SHTF

washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2016/09/20/scientists-may-have-just-solved-a-riddle-about-antarctica-and-youre-not-going-to-like-the-answer/?utm_term=.81d1e8ba4453

"The new study suggests otherwise. In the Pliocene — and especially the mid-Pliocene warm period, when atmospheric carbon dioxide was at about the level where it is now, 400 parts per million, but global temperatures were 1 or 2 degrees Celsius warmer than at present — the model not only collapses the entirety of West Antarctica (driving some 10 feet of global sea-level rise) but also shows the oceans eating substantially into key parts of East Antarctica. In particular, the multi-kilometer thick ice that currently fills the extremely deep Aurora and Wilkes basins of the eastern ice sheet retreats inland for hundreds of miles — which would have driven global seas to a much higher level than a West Antarctic collapse alone."

>when atmospheric carbon dioxide was at about the level where it is now, 400 parts per million, but global temperatures were 1 or 2 degrees Celsius warmer than at present

Why the discrepancy?

>Global Dimming
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_dimming

bbc.co.uk/sn/tvradio/programmes/horizon/dimming_prog_summary.shtml
>9/11 happens
>air traffic in the northern hemisphere is grounded
>contrails dissipate from the atmosphere
>3 days later, 1c increase in global average temperature

Because of the sulfates and particulates that we release, along with all the CO2, we block out 20-30% of the suns energy by the reflection off of particulates. This is one of the reasons why 400ppm in current atmospheric CO2 is not congruent with the past 400ppm CO2 (and all the problems assosciated with it) that we can see in core samples. We just haven't been receiving all of the suns total energy output. Once we have a major collapse, or some form of economic depression/recession large enough to stifle large industry, we're fucked.

Other urls found in this thread:

pnas.org/content/111/32/11636
bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-37217679
nytimes.com/2016/09/08/science/global-warming-louisiana-flooding.html
latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-north-korea-flooding-20160915-snap-story.html
baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/08/22/damage-estimate-near-22-4m-after-flooding-in-historic-ellicott-city/
pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sun/dimm-nf.html
youtube.com/watch?v=s2b06qtqpp4
tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends_station.shtml?stnid=8720030
sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160826101522.htm
weather.com/science/environment/news/mount-pinatubo-philippines-sea-level-rise-eruption-volcano-sulphur-dioxide
cnn.com/2016/09/12/asia/typhoon-meranti-weather/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_most_intense_tropical_cyclones
pubs.usgs.gov/pinatubo/self/
bitsofscience.org/do-the-math-climate-sensitivity-logarithmic-1-5-degrees-400-ppm-7237/
hockeyschtick.blogspot.nl/
youtube.com/watch?v=Uif1NwcUgMU
collisiondetection.net/mt/archives/2006/04/study_using_big.php
grapevine.com.au/~pbierwirth/co2toxicity.pdf
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding
earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Aerosols/page3.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_engineering
technologyreview.com/s/540706/researcher-demonstrates-how-to-suck-carbon-from-the-air-make-stuff-from-it/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Let's see if this turns out to be in ANY way to be true. I'll bet my life it won't turn out this way.

t. Guy McPherson

The muslims destroying western civilization will probably slow down those co2 emissions

>our temperature predictions at 400ppm were wrong
>make up an excuse for why our wrong predictions were actually right

and deeper down the rabbit hole we go...

>we block out 20-30% of the suns energy by the reflection off of particulates
That seems way too high desu. Jet fuel burns pretty clean.

The 9/11 example was just a small fraction of what our total output is. It just had a very immediate effect considering how high up those particulates are in the atmosphere.

Coal production produces sulfates. Gasoline vehicles pump out hydrocarbon derived particulates, container ships, whatever the industry may be, if it's producing CO2, it's also producing particulates (more or less).

>1970s
I promise you, venice will be gone in ten years, sea levels
>1980s
Cities such as london, new york and the entire of the netherlands could be flooded severely
>1990s
We're going to heat by as much as 4 degrees in the next decade! All the polar ice caps will be gone!
>2000s
Venice bla bla sea levels bla bla
>2010s
It's called climate change now btw and its totally real
>2016
Everythings the fucking same but I promise you antarctica is going to fall into the sea and everyone will drown k? Didnt you fucking see day after tomorrow you racist fucking drumpf supporters

>What is moistening of the upper tropopshere?

pnas.org/content/111/32/11636

>What are rain bombs?

