Exams reduce comfy

>teen on suicide watch

Are exams an antiquated concept? Are there any better solutions?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RsGkk1GGw3w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I can confirm, senior year of high and during exams in college I've attempted it (just twice and it's been years now). Our schools don't teach to teach anymore they teach to indoctrinate and to get schools more money. (The exams are used for that) look up Georgia schools CRCT incident for an example.

The Asian system is pretty good but also leads to high suicide rates. The problem isn't necessarily schools alone but the culture of our countries which enforces this shit.

Tldr a really complex issue that needs to be dissected and fixed

Yes. They only serve to show how much the students have "progressed" via cramming useless information, and should be eliminated entirely.

Only if you're a faggot. I take my exams no fucks given. Only med and law fags should care. Everyone else stressing are retards. Your future employer doesn't give a shit about a couple of Cs you got as long as you got the paper to prove you went to college.

ITT: people who use their cellphone in class, dont take notes, and dont study

There are better ways of teaching children than constantly examining them. Think I had a couple every few months in my childhood.

>Our schools don't teach to teach anymore they teach to indoctrinate and to get schools more money

A thousand times this. I'd go so far as to say you could easily learn what they "teach" you at school by yourself.

Not even a little bit. In fact most valedictorians and higher up classmen are more likely to take adderall type pills and attempt suicide. You're basically talking out of your ass

Thank you for the list that doesn't apply to me at all

>let's test your ability to remember information in an era where you have a computer in your pocket
Genius.

Crumble of civilization seems inevitable. Technological surplus has allowed an unstoppable rot to take hold.

exams are fine, its the LECTURES that need a change. Holy fuck I can't count the number of times I opted to skip class to go study.

I never got the stress over exams, everyone was freaking the fuck out and getting 80-90% while I was completely calm and got a 75% on most things

How about bringing back study periods for students instead of cramming more classes into an 8 hour day?

>suicide watch over exam
>picture of women
kek

as someone who aced all the exams in highschool and now is a neet i can confirm high school is useless

D's get degrees.

As soon as people learn that they'll lead a much happier life. Focus on learning, not grades. This is why men even with bad grades tend to ask insightful questions while women have great grades but absolutely zero thought on the material past regurgitating for the exam.

>Continuous

Oh wah fucking wah. The real world is going to destroy you cotton ball fucks. NCEA is a joke. Seriously, 50% = Achieved. You can fuck half of it up and still pass. Plus it's only level 1, 2 and 3. What happens when you get to uni, and are no longer having all the course content spoon fed to you? Just wait until you're doing assignments for level 7 subjects you haven't even been taught yet, when your professors don't give a fuck whether you pass or not.

> dump
> water bottle is literal shit
> murrifats wonder why they so retarded

We truly are a generation of weaklings.

Fucking secondaries!

I never got stressed with much teachers unless they were some foreigner with a fucking thick accent that I can't understand. This happens a shit ton if you go into stem in America. My calc teacher is from Iran, my stats teacher was from India, my physics teacher was from Lebanon. This shit is getting annoying, and makes it harder to get a good mathematical foundation than if the lesson was taught by someone that wasn't learning English at the same time they were teaching stem courses

What's next? Work is too stressful and women may not come to work if she feels the need to relax?

Most of school is a waste of time because the stuff that is taught is way too advanced for the low IQ crowd and too dull for the high IQ crowd. So what you're left with is bored students and students who are on suicide watch because they can't handle the tests.

You can't have 1 size fits all school system.

D is a fail in NZ universities (this is a NZ article regarding NCEA which is NZ's educational frame work for highschool)

That being said a 'pass' is 50%. NCEA is seriously a joke. When it first came on the scene back in 04/05 it was heavily criticised, even by the students, for being too easy and encouraging mediocrity. The system prior to NCEA was basically bell-curve and was fucking brutal.

This is just a few molly-coddled kids having a QQ, and the shit-rag NZ media talking it up because THINK OF THE CHILDREN.

this is bad advice. having a very good gpa makes it much easier to get a good entry level job out of college (provided you studied something useful). What's more, most of the material learned won't even be useful. I can respect learning for the sake of learning, but life will be better with a good gpa.

