Why do americans have such a hard-on for this faggot?

Why do americans have such a hard-on for this faggot?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6lIqNjC1RKU
youtube.com/watch?v=imjL8dfJVkA
youtube.com/watch?v=o6O3rKQfCF0
youtube.com/watch?v=tpH5L8zCtSk
youtube.com/watch?v=VtlO39wIRWs
youtube.com/watch?v=5D5ruUmFRmo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

FUCKING DUTCH CUNTTTTT
SAGE RETARDED THREAD

He was just someone I could have a beer with ya know? Thats all I care about in a president.

WIN ONE FOR THE GIPPER

Because he's portrayed as the ideal conservative, when in reality, he was a globalist corporatist who passed gun control laws, was the first president to give amnesty to illegals, and set the stage for the neocons to take over.

The U.S. presidency had become a shitshow since JFK was assassinated

Because he was an amazing actor

That explains a lot.

Because he was a good president. Regardless of what liberal educated alt-right faggots say .

And what did he do that made him a good President?

Anybody who likes the green jellybeans is alright in my book.

Turned the Republican party into a bastion of 70-IQ Jesus freaks who prefer anti-faggot laws over a good economy and healthy patriotism.

Ended the cold war and gave us a booming economy.

This was a good thing until they mixed Christianity with muh true conservatism and decided illegals and anchor babies were just Republicans led astray by Democrat lies and that we need to die for Israel

Reagan was a good president though, because he was pro-white and pro-Christian and didn't suck jew cock

Only Cuckservatives have a hard on for Reagan

He wasn't bad himself, I just hate how every generic conservative promotes himself as next Reagan

>and didn't suck jew cock

>literally the father of globalist neocons, with Thatcher as the mother
>not sucking Jew cock

So when Democrats tell you that Clinton wuz gud president who balanced the budget and GWB was shit president who increased the debt do you believe them?

Clinton had a Republican House after 1994, Bush had a Democrat House after 2006 which pushed through the bailouts. Hence the differences in spending.

During Reagan's entire term the Democrats controlled Congress and hence everything he passed for them was a compromise to get something he wanted in return.

If Trump wins he will be what Reagan wanted to be, because Congress will be Republican.

SHINING CITY ON THE HILL

He told Israel to fuck off more than once

The neocons are a separate thing started by the Jews which infiltrated the Republicans under the guise of being crusaders against communism. Reagan had very little in common with them beyond that. It was no coincidence that Reagan was pro-South Africa and that his neocon VP Bush was anti-South Africa. Reagan was pro-white, neocons are anti-white.

Since Obama shit the bed and Johnson was shit and too far in the past and Clinton's legacy is being annihilated by Hillary soon Democrats won't have any candidate they can call the "next X" without going back to Truman.

Trump is going to replace Reagan as the Republican party's go-to guy when talking about who will be the "next X".

It's a litmus test for retarded people.

>Only Cuckservatives have a hard on for Reagan

Quit being a faggot op

Look, m8, it doesn't really matter what he was personally pro or anti. What matters is what the country changed under his reign and what the more far-reaching consequences are. And let's face it, they fucking suck, minus the whole ending the Soviet Union thing.

>Because he was a good president.
>Gun grabber
>Granting 5 million illegals amnesty
>Ruined our economy with (((trickle down economics)))
>Set mental healthcare back decades
>Enacted no fault divorce
>Turned the War on Drugs up to 11
>Destroyed the governments of half a continents because MUH KOMMIEZ
>Funded and armed (((Afghan rebels))) that would go on to become AL Queada
>Iran-Contra
Reagan was literally the worst president we've had since Wilson. Even Obama and Bush weren't as incompetent as Reagan

He and Maggie crushed the Soviet threat

>This was a good thing until they mixed Christianity with muh true conservatism

Goldwater warned against this. This turned a lot of the moderate leftists in the country away from the GOP because of how alienating it was to see fire and brimstone evangelicals like Falwell chumming it up publically with Republicans.

If only we had listened to Goldwater.

This

>ending the Soviet Union
Reagan did nothing to end Soviet Union. Soviets didn't really increase defense spending much, despite popular myth.
Soviet Union died from within, for mostly political reasons, though economy played a part of course.
Even in late 80's most people in West didn't expect it to fall quickly. Claiming Reagan did it is idiotic.