>India
bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-37217679

>Lousiana
nytimes.com/2016/09/08/science/global-warming-louisiana-flooding.html

>NK
latimes.com/world/asia/la-fg-north-korea-flooding-20160915-snap-story.html

>Maryland
baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/08/22/damage-estimate-near-22-4m-after-flooding-in-historic-ellicott-city/

Senpai, do you know what exponential growth is?

Incoming: American Cred Forums at their most retarded. Oil company shills, midwesterners, "muh chart"ists, the generally uneducated climate change deniers.

So embarrassing.

Why do silly Americans deny global warming?

No one has, yet. At least, not in this thread. The only one to deny anything has been , who is from the UK.

I can buy container ships and coal stations desu, but aircraft just don't seem plausible.

>despite just now proving we have no idea what we are talking about, we are sure THIS will happen
In a few hundred years, people will talk about 'climate change' science the way we talk about alchemy now.

That iceberg in antarctica is melting so were all going to die

We can just build a giant sunshade at the L1 point or something if shit gets really bad.

pbs.org/wgbh/nova/sun/dimm-nf.html

This is just EU flight traffic:
youtube.com/watch?v=s2b06qtqpp4

> do you know what exponential growth is?

their new meme

I mean really, 12 years without a Category 5 hurricane in the Atlantic

Yet here I am to believe that cherrypicked climatic events represent the entire climate

>exponential growth

sorry to disapoint you, sealevels have been raising linear for the last 120 years, with something like 2-2,5mm/year

tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/sltrends/sltrends_station.shtml?stnid=8720030

It's just social and political signaling. Most of the Americans in the middle of America are basically white niggers, they didn't go to college, or went so shitty midwestern farm schools.

They all work in jobs that are in or adjacent to the petrochemical industry and refuse to think that using oil to grown corn could ever be bad. Instead, they know that they hate liberals, and liberals talk about climate change, so they hate climate change.

At the end of the day, they simply don't give a shit. Because they're stupid.

it is like we are in an interglacial period or something shit... really made me think

Masked by Pinatubo in 1991. Try harder.

sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/08/160826101522.htm

follow-up

weather.com/science/environment/news/mount-pinatubo-philippines-sea-level-rise-eruption-volcano-sulphur-dioxide

Global dimming can have beneficial side-effects. Temporarily, anyway.

The true redpill is that big corporations have been behind some of the worst events to unfold in our lifetime

Big corporations pushed for (((free trade))) and removing protectionist economic policies, causing millions of Americans to be offshored and displaced by H1B workers

Big corporations have cut costs to the point where every product, from milk to shampoo, is shot with xenoestrogens, causing the estrogen levels to rise in young Americans. Bring on the girls with oversized tits and beta nu males with low testosterone and high estrogen levels

Big corporations caused the financial collapse by gambling with the retirement accounts of ordinary Americans

Big corporations are pumping shit into the atmosphere and bringing on the environmental equivalent of the Great Recession in the sense that people want to deny it's happening while complete disregard of safe long-term practices is potentially going to kill us

They've been behind all of it, and yet shills keep sliding these threads as if the corporations are good boys who dindu nuffin

What the fuck is this? Who's paying you people?

where are my cat 5 hurricanes m8? 12 years without them

I want my Super-Katrinas (TM)* as foretold by prophet Al Gore and his team of scientists

* Super-Katrina is Copyrighted by Le Inconvenient Truth, all rights reserved

>>when atmospheric carbon dioxide was at about the level where it is now, 400 parts per million, but global temperatures were 1 or 2 degrees Celsius warmer than at present

>Why the discrepancy?

If we left the CO2 levels at 400 ppm then the Earth would keep absorbing more heat until it reached something like 1-2 C higher.

Using absolute units, A temperature anomaly of 1 Kelvin (the reported anomaly is still less than that) corresponds to a thermal energy increase of roughly 1/3rd of a percent. (aka statistically negligible).

The earth's mean surface temperatures are and continue to be extremely stable. The only statistically significant changes are going in and out of glacial periods.

Believing anything else makes you a fucking retard. In fact. It's not believing.
This is the science. This is the math. This is the reality. Believe whatever the fuck you want, but any time that your belief deviates from empirically verifiable facts you should kill yourself because you are retarded.

