Video game guy here again

So, I've been thinking about the Cred Forums game I mentioned last week and I think I have a good way to contrast the current social/political issues with mass immigration(invasion) going on in Europe and the batshit stupid stuff going on in the US with dundus.

2D game, side scrolling style starts(think Mario format). You're an average joe walking down a dark, city street at night when you come across a zombie that begins chasing you. Your character flees (as is subtly hinted at by the propaganda posters promoting "Running over fighting!" in the background) until he runs himself into a trapped alleyway and has no choice but to fight for his life. He kills the zombie and then is immediately arrested by the cops that show up. He is arrested for the murder of a Misunderstood.

The gambit of the game is this: Zombies are a legit thing, and certain people want to try to save them refusing to call them by standard names of "zombie, undead, monster, etc" and choose to call them "Misunderstoods" as their loved ones are surely still there inside them somehow, and we just need to figure out how to cure them and maybe re-attach some limbs and suture some organs back in place(Showing the mental gymnastics and sheer ridiculousness of the situations).

The game is survival based(This war of Mine) in which the player has to find some way to stay alive in this insane place where his job puts him in situations where he'll have to go to the neighborhoods of the Misunderstood to reclaim certain things/do certain things.

What do you guys think?

I like it! Go for it. Love to see what you end up with.

just make some tumblr tale clone to cover up the fact that you probably cant draw / animate for shit, make it an app and scam Cred Forums stormfags for ~2$ each

Oh, no doubt I'm going to have to buy any and all art assets. I can code for years, but my attempts at art would put you in therapy.

This is the first legitimate compliment I've gotten here since the election season started. Thank you.

Great idea, I hope you finish it someday!

If you have any ideas on some possible conflicts the character may come across in the bad neighborhoods or how it may influence him at home I'd appreciate it.

>This Cuck of Mine

10/10

You could add sweden levels of propaganda and denial into it. Make it seen that the "misunderstood" are actually steadily growing in number, but any breakout of their savage nature is hidden by news and such.

For an extra dagger in the gut, have child-like characters that fully have swallowed this brainwashing, and routinely get slaughtered by the zoggers.

Nigger you need to go outside.

>this is what soulsfags actually believe

and the rich people are unleashing them on middle class neighborhoods, while they live in safe gated communities. Whan an area is totally dead, or the inhabitants are driven away, they lure the zombies away and buy the land for next to nothing.

Show the zombies being explicitly used for class warfare.

Obligated graveyard visits.

Everyone has to visit graveyards and look at all the shining diversity and the values the "Misunderstood" have brought to the country.

If you want to be obvious, every few years a historical figure is """"""mysteriously found""""""" to have been a "Misunderstood".

1) I think that would be pretty awesome. As time progresses the levels could get naturally more dangerous as their numbers grow. Make the prime time stories on the news about cutesy things involving one Misunderstood in particular who is really a normal person in disguise(maybe with a mental disorder to explain the idiosyncrasies).

2) I think that would be a great centerpiece to a level. You are tasked with finding someone's lost photo or something and you take these stupid jobs as the murder of the Misunderstood earlier means you can't get a normal job, so you have to break the law and break into the Misunderstood neighborhoods that were taken over. When you're there one time you find several kids in trouble and you try to return with them a la Sheltered.

Holy hell that'd be amazing to explore. Thank you.

im glad someone else said it. i was expecting the comic to make a similarity between just easily handing a child victory and souls. shit is casual weeaboo trash

Wow this is actually a great idea. If I could do art I'd help you out but I got nothing :( Anyway I can help?

Add me on Skype and check on me every so often? :D Seriously though having people to bounce ideas off of is a tremendous help. As well as playtesters. It's way easier to fix a problem early on.

do it faggot

The thing about using video games as an art medium for political discourse is that these days, many devs do it for the art and forget about the game.

Ensure your gameplay mechanics are solid first and foremost, and isn't incredibly simple or repetitive

Only Reddit tier casuls say DS is hard though.
Souls is my favorite saga, but Ninja Gaiden black for example in higher difficulties is way more harder and demanding.

Oh for sure. I'm not Anita Sarkeesian. I do have some standards of game design.

>mfw i speedrun that casually