Black men may now legally run from the police in Massachusetts

Black men may now legally run from the police in Massachusetts

wbur.org/news/2016/09/20/mass-high-court-black-men-may-have-legitimate-reason-to-flee-police

>Black men who try to avoid an encounter with Boston police by fleeing may have a legitimate reason to do so — and should not be deemed suspicious — according to a ruling by the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court.

>Citing Boston police data and a 2014 report by the ACLU of Massachusetts that found blacks were disproportionately stopped by the city's police, the state’s highest court on Tuesday threw out the gun conviction of Jimmy Warren.

>Warren was arrested on Dec. 18, 2011, by police who were investigating a break-in in Roxbury. Police had been given a description of the suspects as three black men — one wearing a “red hoodie,” one wearing a “black hoodie” and the other wearing “dark clothing.” An officer later spotted Warren and another man (both wearing dark clothing) walking near a park. When the officer approached the men, they ran. Warren was later arrested and searched. No contraband was found on him, but police recovered an unlicensed .22 caliber firearm in a nearby yard. Warren was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm and later convicted.

>In its ruling, the court made two major findings: They said police didn’t have the right to stop Warren in the first place, and the fact that he ran away shouldn’t be used against him.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1M8vei3L0L8
youtube.com/watch?v=OhJQVVAN2Ho
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The judge's argument is very interesting. I wonder if whites could refuse to do business with blacks, citing the disproportionate amount of violence blacks engage in against whites.

Oh wait no, that's unconstitutional. Just like this retarded nonsense.

Thank the gods
If police are habitually fucking with black people then, yes. They have sufficient reason to run in fear.
Don't worry, it'll apply to white people soon, too.

>Don't worry, it'll apply to white people soon, too.
Just like how affirmative action is helping poor whites, right? Right???

wot?

Holy shit.
Where is Massachusetts?

>it'll apply to white people soon
Doubt it. If a white man runs from police no one is going to say the police were being unfair.

Massachusetts is a state you goddamn retard.

I'm olive (Greek ancestors) and I live in MA. You think I can get away with it?

Oh like Utah?

i concur. fuck the police.

the average police officer is mildly retarded and should not be allowed to carry a gun.

police worshipping lawfags are the worse

Youve always been a worthless faggot. You dont like authority because it acts as a reflection of your value

Blacks are literally a privlaged class these days.

Can you rephrase your response into a coherent sentence/thought structure?

thread theme
youtube.com/watch?v=1M8vei3L0L8

It is actual institutional racism.

I've been saying for a while now that they're going to try to make blacks immune to all misdemeanors and adjust the burden of proof in court in their favor.

Prepare accordingly.

This is fucking insane. Now Tyrone can litterally get away with murder and the cop can't run after him. What the fuck

"I dindu nuffin" is now a valid legal defense in the USA.

Sweden and Germany have their work cut out for them to catch up to this cuckoldry.

Thanks, we need more incentive to commit crimes. What the fuck MA, I live in a city and this makes it even less safe if this gets out

Was just in Boston this morning walking around it must have been an absolutely beautiful city before all the niggers kept coming up to me half fucked up asking for money they should all be rounded up

I do not think they realize how racist this actually is. Racist, and stupid.

this isn't such a bad thing.

cops are shit and the court system is weighted against blacks and the poor.

we need to legalize drugs and stop turning our police into a pseudo-military force.

are none of you real patriots? washington et al would bitch slap the lot of you for giving the police and state this much power.

Legally illiterate mongoloids itt.

>They said police didn’t have the right to stop Warren in the first place
Because he wasn't close enough to the initial description simply by being black and having dark clothing.

>the fact that he ran away shouldn’t be used against him
This is because of the first point, and shouldn't be viewed on its own. They're saying that if the police didn't have a right to detain him in the first place, then mere flight upon sight of the police is not enough to justify detention either.

None of this is particularly ground-breaking or new, nor does it mean "Black men may now legally run from the police". If a police officer doesn't have a legal reason to detain someone then you're under no obligation to stick around.