Science is not democracy. If 99% of scientists on earth are fucking retards that are taken by tiny little Jew studies that can't produce a precise mathematical prediction, then 99% of people who call themselves scientists should kill themselves.

cnn.com/2016/09/12/asia/typhoon-meranti-weather/

Meranti hit 300km/hr windspeeds. Atlantic hurricanes are usually stronger. We have time still, hurricane season isn't over.

to be fair the netherlands came super close until they got their shit together and made some based infrastructure to protect themselves

What reputable people said these things?

>Bring on the girls with oversized tits
I'll take ten

Maybe we should start up some nuclear reactors then.

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DUMB GOY JUST GIVE US MONEY SO YOU CAN BUY CARBON CREDITS!

>(aka statistically negligible)
Kys, climate change denier.

>>contrails dissipate from the atmosphere
days later, 1c increase in global average temperature

So if another 9/11 happens my entire state, florida, could go under water?

>Bring on the girls with oversized tits

Literally where? D is not oversized

but yes, we are all fucked

>2007-2016
>12 years

... K ...

Pretty much this.

Every 3 months some team of doe-eyed students at some backwater university come up with an idea that could basically solve "climate change" for an investment that would work out to a couple billion dollars per G20 country.

And yet action is never taken on any of this. Instead billions of dollars are spent on studies that have predicted a hundred doomsdays that are long overdue and taxation is deemed the optimal solution.

If this doesn't come across to anybody as suspicious, then you are Jewed so fucking hard nobody can save your stupid ass.

> Atlantic hurricanes are usually stronger.

literally wat?

You know nothing about Climate... do you?

>D is not oversized
lol

Thermal expansion of water takes a lot longer than 3 days to propagate. Eventually, though, yeah. If we have a massive industrial downturn, we'll start seeing more solar output from the sun. No albedo to relfect sunlight, sunlight hits us, warms us more, higher average temperature.

fugg xD

9 years that is

Not an argument.

Climate change BTFO by empirical science. But what do you expect; none of the empirical sciences are entry requirements for any climate science programs. It's all faggy social justice bullshit that laymen have been tricked into believing are actual hard science like physics when it is in fact not.

It's a bunch of faggy SJWs sitting around crunching statistics without even the most rudimentary understanding of the underlying empirical processes behind those spastics.

> washingtonpost

I'll bet my life it won't turn out this way by actually living in Florida.

admittedly I'll probably purchase a military grade raft of some sort, but this global warming scheme to lower land prices in Florida is not going to get me out.

I should have posted this with a conspiracy warning.

I really don't see what can be done. Short of a major collapse, corporate power can't be dislodged. It's too inextricably woven with politics, banking, warmongering.

The only solution would be small groups with insane leverage. Rogue IT guys at the major banks? Internal uprising at the NSA?

Who else could conceivably have any chance of defeating Goliath? The larger a political movement, the more diluted and easy to co-opt.

There have also been two larger periods of time without one since the 1920s, but, I assume you knew that too ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_most_intense_tropical_cyclones

In Pascals, yes. Atlantic hurricanes have more potential energy.

It isn't

when you use the word "oversized" that does not equal a D

the word you are looking for is big

but to different people they personally would say big starts at DD and above

Based leaf.

I'm glad I live 1000 miles from the ocean.

The contrail thing is a complete lie. Evidence was inconclusive either way

>isn't an environmental scientist
>thinks he knows environmental science

Being a NEET that doesn't drive, travel, uses rain water to drink, and eats chicken eggs for 1/2 my meals a day (my chickens)

I can at least say, I dindu nothin

Wew, time to buy some Super Male Vitality and Survival Shield X2

Canada man gets this. im not saying that some of the climate change fags goals aren't admirable, but to suggest that humans in 100 years fuck up million year cycles so bad it's the end of the world is very pretentious.

It's true, this really is an uphill battle. But just like with radical Islam, the first step is naming the problem directly.

Reinstantiation of protectionist economic policies would go a long way to solving this mess. Punishing corporations for offshoring workers and moving factories out of the country by levying high import taxes. Enforcing stricter environmental standards on a global scale, even if it means strong-arming countries like China. We need to get tough.

I don't think Trump will solve the problem, but Trump as a symbol sends a message. Libertarianism is what got us into this mess and nationalism is what's going to get us out of it.

Pro-tip: rising CO2 actually causes global cooling

For the intuitive fags, just look at the historical charts where CO2 increases lag temp increases. Weird, huh? Or, consult pic related: the unadjusted temperature data showing a cooling trend (which is actually quite strong, because it is overriding the heat island effect).