ITT: butthurt niggers

I never studied and I routinely skipped school, and I still passed highschool and am in college. All you needed was a D- in highschool, and you can just copy and paste answers in online college. How does it feel to be the cuck who wastes precious years of his life actually /learning/ shit you'll never use?

I imagine a 75% in America is borderline retarded

Also, 'Continuous' = 2 exams per subject, per year.

I've passed every multiple guess test in my life without trying. I've passed every essay exam with minimal effort. I went through marine corps bootcamp and two tours to Iraq in 07 and 08 with no qualms. I went to prison in 2012 without getting raped. Don't let others tell you what you cant achieve

There's no alternative way to measure student understanding more effectively than a standardised test. I do feel that they shouldn't be worth as much as they are. Many of Uni exams are worth 60% of your total grade as well as being hurdle requirements. That's the bullshit part.

lol wtf,

Im 24, so the curriculum wouldn't have changed that much since i was at school, and i remember only studying the night before these exams.

fuckin pussies

This for sure.
>get to post graduate
>doing corporate infrastructure level engineering for networking systems
>have to be competent enough to learn program languages without any prior knowledge and be moderately experienced within a 1 year period
>literally only take one coding class for that entire year and it was entry level
I spent the entire year in my off time studying for a subject I wasn't even taking a class in.
That's real life fucking shit, your boss at your job is going to come up to you and ask you to solve a problem.
You can admit you have no knowledge and be useless, be competent enough to research and direct your boss to someone who can, or you spend every bit of free time learning about shit you'll use only in this one scenario for possibly months and solve the problem.
Most people who don't graduate fall into the first, a decent amount who graduate fall into the middle (which is entry level management), and a small few fall into the later.
My professors didn't give two shits, you either met bar or you didn't. Thankfully my job field has pretty unbiased testing for certifications, so there is a lot less people making it into the upper levels of computer science and engineering.

I graduated in 2012 and NCEA was still ridiculously easy. It really fucked me up for university because I was used to being able to answer less than half the questions in the booklet and still get an excellence.

Yes they are outdated. Replace them with hands-on labs/projects/etc. where the subject is applied. This is how all of my computer midterms and finals are

>You can't have 1 size fits all school system.

Fuck off you racist white bastard. We are all fucking equal!

To be fair, exams are kind of a pain in the ass, and if the punishment for failing is big enough it can be stressful.

depends. But ya they have a lower standard than most

I don't get why y'all hype up exams so much, I thought white men like you are supposed to be smart. I'm a fucking pajeet shitskin and I can easily get good grades with barely any actual studying.

Pretty much. I'm a dumbfuck and I easily get 90s-100s.

>why would anyone want to learn things
Opinion discarded, literal retard

>nerds committing bullycide cause they don't retain everything the first time

Who /neverstudy/ here

the expression is C's get degrees. But a degree alone doesn't say anything about your work ethic. Basically,

Low GPA + extra-curriculars or work experience = good hire

High GPA + extra-curriculars or work experience = great hire

Low GPA + no work experience = mcdonalds

Not really, while grades are pretty meme tier, having a good GPA does help you get a better entry level job when you get outta college/trade school/community college etc. Though if you're an entrepreneur genius or something then school is pretty much 100% pointless.

>tfw every single time I took my physics exams I finished 30 minutes before anyone else and always got a 97+

In America in most states even if you fail or never show up, they give you a default grade of 40%. You need a 70% to pass a class, the weighted average with the final exam being a huge part of the class. Most people are retarded now academically, even the worst dregs of society can go and get their GED with a middle schoolers reading and math comprehension.

>people actually waste time learning things they won't use in their career

I'm gonna be banking 80k yr when I'm finished with my Bachelors and all this useless bullshit they try and teach me I skip right past. The only thing you should learn isn't math, it's what you'll be doing for the rest of your life. Go back to your cuck shed leaf.

I can attest to the fact as well. It didn't affect me as much because
1. I'm often a lazy ass piece of shit in school but still manages to pull off passing with decent grades

2. I had Cred Forums to keep me sane

I'm lucky I got out when I did because public schooling has only been going downhill from then on out. I truly feel for the teachers and the students required to assimilate to Common Core.