>Trump
>Reagan
It's like comparing a renowned former president of the screen actors guild and articulate spokesman for American to Bonzo.

>35% of people polled are Cuckservatives
How does this disprove my claim exactly?

He was the last decent president before the Clinton bush dynasties took over. Wasn't perfect, but was good especially when you compare him to a piece of garbage like Obama.

>believes even half of this
k

>And let's face it, they fucking suck, minus the whole ending the Soviet Union thing.
Radical Islam ended the Soviet Union.

Once the Azerbaijani kababs started impaling Armenian men and raping Armenian children it was all over for the USSR as a union.

He kept jellybeans on his desk for us kids, and we knew it. Whenever the President was depicted in Saturday morning cartoons, he too always had jellybeans on his desk, and we knew that Reagan was also our cartoon president as well as our real president, because of the jellybeans.

brainwashing
ppl who remember that asshole know it's all bs

youtube.com/watch?v=6lIqNjC1RKU

Killer Mike telling it like it is, fuck Reagan

>I do not have an argument
Thanks for playing though, champ

You don't know how to read a poll. Congratulations.

Arming mujahedeen started with Carter. Drug was was retarded. "Trickle down" correlation doesn't necessarily mean causation. Look at the globalists who came immediately after him. Wars and conflicts set up to enrich donors and themselves. Trade deals to do the same. You can't say he was worse than Obama or you have brain damage. All presidents between Reagan and now haven't been a choice. Every "choice" would have done the same things because they were globalist puppets. Obama does that and takes it a bit further.

I know you guys are right, but in the mind of an average American, Reagan is the one that ended it, and that's the subject of the discussion.

He gave invasion licence (commonly euphemised as "amnesty") to 15 million illegals. NOTHING CAN MAKE UP FOR THAT.

Cause he brought tanks in to smash hippies and doesn't afraid of anything

Jobs

Well you did say the trickle down meme. That's kind of like kikebook/Tumblr tier. Arming terrorists wasn't and still isn't anything new, it's just they werent thought of as a threat back then... now we have all the history of them being a global threat and Obama still arms them. Kind of tough to argue with someone who can't use basic logic.

youtube.com/watch?v=imjL8dfJVkA

>I know you guys are right, but in the mind of an average American, Reagan is the one that ended it, and that's the subject of the discussion.
They're not right, though. They simply want to credit singular things that aren't Reagan, and you're eager to confirm that so to confirm your bias, even though their singular things are two entirely different things that aren't Reagan.

Ever notice how when people are asked to rank presidents, they always give these vague answers/rationales?

Ronald Reagan created the problems we have today, he was a tool for the big banks just like every president after him. Things got better under Clinton for a while then went to shit near the end of the second term.

>Well you did say the trickle down meme.
Would you prefer Voodoo Economics or stagflation?
>Arming terrorists wasn't and still isn't anything new
So that makes it okay?

He's nicknamed the archangel of conservatism, he basically saved the Republican party from becoming a meme. He is portrayed in america ad being a stalwart defender of the free market and our archetypal enemy of communism. He did a lot of shit like cut funding for programs and give tons of cash and tax breaks to the Super wealthy. Coincidentally, crime surged in his era, so to combat this he built more prisons than any other president in US history and threw everyone in jail. He was basically Cred Forums, the president.

>brainwashing
>ppl who remember that asshole know it's all bs

Everybody was brainwashed by the media to like the conservative icon, evidently, or brainwashed in the public schools that totally aren't hotbeds of liberal conceits by teacher's unions members.

ronald reagan was a kike puppet

>this delusion

youtube.com/watch?v=o6O3rKQfCF0

For what it's worth I'd like to offer what I, a simple working-class Americans, believe why Ronald Reagan was so popular.

My father was from rural Tennessee. He was dirt poor and lived in the all black neighborhood. He didn't have a pair of real shoes until he was 12 years old. His dad was a traveling salesman in that job lead him to California. When the work dried up they went back to Tennessee but they left him out in California to fend for himself.

He never held a real job. He work at gas stations and just got by, despite being very well educated, valedictorian and class president.