The mechanism isn't hard to grasp. The regime's lie is based on radiative conduction moving heat through layers of the atmosphere. However, 99% of heat is transferred from the lower atmosphere to the upper atmosphere by convection and then radiated out.

What happens in this scenario when you increase CO2?

At ground level, nothing. Water dominates the absorption spectrum here. Higher up, water doesn't exist but CO2 does. Now, the heat gets a free pass across the new mid-elevation CO2 "mirror" via convection, which gives no fucks about radiation absorption.

So we have heat in the upper atmosphere that can't go back down (is blocked by new CO2, plus clouds) which means that the surface of the atmosphere to space (radiating surface) is going to be at a hotter temperature > more energy is lost to space > global cooling.

Everyone that claims to have not figured this out is a literal retard, or lying to you.

It's not a scientifically valid comparison because the instruments used for measuring the winds has changed so radically throughout the years.

It was discovered in the 2005 Hurricane season with vastly increased radar resolution that more intense 'micro-regions' exist within the hurricanes. Without the ability to measure the intensity of these micro-regions in the past you really can't say.

But experimental reproduction means experimental reproduction. Not experimental immitation.

If you aren't using identical equipment that is identically calibrated you can't make a valid comparison.

A. I want it to happen because some of the shit in California is gone.

B I don't want it to happen since it will displace 1billion Californians.

the biggest retardism of them actually is they modify the data to fit their models and not the other way round.
They want a result and "adjust/weight/homogenize/normalize" etc. historical data to get the desired results out of their models.

Except sea levels haven't moved in the last 20 years.

Explain that.

Unfortunately, corporations grow our food, build our cars, and televisions, etc. Part of the cost of making this stuff is that there will be some pollution. When the government starts growing the food, and building the houses, and the cars...let's see them do it without pollution. I am 100% behind corporations. Government doesn't pollute...because it doesn't make anything. Pollution is pretty much defined as byproducts and waste of the manufacturing and agricultural processes. There is always some kind of give and take. Only useless morons who spend their lives producing nothing, and leeching off of productive people think the way you do. I look forward to shooting a lot of people like you on rope day.

Complete bullshit. They're scientists and you are a leaf.

Netherlands has been below sea level for hundreds of years because they've been building dykes for hundreds of years.

Your argument is nonsensical.

>eating eggs
Gonna have to replace that with some farm raised cricket paste if you really want the UN's blessing.

>we're fucked.
How? Hotter weather is not a bad thing. you're just one of those 'everything must be exactly the same forever' cucks.

go clone some extinct species, nigger

Wouldn't evaporation of water balance out the melting ice? The more water vapor you have, the more water is contained in the atmosphere, rather than the sea. I am certain that climate "scientists" never factor this in.

CO2 is a zero sum game.

CO2 goes up when the temperature goes up because A. you get more life, and B. the wildfire season is longer.

But "greenhouse gases" only absorb photons with extremely specific temperatures. Like extremely specific. Because the "Greenhouse" molecules are essentially physically attenuated to specific wavelengths of photon.

Just like how if your radio is set to 600khz it's not going to absorb a broadcast that is 920khz. Because the radio tuner changes it's shape to be physically attenuated so that it can interact with the photons from the radio tower.

Greenhouse effect is bogus.

And also those very same wavelengths of light are bundled in with the rest of the light coming down from the sun. So it's a zero sum game.

>The more water vapor you have, the more water is contained in the atmosphere, rather than the sea.

Not a good thing.

It's pollution. It makes your children sick, your air give you cancer and your water unbreathable.

What the fuck is wrong with you people? Do you want to be China? Because this is how you become China.

We're all fucked

hey man, at least the climate change faggots figured out how to get money from nothing. forget gold, just whine about polar bears and poof, instant cash

>"It's okay to offshore Americans because I want cheap shit for myself"
>"There haven't been any improvements whatsoever in emissions from factories since the Industrial Revolution"
>"You're an idiot if you don't submit to my elementary interpretation of a subject more complex than I'm capable of putting into thoughts"

>"I look forward to shooting a lot of people like you on rope day"

Likewise, user. See you in the killing fields

Holy shit, you're dangerously stupid.

don't believe that at all. are they saying the sea level was the same during the Pliocene? I think they are looking at things that aren't there based on bad premises about geology.