And unlike these retards
I actually think the police are justified in most of the things they do, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be overruled when they're doing things that are outside the scope of the law.

> being this retarded.

Did you miss the part about it only helping blacks?

I do agree about the police state stuff but that's what happens when you have a large brown population.

the police state is what happens with prohibition. It happened in the 20s and it has been happening since the "war on drugs" was declared.

Legalizing drugs and removing non-violent offenders from prison would go a long way in fixing this entire mess.

it's a commonwealth fagit

And running from a cop is somehow not considered suspicious anymore?

>its ok for niggers to have unlicensed guns

nice laws, from a state with heavy gun control

Washington would wip the backs of these blacks as they attempted to run away.

>cops are shit and the court system is weighted against blacks and the poor.

Blacks and poor people commit the daily quality-of-life infarctions.

Bernie Madoff may be the biggest single thief in the history of the country, if not world.

But nobody is "afraid" of Bernie Madoff.

People are afraid of all the low-level shit which niggers do.

Niggers do it. Police react to it.

The chicken-or-the-egg argument is easy on this one. Niggers act like assholes first, and then they are "targeted".

Kys Jamal

>Legalizing drugs and removing non-violent offenders from prison would go a long way in fixing this entire mess.

No.

Let me explain it like a mongo would understand it.

Colorado, upon legalizing cannabis, did not have a sudden influx of black businessmen wanting to open up grows and dispensaries.

Niggers were never into selling weed because they liked horticulture, or breeding strains, or running a legtimate business. Niggers sold weed BECAUSE it was illegal.

The mafia dealt with alcohol BECAUSE it was illegal.

The mafia hood running liquor did not get hired by Johnny Walker when prohibition ended.

The little nigger in Denver selling dope did not open his own dispensary.

They just moved onto the next illegal way of earning money.

The anti-social population remains just as prone to going to jail as ever. They just find a new way to do it.

oh god that article's comment section. every time someone mentions an uncomfortable statistic about black crime, someone responds with "this is irrelevant!".
as if black crime is somehow irrelevant to police behavior toward black alleged-criminals.

based ally

Only in Massachusetts.

>niggers are special and above the law

That's scary as fuck

>Shoot and kill someone
>Run away

>Get pulled over in traffic
>Flee and put other motorists in danger

So if they can get away with crimes, what about the rest of us? Liberals everyone.

except large elements of the mafia did go legit after prohibition.

what is las vegas?

except that there are many blacks who want to open up legal weed joints.

who is snoop dogg?

legalizing drugs wouldn't completely end the mess, but it would

1) stop putting non violent offenders in prisons at young ages where they are hardened and come out worse
2) end the war on drugs, which has led to the increased militarization of police forces
3) add a new tax revenue stream
4) do away with bogus reasons that police use to stop citizens (e.g., I could smell weed four blocks down so now I'm going to illegally detain you and harass you)
5) free up police to target violent offenders and higher order crimes

Never post again please

Fucking retard

Niggers rape and kill people
Stop trying to put poor people with them liberal.

Sry I don't know every country on earth I'm trying my best to lern all the flags but there's a lot of them OK?

>many blacks

>cites fucking snoop dog.

Really dude ?

It's a fucking state you inbred fuck tard.

Like 1 of the 50 states in the US, the country you are in right now.

>except large elements of the mafia did go legit after prohibition.
>what is las vegas?
>except that there are many blacks who want to open up legal weed joints.
>who is snoop dogg?

LOL. The way the mafia dealt with vegas was "legal".

Snoop Dogg is "black people". LOL

snoop is getting into the weed VC game

get the fuck out shill

You are equating one successful nigger to niggers in general.

You're just an upset stoner with fucked views.

Well I never done left mine well sept for Kansas but I didn't like it so sry that I don't know every one of them

It's one of the 13 original states.....did you even happen to go to school??

Where the fuck do you live? Swear to fuck if it's in Texas get the fuck out and stop embarrassing this state with your shit

you telling me if you were a cop you wouldnt grip that gun extra close around blacks

forgetting rule number 1 of Cred Forums

>rule of law being applied unevenly and lady justice being no longer blind is a good thing

kys. washington would kill you for uttering those asinine sentences

>except large elements of the mafia did go legit after prohibition?