Literally all you have to do to get B's is show up and listen.

Grades are an antiquated concept. Knowledge should be based on a test of practicality, not some superfluous meritocracy BS

PHRASING

Cull the heard

A lot of these exams are just to get more revenue and don't really teach much other then that you can get a good grade by study a bunch of information in two days that will be mostly be forgotten about in two months. Teachers are limited to teaching the test rather then teaching you things that you'll either actually remember or you'll actually use.

Additionally, the mentality of that you need a college degree from a university in order to be successful is really bad, we end up churning out all these useless liberal arts degrees in order to get people in college. Now STEM, law and business/economics degrees are of course different, but many people find these hard, and opt for things like English or Arts, which are over saturated in jobs and don't pay well for a four year degree. More People need to look into blue collar occupations if you want a good paying job, which would help fill in large labor shortages in things like welding

Also, they need to bring back AutoTech, construction, and woodshop into the curriculum, it would help.

Yes i believe you are going to be a successful businessman and that you're not a retarded 8th grader
>my cuck shed
What even is that?

I was the second year to get NCEA. This was back when they had no idea how to standardise the test difficulties. The first year through got everything super easy. They over compensated and made my year too 'difficult'.

>Never studied
>Fucked around in class
>Still passed
>Getting straight A's in uni doing BEng.

You could not do half the exam, guess the other half and still pass for NCEA 1, 2 and 3.

The old system was fucking brutal. my brothers went through that. Everything came down to the final exam, and even then, you got bell-curved.

C's get degrees, but A's get you paid.

Best feel

>spent my entire time at school throwing food at minorities.
>made it to university
>became the minority

Oh, I guess your wife hasn't given you permission to see the cuck shed yet? It's where Jamal fucks her while you're at McDonald's making fries.

It's possible to be a straight A student, and yet be completely incompetent. But generally speaking, a high GPA shows good work ethic if nothing else

Good one lol. Would make more sense if I had a wife and not an ai gf

Tests aren't the problem. The problem is that there's no way to recover from failure. The learning process goes like this: hear about something, do it until you fuck up less and less, and you've learned. The problem is that fucking up is now a death sentence for your career prospects. There's no room for the learning process anymore.

And it's not just in academia. Nobody wants to perpetuate the cycle of learning. Every company thinks they're too good to train somebody. They demand a year of experience in an entry level job because they don't want to tolerate fuck-ups.

I don't know what the fuck students 10 years from now are going to do. We're rapidly approaching a point at which any student without a 4.0 is going to be flipping a burger.

>had to take two labs, a foreign language, and multivariable calculus in one semester
>Monday and wednesday were the modern physics and calc class. 6 hours, 2 days a week
>every weekday was a chem day. Had 2-hour lab on monday, one hour lectures for the rest, a fuckton of busywork problems every day
>by the way I hate labs and dealing with people
>an hour of foreign language every day before chem (except on Thursday)
>two-hour bus ride home because lol night schedule
>got really sick twice, both times on an exam week
>this isn't even counting a fucked up and dysfunctional home life
>still got B's in everything (in spite of fucking failing two exams on account of my fucking nose imploding)

>But yeah, high school algebra is just so stressful.

Can't argue with that. I had an autistic asian girl in many of my classes. She tested extremely well in some subjects due to her ability to retain and regurgitate information, but struggled with anything that required her to actually understand the material, or problem solve.

For normies, getting high marks, and maintaining high marks is more of an indicator of work ethic than outright intelligence.

No.

But they do need to re-shape a lot of university exams to be less multiple-choice oriented and more practical oriented. (i.e. word answers or entire exams focusing on one or two problems encompassing all that you've learned)

The problem isn't the format. Kids and humans in general need to be assessed and know their capabilities. The problem I think is lazy teachers and declining quality of examination.

As a sidenote, kids suffering is a good thing.