>measuring 35mm from a cica 1993 satellite
>volcano reversed GW
booshit

>Chemtrails were keeping us safe all along
>The kikes have had us on life support this whole time

>are they saying the sea level was the same during the Pliocene?
If you read the article, they say it was at least ~10ft higher.

Not an argument. Sounds more like a serious episode of cognitive dissonance.

They actually do factor in, but in the opposite direction. Water vapor is considered a positive feedback mechanism (further accelerating warming) in all the major models.

Now, we know this isn't true. How? Over the last billion years, the sun's intensity has increased markedly (15%) while the Earth's temperatures have been relatively stable. The only major greenhouse effect over this timespan is water vapor, so you can conclude it has a strongly negative feedback in order to maintain a stable Earth.

All of the global warming mythos is easily debunked by only the vaguest scientific competency.

Do you happen to live near Philadelphia? Give me your address, let's get it started.

pubs.usgs.gov/pinatubo/self/

You can challenge the US geological survey, I guess.

You sound like pedo apologist telling someone normal to kill themselves.

Except that's a linearized trend on a clearly exponential growth. It's clearly flatter on the left and steeper on the right.

Ever hear of the carbon cycle, you fucking dipshit? It's 7th grade science.

The problem isn't carbon from fucking plants and wildfires, it's from buried oil and coal that previously wasn't part of the carbon cycle being added to it.

You fucking idiot. Stop posting and kill yourself before you accidentally breed you fucking redneck leaf.

Pennsylvania, huh? Makes sense, I thought I smelled shit

Sadly severe cognitive dissonance is a problem with people of normal and lower IQ.

I.e. you can't red pill plebs with a sudden injection of evidence. Their brain will not allow them to process the evidence. It will actually trigger their emotions.

They will become angry and unable to even ponder the evidence.

It's really quite pathetic. It really makes you support eugenics.

You've missed the point entirely.

Radiative effects with respect to CO2 are irrelevant in the lower atmosphere because the absorption spectrum is covered by water vapor and heat transfer is dominated by convection, not conduction.

You are arguing on the terms of the climate mythos, which are not even physically relevant.

>statistically negligible
Not really, the most the Earth's temperature has diverged from long-term averages was what, 4 or 5 degrees during a fucking ice age? And those changes happened extremely gradually, over tens of thousands of years. A 1 degree change over the course of less than two centuries can't be called anything other than anomalous.

Even seemingly small changes in temperature can be significant when our ecosystems are highly sensitive to such changes, especially if they happen quickly.

>This is the science. This is the math. This is the reality. Believe whatever the fuck you want, but any time that your belief deviates from empirically verifiable facts you should kill yourself because you are retarded.
Yeah, fuck those NASA scientists, they don't know anything about REAL HARD SCIENCE like this random user here. The only scientists that can be trusted are the tiny minority that agree with user's poorly-backed fringe opinions.

Says the guy who doesn't understand the carbon cycle.

You've already proven you're a fucking idiot, get out of the thread and drink bleach.

You're a serious fucking embarrassment to your nation. I'm not kidding. Just stop.

>it's from buried oil and coal that previously wasn't part of the carbon cycle being added to it.
a-user... do you know what oil and coal is?

But you completely ignored the fact that the absorption is extremely narrow band. You are literally retarded now. Kill yourself.

Last link.

bitsofscience.org/do-the-math-climate-sensitivity-logarithmic-1-5-degrees-400-ppm-7237/

Good luck.

cant deal, fuck this i'm checking out guys

>I'm a fucking retard with no argument.

Actually, no. The Vostok temperature reconstruction would suggest temperature swings of as much as 9 degrees during the glacial periods.
>even small changes

No, fuck you.

The argument isn't "hurrdurr small changes"

It's "hurrdurr big catastrophy, stronger storms, more storms, etc"

So show me what 0.33% more storms look like.

How powerful is a 0.33% more powerful hurricane?

What does 0.33% more or less overall rainfall look like?

The fact is you can't answer that. Because you're a brainwashed piece of shit. You are literally a cum dumpster for retarded plebs who made up a bunch of catastrophic bullshit to make themselves feel bigger than they really are.
Spoiler alert: They are useless faggots like you plebs.

>intentionally missing the point

Every argument on Cred Forums.

Only weak children will get sick and consequently their weak genes will disappear from the gene pool.

Strong children will adapt to the toxic environment and develop stronger lungs and edgier personalities.

hockeyschtick.blogspot.nl/

youtube.com/watch?v=Uif1NwcUgMU

Hey idiot, I got you a worksheet on the carbon cycle.

