adult?

Because they've been brainwashed, and the only reason the left wants them to be able to vote now is because they are losing power faster than expected.

I want to explain this but if I say something even close to the wording of this (even though its the truth) they will just dismiss me as a lunatic/ conspiricy theorist

Tl:dr im gonna have to explain to beaindead kids that they're braindead

The same reason women shouldn't be allowed to vote; they have no agency.

No one should be able to vote, democracy is just 51% oppressing 49% at best.

#1. They are stupid.
#2. They are opinionated for and against mass movements, never a deeper understanding
#3. Hormonal imbalances
#4. They wouldn't vote anyway

They aren't allowed to drink or even fuck in most states at that age user. They're fully infantalized. You can say that's not their fault - I'd even agree - but infantalized dependents are the last people that should be allowed to vote.

In some states you can be an emancipated minor, and I'm all for expanding that, to more states and more full citizenship, but aside from the exception who is actually supporting himself, no, the last thing we need is more people that don't work voting.

This and their parents would probably force them to vote the way they want them to vote. Might not happen, but the opinion is still there.

Also they are in highschool and people would directly target them for voting blocks through academia, pretty much adults exploiting the kids for votes.

Just say they don't have enough knowledge or experience to make worldly decisions.

Yea this is probably my best option

You shouldn't be allowed to vote until you're 25.
Men's brains aren't fully developed until then.
Women can vote at 18 still.

Watch the movie 'wild in the streets' released 1968
hippies make sure teens can vote in the US it doesn't go well

I meet 25 year olds that still act like they just entered highschool.

The reason for the age is people were supposed to be adults by 18 and able to think on their own. Stuff has obviously changed since then.

Heck, I think it needs to be raised to an older age since you can be a child a lot longer now.

They simply dont have enough life experience to make an educated choice. At 16 youre still in high school for Christ's sake

>Women's brains are ever fully developed

Try redpilling them, so they see they're retarded

>Why 16 year olds shouldn't be allowed to vote?
Lack of experience and only a superficial understanding of the world at best.

Most younger people are liberal because democrats offer feel-good solutions which sound good on paper (that is, superficially), but are not effective in reality.

People generally grow more conservative with age. This isn't because boomers are more conservative. They made up the hippie generation. It is because they have had more experience. Being married and having children (more responsibility) also has a huge effect on people's priorities, so that they tend to fall more in line with conservative thought.

An example to illustrate this is some poll numbers I saw recently that shows something ridiculous like 70% of single women supporting Hillary Clinton, while only 35% of married women support her.

In my opinion the voting age should be raised to 25 or 30. People are living longer anyway.
I know this thread was prompted by a comment by Jill Stein. It is obvious why she would want it: younger people would vote for her because they don't understand the negative impacts of the policies she proposes.

Thanks user will use this

So the boomers, those who are that rich they already use all their influence to stop you from owning land and foreign Chinese venture capitalists?

You're a fucking idiot mate.

Glad I could help mate.

It's Britain. They can't get any stupider, so why not?

Your fundamental issue is more

>Why should anyone receive a right to vote?

The problem with this is that land is a finite quantity. Chinks are already buying up tons of shit in the US.
Something better would be people who pay taxes. Or pay them above a certain threshold.
Anyone collecting welfare can fuck off.

Honestly the voting age needs to be raised to 25. People are still retarded kids with no real understanding of the world and politics at 18. We should also require a basic knowledge of history, economics, and government test before being allowed to vote as well.

This is too true, this entire country is so cucked by the left and there bullshit, gonna move to murica as soon as i can

I disagree, you're not voting for actual legislation, but for representatives. This would be like arguing that you should have knowledge of medicine to hire a doctor.

Women's brains stop maturing at 18, but that's just because they don't ever reach the same level of maturity as a man.

You can have my spot, I'm planning on getting out... but certainly not to Britain.

>Women can vote at 18 still.
>Men's brains aren't fully developed until then.

Women and men are both immature as fuck at that age. This is a stupid meme perpetuated by lesbian feminists.

Kids may be stupid but if you're old enough to pay tax then you're old enough to vote.

A 5 year old could pay for a toy with money and be subject to a tax.

Should 5 year olds vote?

