Last month was the hottest August ever recorded and 16th straight month of unsurpassed heat

washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2016/09/20/earth-posts-hottest-august-on-record-and-16th-straight-month-of-unsurpassed-heat/

>Record-breaking heat has never persisted on the planet for so long.

>Not only did Earth witness its hottest August on record, according to NOAA, but it also extended its streak of record-warm months to 16. Such a lengthy period of record-setting warmth is unprecedented in 137 years of temperature observation, NOAA said.

>August’s average temperature was 1.66 degrees above the 20th century average, 0.09 degrees above the previous warmest August — set just one year ago.

>Unusually warm conditions covered most of the globe. “Five of the six continents had at least a top ten warm August, with Africa and Asia observing a record high average temperature for August since continental records began in 1910,” NOAA reported.

Other urls found in this thread:

realclimatescience.com/2016/09/noaa-sets-an-all-time-fraud-record-in-august/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If it's hot outside, just go inside and turn on the air conditioning. What's the big problem?

It's just a hoax guys. It's the Chinese, they're faking the numbers to move manufacturing jobs out of the US. Climate change isn't real.

>it's either this guy or Hillary "Delete it, all of it" Clinton

I don't know if I can handle these next four years. I just don't know.

Did the arctic ice cap melt away completely?

Because it did in August 2003

It was pretty meh around here. We had a proper lightning storm for the first time so it was certainly different than usual though.

The UK had it's hottest day since 1918. And that very same day City's Champions League match was called off because of torrential rain. Shits fucked up yo.

>What are solar cycles

The sun doesn't give out the same amount of energy always. According to solar scientists it has cycles lasting different amounts of time.
Remember in the 70's when they talked about global cooling?
I read somewhere that according to the leading solar researchers, the sun will go into a cooling period again around the the beginning of the 2030's.

Good, I hope it get worse. Literally, fuck this gay earth

How many (i) data in that set?

>>Record-breaking heat has never persisted on the planet for so long.
>137 years of temperature observation

So... (((climate scientists))) are basically even bigger dipshits than young earth creationists?

The rain was awesome. Lightning sparking in the clouds every few moments and then the rain hit dumping weeks of rain in a few minutes before it drifted away with the lightning still sparking in the clouds.
Usually rain and such hits a whole area rather than a clear moving area like that.

Lol this. Meteorology-deniers confirmed for young earthers

The AC just got 3 degrees colder.

>2030s
They will probably say that thanks to human efforts the planet is cooling. Seems they change with whatever the higher ups tell them to fit the agenda. Then another cycle of temperature begins

Heat drives the weather engine- it's the fuel source of typhoons and hurricanes, but also smaller weather systems as well. So yeah, it's enough to even power larger winter storms, torrential rains and flooding, etc. Heat isn't just dry and sunny.

Yeah but it never happened in this part of the world, not in my lifetime anyway.

We have always had moderate summers and moderate winters. Now we are starting to get the extremes.

Didn't we have like no important hurricane this year?

The weather's been fucking whack the past few months here near London. Early May was hotter than it ever should be, just last week was hotter than it ever should be in September, July was dull as fuck. I'm surprised the only really noteworthy downpour happened in June, it was literally on the day of the Brexit and it actually flooded here, which never happens, it felt like God was punishing us. Normally storms and flooding happens more to the north.

When we get heavy snow that happens more to the north too, it's weird to see it on the news like the world is ending but look out the window and everything's fine.

I can't remember where I read it, but isn't there a theory that despite global warming, the temperatures are due to very suddenly drop in 15 years or so? Is it to do with how we're entering the solar minimum?

>Entropy says as time goes on all systems lose energy, i.e. shit gets colder
>Earth is getting hotter as time goes on
Checkmate conservation of energy fags

The sun is still fusing hydrogen you dumb fuck

Considering the Earth is a planetoid and therefore a candidate for stellar evolution it isn't surprising that the Earth is heating up after we rigged the place to gather mass at a more efficient rate.
Conservation of energy only applies when we aren't leeching solar remnants and other matter drawn in by the sun's gravity well.

What the fuck are you idiots talking about? Earth is 318 times less massive than Jupiter, and for a Jupiter sized object to even consider being a brown dwarf (a failed star) it would need to be at least 13 times more massive.

The earth is not a candidate for stellar evolution.