Actually, here most people do that. They score 75% in high school, then bust their asses doing the exam to get in college. Once they're in, it's basically the 75% method again, but the catch here is that if you get good/great grades, teachers and/or scouters can contact you inmediately after you get your degree, so you can get to work with them as soon as possible, while the average student will struggle finding a job.

>They demand a year of experience in an entry level job because they don't want to tolerate fuck-ups

It may seem that way on the surface and outside, and it's even true in some cases, but not most.

Those egregious "requirements" are merely put there to appear to the Labor department that they're actually trying to find people as "diversely as possible" when in reality, they already know who they're going to hire.

In most cases, Sally down in HR's nephew who knew a guy.

>Are exams an antiquated concept?
They're the filter which separates the lazy from the hardworking. You kiwis need more exams since your country's IQ is progressively dropping because you want to make it "easier on children"

I really like comp sci, where its a fine balance. Once you learn enough, you have no holds barred. But, you NEED to do stuff outside of course work.

The successful ones always will have a laundry list of projects and jobs by the time the degree is up.

The kids that don't recognize this early enough will be lucky to land something entry-level, and will likely stay there

>Those egregious "requirements" are merely put there to appear to the Labor department that they're actually trying to find people as "diversely as possible" when in reality, they already know who they're going to hire.

You know, I've been told that and brushed it off as rationalizing instead of reacting to rejection, but I'm believing it to be more and more true by the day.

>thanks for coming to the interview. Are you aware of the requirements for this position?
>yes, I did very well in school
>how were your grades?
>the teacher said I was great
>I mean your test scores
>tests make me uncomfortable
>I see

And you fucks wonder why companies need to ship in immigrants to fill positions.

stop being drama queens

>MUH LIFE DREAM

if life dream is connected by a thin spider web it should not be expected in the first place

>committing suicide due to exams
good, weed out the weak

>suicidal over an exam

youtube.com/watch?v=RsGkk1GGw3w

>midterms and finals are worth 70-80% of your grade

why is this allowed?

I really think the issue lies with the course structure. Exams are just testing what you've learned. But all to often, students don't actually LEARN anything between tests.

Lectures need to be more real-world based. Less theory, more examples. The best way to learn is by doing. Sadly, schools just stick to the script, probably killing the curiosity of students in the process

Well I'm going to confirm it for you today buddy.

I got my job as a Student IT helpdesk guy because a girl I knew in class was impressed by my knowledge and recommended me to the manager.

By extension, she got hired because she is the God-Daughter of the then department head of my college.

This is small scale. Now imagine it for actual companies. They know who they're going to hire already. You just need to be connected or from India.

>tfw premed fag
I wish I could just have fun in college and not worry about shit

alas

No, fuck off. Theory is the most important because once understood, it can be utilized in multiple scenarios. Practical learning is only important as an exercise to demonstrate a theory. It should never be the focus.

Go study liberal arts you nigger.

mfw I plan on going to law school

>tfw my dad claims he can't hook me up with a job

The bastard. Joke's on him, a dead-end position just opened up in the same company and I'll be associated with him via last name. Nepotism, ahoy.

Never studied for an exam in college. Pass anyway. WELP

ecniV

>able to retain and regurgitate information extremely well, struggled with anything that required her to understand material or problem solve

me

I have never seen this. Engineering is predominately Mid semester + Final + 2 or 3 assignments spread out through the semester. If you fuck one up, it's pretty easy to recover or make up the %.

>really like comp sci,
Lol CompSci. I've had to deal with several chinese-female CompSci grads who were literally useless. They didn't know anything.

Basic networking? Nope
Programming or coding in any language? Nope
Basic troubleshooting skills? Nope

One girl didn't even know how to plug a monitor in.

>I'm not a robot

I'm in CS you dumb nigger. Very few will ever understand or go into a field theory-heavy. You would produce twice as many competent grads if you supplied them with project-based experience in school.

This is being shilled in schools now...Not a red pill if you're not an idiot.

No, but homework and subjective marking are.

