Why can't Millennial women cook?

Same goes with Millennial men

UberEATS

>[citation needed]

UberEATS

Because they're too busy working on their careers and climbing the corporate ladder, shitlord.

A lot of us had parents that rarely would cook. Especially those raised by single mothers.

Food is easy to get cheap, else where. I still like to cook, though.

What is Uber eats? Grubhub?

Women and men don't really learn how to cook until they're feeding more than themselves.

t. grew up in big family and was the steak mistress

We're too busy slaving away in university because there aren't enough entry level jobs to go around.
We don't have time to learn to fucking cook

what skills do women have at all other than running their fucking mouths 24/7

eh?
white girls dont cook because:
homemaking got thrown in the trash
this
girls dont work in kitchens because its dirty and hot, only people my age who can cook are males

fuckin aussie, you should already know how when you leave the house.
good shitpost

I'm a millennial and I've been described as the Brock Lesnar of pancakes.

>inb4 get back into the kitchen
Sigh. More misogynist filth. Why do I bother coming here?

Specialization.
If I hate cooking (and I do) and someone else doesn't, I'd rather do something else and pay them to cook, and they'd rather be paid to cook than do something else.
Win-win.

Cooking is just a fucking pain in the ass for only a moderate improvement in your life. Plus when you're experimenting with new shit it will often end up tasting off by being burnt or inappropriately seasoned.

Microwaves.

i live with my mom and im not allowed to use the stove bc i might burn myself

They're too busy fucking constantly.
I thank god I was born in 96, maybe I'll be able to get snag one of those young Gen Z'ers before they rot like women my age.

I'm millenial dude and I can cook great.

Because it's not like that you use them, millenial women are only to fuck

I love cooking though. Millenials are more likely to be into cooking and food than Gen xers

> Millennial men
I'm a better cook then most of Cred Forums , considering it's my job

"Muh female empowerment"

Speak for yourself, nigger.
My girlfriend and I just made hand-breaded pork chops, homemade Alfredo pizza, a roast, hasselback chicken, and steak fajitas in which I made the seasoning myself.
That's only over the last week.
I love trying out new recipes and so does she.
Dont apply your shitty generalization to us, you fucking toenail.

I can cook. I can't smoke a good juicy brisket or bake a 2 foot cake but I can cook good meals by myself.

So you eat the stuff you fucked up, learn from it, and make it better the next time. You can't get discouraged from making further delicious omelettes just because you fucked up one omelette.

>literally throw 3 ingredients into a pan

step up your game senpai

>Chef at Wendy's

Anglos are unable to cook

>Same goes with Millennial men
I work in a very nice restauraunt you fucking nigger.

describes my sister perfectly, the slut can't even boil instant rice correctly, I had to show her how. She's a coal-burning graphic designer workoholic.

>We don't have time to learn to fucking cook
then make time. Learning how to cook and budget an effective grocery bill will save you hundres of dollars/ month.

It's so easy to cook at the basic level with pressure cookers and prefab food that people got no motivation to learn to cook better.

I know i don't bother tryharding soups anymore since pressure cooker can do them good enough.

I know how to cook like a master.

People are just fucking stupid.

Cooking is oppression. Strong womyn should never be forced to learn how to cook.

I cook better than my mom, but I'm not very good at making stuff from scratch and usually just look up receipes online

Their parents are shit.

French are unable to be prosperous and not import muslims ^_^

A man can't live on 5 dollar store bought meals for the rest of his life.

men aren't supposed to cook anything complex unless they're chefs

(((graphic designer)))

yup

why do you post threads about millenials every day
kill yourself

Because pop culture has made it cool to be a gross, disgusting blob with a horrible personality, who wants a 10 when you're a -4

>Millennial man here
I can certainly cook
Of course if you don't like spicy things you probably won't like my cooking. I like to make spicy things.
Also every woman I have ever dated has been pretty good at cooking.

of course you can buddy

Cred Forums spotted a female poster

subtle bomb banter?

Asceticism, as part of riding the tiger.

step it up to the next level, make partisan bread without a mixer

It's even funnier because we're jews from Boston kek.

It depends on culture.

They were never taught to cook.

That's a pretty big sweeping generalization, nigger.

The better question is why men are cooking more than women

> user, try this recipe.

This what?

> Recipe. It's a set of precisely written instructions for reliably making the same dish every time you cook it.

UNPOSSIBLE!

How the fuck is a graphic designer a workaholic? What do they even do all day? Draw squiggly lines?

Cooking is relaxing and a great skill to have. I basically had to show my wife fucking everything but now she is pretty competent in the kitchen.