As a front for illegal activity you mouth breathing nitwit. Racketeering in Las Vegas was apart of buisness there well after the end of prohibition.

No I live in Missouri but yeah I went to all 6 years

And your average nigger isn't aso retarded as a fucking rock?

.....to early to be trolled

Fuck off nigger

I hate this fucking state so much.

First the AG , without any fucking forewarning or process , bans all assault rifles

Now extra rights for niggers

I'm packing my shit and heading to new hampshire where the white man still roam.

Hey don't you call me a nigger I ain't no nigger boy

This is a joke, right bros?

RIP

>Black commit disproportionate amount of crime
>Black stopped disproportionate amount of times

That's called correlation.

Nigger

You better watch out I gots guns you don't want to piss off the wrong people

I got gunz toooo brutha. STRAIGHT OUTA TEXAS.

SUCK MY DICK FLY OVER STATE NIGGER

I heard a Texas so I no were it is so you better watch out

I'll see you at the Alamo faggot!!!

Ps, bring beer

>>In its ruling, the court made two major findings: They said police didn’t have the right to stop Warren in the first place, and the fact that he ran away shouldn’t be used against him.

In the rest of the sane states, it is considered suspicious when you aren't in athletic clothing, to be engaged in head-long flight, immediately upon seeing police.

It's not probable cause, but it would greatly contribute toward reasonable suspicion which does give police the ability to detain and identify. It's a low threshold which suggests that someone has committed, is committing, or is about to commit a crime.

That's Terry vs. Ohio which is a supreme court case.

OP's article is a state case which appears to be in conflict with it.

>judiciary literally fucking with the executives ability to do their job

LOVING
EVERY
LAUGH

why would it be suspicious to run from someone who has no legal right to detain you?

Fucking Massholes

Fucking retard. Look it up before you make us all look like imbeciles.

American cops can't run anyway

Shoot to kill and he can't testify to his reason to run.

Niggers are gonna run
Cops are gonna shoot
Not gonna stop either one

>They said police didn’t have the right to stop Warren in the first place
He fit the description, i have only been arrested once in my life and it's because i fit a description, i was released shortly when they had questioned me, nothing ever followed up.
>the fact that he ran away shouldn’t be used against him.
I didn't run away because i knew they had the wrong guy, if i ran not only would it have greatly increased suspicion but could be charged for resisting arrest.

Lets also not forget that because of this encounter an illegal firearm was taken off the streets, making more retarded gun laws does nothing if police can't enforce them.

MA is trash. Wiki Springfield or Holyoke if you aren't convinced.

Fucking kek, where's that image from?

It's too late for that now burger.

It was always too late

So basically police are going to abandon black areas due to risk of a suspect running to their house/car and pulling a weapon on them yes?

Cops should leave them to their own devices, and set up border zones between the ghetto and white suburbia.

The word "Meat Shield" doesn't exist for nothing

>my fellow american
>where is massachusetts?

Is locking your door a reason for the police to search your home?

Ohhh I actually want Clinton to win so there will be a military/police coup.

It turned up on /k/ a while ago. It fits the Russian stereotypes too well to pass up the joke. That said, the idea was that shaped charges aren't a problem if you just shoot the guy before he launches a rocket. Failing that, just send another tank and bill the Americans.

Massachusetts the Pimple on America's ass since it's inception.

Why does this country treat black people like children? I don't like spics but if they are going to be the majority I can't wait how they will treat blacks.

>Illegalizing high demand products creates a black market
No shit. And using the police to suppress the will of the people creates a police state.

The description was solely clothing because identifying race is racist, plus the nigger was a criminal.

>No shit. And using the police to suppress the will of the people creates a police state.

Dear point misser,

I'm saying that the jails will not be significantly emptied.

There may be beneficial things which result from drug legalization, but sociologically re-engineering criminals isn't one of them.

Displacing criminals from a venue doesn't eliminate a criminal's existence.