It's for 6th graders. They're smarter than you.

I can't believe that you actually believe what you typed. It's literally staggering to me how fucking stupid you are. It's sad how poorly your shitty Canadian education system failed you.

That's great. A picture of dumbed down science to brainwash a bunch of children who will never be able to fathom the concept of empricism.

That picture doesn't show or prove anything. It's a literal piece of trash.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fossil fuels aren't part of the carbon cycle
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>posts a diagram showing they are

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

typical city nigger trying to start shit
stay in your goddamn zoo

Oil also naturally finds it's way to the surface and spills it's caustic delightfulness all over the landscape (see tarpits of Ye olde).

The reason you don't see it any more is because we snatched up all the oil that is that close to the surface and now we're working on the stuff that is millions of years away from that point.

The natural carbon cycle you fucking idiot. That's exactly the point.

This Canadian idiot said "CO2" is zero-sum, which is the most dumb-as-dog-shit thing I've ever read, and is still refusing to admit how fucking stupid and BTFO he is. You can literally feel the autism coming off of him.

That's the pan evaporation data, and the Israeli solar intensity studies.

Also, we only started seeing increases in global temp averages once we restricted particulate emissions in the 1990s.

These kinds of prognostications are always slower to come than predicted, but faster to implement than expected: like cellphone adoption, color TVs, computers, Internet connection....

Exponential and all, you know.

Where is the extra co2 coming from then?

after all, buried fossil fuels were once living creatures

Jet fuel can't block Sun beams

>>> Gets made fun of
>>>> Misses point, makes an ass out of himself.

This is the story of your life, isn't it?

Jesus christ you're an embarrassment.

I feel sad knowing that you exist. If you're older than 13 I hope you never breed.

You're literally misinterpreting what I said.

I said the radiative interference from CO2 is zero sum. Because, shock gasp, reality is 3 dimensional. The radiative interference happens in both directions.

But also now you're arguing against the law of conservation, the most fundamental and self evident principal of any manner of rational thought.

Why do you do this to yourself?

why don't you both start with yourselves you fucking man children

>wishing for a white person to never breed

Part of the fucking problem

He's literally denying the law of conservation.

That being said, I do agree with you

What the fuck are you talking about.

Do you need an example of you not understanding the basic concept here? Cause here it is:

>CO2 goes up when the temperature goes up because A. you get more life, and B. the wildfire season is longer.

You fucking idiot. I bet you wear fingerless gloves.

>you are literally what is wrong with the world
>I agree
?

ITT: proof that god created leafs on the 7th day and left the intelligence configuration incomplete

I'm referring to the other posts from that ID

I think you should have to have to take a test to be able to breed.

Because Canadafag would fail. And the human race would be spared his fat, autistic offspring.

>ywn go to Antarica and pissed your name in the snow for people to find 1000 years later

Proof that you realize you are hopelessly outgunned and have nothing to contribute.

The pathetic intellectual writhing of your cognitive dissonance sustains me. Please do go on.

4ºC

Look, it's literally nothing.

Is anybody else seeing this fucking cringe of a human being? Jesus christ.

_My_ cognitive dissonance? It "sustains" you? Jesus christ. Read what you type before you hit post at least.

Read it back to yourself and think, "does this make me sound like an idiot, trying to sound smarter than he is, in order to cover up the fact that he's already outed himself as an idiot blowhard?" If it does, just close the window, go outside, and step in front of a bus.

Do you remember back to five minutes ago when you didn't understand the carbon cycle, then to four minutes ago when you didn't realize that you were being made fun of, so you tried to made fun of children and only made yourself look like a fucking autistic retard in the process?

Stop. Posting. You. Are. Not. A. Smart. Person.

Pro tip: collisiondetection.net/mt/archives/2006/04/study_using_big.php

at first I was like but then I saw your from brazil so all is forgiven

I assume they dont have schools in your country or only teach basic stuff

>when atmospheric carbon dioxide was at about the level where it is now, 400 parts per million, but global temperatures were 1 or 2 degrees Celsius warmer than at present

>Why the discrepancy?

we are slowly drifting from the sun, just like the moon is drifting from us.

had to come back for that one

>all these adhomming agw shills

you got btfo

by a fucking leaf

do you realise how much glacial ice makes up Antarctica? do you realise that currently it hits anywhere from 0-15C along the coast of Antarctica?
4-19C would mean the entire sheets would start breaking apart, sloughing off and melting once the bergs hit warmer waters over a period of a few decades
sea levels would rise by 60m

This just sort of reinforces the idea that humanity is not causing global warming. In fact if anything we are staving it off.