I'm still a much better cook though and she knows it. Now we just work as a team making dinner, but she will occasionally ask me to do something if she's unsure about it.

I don't know shit about cooking. Every single day I eat either rice or salad. Im okay with it though. There's a lot of stuff you can do with rice. Eggs over rice, chicken/salmon and rice, burrito bowls, curry rice, or just plain rice in chicken broth.

1989 here. I can cook. It's the only true way to /fit/ness desu.
My mother never cooked because she was terrible at it. She had a few things here or there that she could cook, but they always turned out wrong.
But cooking is incredibly easy. Just put stuff on hot surface and wait. For more complex recipes, just follow the instructions.
I made a bunch of bread for my friends and family last year; it was great.

I will admit, however, that a lot of my millennial friends are awful cooks. They never try it, but they just assume they can do it without any practice. I end up having to eat things like awful/burnt meatloaf because my friends cannot seem to follow instructions.

This thread is wrong and you should feel wrong.

good, cheap, and fast

pick two

In most cases they pick cheap and fast which means a shit ton of petty work

Then check on it often and you won't fucking burn it.
I really don't understand how people can burn food so often.
Like, just check on it every now and then, jfc

well it's like that in Italy cus we aint cuk'd

>Men main breadwinner
>Women main breadcooker

>Women main breadwinner
>Men main breadcooker

All that happened is roles are reversing. Its kind of funny now that I think about it, men need to work with their hands and bodies, they don't want to or cannot do tradeswork, the next best thing is men become house husbands en masse because its work that is actually closer to real work then going to college then working on a computer.

but what do they DO
Am I right about the squiggly lines? I've always associated "graphic design" with abstract non-art.

What's your favorite thing to cook?

Mine's stir-fry.

Spreading their legs and rent-seeking.

Cereal.

they don't set timers, every person I know that burns food doesn't set a timer for anything. Then they walk off and do something else and forget about it until they smell burning

Hnnnnggg!!

How is cooking a good brutal meal sign of being cuk'd?

Why the fuck do people always say that they don't have time to cook? Everyone always says they don't have time to do anything yet will talk about how they binge watched some shitty show on Netflix for 8 hours

>ive always associated "graphic design" with abstract non-art.
They design graphics, are you a fucking idiot? Think about the job title for a half a second.
GRAPHIC
DESIGNER
Every time you look at something, a soda bottle, a billboard, an ad in a magazine, a splash for a new car, a header for a website, whatever it's a GRAPHIC that had to be DESIGNED

We've been corrupted. A lot of people think the lack of art and effort is what creates degenerates, I think that degenerates are what create a lack of effort.

Graphic design deals with typography layouts, illustrations, and branding

Advertising is the main thing designers deal with; they often have to think-tank ways to promote a service or product

It's a lot more technical than that. She does wireframing page layouts for entire companies and builds in guidance systems that help a user land from one page to another, builds app interfaces, catalogs & creates design tool libraries for other departments within the company, and a lot of UX (user experience) design work. Most people have no idea what UX is but it's actually pretty fucking important in a lot of tech industries. Say if you are using an online banking system, or you go to some website/ app that guides you through a setup process, she's the one who builds that and makes it easy to use with very little instruction. Makes $80k/ year.

Still though I wish she'd settle down, get married, and have kids before her eggs rot.

>then make time.

Fuck I hate assholes that come out with this line, time creation is impossible, there will only ever be 24 hours to each day.

I love to cook......unhealthy comfort food or gourmet meals, but I always end up with enough to feed a small army. I also have a tendency to over spend at the grocery store if I am preparing meals. For example I justify ten dollar cheeses to incorporate to feel guilty about later, and six dollar loaves of deli breads for french toast and sandwiches. Also, fresh fruits and vegetables are so expensive. So, when grocery shopping it is cheaper just to plan on eating cereal, grab a bag of salad mix, and a few cans of soup, or just go out and grab a dollar taco for dinner.

>be at work
>talking to a woman I work with
>we're both mid-20s
>somehow get on the topic of food
>she can't cook fried eggs
>doesn't know the difference between sun side up and over easy
>doesn't know how to make mashed potatoes either
>doesn't know how to make mac and cheese without getting it from a box

You certainly seem to have plenty of time to shitpost on Cred Forums

I do UX & UI design along with branding.
I'm not going to tell some user on the internet about how fucking broad this job title is.

The catering where I work is too good

What seriously?

I was going to post in this thread a joke saying. "i can cook. I put the package in the microwave and hit start." Then I saw this ubereats thing and I realized millenials can't even drive to go to the grocery store and are too lazy to even ride a bicycle.