>tfw bumped down a grade in year 10 English because I wasn't emotional enough
Feminised education, ensuring fewer opportunities for boys via lower high school marks since the 2000s. Keep pretending you're actually intelligent, cumdumpsters.

lol ya, I feel sorry for those losers. Among my peers, I'd say only 1/50 are competent, hard workers that love programming. The top 5% gets all the benefits, first pick of jobs, etc. Meanwhile the rest of the lazy fucks sit around and complain about their fucking homework, like they don't see life outside of school.

It's unbelievable how many 4th year CS students can't even build a program from source. They are utterly dumbfounded.

Devil's advocate though, what are they supposed to say? "You'll be mopping a floor in not too long, DeQuann. I'm just here to babysit you until you're legally old enough to take that job."

Potential being to some extent hereditary isn't news to anybody, but short of mass eugenics there's not a ton of alternatives.

toughen up faggots

> nupol faggot

People stress the fuck out over this shit but they don't seem to understand that they can fucking try again later if they bomb out of a class.

anyone who suicides is better off dead

Truth.

I got my first IT job out of 300 other applicants because I spoke English, showed up in a clean, ironed shirt, and was ex-mil.

I got my second IT job because the woman in charge of hiring liked my attitude (and she made anti-muslim comments several times during the interview)

I got my 3rd IT job when the company I worked for got bought out by another IT company. What a shit-fest of brown nosing and nepotism that company was. Built around the CEO and his mates + brownnosing club. Even if you were the hardest working, most knowledgeable, bringing in the mad billables mofo, you didn't get shit if you weren't in 'the club' They hired exclusively via recommendation of 'the club'. 'The club' also did little to no work, often unable to account for entire days of work, but were still lauded and received massive prizes for being top-notch employees.

I now sub-contract for a buddy I worked with at the 1st job who runs his own IT consultancy business now.

Do kids not know how to study anymore? Aren't these tests basic shit that any non retarded student should know?

Fuck people like this... they're already trying to force all this dumb flipped-classroom/new pedagogy shit down our throats, and they've already made it so that you have to jump through fifty goddamned hoops in order to have basic shit like projects, quizzes, or homework in high school and college coursework these days... now they want to get rid of exams too.

At some point you remove so much shit away from the actual class that it ceases to be education and just becomes expensive daycare for young adults.

Bullshit, these fuckers are just weak.

This
>Why do I need to learn alegebra! Google solves my equations for me!
>Why do I need to learn history! Google tells all about it!
>Why do I need to learn critical thinking! Google tells me what to think!

Exams are literally the only reason I passed high school. I would have had much more stress without them because then I would have had to actually do some of the work/put in effort in order to (barely) pass.

people need to suck it up and accept the challenge

this

Yes, group projects.
Too bad those only work in college.

It's better to give someone the illusion that they can succeed than to just flat out tell em' yea no you're fucked, especially if that person is a crazy idiot. Otherwise they'll just chimp out.

Sounds like someone never heard of eustress.

>tfw bumped down a grade in year 10 English because I wasn't emotional enough
wat

Just like all papers you have to write it for the professor while pretending your not. If you actually write for yourself and you don't feel much. They will say it isn't "holistic" enough and mark you down. English fucking sucked. I'm glad in college we choose our classes

Pretty much. They keep cutting shit from our curriculum as well, so there's really no excuse.

speaking as a Hillary supporter one thing that breaks our country of equality is testing, it seperates people based on what grade they get creating a teired system of hatred that we must break free from to move forward as a country if we are to follow in the footsteps of liberty.

No.

They're never shown or taught good study or notetaking habits in primary, but they get passed on regardless, secondary can't teach them material AND fix 7-8 years of bad study habits so they just do the best they can and there's so much incentive to pass students that most high schools inflate the shit out of their grades to keep the students moving on.

By the time they get to college they're completely fucking hopeless.

I've had students in my physics classes, kids who are 18, 19, 20 or older who can't do basic fucking math or write in complete sentences. It's a fucking nightmare.

But test is fun!

You can be top 1000 among same generation students if you get good score.

Feels good to be elite :3

I love test desu senpai~

My wife is a teacher. This article is NZ based. NCEA is a fucking joke DESU. It's piss easy, the assessments are peppered out through the entire year so fuckup students don't fail one exam and bomb out of school. and the pass mark is only 50%.