Fast forward to the 80s. Reagan enters the scene and offers a different type of economic plan. The concept is that the more money you have the more money you spend. Business starts picking up especially in the development, real estate, and construction fields.

My dad starts building patio covers for $500 a shot. Before long he's bidding bigger jobs.

By 1985, he is the largest general contractor in our area. He is building Public Works infrastructure including schools, prisons, and even aerospace buildings. Jobs up to 90 million in budget.

Within the decade he is a multimillionaire. Just a simple man who worked hard. He employed over 40 people full-time, not to mention all the subcontractors and hundreds of ancillary jobs he created. This was all because businesses do that with lower corporate taxes they can develop better and invest into infrastructure.

I can't speak to what he did with amnesty or anything else like that, but I know a lot of people who share our experiences.

That's a whole lot of words to say absolutely fucking nothing at all. Are you perchance a PR person for one of the parties?

sorry, I meant to say it was all the fault of the liberal teacher's unions and poor ppl

Because people falsely attribute many positive things to him. Despite what the average cuckservative thinks Ronny had nothing to with the death of East Germany and the USSR for example. If anything the USSR thought he was a psycho moron.

From the same state that brought us Governor Shwarzenegger.

It said a great deal, that you are of a mind to simultaneous confirm two alternative, competing (non-Reagan) reasons for the breakup of the USSR and the end of the cold war.

And it wasn't said with a whole lot of words. It was two sentences. >>>/twitter/.

only good president we had in over 100 years

youtube.com/watch?v=tpH5L8zCtSk

This kind of progress can happen under any president, and does.
The only reason Reagan is viewed so favorable is because HW Bush bailed his ass out. HW tried to continue what Reagan had done and ride out the economic boom. "No new taxes he said." Then a little into his term he and all his advisors realized Reagans tax cuts were not viable in the long term and had to raise them. Rather than stick to what he said, HW did what he had to do and took the fall for Reagans shitty policies. HW was a better conservative than Reagan.

>And it wasn't said with a whole lot of words. It was two sentences.

Two sentences with zero points or coherent arguments is a pretty bad ratio. Which is what you did again, congrats.

evil
youtube.com/watch?v=VtlO39wIRWs

I remember him too
we must slaughter the poor fighting for a better life or the commies win

Yeah so good how he destroyed the middle and lower class with trickle down economics

Because we're idiots.

And this is probably why the other guy didn't bother to comment. You're beyond saving. Go back to r/politics.

>>>/leftypol/

Someone who has to speculate on the authenticity of an conflicting opinion is obviously not an authority as to what constitutes a coherent argument.

Not surprisingly, that happens a lot in these kinds of threads.

>Why do americans have such a hard-on for this faggot?
Mainly because he brought back a sense of nationalistic pride that had long been missing for most Americans. He was known as the "great communicator" for a reason. He could explain to a blue collar worker why he should vote for a republican when they usually support the opposition party. He also saw a possible conservative coalition that hadn't existed before that included socially conservative democrats. Regan is usually associated with Bush neocons but having Bush Sr. as VP was actually to appease the establishment neocons of the day.

He's alright but he's no Bill Clinton

best republican president in the last 50 years

>destroyed the middle class
>dog bless

Just mentioning his name pisses of liberals, so I like him, even though he was too moderate and big government for my taste.

He kinda toppled the Sovjet Union

His wife was a crazy bitch and he died in the worst way possible, alzheimers. The guy stopped being ronald reagan in 1994-5 when it really got him.

myth, he probably made it last longer by scaring the hardliners in the old s/u

"Just look at all these beautiful white face"

>Someone who has to speculate on the authenticity of an conflicting opinion is obviously not an authority as to what constitutes a coherent argument.

>still literally saying nothing

cuckservatives, everyone

This. Finally someone sees this logically.
So many people praise him because he hated commies.

Actually I don't know if he was a good president, but he was an iconic one. If you think in the 80s you think in Reagan.

He did what he was told to do. He was a good boy

I don't. He and greenspan saddled my generation with enormous debt.

But he and the neocons believe that he single handedly crushed the Soviets.

The truth is, he simply put on additional pressure to what was an already failing union.