We are living in the worst period of human history, and being born in the 90s is a literal curse. I was born just at the right time to be a relatively functional human. I can cook and taste and know how to use spices. Cooking only requires that you be creative, and millrnials have no individual creativity but rely on crowdsourcing ideas.

so they literally draw squiggly lines all goddamn day
no wonder it's always women going into that shit, sounds easy

How to cook:

google "how to cook X"

Replace X with food you want to cook

It's that fucking easy

>eating the restauraunt jew 24/7
expensive and unhealthy. As someone who works in a decent kitchen, you have no fucking clue the amount of shit we pump into you. You'll come to regret it in 20-something years when your health is failing. Do you know what that white thickening powder does to you?

fucking kek this too

I just go by what she tells me. You guys really are the jack of all trades.

They've been pretty useless for longer than that, m8. I love cooking, which has been a plus for my past two steadies. Neither could cook a thing; however, I did teach my last ex how to cook bacon and eggs and how to cook some chicken tenderloins and throw in a bowl with spring mix, tomato, and some dressing. She was fuckin' proud as hell once I taught her that. Even started referring to herself as "old fashioned", which was a hoot because she swore like a sailor, and I basically got her through a cheating scenario. She'll make an amazing addition to some dude's life down the road.

>get pan
>throw oil in pan
>get meat
>season meat
>throw meat in pan
>wait a bit
>eat the final product

Nicely put, this can be applied to anything in life, really.

Also, there's no greater pleasure than eating a delicious omelette that you made yourself :P

the experience i have is that millennial women can't cook for shit

on the other hand, millenial men, got their shit figured out and are just living without women

>tfw have to know how to cook to impress women
>tfw have to be house husbando now

feminists must be having the time of their lives. They can fuck as much as they want, all men spend their money on them, it's just incredible to be a woman right now.

I guess they deserve their time, if we're honest about it.

Because a lot of the time they aren't doing the cooking. Many re used to having their parents cook for them so never bother to learn themselves. I learned when I went to uni because I didn't want to eat shit/pre made food for the rest of my life or waste money.

Here is a recipe devised by my very own self
>2 large(size of your fist) potatoes
>2-3 rashers of bacon
>half a fists volume of cheese

Peel and chop your potatoes up and stick them in a pan to boil then return in 10 minutes.Now you want to finely chop(not grate) up your cheese and bacon then fry your bacon until crispy.

Once your bacon is fried take it off the head and leave it too cool. By now your potatoes will be nice and soft so take them off the heat then drain and mash them. Once mashed leave to cool for 5-10 mins.

Now add your cheese and bacon into the mash and mix thoroughly. Now that they are mixed together use your hands to shape them into little cakes (like a hockey puck) they should be no thinker than your thumb and no wider than the length of your finger. The amounts listed should make 6 cakes.

Slap them all on a baking tray and put them under the grill at 200 degrees (C) for 10 mins each side. Congratulations you now have some tasty potato cakes that go well with nice veg.

Once eaten you can return to officially complain about English "Food"

>I guess they deserve their time, if we're honest about it.

a fucking leaf

>Be me back in my early 20s
>Was taught cooking by grandparents & even great-grandparents
>Had my own place and 19yr old gf at the time
>On way how from work one day decide to stop and buy groceries for dinner
>Cook up a badass meatloaf, mashed potatoes, biscuts&gravy, the works
>gf stops by unannounced
>Looks at me wide-eyed like I'm performing some ancient archaic magic ritual
>Eat dinner, she loves it
>Fucks my brains out, she loves it
>Constantly asks me to cook dinner
>Constantly tell her I don't feel like it tonight
>Break up with her because she's a leech
>Feelsgoodman.png

I like that women aren't all boring housewives, it's good if they are getting more interests beside cooking and cleaning. Thing is OP is probably a dumb fuck neckbeard who doesn't deserve a good chick anyway.

Autist here. Cooking is basically science. Takes me minimum second try to perfect anything after following instructions the first time.
However even if I can cook, how and what I eat may not even appeal to the average person.
Example: sauteed beet greens with lemon, sweet potatoes with brown sugar, sweet onion and mushroom topped over filet mignon cooked rare.

Most people won't eat what I eat.

For me it is relaxing to cook something and let my thoughts flow on strange routes while I am at it.
And doing something standing for a change is nice when you mainly just sit behind computer screen.

Go fusion, learn how the ingredients and methods mix and free yourself.

Will say your sister made the right decision to focus on UX. That's where the money is right now.

Why would I make a story like that up?

I hate to be that guy but literally every non white girl I've been with knew how to cook and made me spaghetti and shit

I don't think this is a "millennial" problem

I've spent the past two years learning to cook, I try out a new recipe at least once a week.
I've definitely improved, but there are still some disasters. I'm not good at doing it without making a huge mess. Every time I cook I imagine myself making food for my future husband and hoping that I'll be very good at it one day.