We know the earth did this same shit in the pliocene era, we know climate change is roughly cyclical (look at the 400k yr history) why can we not accept that we are just at pliocene again? As part of the natural phases of the earths climate.

I agree we are fucked if we don't take action but green initiatives are not the action we need to take.

I think the gov knows. Look up the amount of seed banks/ vaults that have been springing up.

to add to that, I saw a documentation where the people that lived in these cold places started talking about how the ice has become thiner and more unstable over the years

its impossible to stop global warming right now because the technology is not there and if it is actually a real thing, people should start worrying about what they do when sea levels rise by that much

>current year
>believing in global warming
>not signaling

Understand our role in the global climate is important, and even wrong answers are useful..

I frequent this board often and I must miss a lot because I usually don't bother going into these threads.
Holy fuck some of the hardest, sustained, most direct, and concentrated shit talking

I'm pretty sure the only way to solve these problems is advancing technology

they build thousands of windmills in my country but yet there is no way to save that energy and it just depletes into the air when it is not needed

they need to pump money into research and education, the way things are going now you are lucky if an einstein makes it through this dogshit school system we have

he will rather killing himself before finishing his education and starting to advance technology in a major way

Its almost like CO2 makes little to no difference. Who knew.

Because of how polarized the issue is. Economics vs. Human welfare. It's the cause of all of our problems, really.

It's a great dynamo for baiting.

Not really sure, micro and macro I suppose. I just want one of those photon radios one user was talking about

It's almost like climate (((scientists))) have no fucking idea what they're talking about.

Wait wait so rolling coal saves the earf nigguh?

Its almost like, under the guise of ((climate change)) they could regulate every aspect of our lives in any possible way...

There's the (((narrative))) I was looking for.

So what we're supposed to take from this is that we need to build a sphere of transition lenses around the earth that let in just the right amount of sun. Then we can pollute all we want with no climate change, right?

Oh fucking well.
Not like its going to happen overnight.

>Then we can pollute all we want with no climate change, right?

For a bit longer, yeah. All we'd end up doing is push it back to a different level of CO2 ppm. The problem is, CO2 exposure is still toxic to us. Anything over 1,000ppm tends to feel fairly uncomfortable, and long-term exposure can affect brain function and generally make you a weaker individual.

I bet I can breath CO2 just fine. I breath it out every day anyway. It can't be that toxic.

>over 1,000ppm

Actually, I remembered this paper I read. It may be far lower than that. ~600ppm

grapevine.com.au/~pbierwirth/co2toxicity.pdf

So yeah, it's bad all around.

Worse if you live in one of those dense leftist cities. Basically living off farts your whole life.

22100 years is sweet fuck all in geological time. To even imagine we understand the large cyclical movements of the globe is folly.

But that's ok, keep buying carbon credits.

>Anything over 1,000ppm tends to feel fairly uncomfortable, and long-term exposure can affect brain function and generally make you a weaker individual.

Explains liberals, desu

Tl;dr - is fucking global warming a joke or not? Either way, I'll be dead before it matters so what the fuck difference does it make.

We're fucking stupid (as a species) and accidentally killed ourselves, no matter what we do. Or, there are some globalist cabal powerplayers in control of our weather systems, which in its self is another form of control over the proles.

I give it 50/50 either way.

>I can just eat shit. It comes out of my digestive system, so it isn't toxic

With our current technology we should have no problems in reverting global warming

>The problem is, CO2 exposure is still toxic to us. Anything over 1,000ppm tends to feel fairly uncomfortable, and long-term exposure can affect brain function and generally make you a weaker individual.

Sounds alright to me. Call me when it becomes lethal. Meanwhile every little tidbit in our food can give cancer, the groundwater in my land is infested with nitrate etc. you get the idea.

It becomes especially hard to make people care when they are older since they don't have to deal with the problem even if they do nothing against it.

Smoke em while you got em brah. Gonna start shopping for a more fuel inefficient car tomorrow.

please tell me its the church doing its thing, I love that shit

it raises my hater boner for christians

Why can't we put up particulates in the upper atmosphere to counter act the warming as a temporary measure? Why couldn't we do iron seeding and sequester carbon back into the earth?