Democrats fucking love him now and Clinton is using his legacy against Trump, contrasting the two in ads. I'm just waiting for the inevitable ad of Reagan saying tear down this wall while Trump says build a wall.

Honestly, most people I know who are old enough to remember the era say that he was overall good for the country, but he definitely made a lot of mistakes.

>even though he was too moderate and big government for my taste
He never had the congress to go along with his vision. And then there was his priority list:

The myth is that it was inevitable that the Soviet Union would collapse of its own accord. There's no rationality to that; hardline regimes have mechanisms to keep the order, given that no external pressures are exerted to undermine their authority.

Only, the external pressure Reagan planned for wasn't just proxy war battlefield confrontations, it was multi-faceted; it was social, through speaking for the rights of dissident within, supporting the papacy in Poland & the union movement there. It was strategic, in bulking the navy, the nuclear forces and putting Europe in the mix as to positioning of our arsenal over the strong opposition of a soviet led "peace" movement. It was philosophical, to deny even the smallest adversarialism to go unchecked (Grenada).

Primary to his design was to outpace the eastern bloc economically, showing up the Politburo within their own borders by proving to their subjects how much more was to be had under capitalism, amplified by our own strong propaganda effort aimed directly at their people, while luring the wavering countries of the non-aligned bloc to western markets, denying trade opportunities to strategic opponents.

The "myth" is that there was no rhyme or reason to Reagan's actions, and that simple fate was on our side.

A. Fucking. Commie. Leaf.

It says a thing that those opposed to what one says will do everything they can to deny that the thing is being said.

Kind of like leftists, in that.

>pointing out American foreign policy ruining continents

nice try mohammed
why don't you go rape some dutch girls, instead of discrediting one of the greatest politicians of the 20th century

This, cuckservatives love him because he made them feel good and won in a landslide

Greenspan was appointed by bush 41 iirc

Soviet Union would collapse of its own accord.
yeah, how could anyone trust what they themselves say.
keep believing in fairytales

Greenspan was appointed in the last year of Reagan's presidency. Which is immaterial to the referenced user's misbegotten point of from where our debt amassed. At the end of Reagan's two terms, for all that it accomplished as a result of compromise with an opposition party insistent that government grow even as it waged a , it was two trillion dollars.

$2,000,000,000,000

Today, accrued in the timespan of a world without the Soviet Union, it is seventeen trillion.

$17,000,000,000,000

Stop blaming Reagan and the cold war for our debt, ya dumb lib / alt-right shitters.

Because not everyone got indoctrinated to be a retard at a left wing university

reagan tripled the debt

>even as it waged a
a global cold war
>but you got that, right?

>we take the revisionist excuse making of histories losers as trvth

>Which is immaterial to the referenced user's misbegotten point of from where our debt amassed.
Which is immaterial to the referenced user's misbegotten point (and now yours) of from where our debt amassed.

>all this bait
Gotta love when faggots who have never lived in America try to tell us who was and wasn't a good president.
Ray ray was an ok president, in comparison to the people who followed him and came before him he was an amazing president.
That's all.
He did a lot of good things and we had a nice few years when he left, before Clinton came in and abused the system leaving us with so much debt that we had a repression.

He wasn't actually amazing though, just good.

Reagan wasn't a nationalist, he was a free trader extremist globalist. He's the guy that started up this whole outsourcing jobs to China that Clinton continued, and in our case he's the one that put corrupt bought puppets that brought American "LIVE IN THE MOMENT" cancerous individualist hedonism to our culture and to our economy.

>Reagan is charge of people's ethics
Wow. And here I thought presidents don't actually control much of anything, that they're just puppets.

Why do faggy Canadians have a hard on for Obama?

reagan was a protectionist
he wanted freetrade for everyone else but protected us corporations

we don't, he was better that mccain or romeny tho

No Reagan didn't single-handedly bring down traditionalist culture gradually, his policies started the process down the road though. As any extremist free trader, I'm pretty sure he had no idea what he was doing and was convinced the wealth would 'trickle down'.

Because even senial he was better then all the other presidents that followed.

and clinton will probably be better then trump
but not by much

yeah

4 billion in debt into 2 trillion in debt during his presidency.