I rage almost everytime my wife tells me about some new 'development' in education. The actual teachers have next to no say with what goes on in classrooms. Most of it is decided by some SJW twats who have never taught a child in their life.

>Students should call their teachers by their first name - authority is bad!
>Teachers should be trying to befriend the students, not teach them!
>We should knock down all the walls and just have all the students in one massive class. Segregation is bad!
>Technology is the way of the future, we should cut funding for teacher's salaries, and make it so all students can just do their exams on a computer at home!
>Literally every subject needs to be watered down to be 'feelings' centric, even Maths and Science.
>Instead of teaching the core of each subject proficiently, we need to shoe-horn equality, feelings and positivity into literally every subject resulting in a hodge-podge mess of nonsense.
>Let's invent a hundred more vaguely intelligent academic buzzwords for shit that already existed!
>All children have autism and dyspraxia!

>Studying

The only times I seriously buckle down and study is when I either pass or fail the class.

Otherwise it's easy enough to just get by through paying some fucking attention to the material

My English assignment went from an A to a B. In the end the teacher was a British lesbian and somehow the highest scorer was always female, a different female each time.

Feminists shouldn't teach children.

>Only med and law fags should care
>tfw med fag
>no fucks given anyway
lol, I mean, it means I'll likely get into a lower tier program but having MD in front of your name is the only thing that matters

it's kind of a 'least worst system' situation.They are still the most efficient and effective means for determining a students ability.

On one hand we have
>A generation of spoiled brats who cannot sit down and retain information. Hurt by facing even simple tasks that require some amount of silence.

On the other
>Most of modern schooling is about memorizing meaningless information. The smart students are held back by the average of the class for years, if not decades. All non-stem related classes are bluepilled feminist propaganda. By the time the smart students get to university they despise the classroom. 18 years of test don't necessarily translate to employable skills. Male teachers have been weeded out of school and female teachers undergrade male students for the sake of equality. COMMON CORE and other newagey theories of education are ruining students.

It's a very complicated problem. Clearly the current model will not be sustainable in the upcoming century.

As shit as NCEA is, you can request moderation on your exams if you feel you were unjustly marked.

We had several students go from achieved (C) to Excellence (A) after requesting moderation due to markers being biased pieces of shit. The markers are anonymous, but it wouldn't surprise me if some militant lesbo feminist was behind it. It was always males getting marked down heavily with no justifications.

Hard sciences are doing our best to stand against the tides of "sensitivity teaching" and all that other new age hippy social justice crap.

Our saving grace is the fact that if colleges started watering these programs down and giving degrees to engineers, biologists, chemists, etc who didn't know the difference between a fraction and a force they'd lose any accreditation they had for those programs and their reputations would be destroyed.

Make no mistake though, that hasn't stopped the left from trying. Every year our faculty has to sit through mandatory talks on new teaching methods and new rules for accommodating all the pwecious widdle snowfwakes. Most of it we're able to fight against, but some shit like extra time on exams or quiet test-taking conditions for students with "special accommodations" are now written into federal laws like the ADA, Title VII, and Title IX

>naturally good at exams and cramming
>never go to class
>pass with flying colours
>cant remember jack shit long term

There are definitely better ways

not my major university. they changed the curriculum up halfway thru my degree. requirements went from 2.0 to 3.0 which royally fucked me. hell i had to change my entire degree path. do not go to UCF

What that other guy said. Teachers don't teach to help us learn but to make money/indoctrinate. M a senior in highschool now and my grade is awlays the first to have common core since it was introduced my freshman year. I had some classes I with older grades and the differnce between an actual vs common core class was disturbing. I even had an english teacher who straight up refused to teach common core and was eventually fired and replaced with a sterotypical fat tumblr feminist with dyed and problematic glasses. With my old teacher when we read Oedipus he talked about how it linked to different philosophers and debated about shit like if fate actually existed. She comes in a instantly switches it to how woman are oppressed by evil men from even the bronze age and how evil and bad the men were to the women in the story. It was disgusting

Shit mobile fucked up my grammer

This generation can't handle stuff that supposedly dumber, primitive people have been doing for centuries, millenniums even.