Climate scientists seem really opposed to this, but it seems we will need to do in order to reverse CO2 levels. Stopping emissions won't be enough.

>Why can't we put up particulates in the upper atmosphere to counter act the warming as a temporary measure?

We can
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_seeding
earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/Aerosols/page3.php

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_engineering

Can we can push these to scale in time? I don't know.

we already do most of what people call chemtrails are exactly that.

>some arn't.

And to follow-up, again, all this does is buy us time. It can never "fix" the problem of CO2 in the atmosphere, because it's there for thousands of years. We have to actively extract it with shit like this:

technologyreview.com/s/540706/researcher-demonstrates-how-to-suck-carbon-from-the-air-make-stuff-from-it/

All these geo engineering things are still dependent on fossil fuels, so in the end, we're still in a catch-22.

Don't worry kraut, you'll see it first hand :^)

We can sequester carbon, it's just really expensive to do. And that's at the source. If you're talking about pulling it out of the atmosphere, there are only 400 parts per million. That's a pretty tiny amount. It would take an enormous amount of money and energy to make an appreciable dent in the total carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.

because the models were all proved wrong by the observations?

corporations don't exist user

have you ever met one?

agreed, it's really upsetting to see it too

"lalalalala I'm not listening"

fucking stupid faggots

nice shitpost

the IPCC climate models were all disproved, their GHG feedback forcings assumed positive feedback, when the observations show this is incorrect

kek, notice how NONE of these alarmist shill cunts have anything to say about this

underrated

>And those changes happened extremely gradually, over tens of thousands of years.
Literally cannot prove this.

Recent records can show yearly changes. You cannot pinpoint exactly 9735 years ago and compare it with 9736 years ago in an ice core. For all we know, temperatures could have fluctuated wildly yearly back then

From what I know guys, carbon dioxide takes up to twelve years to penetrate the oceanic level. This means that on the carbon cycle it should take that amount of time to effect ocean temperature. We are currently in the middle of another degree of heat. Within ten years we will be two degrees higher. Something to think about, not memeing but really stay inland.

>the earth experiences alternating periods of heating and cooling for the entirety of its existence
>"N-no, global warming is all your fault! Now buy this "environment-friendly" Prius or you're a bad person!"
>experience multiple record-shattering low temperatures across the world
>"w-w-w-well actually we're not calling it global warming anymore, it's climate change, now! You're still a bad person!"

>but really stay inland.
I can't wait to gun down all the coastal retards that come streaming in expecting a warm welcome.

Mass migration is going to be very bloody.

>Global Warming will finish us !!!
>So we must open the worlds borders and let those with the high birth rates, over populate the western world which has always had a sustainable population (unlike China, India and Africa)
>Our leaders think this will save us.

>>experience multiple record-shattering low temperatures across the world
way more record highs are being shattered than record lows

even the fact that weather is hitting extremes, high OR low, is a sign that the climate is destabilizing.

the climate is changing. whether it's man-made or not is a moot point. mankind has to adapt.

This thread is more of the same

Seriously, I agree with you guys to a certain extent, you certainly have interesting ideas, but you have no ability to think outside of your convictions. You are the same as those that are most staunchly left. I would assume the majority of people here are only slightly above average in intelligence, because they seem to be the most bullheaded when it comes to their belief systems.

can you refute this? you too are welcome to refute my graph

or deactivate the atoms in the sunbeams

your graph has nothing to do with what I posted.

how about you refute my post instead, retard?

so you can't refute my graph?

I guess it remains true then

I'll believe global warming is an immediate threat to the globe when liberals start caring more about preventing it than hating white people and importing nonwhites into white countries because y'all don't really seem to be all that worried about it besides the occasional nagging and circlejerking over how smart you are.

nobody said it wasn't true.

are you actually retarded? serious question.

either it's a fact that ALL of the IPCC prediction models were disproved by the observation data, or it's not

which is it?

"I'll take junk science for $500"

These semitic (circumcised) cocksuckers have no clue regarding the state the Earth was in even 5k fucking years ago. Or do (((they)))?

so why do you still believe the alarmism?

Since we talkin global warming and stuff anyone else seen this video game?

How would you try to convince humanity in the past to stop global warming if you knew that in your present the planet becomes uninhabitable because of it?

I'd rather have the biblical flood and a reset of humanity instead of Africans and muslims consume the world and cause a forever dark age.

looks like you were talking out of your ass again