"The ghostly presence of virtual particles defies rational common sense and is non-intuitive for those unacquainted...

"The ghostly presence of virtual particles defies rational common sense and is non-intuitive for those unacquainted with physics. Religious belief in God, and Christian belief ... may seem strange to common-sense thinking. But when the most elementary physical things behave in this way, we should be prepared to accept that the deepest aspects of our existence go beyond our common-sense understanding."

t. Antony Hewish radio Astronomer and nobel prize (in physics) winner

Faith is easy, and everyone has faith in things they don't have real knowledge of.

You trust what other people say or have said about innumerable subjects without ever having confirmed them as being true for yourself. Faith in God is absolutely no different.

Wtf I believe in ghosts now

except i can look up the existence of the higgs boson and validate it with evidence

can't do that for GAWD though

>trusting anyone ever

>and validate it with evidence
Really? Have you done so to confirm such is the case?

>Hewish
>nobel prize

study any good dirt today facecum?

wtf im a #blairwitchbitch now

yes

you could of got 6 6s

Begone Satan.

>The ghostly presence of virtual particles

Straw man, but also the presence of virtual particles is the same weak argument fedoras like (((Lawrence Krauss))) use to explain how something can come from nothing, so which is it?

what were you gonna post? "hey did you do the research yourself or are you gonna trust some (((scientists))) with it?"

>You trust what other people say or have said about innumerable subjects without ever having confirmed them as being true for yourself
>i can look up the existence of the higgs boson and validate it with evidence
>Have you done so to confirm such is the case?
>yes

There's no reason to call quantum fields "nothing" so Krauss strikes me as dishonest when he twists the meaning of words just to support atheism.

Then again, this whole discussion has actually very little to do with God and more with journalistic sensationalism.

>not having faith in his answer

>yes

Well, I can't prove he's lying, so surely he must be telling the truth, as my faith tells me.

Not an argument

Literally

>Things we don't fully understand yet in physics mean you should eat fish on friday
Ok pal.

strawman

You can put your faith in him all you'd like senpai.

Fish is good for your gains though.

That's how easy faith is.

Yes, it's very easy.