Drug and alcohol addiction policy discussion

Hi Cred Forums, let's talk about dependency on psychoactive substances and how they should ideally be dealt with.

I would like to hear serious ideas from various points of view here cause I'm depressed and need some escapism.

Other urls found in this thread:

drugabuse.gov/publications/drugs-brains-behavior-science-addiction/treatment-recovery
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Take them in such a short duration and in quantities that they will fuck you up.

Igni Natura Renovatur Integra

Don't do it, trust me

>t. former addict

dont do it

That's fucking gross

Idiot. All drugs are degeneracy in its purest form. Try making something of yourself, like fitness or meeting a girl and maybe you'll get somewhere.

What do you do if they don't want to be helped?

I'm actually sick and if you take away my script for fentanyl I will shoot you dead

It is like being gay/trans. If you go with any idea, it means you're mentally weak and you'll be influenced easily to do shit.

Duterte style is the only way.

If you're depressed, shit like alcohol is not going to help you - it's only going to worsen your symptoms.

Take it from someone struggling with alcoholism, don't fucking get involved with that garbage. IT IS NOT WORTH IT!

good goy

To expand:
>Start into drugs because bored.
>Changes to doing drugs because apathetic.
>Do drugs because now depressed and need to feel "normal".
>Do drugs in the hope that the next dose will kill you.

Mushrooms are ok once per year if you're autistic I guess

woulddodrugswithher/10

I smoke weed every day at the end of my day after I've done everything else I need to. I like it but I can't say I'd recommend it.

lmao is that laci green?

This. Based american non-burger bro.

If somebody wants drugs there's nothing you can do about it. His life his decisions. If then he ends up half braindead it's his problem.

You might want to think about your economy before bashing the product, vecino.

I've been addicted to pain killers for a decade now. If you haven't done any drug, keep it that way.

>former addict.

false, you'll always be an addict, because your brain is permanently wired to love it.

It's a sad situation, stay strong user.

This user knows

Scientific Source, my nigger.

She looks like fun, I mean you have your fun with her and then dump the body in a ditch.

google it gypsy.

>how they should ideally be dealt with
By minding your own fucking business.
Or you can pass more laws, build prisons, hire more cops and guards, like we've been doing for 50 years...
Fucking statist.

decriminalize it and get uncool moms to buy into 420 culture.

that way it's not cool and the next generation will rebel against their parents by hating 420 culture

Ban drugs? Good goy. Supporting black markets supports ethnic gangsters and the moving of money without scrutiny.

You didn't read a shit, did you?

WEW SO MUCH SCIENCE IN THIS POST

WEW
E
W

I get the feeling you don't speak very good English.

Wtf did you say to me? I'll have you know I graduated magna cum laude from Harvard with a major in English literature and a minor in ass kicking, and I'm all out of books to read.

Self-Improvement starts with the iron pill. Alcohol makes you weak in the gym. If you are more dedicated to lifting/walking/running and eating right, than drinking, you will self-monitor and reduce your intake.

Just do whatever, addiction isn't magic, it requires you to go against what you know is right for an extended period of time. If you have self control and a very basic understanding of how addiction develops, you will never get addicted.

I tried eating iron pills and all I got was hemmhoroids.

I was a smoke weed every day person for a couple of years, mostly on my own and kept very quite. Replaced that with drink every day for another year.

At some point you have to realise that even though you'll never be happy, making life tolerable through substance abuse is still worse. Read books and lift weights. You might still be unfulfilled, but at least you'll have more years on earth to contemplate why. And you might get to see something interesting happen.

Fuck you, you little bitch. I graduated top of my class in English Literature at the University of Cambridge. I've been involved in numerous literary clubs and have over 300 published articles. I got present subjunctives like you wouldn't believe, no matter who you may be. I rock words you can't even pronounce, weaving metaphors that would make your brain bleed. I am trained in non-fiction writing and I'm the top author in the New York Times Bestseller List.

>...etc.

drugabuse.gov/publications/drugs-brains-behavior-science-addiction/treatment-recovery

>cry harder crack head.

Drug addiction is treated, it's never cured.

Well played sir. Pasta so fresh it's like momma made it six years ago.

It's hard to do it from memory, especially when I'm high af (dude lmao).

>making life tolerable through substance abuse is still worse

that is why the Marxist terrorists have made drugs borderline legal, it is soma for the miserable slave caste

go camping with a few friends and eat some fungus penis
youll either have a great time and learn to appreciate life
or youll have a terrifying experience no one could ever prepare you to for, and when you come down you'll learn to appreciate life
or youll get mauled by a bear.