W
E
W

turned the us from the biggest lender to the biggest debtor

>It's almost like running a global proxy war and arms race against the USSR cost money.

Because while not perfect, he was objectively the best president in modern history for the US and the West.

youtube.com/watch?v=5D5ruUmFRmo

Don't forget the economy fixed itself a year later, but clinton got the credit for it

>its the Reagan started free trade episode again

Noice. "Trickle down," as an aside, is the terminology of those opposed to Reagan's economic model (not just his, but anyone who has a "traditionalist" view of economics). And the lots of nearly every American did in fact rise during the Reagan era.

The only good thing he did was topple the Soviets, which was a huge thing, but the thing is the globalist internationalist system he was fighting for isn't that much better. His other policies were also insane. The War on Drugs is one of the most retarded things imaginable. Making something extremely valuable and sought after, making drug dealers some of the richest cunts in the world, and creating entire armies that fight each other over it is the complete opposite of stopping drug use.

Ultimately he was just a cuckservative, pretending to be for conservative values while undermining all traditionalism. Why would anyone trust a Hollywood actor?

give me a 2 trillion dollar credit card and I'll show everyone a good time too

>The only good thing he did was topple the Soviets,
even if it was only in the minds of fools?

Because the 80s were the highest point in the recent history of this country. The 70s were trying to become the 80s. The 90s were trying to be like the 80s. The new millenium is a clusterfuck.

Just look at art, music, films, etc. Half of the shit that hits theaters is a reboot or sequel of an 80s film. Contemporary art and music are beginning to adopt a retro-futuristic spin on 80s aesthetics.

Reagan was President from 1981 to 1989. He's great by association. That and every president since Reagan has been a complete joke. Not that Reagan was particularly great himself, it's just that he was mildly competent and was in office during the "Golden Age."

>muh 2 trillion is the end of the world, and what was done with that 2 trillion is not important to anything

Meanwhile, you're here spreading vids from those who supported the next 15.

thanks for speaking for me

we had choices, either more republican policies or less shitty ones

if one sides decides to drive us all over a cliff and the other says it won't, which one would you pick?

nothing has changed in 40 years

You are disrespecting Teddy Roosevelt and Martin Van Buren. Kill yourself.

>Reagan began the war on drugs
It's like people forget there was prohibition.

His talks with Gorbachev also had a lot to do with the peace collapse of the SU. And in many ways the US fucked up big time under Reagan by kicking the SU when it was down, rather than helping it. Had we not acted the way we did, perhaps things would be better today

Bush 41 was a compromised-ticket piece of shit who inherited Reagan's victory, then decided on his own to go for world hegemony while doing nothing to turn back the welfare state that's combined given us today's monumental debt. Your theory that he was the more laudable conservative is laughable, as is the implication that Gorbachev had a choice in the matter or that the world may have been better off with an aggrandizing Soviet state.

>And the lots of nearly every American did in fact rise during the Reagan era.

Yeah, temporarily. Now even those without useless degrees can barely find themselves a job if they aren't a NYC lawyer's or businessman's son, or if you want to go into labour/service, good fucking luck because all those go to illegals. Dindus in Europe, spics in America.

Well, I didn't claim he started it, Nixon did, but prohibition had ended long before both of them.

>Nixon
>13%

this is retarded

Do you have any idea of how Reagan picked Bush you fucktard? Reagan was planning on picking Ford, Ford told Tom Brokaw he wanted a co presidency on TV. Reagan got pissed, called it off, and called bush, who was drinking at a bar.

Look. A ton of stuff gets laid at Reagan's feet for whatever reason by those who are politically opposed to him which don't belong there, and the technology / information revolution is just another in a long line. You may as well go back and blame FDR or Truman for ENIAC, but you'd be just as wrong-headed to do so.

The point was that being against drugs is a societal ethic and an issue that both anteceded and succeed Reagan, even Nixon, who is closer in time to the specific drug policies we do still enforce. Like much of everything Reagan get principle blame for by enemies of his views on government, what we doll out for in the drug war is orders of magnitude more than it was under him.

You didn't counter a thing I said.

If you look at what everyone has to say above - he made things happen. Unlike Obama, who will forever be the first black president... and that's about it.