The huronian ice age was 300 million years of record-cold temperatures. It means nothing mate

>coming out of an ice age
>earth is heating up
>OH GOD WERE ALL GONNA DIE REEEE

It's probably news to people that climatology is an earth science and needs to be studied along a geological time scale.

>coming out of an ice age
>earth isn't even heating up that much
>It's so slow they have to invent new data to make it go "faster"
>OH GOD WERE ALL GONNA DIE REEEE

Every planetoid is a candidate for stellar evolution. Just because it's literally nowhere near it at the moment doesn't mean it isn't currently undergoing the process.
At the rate of less than 1 degree a year how many years would it take to become a star assuming it could keep up the current rate? Protip: a lot.

Whether humans can survive the tiny almost insignificant changes is another matter.

Not where I live.

I love how there is no data for the poles, considering the record cold in Antarctica.

>it's hot outside climate change is real
>it's cold outside climate change ain't real

i hope a meteor smashes into yellowstone least all the jews will die too

Hotter areas are more temperate, dumbass. Differences in temperature create weather, not just plain hottness. If everything gets hotter, weather becomes more temperate

>oy vey its hot outside
>rev up that "data" and start immediate taxation and banning of items

This summer was the coolest in years where I live. Everyone says so. Do you ever get any of your information from the real world, or regurgitate everything you read?

good maybe northern yankee scum will stay the fuck out of dixie

what city?

Hm... not much change here

>City
Found your problem fuckboy, there's a reason cities are hot and climate change isn't the beginning of them.

>Germany going red

Trumpfags dream on

as if anyone would just go on the MSM and lie

how much hotter is it that the hottest year on record?

>implying the earth is a closed system
nice high school education you got there

North American bread basket is looking good. That geoengineering program is working nicely.

>137 years of temperature observation
kekked and chekked

So you're saying around every hundred years it gets really hot? Oh so scary.

nice

>temperature goes up a fraction of a degree in 116 years

>BUY OUR CARBON OFFSETS

Our climate needs to be measured in thousands of years, not since records began just over 100 years ago.

The climate heats and cools far greater than our records show. It has been warmer.

The impact of humans on these changes is negligible in my opinion.

where i live is listed as "much warmer than average" and this was easily the mildest summer we've had in years, it was so mild i didn't even bother setting up my AC

You: ZOMG YOUR LOCAL AMBIENT TEMPERATURE IS GOING TO RISE 0.5 DEGREES CELSIUS OVER THE NEXT DECADE!!! PAY ATTENTION!!!

Me. Thanks! Hey, by the way, it's possible your future ambient temperature is going to go up 2300 degrees Celsius in a lake of fire.

You: No it won't. So what?

>Our climate needs to be measured

You realize they just take readings off of simulations now, yes? They don't actually measure anything in real life?

The models are realistic, more accurate in the past. A rise in CO2 does leader to higher temperatures but I'm not sure we know if 'becoming clean' will fix our fuck ups. Maybe if China and India disappeared and we switched to non-emoting energies we'd be ok, but shits gonna get worse.

> It's hot in the summer
> "T-This is the product of global warming"
> Says increasingly nervous cuck for 3 gorillianth time this year.

Lol. I don't think climate change isn't real, it's just not a problem that anyone needs to worry about. The ice caps aren't going to melt, there isn't going to be massive starvation, it's not going to end the world.

>Blame America

>America is the only country that accurately reflects its emissions

>Lets just blame it because its numbers are real and India and China don't put out their real numbers

realclimatescience.com/2016/09/noaa-sets-an-all-time-fraud-record-in-august/

>Africa, South America, China are the most effected
All according to plan

>shits gonna get worse

I don't really adhere to the catastrophic predictions. For one thing the earth was evidently entirely hospitable to life with 3k+ ppm CO2, and if anything may have been greener than now. Secondly rapid temperature changes are not unusual, the planet has rapidly entered and left glacial maximums. Also major volcanic eruptions have previously altered the earths climate noticeably almost instantaneously. The sea level rise we are seeing currently is in no way unusual. We have historic coastlines (a couple of hundred thousands years old) that are 10m+ above present, we also have observations of historic coastlines 120m below current sea level.

Sure climate change will alter the worlds rainfall patterns, we may see more intense storms and maybe we will accelerate species loss. But I outright reject that the planet will become inhospitable.

>The models are realistic

realistic models wouldn't proved wrong by observations, would they?

good post, good site