He could take 4-AcO-DMT instead, it's better to have a pure chemical that will provide an experience of predictable intensity.

depending where he lives though in a few months he could walk into the woods and just identify and pick some shrooms lol. chems are pretty much unfindable in my area

You buy these chems online. 4-AcO-DMT is legal in most of the world.

It won't stay legal if you keep telling random people on the internet about it, you idiot.

oh. "research" chemicals scare me anyway.

yeah kinda like salvia with everybody posting videos on youtube. fags ruined it

yes

fags ruin everything

That's irrelevant, what is banned is mostly random.

Many are safe, but I agree that an outsider can find it hard to tell which are the sketchy ones one should better avoid.

I get he point, but it's true some highly successful people have used drugs

Well "the man" is taking away my access to kratom in 8-9 days. Said "man" says kratom is as dangerous as fentanyl so guess how I feel right now?

Bet you are wired to love fucking dude butts faggot

Blanket statements like that are idiocy in its purest forms.

>That's irrelevant, what is banned is mostly random.
No, they constantly emergency schedule research chemicals when people order them off the internet and overdose or end up in the hospital.
Stop telling people about it. If they're interested in it they can find it on their own, it's not hard.

Alcohol is poison and you will become a slave to it eventually. I lost my daughter because of it. Fuck alcohol.

Why is she so cute? I'd like to degenerate with her.

You're too paranoid. It's probably not possible to hurt yourself with 4-AcO, at least I've never heard of someone dying from shrooms. Are you gonna thought police yourself for this tiny chance? That's foolish.

Man I just turned 21 4 months ago, prior to that I never drank at all beyond 4-5 times a year but I foolishly decided to binge drink on my b day and unleashed a beast that has me trapped in an 8.5-11 standard drink a day habit now that I pray to God everyday to be broken.

Like I said in my immediately prior post, the DEA is banning Kratom which Cred Forums seems to be drinking the big pharma coolaid on so why bother talking about it.

This makes addicts rage

M-more of sexy, drugs, using girl?

Yes it is. If you believe in God please pray for me I'll pray for you.

>inb4 delusion

I really don't care. Material luxury doesn't do anything for my addiction so God is all I have to count on for a future.

If you can't see how decent strength tryptamines can cause problems that lead to arrest or hospital in the wrong people then you don't really seem to be well versed in emergency room drug reports.
Just because you don't understand the link between publicity from hospitals or suspected drug overdoses (IE the "cathinone caused" face eating attacks from a few years ago that got MDPV banned but was found not to be involved in the case) doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

You're not helping anybody by telling people how to get drugs that they don't know much about. Those are the people most likely to get bad publicity to it.

OP, I can offer some first-hand advice, and I sincerely hope you will find it useful.

Stress and anxiety are the cause of all addiction, in my opinion. And even of depression. You feel overwhelmed and you seek an escape.

So, try some anti-anxiety methods. Meditation works for some. Lithium orotate, which is freely available, also helps get over the initial hurdle without getting addicted to prescription drugs.

Move more, get outdoors and connect with nature. That always helps with anxiety. Set small physical exercise goals and achieve them, then move the bar up. It will start to build your confidence.

Last guy I knew who banged mdma died

And that pretty much made me stop

You can do it though man, I've been down that rabbit hole and its rough.

Go mellow out with some weed instead.

>not always implies never

go back to 3rd grade

>You're not helping anybody by telling people how to get drugs that they don't know much about.
I'm helping these people have a good time. If they want to know more, they can google. Psychonaut wiki has everything you need to know summed up in a couple paragraphs.

Also, 4-Aco is already illegal in Germany, because we have an Analogue act and it's chemically very similar to Psilocybin

This is true, it's the worst feeling and you don't even feel good when you drink after a while. You just think you do because the withdraw symptoms go away.

Luckily you can completely recover from alcoholism the "it kills brain cells" thing is a meme , look it up. If it killed brain cells it would be an immediately lethal toxin

all girls who are addicted should be considered property and be placed under the care of a master who should be male,unless the girl in question is under 15 years old, in that case Her mother will take care of her and chose a master for her when she turns 18

Bitch cant even bang drugs correctly

The real red pill that they don't want you to know is that opioids are a cure for all forms of depression, even those that do not respond to medicines.

Alcohol does cause permanent nerve damage and liver damage if you drink enough of it over a long enough period of time.

>banged mdma
He was parasuicidal anyway.