I think the issue stems from modern parenting, parents simply don't teach their children proper life skills. I can't recall a time that my Mom actively taught me how to make food.
Women used to all hang out in the kitchen together, it all sort of ended in the 70's.

>Break up with her because she's a leech
Its all well and good knowing how to cook but this is right its a give and take situation you cant expect someone be the sole cook.

One hundred years ago, gentlemen didn't cook, they ate meals at their club. Even working class men did this.

Cooking was the reserve of actual cooks; most people did not own ovens. If you wanted something baked or roasted, you had to take it to the bakers on the High Street.

Commoners cauldron cooked over open fires, sure, but that wasn't strictly speaking cooking. You had to be rich as shit to have what we'd consider a kitchen today, and even then you'd have staff to do the actual cooking. The domestics ate the remains of the food they served to Upstairs.

Then the 50s came along with the concept of the all-inclusive kitchen for the middle classes, which eventually filtered down to the working classes two decades later.

Home Cooking is a relatively modern past time.

Doesn't matter, most millennials are so caught up in self-image and selfies they just puke it back up.

This man gets it.

> 23
> Cook all the time
> Roast ready to go as we speak
> Time to cut the taters

Ya all millennials are shit

>made me spaghetti and shit
Boiling noodles and microwaving canned pasta sauce, amazing.
When special needs "people" are learning to cook, this is what they are taught to do.

Throw in some raw chilli peppers, carrots and garlic next time.

>eats ground beef and nothing else

Is she proud of the choker or the hoodie?

>Do you know what that white thickening powder does to you?
It's called cornstarch, retard

>But cooking is incredibly easy.
it takes experience, it's easy to say that when you've been cooking for a while. i've been doing it 15 years, so it's easy to say that. my mom worked, and cooked a multi course meal 6 1/2 days of the week when i was growing up.

i wonder how much consistent practice you need to get up to speed.

well it still takes some techniques that you and i take for granted. some off the top of my head:

recipes don't teach the concept of pan heat (different pans conduct heat differently, and spread out heat differently).. therefore their "doneness" is all over the place

knife skills - something i'm still working on improving. though this is more a presentation manner

recipes don't teach you to cook with what you have on hand, i just buy a bunch of good stuff on sale and come up with something. epicurious is all right though.

You are shit, though. You are the all-sing, all-dancing shit of the world.

Any kind of egg-based breakfast food.
Frittatas are fucking amazing when done right.

It's like any other art, easy to "do" but takes at least a base amount of talent or practice to do well.

You could sit on a piano bench and play chopsticks and it'll be easy, but if Evgeny Kissin sits next to you and plays Brahms, you'll know who the "professional" really is.

and then don't forget about baking and barbequing (ok grilling properly on a bbq is something you can learn in a day), which have there own rules and techniques to learn

I think it's innate.
My sister went from only cooking shit in the microwave to cooking up all sorts of delicious meals using vegetables from our garden.
Literally went from a typical lazy gen Z kid to a great cook out of nowhere.

STOP

ANSWERING

MILLENIAL

SLIDE

THREADS

FUCK HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS

sage

ONE POST BY THIS ID

LIKE FUCKING ALWAYS

FUCKKKK!!!!!!!

sage

This is usually expensive because you have to run out and buy all the shit and most people will never use any of the stuff they just bought more than once.

Part of homecooking is knowing how to use lots of different shit you have on hand to make good meals consistently for long periods of time. This is the skill set which is going extinct with modern women

>born in the 90s
>not a millennial

Millennials weren't born in the new millennium - they came of age in the new millennium.

If you don't learn how to cook you are depriving yourself of one of the most valuable life skills. It's not that hard really, and can save you a shitload of money, and gives you a sense of self-worth.

she will never have to cook until she is in her late 50's.

He going to have a good healthy shit tomorrow.

You on the other hand probably have runny Mtn Dew multi-colored Fruity Pebble consuming shits.

>ONE POST BY OP ID

STOP

ANSWERING

>STOP ANSWERING

FUCKSTICKS

sage

>carrots
Ruined

Carrots are delicious, you philistine.

I make pizza often, also meat loaf, meat balls and macaroni box. Lately I discovered the joy of no-knead bread, and haven't bought bread for a while. Also anything with tunafish and cheese is super delicious. I don't understand why people stress about cooking, like the recipes have to be followed exactly or else the world will burn. It's not science and you rarely fuck it up so much that you can't eat it. Also when you fuck up you learn and next time do it better. We have the whole life to improve our cooking skills.