Fuck I despise these millennial pussies. Just pop your fucking adderall and do your job.

I'm so glad I'm not in school anymore

fuckin decades wasted just to compete with the retards who go to college just because they have nothing else in a contest of "who can repeat it better?" Shoulda fuckin started a cult instead, you always lose as a member.

>mfw I was the type that justs had to listen a bit in class to ace an exam

Feels good not being a retarded gibsmedaattention brat.

Personally I think assignments are better, it teaches you to spread your time well and to do actual tasks rather than just memorizing shit.
But saying that, you can't have assignments for every subject.

>This generation can't handle stuff that supposedly dumber, primitive people have been doing for centuries, millenniums even.
This system is fairly recent though. About to become 100 years old which is like 2-3 generations. the current classroom model was also developed by communism.

the teen is on suicide watch because trump will win

Exams are antiquated in that we don't benefit from the results.
It's hardly used to isolate individual deviation for correction anymore.

If we used assessment to alter curriculum, would be great.
Hell, we might be doing that on a macro level.

Regrettably, Exams are just a criteria now, not a tool.

Semi-agreed. There needs to be a balance struck between assignments and exams. Assignments encourage time management and individual research+problem solving. Exams teach efficient problem solving and knowledge under pressure.

Which is pretty much what the system these fucks are complaining about does. They're just whiney faggots. The system before the current one depended entirely on your final exam, and you could still get bell-curved into failure.

There was some habbub this week about the maths exam being too hard. Kids worry too much nowadays.

If they are high school students, they are to young to be Millenials. This is like the user who was bitching about Boomers in their 40s. He's about 20 years to,late and you are give or ten to early.

t. Brainlet

>tfw passing through university with 50% grades
I don't even give a fuck I'm killing myself when I hit 30 anyway

Assignments are definitely more similar to what you do as an adult, but I think tests definitely have a place when it comes to learning fundamental concepts. Someone who can look up the answer in 5 seconds is more valuable than someone who takes 15 seconds to dig into their own memory, but no one wants to be around a retard who can't read, write, or do basic math.

Exams are the only 'objective' way of assessing students knowledge though. Students cramming, then data dumping is more of a symptom of their attitude towards learning than anything. They want everything spoon fed to them.

i don't understand the problem. i went through penis inspection exams once a month and got through schooling just fine

The level 1 exam.

Year 10 maths. Basically

>1a + 2a = ???

FUCK THIS IS TOO HARD I CAN'T COPE WITH THIS STRESS I'M GOING TO KILL MYSELF

I remember when I was in highschool, I had this really old teacher who gave us his spin on internal exams vs. external exams.
He reckoned that internals and assignments were introduced because females performed drastically worse than males in exams due to males being very good at cramming. And in my opinion, it's definitely true that females do better in internal exams.

Alright, then Gen Z. I just use them interchangeably because they're both awful generations. Although maybe it's too early to judge Gen Z, hopefully the shitshow known as millennials is enough to redpill them.

>CS

It really disappoints me that there aren't any good hentai manga about penis inspection day. I've found a couple and they were both crummy.

I did find one that had to do with something like sex testing day where boys and girls were paired up at random and had to have sex with each other. That was great, but I want a good penis inspection day hentai.

Didn't they just start getting rid of homework?
With no homework or exams wouldn't school just become daycare?

Bru ncea is easy af and even if you fail level 1 who gives a fug

if the testing system makes it easy to cram & dump one topic after another, it is flawed.

unless you're testing the willingness to do small tasks on time.

>tfw was one credit short of being valedictorian
>tfw never took any of those and hardly studied
>tfw had two associates degrees when I graduated
If you think high school is hard then you probably don't belong in college desu

To be fair, there is literally no reason to memorize dates. I mean it made some degree of sense when you'd have to look things up in a book, but knowing the context and meaning of events is more important than knowing the date. So long as you have a rough idea of chronology there is nothing wrong with googling the date on the rare occasion when you actually need to know it.

If you meant that people who ignore history completely then yeah that is a problem.