>"HE DINDU NUFFIN"!
>"WUZ ATTENDIN RIOT SKOOL"
>"ALWAYS RAN FROM THE POLICE LIKE A GUD BOY"

That's retarded. Illegal marijuana is a revenue stream for millions of people. If it were legal, there wouldn't be enough criminal opportunities for those people to move on to other crime even if they wanted to. The black market for marijuana is such a large proportion of the black market that it is impossible for what you're saying to be true. It doesn't make any fucking sense

as long as niggers die ,I dont give a shit

I think white people should have the birth right to kill rape or pillage black people

I read that in bobby kennedy's voice.

If you match the description of a suspect, cops are well within their rights to stop you and determine if you are the suspect. If you run without even speaking to the police officer, you look guilty, and you should expect bad things to happen. It's pretty straightforward, actually.

Anyway, the Supreme Court just voted on stuff like this not that long ago.

>WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that evidence found by police officers after illegal stops may be used in court if the officers conducted their searches after learning that the defendants had outstanding arrest warrants.

>Justice Clarence Thomas, writing for the majority in the 5-to-3 decision, said such searches do not violate the Fourth Amendment when the warrant is valid and unconnected to the conduct that prompted the stop.

>The case, Utah v. Strieff, No. 14-1373, arose from police surveillance of a house in South Salt Lake based on an anonymous tip of “narcotics activity” there. A police officer, Douglas Fackrell, stopped Edward Strieff after he had left the house based on what the state later conceded were insufficient grounds, making the stop unlawful.

>Officer Fackrell then ran a check and discovered a warrant for a minor traffic violation. He arrested Mr. Strieff, searched him and found a baggie containing methamphetamines and drug paraphernalia. The question for the justices was whether the drugs must be suppressed given the unlawful stop or whether they could be used as evidence given the arrest warrant.

If the blacks can run from the cops, the whites should be able to run from the cops.

Equality, motherfucker.

Also Asians.

Just start spouting ebonics. If you identify as black they'll treat you like you're black.

If cop tells someone to stop and he still runs it's gonna end with a deserved beating

Anybody read the Turner Diaries?

>rape
>put your dick in a chimp
why would you do such a thing

I heard it's really boring.

Cred Forums should write a new book, the Trumper Diaries

No its not boring.

If you read it you would see that it all started like this, with even more special rights for niggers than "just" affirmative action.

They're furries
See youtube.com/watch?v=OhJQVVAN2Ho
Now you know why germanistan is importing refugees

id rather take running from blacks without social repression than running from cops at all

heres a test to do, pic related

>That's retarded. Illegal marijuana is a revenue stream for millions of people. If it were legal, there wouldn't be enough criminal opportunities for those people to move on to other crime even if they wanted to. The black market for marijuana is such a large proportion of the black market that it is impossible for what you're saying to be true. It doesn't make any fucking sense

I have literally read nigger articles about how the legal marijuana industry isn't accessible to black people.

The implication being, that it's not fair that building permits, and zoning variances, and rules and regulations and tax issues exist for grows and dispensaries. Black people are too stupid to navigate that. That's why they were selling contraband in the first place.

The additional implication being that niggers are still suck doing nigger things and not enjoying the fruits of the legal industry.

All those niggers who used to sell dime bags in Colorado?

They still exist doing nigger things.

But since he cited the thing about blacks being disproportionate this ruling only applies to blacks, right?

You're a retard. Police enforce the law. If you don't like the law vote for someone who will pass laws you like.

>we need to legalize drugs

Absolutely unrelatable to this story.

Surely this won't backfire

Meanwhile Jerome the Track Star Rapist is digging out his old running shoes.

The Ferguson Effect is real and empirically validated.

This will certainly lead to more crime.

They do dumb nigger things like work for the white guys that own the dispensary, sure. There aren't millions of bank robbers now that the pot trade is legal. You're bullshitting and you never thought this argument through.

>There aren't millions of bank robbers now that the pot trade is legal.

Did I say that?

No.

They could still be dicking with black market weed.

They could have moved onto heroin.