I don't have a car and live 200 miles from my parents in a nice mountain small city so basically every single day I get plenty of excercise (5-6 miles of speed walking at least up and down steep hills) and time alone outdoors. I think it is one of the few beneficial habits I actually have, the other being regularly, extensive, daily gratitude and prayer journaling that I've kept up with almost every day since last october.

>I'm helping these people have a good time
You're just telling people how to buy a drug that they don't understand the pharmacokinetics of and that's never a good sign.
You might mean well but you're part of the problem and you and people like you have contributed to the emergency scheduling of many drugs.

You obviously don't seem to care, though. So fuck it.

The dude was literally going to take mushrooms, it's not like he's some straight edge guy. You're seriously overblowing this.

There's no easy answer. Strength/willpower is what it takes, life has its difficulties, if you can't cope either kill yourself or overcome the struggles and become a stronger person. Don't half heartedly gradually kill yourself with drugs if you potentially may still want to live, that will only cause long term damage to your body and make you further want to escape from reality. Kill yourself or don't, if you're gona become an addict, kill yourself.

Immediately get on Naltrexone.

That is awesome!

tbqh, I think depression/addiction is something a lot of us go through as we transition into adulthood because we are just learning to deal with stress and anxiety caused by changing social dynamics, fear of underachieving, finding your identity etc.

All great mythology talks about this - going into the belly of the beast and emerging victorious. This is just part of the human condition, and you will get through it and learn how to handle life without getting overwhelmed.

reduce penalties for hard drugs, legalize weed
prescribe replacement therapy
the end.

Humans are designed to use tools. You can drive a car, operate a cellphone, take a chemical for a purpose, etc. etc.

Drugs are a good tool for many purposes. If you feel stuck and gloomy, large amounts of shrooms or san pedro are very likely to help. If you're in physical pain, opiates can help. If you want to watch tv shows, weed will help. If you need focus and subtle energy boosts, coffee and cigarettes will help.

Of course, the issue is that humans form habits at about the same rate they form new tools. So dependency on drugs should be looked at in the same way you get dependent on a car and grow fat. When that happens you don't try to quit the car. Instead, you go to a gym or something else to negate the negative effects of habitually using the tool.

You don't see people getting so dependent on a car that they end up living in the car and never going outside. That is because we know the car is a tool to help operate in the world, thus we keep the car separate form our conception of self. You can do the same with drugs and then they are no problem.

Legalize possession, reduce sentences for dealing, increase sentences for selling shitty or mislabeled product (negligent manslaughter for selling fent cuts as heroin for example).
Legalize drugs that are physically safe, like most psychedelics.

Legolize cannabis to split the majority of users away from the pushers

I take ephedrine as a pre-workout or if I need to skip or delay eating for a bit. That plus caffeine are my only big vices aside from drinking with friends on occasion. If I'm addicted to anything it's the tightness in my chest from chronic anxiety. If I don't feel stressed out about anything that makes me even more stressed.

>You can do the same with drugs
Nope, some will alter your brain in ways that fuck you up.

I'm a functioning alcoholic about to get my PhD in a field that, despite being really cool and highly profitable, 99% of this board would mock me for. I drink a swig or so before my lectures and before my own classes. I usually have a little in my system. Without it I am a nervous wreck, honestly.
It works and I'm well-liked by my students. Having spoken to other professors, this apparently isn't all too uncommon. I don't know if it's because academics are too in their own heads all the time and need to use substances to dull it, or what, but it's weird being on the other side of the college equation and finding out that it's actually not abnormal for your professor to be buzzed on something during a lecture.

You can function on alcohol and probably a lot of people do, but it's definitely not healthy.

Okay Dwight

I will, user ooM2LArP

Throughout most of history Europeans (if they could afford it) were drunk all day and night. All the wars of medieval times were fought drunk. In fact, it is very likely that the original settlements in Mesopotamia were developed to ensure they could have a steady supply of beer. Alcohol is fundamental to civilization it seems.

Driving a car too fast can also fuck you up. All tools are dangerous, you respect them not avoid them.

Drugs are inherently different from tools. A car will not rewire your brain so you will prefer driving your over eating, sleeping, taking care of children or your own health.

Your metaphor is simply wrong. Yes, drugs are tools, but drugs don't behave like mechanical tools when it comes to how our body and mind responds to them. You can use drugs like tools, but you need to be aware of the dangers and even then there will be some problems.

>banged MDMA

found your problem, m8y

this is true

unless you unhook some of those wires through rehab and connect them to something else

it takes a while though

Addiction is not a disease but a weakness of will and character. Most stuff you can cold turkey. If you get to the point where you become physically ill when you cease intake you a are still weak and fucked.