365,000+ total dead[9]

>365,000+ total dead[9]

This are the Americans that fought and died to end slavery

Why are americans still having white guilt again?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4ugxDcxczxM
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/4/supreme-court-illegals-count-apportionment/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_the_Immediate_Causes_Which_Induce_and_Justify_the_Secession_of_South_Carolina_from_the_Federal_Union
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trzciana
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>the civil war was about slavery

Why does Sweden? You guys literally have done nothing wrong to the non whites.
White guilt isn't about making sense

Remind me again what state right caused all those states to secede?

It wasn't about slavery.
It was about splitting the US so it doesn't become a great power.
This is why England and some other euro powers supported the south.

I wonder what the world would be like if the south had won?
youtube.com/watch?v=4ugxDcxczxM

Oh come the fuck on we all know it centered around Slavery and the repercussions it would have on the south if it were outlawed.

Stop being such a faggot.

>The states seceded because 2% of men owned slaves.

Yeah ok.

Supported!=controlled

The 3/5ths compromise meant that the rich slaveowners could literally buy and breed more representation for their state. Imagine if illegal immigrants counted for 3/5ths representation.

>The states seceded because 2% of men owned slaves.
>Yeah ok.
Well as long as you admit it.

And you didn't answer my question. Come on, there are a bunch of secession announcements you can go through that detail their grievances. What right was it?

True.
But it was an awfully convenient war for European powers and English banking interests.

I don't have any guilt, it is the left that wants to make me ashamed of being white. Fuck them. I'm proud to be white. If it weren't for white people the world would still be in the stone age. (correct the record if you want, but it'd beyond dispute).

Outlawing slavery wasn't on the table pre war. Slavery was certain a central issue, that was the states right being challenged at the time, but there were other issues at hand.

You can't boil down an event as vast and complicated as the American Civil War to just one issue or catchphrase.

We dont have white gulit. Also compared to great countries like great britian, italy, france and greece that had superior history and historical men, we sweden only have vikings savages who did nothing other than looking blonde and pretty. So we arent as much of dispointment compared to the other countries

the same reason swedes have it: they're morons

>Imagine if illegal immigrants counted for 3/5ths representation.
Oh wait they count for full representation
washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/4/supreme-court-illegals-count-apportionment/

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Declaration_of_the_Immediate_Causes_Which_Induce_and_Justify_the_Secession_of_South_Carolina_from_the_Federal_Union

>"The General Government, as the common agent, passed laws to carry into effect these stipulations of the States. For many years these laws were executed. But an increasing hostility on the part of the non-slaveholding States to the institution of slavery, has led to a disregard of their obligations, and the laws of the General Government have ceased to effect the objects of the Constitution."

There were other factors that came into play after the war began, but to say it wasn't about Slavery is just idoitic.

because white guilt is an intrinsic property of whites

guilt society is what makes a high trust society. Shame society means that you only feel ashamed when CAUGHT. no actual honor

>most white american families immigrated here after the civil war and slavery
>still supposed to feel bad about it

better question

I never said Slavery wasn't a part of it.

This. The south had no political power whatsoever leading up to the civil war and the north was able to push through a lot of shit that really screwed their economy(not just slavery). Lincoln was elected with literally zero southern states voting for him.

Slavery was definitely a big part of the southern states grievances but it was not the only one by any means.

Swedebro pls
Centuries ago Sweden kicked all sorts of ass

They probably wouldnt have interfered with ww2 and the axis would have a greater chance of winning

Pure economics. It's difficult for the North to take the high ground considering the working conditions, pay, and hours demanded from their factory labor.

Take a good look at Sharecropping if you want to see how the victors treated now free Southern Blacks.

Sharecropping allowed the new owners of the means of production to cut the living expenses of Black America from their own budget while preserving the status quo.

The south seceded because Lincoln became president and they figured he was the final nail in their coffin. He only considered freeing the slaves afterward.

Why are you so focused on this 'right'? There are numerous reasons for the war, yes slavery was one of them. Acting like it's the only one is just foolish.

I feel like you probably got the standard subpar American k-12 education. It's always those types that make it all about slavery. You're literally brainwashed.

What the actual fuck are you talking about? Sweden was an empire, a force to be reckoned with you absolute fucking mongoloid.

try 620k dead swede cuck

Did you even read what you copied?
It wasn't about slavery, it was about the yankees ignoring their legal obligations with regards to slavery.

we just have to turn the guilt around into
>feeling guilty that you haven't improved the future of white society today

instead of
>feeling guilty that others will never be worthy

We still have folk songs about the coming of the norsemen. I lived in York until recently, anglicised from Jorvik. Good job the vikings conquered, else the yanks would be stuck with New Eoforwic.

Its not the only one but it's the main contributing cause.

The 2% caused the war chiefly because of Slavery (Or as they saw it, an infrigment upon their rights of property), the other 98% fought for the South to defend the South.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Trzciana

Not a good document if you want to make the case that slavery was all the war was about.

No, the main cause was lack of political representation. This has already been addressed.

The Simple response is.

SO WHY DID YOU TRY SO DAMN HARD TO FUCKING FIGHT FOR IT?

WE WANTED TO STAY APART, SO WHY DID YOU DRAG US BACK YOU FUCKS?

>It wasn't about Slavery
>It was about the Federal governments legal obligations towards Slavery

And this isn't related to Slavery, how?

Oh wait, I'm retarded, not butt-mad Yankee.
Yankee who hates niggers.

Carry on.

>Why
(((who))) knows?

Slavery was legal in the United States before and during the war. The point is the feds were not living up to their end of the bargain. Slavery was a right of the states. If that right can be usurped today without consent what other rights might be taken away tomorrow.

Hell long before abolitionism became a powerful movement the Southern states were complaining about unfair tariffs on the same principle. While today the same logic is used when discussing gun rights, gay marriage, and other hot button topics often decided by courts instead of popular vote.

Slavery was a symptom of the problem not the cause. The cause was federal power encroaching upon state authority. Something South Carolina at least didn't sign up for when it ratified the constitution.

I guess they also had more wealth than the 98% remaining.

That lack of political representation was a grievance because the North mainly to due to tbe fact that, however intially moderate, the North elected someone who opposed their interests in Slavery.

But the main cause of those Fed enroachments (Or failure to enforce the law) was due to issues surrounding Slavery. Hell even if you bring it down the economic route, youll find that the economic grievances of the North towards the South can be rooted down to the instituion of Slavery.

Why wouldn't you impose a tariff if you were competing Free Labour agaisnt cheap slaves?

Not slavery seeing how it was still legal in the Union

No, we wouldn't have interfered with ww1 and there would still be monarchies today.

If the war was about slavery does that mean the Union would have let a non slave state leave?

The tariffs of concern were on imports from Britain primarily into the south all to bolster northern industry by forcing the south to buy needed manufactured good from the north rather than cheaper overseas products.

That had nothing to do with competing against slave labor.