They could be car hopping.

They most certainly continue collecting government gibs regardless.

1,000 shiftless niggers don't just turn on a dime and enroll in communerty college.

I would put my dick in you too, just sayin'

I didn't say they became his boys trying get their life together, they probably work at McDonalds. My point is that you're talking out of your ass. There was no increase in other crimes of the magnitude of now unemployed weed dealers in Colorado after legalization to suggest you're right. You made this up, and it is wrong.

Get out of jail free card! Just kill me now.

And thus, BLM gets precisely what it wants:
Blacks get automatic immunity from law by being black.

>shoot white kid
>rape a girl
>"STOP police!"
>run away
>"O-okay, I guess we can't arrest him now"

Not everyone who goes to jail for drug-related offences is a dealer. Your argument doesn't apply at all to users, who make up the vast majority of drug offenders. Try again

>guy out on probation
>swore to obey the law or he'd go back to prison
>gets caught with a bag of weed
>sent back to jail for "drug offences"

CURSE THIS RACIST WAR ON DRUGS!!!

Are you fucking retarded, he can't detain you if you don't run and act like nothing is going on. Running away from law enforcement is suspicious behavior and should be dealt as such. Why run from someone who can't legally detain you? Stop being a fucking cuck.

Well you should be legally free to run anywhere you'd like in a public space.

I think the problem with police officers is really a vicious cycle. The force gets a bad reputation from what civilians see as overstepping some boundaries with regard to how they can apprehend a suspect, which means more reasonable folks are put-off from the idea of joining, which in turn means there's a higher concentration of folks joining for a power trip over time.

>This is fucking insane. Now Tyrone can literally get away with murder and the cop can't run after him. What the fuck
I don't know that this means that cops can't give chase; only that running cannot be the exclusive grounds for apprehending someone.

Poor blacks aren't entitled to *more* affirmative action either. I think you've actually a good point that maybe economic circumstance should be taken into consideration with respect to hiring and seats in academia.

But that's a separate issue from racial affirmative action. The purpose of the latter is to level the playing field between black and white communities. In the past, blacks faced institutional discrimination as a community.

Even if that discrimination is abolished, since wealth and social status are largely heritable, the arguably unmeritocratic influence of that discimination remains. So providing that community additional support helps to build a more meritocratic society in the long term as the cost of some meritocracy in the short-term.

It's probably worth asking how much affirmative action is enough before the playing field is "leveled". And I agree it's silly to assume perfectly proportional representation in every field in academia and industry is a silly expectation to that effect. But I think racial affirmative action has its place.

It stops being suspicious if enough folks become afraid of being wrongfully detained, because then people are likely to run for a different reason.
I agree there isn't a perfect solution; maybe a few people being wrongfully detained for a while is worth not wasting resources in catching a legitimate criminal / felon.

fuck off, pagan shithole. Go back to Cred Forums

Time to bring back segregation.

fpbp

Can I legally murder in MA? If you allow me to chimp out for a bit, I would cleanse MA of niggers.
I'm not white, I'm Slavic. That gives me enough cover, right?

so this is the power of systemic racism, i had no idea

One of the states in the US that someone suffered a dimensional shift

It came from the retard dimension

well your not >white so... i guess your right

Uhhh this is race discrimination giving one race more rights than another

As of December 31, 2013, there were approximately 1.5 million inmates in state or federal prison.

Of the 1.3 million in state prison, can you guess what percentage were there with 'drug possession' as their highest charge?

47,000, or roughly 3.5%.

This idea that we're 'locking up millions of poor innocent minorities every year because they had a joint on them' is pure fucking fiction you degenerate leftist faggot.

CHICAGO

Substandards for subhumans

>I didn't say they became his boys trying get their life together, they probably work at McDonalds. My point is that you're talking out of your ass. There was no increase in other crimes of the magnitude of now unemployed weed dealers in Colorado after legalization to suggest you're right. You made this up, and it is wrong.

Dickhead, if someone is freshly selling heroin, it's not a crime stat until he's caught.

Derrr.

Fuck this gay state.