Female brains never mature, that's why they are FEMALE BRAINS not MALE BRAINS

I'm 18 you fucking assholes stop calling me immature!

>We should also require a basic knowledge of history, economics, and government test before being allowed to vote as well.

There's already too many 16 year olds on this board. It would just double if they could actually vote

You're immature. And a fucking leaf.

YOU'RE FUCKING IMMATURE AND SOME FUCKING STARS AND STRIPES BITCH!!!

Nobody under 25 should be allowed to vote, and even then the only voters should be white males.

Wait.

Why cant he press both of those buttons.

The meme is about mutually exclusive options. Those are mutually exclusive.

How could there be 16 year olds on this board if it's a. redpilled (16 years olds are stupid libcucks) and b. the site is 18+

Use your head

No. Sales tax vs. income tax.

Bad idea. I think most pol users wouldn't pass the test then, only good goys.

In the Canadian election, people I knew that had just turned 18 were posting on Facebook asking who to vote for.

Obvious virtual signalling, so most if not all, voted liberal. The problem would only be made worse letting retard highschoolers with no life experience vote. Raise the voting age of anything.

Shouldn't the 5 year old's allowance be subject to income tax?

They like to be edgy and use the word "nigger."

Do you know how fucking hard it is to be a teen?

>no life experience

GTFO, teens have sex and do FUCKING DRUGS you MORON!

Using niggers and being edgy are oxymorons, only libtards can be edgy because they try to be cool

Having sex and doing drugs all day instead of having a job and raising a family is exactly why 16 year olds shouldnt be allowed to vote

Yes, I know you fucker. I'm 19.

Retard.

>So /pol tell me why 16 year olds shouldn't be allowed to vote
Because the only people who should be allowed to vote are property and business owners.

Find scientific evidence about how the human brain isn't finished developing until whenever (somewhere in the 20's I believe). And how puberty isn't finished so they are still mentally and emotionally developed. Boom there's a simple, science based point. Even the most bluepilled shill can't deny that

Also, if I was allowed to vote at 16, I wouldve voted for John Kerry simply because he had (D) next to his name.

I was pretending to be retaded

Clearly I'm referring to income tax so you can halt construction on that strawman you're building.

When you're 16 you don't give a shit about politics and go for whats the flavor of the month. That almost always being liberal media. Its a trick to take advantage of their immaturity like they take advantage of immagrants. All the further their agenda.

In my uni I have to live with retards on a similar level so correcting it has become second nature

>So /pol tell me why 16 year olds shouldn't be allowed to vote
Vote must be a citizen obligation, not an universal right.
Even more, we need strong regulations to decide who can vote and who not, because there are retarded people, retarded like a 16 years old.
If you must past tests for driver license, for work, for gun permits, and so on...Why there is no Test to gain vote license?

A tax is a tax.

Obamacare is a tax.

Only people who pay more than they get out of the system may vote. Or you always vote for more gibs.

Not completely true. Some kids get emancipated at the age of 16. I agree with you, though.

I don't know why Liberals think it's a good idea. They'll vote for Trump because he's the edgiest candidate out of the two, and that creepy libertarian.

It almost doesn't matter since most 18 year olds don't vote even though they have the ability to. In truth the age should probably be 30. OR only if you pay taxes. I actually prefer the latter. Though obviously Leftist would never let it happen as they would never win another election.

It's worthless to try an explain to kids why they shouldn't be doing certain stuff. The thing is you need the experience of growing old to realize it.

They don't have that so they can't understand it.

Most of us had retarded views when we we're 16 and couldn't understand stuff at a fundamental level cause lack of experience.

This is why a strong father figure is so important.

That's a good point, too many lobbies and interested groups of population vote en masse due to their spurious interests.
That promote corruption and gibmedats states.

Women are never mature, mentally. They're fucking retarded.

t., any guy who's dated girls

If anything the voting age should be increased.

>In truth the age should probably be 30. OR only if you pay taxes. I actually prefer the latter.

The only way to save this nation is to restrict voting rights to taxpayers or those who have served in the military. No democracy will ever survive unless it has some method of restricting voting rights because if it doesn't, it eventually falls to the point we're nearly at: when a majority of the population is on welfare and will only vote for the people who promise to keep giving it to them.