>I did find one that had to do with something like sex testing day where boys and girls were paired up at random and had to have sex with each other.

I remember a great manga like that by Hanainu. The lesbian biology teacher forces one of the female students to pick a classmate to demonstrate sex with. 10/10 stuff.

Yes, yes you can.

I went to college for a year, and then I took 3 years off. I end up going down the rabbit hole, and my world view has changed. I end up going to college for a couple classes, and college is exactly as people meme it.

Two thirds of my class is female, and they all seem to be in nursing. This really made me think. Half the shit these people say makes no sense, and I'm supposed to let them take care of me when I'm old? God help us If these are the people we're putting in Hospitals.

Females are doing better across the board now because almost every subject has been watered down with 'feelings' based curriculum. Being able to 'express yourself' is more important than having a coherent point. And Maori bullshit is shoe-horned in wherever possible. Even some subjects that should be hard science have been watered down with that Hauora bullshit.

>I know, rather than teaching health and PE fro from a logical, biological, physiology, or scientific standpoint, lets teach kids it's all about your spirituality and how all of these philosophical spiritual concepts form an imaginary house!
>Chur, tu meke tama; ka pai, ka pai.

>lolicon
Not my bag, but you enjoy it, user.

And you reminded me of another like that where the teacher had a female student fuck pretty much the entire class in order to show them what a vagina feels like.

Rekt, for my degree they are like 40% with a bunch of smaller tests and assignments along the way

If you fail NCEA, then you're retarded and should kill yourself anyway.

What's your degree, bru? I'm BEng and this is how most the papers are done too.

let kids be kids again and get all this real world activism out of our highschools.

let their biggest problems be the Stacy in 2nd period and not the ghost of patriarchy future.

Let 'em work their shit out and intervene only when things escalate to lethal levels.

this is a writer at bioware. im like a hundred percent sure. i know someone who does art for them and i swear to god she works there.

They still serve a purpose, but one exam making out 100% of the grade is antiquated. Puts too much shit on a few hourd where you can fuck up by having a bad day.

I think this shift towards 'feelings' based curriculum is setting kids up for failure. I see so many fresh high-school grads either failing at Uni, or failing at work because school has held their hand their entire life, while telling them they're all special snowflakes and their feelings > everything.

They're so fucking lost when they get into uni and have to actually do independent learning. Or they get their first real job and end up shocked when they realise that their boss doesn't give a fuck about their feelings or personal needs.

There has to be some balance between teaching them, and conditioning them for the fact that 99% of them will end up as drones.

You're right. She was brought on for the new Mass Effect, apparently.

Yeah, just skip right to the killing themselves part.

when you produce sniveling cowardly infants instead of strong self sufficient well adjudsted adults then everything of adult hood is going to seem to be an insurmountable torture

LSAT on saturday. I have some stress, but not like ruining my life kind of stress.
Just hope I dont disappoint my father, sice he's dying of cancer and one of the last things he will see from me is my results for this test
Feels bad man

It doesn't matter either way.

>entrance exams to a program are bad
>exam moved to the end of the college program
>exams at end of program are bad
>exam moved to job interview process
>job interview exams are bad

Next steps:

>exam moved to accreditation for business to secure contracts
>exam certification to ensure adequate operations bad

I don't even know how to get beyond this because then you'd be forcing people to work together through contract, but there ya go. These people are just afraid of objective scoring at all, but as long as math exists, performance will be measured in some way. Move the testing wherever, I don't give a fuck.

For instance, friend of mine got a job at Goldman Sachs and went through several days of testing to determine the best candidates. Go ahead, start regulating interview processes too, objective testing will always, ALWAYS exist.

If they aren't getting all A's by the end of the 7th grade, pull them from school and give them a job.

Nice quads, hope your logic games are up to par. And don't fuck around on the essay, schools do read that shit.

have we tried telling teens to "just fucking deal with it"

Das raciss.

>teen on suicide watch

man tests really BTFO of that teen, fuckin brutal

>The NZ government pays for 2 gender reassignment surgeries a year.
>44 year waiting list.
I know I should be mad about it being government subsidized but I'm keking too hard.