Can I get a red pill on common core?

Can I get a red pill on common core?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724
youtube.com/watch?v=d1Ubjg_o8vg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pushed by financial elites including Bill and Melinda Gates to make the American population more stupid and subservient.

Was created by Obama, Bill Gates, Democrats, and Left Radicals to indoctrinate the youth into believing certain things and to have allegiance to Democratic party

You can see its effects today where most Generation Z dislike capitalism in favor of communism, and have transgenderism as the mainstream as it's in the common reading material, it also has globalism in all the reading material so people you'd talk to would think you're crazy if you didn't agree with them

your educational system is even more retarded than ours

how can someone be that idiotic to use the lower?

w-wut

Basically, it's to rewrite history so the younger generations don't have to worry about the fact that the founding fathers would oppose the government as it stands today. I seem to recall an interview where one of the proponents was bitching about how "the founding fathers weren't JUST white males!"

Also for some reason, it has a really bass-ackwards approach to math.

or just go the other way like +8+10+2

what the fuck

tl;dr of common core is 1984's "2 + 2 = 5" become reality.

youtube.com/watch?v=LQ8Nr3_2724

Too many whites excelling in school.

What the actual fuck

>american education

Just cancer in math

It's the way most people count up change in their head.

if I have to pay $6.79, and I have $7.00, then I count up from 6.79 to 7.00 to find out how much change I get back.

First you add 1 cent to make it 6.80
Then you add 20 cents to make it 7.00

Therefore my change is 21 cents.

Common core also doesn't require kids to learn subtraction that way- it's just what some educators are trying because research. In my opinion it's bullshit- people learn to subtract in their head naturally, and the above way is much faster for writing.

Source: math teacher.

Also we need to kill common core. Let each state have their own standards created by educators and district officials instead of Bill Gates and Pearson Inc. 50 individual state economies require 50 different standards.

There is surely some logic going on here but I am struggling to figure out what it is.
Where are they getting these numbers in the first two columns from? It seems they take the number in the 3rd column for the 1st column of the next row, but where the fuck do the 2nd column numbers come from? Are they just roudning up to the nearest 5? What the fuck

Or you can not be retarted by subtracting 6.79 from 7.00

Mike Cuckabee's fault.

>make education less coherent under the guise of "progress"
>parents can no longer communicate with their own children on basic subjects
>thus the children become more dependent on the schools

lol i aint do the math but "estimate" made me laugh at tha fucking autist of a t-teacher

THat is not how I do it. I imagine myself starting at 7, I 'jump backward' to 6.80 noting that that is 20 and then add the remainder

What i don't understand, even given your explanation, is the number of steps they have going on here, why do they go from 12 to 15?

Hurts the smart kids and does nothing for the dumb ones
And was pushed by the elite

Agreed. Read my whole post next time.

i understand the logic here, but the whole point of the roundabout way is so that you can do it in your head, writing it out defeats the purpose

It would make more sense to go from 12 to 20 (+8) then 20 to 30 (+10) then 30 to 32 (+2). This teacher believes in counting by 5s for some reason.

Teachers in public school, you have to remember, especially in low income schools, have to deal with idiot children who cant add to save their life, so they think that breaking it into EVEN MORE STEPS is somehow a solution. In fact, that's what a lot of education has turned in to- breaking things into more and more complicated steps so the idiots can follow a pattern and get through the class without learning anything. Meanwhile the kids that give a shit suffer.

It's the same thing either way. You either count up or count down, but you're filling in the gap by adding the pieces of that gap. You just started with the 20 and then got the 1 instead of the other way around. It's how literally everyone subtracts in their head.

It's adding up instead of subtraction. Basically a retarded exponentially more step process that anyone with half a brain learns to do on their own.

Coloreds don't learn math by thinking, they parrot whatever the libtard "gained 30 lbs and switched from soroislut to sjw" handler tells them to....then forget about it 5 minutes later.

Add to the nearest 5 or 10...then go back and tally all of it up.

This shit right here is why, when I have kids of my own, I will be sending them to private school. Specifically Catholic private school.

Thank goodness my mother red pilled me on Public schools and Common Core.

The government gets to decide what kids will learn. Any flexibility the teacher, the state and the community has is gone.

Yeah this. The teacher has very limited flexibility, and it's getting narrower.

We're better off killing the Dept. of Education and letting teachers teach whatever the fuck they want.

holy fuck it really is a conspiracy, i thought ppl were joking

youtube.com/watch?v=d1Ubjg_o8vg

This is the dumbest question ever.

To be honest he only said he wanted to give kids equal learning in the video

>bill gates is pro free market

I love him even more

To be fair, they didn't lose full credit on that question. They clearly wanted something like:
Well 100-30 is 70, and 75 is close to 70, so it's a reasonable estimate.

That said the student's explanation justifies 75 as an estimate (because an exact answer is the best estimate) and should have been given full credit. The teacher is a retard, and if they didn't want this bullshit they should've just changed the estimate to something like 71 or 72, because the exact answer will get explanations like that.

It's the educational equivalent of running Microsoft Office 2016 (a modern education) on Windows 3.1 (a nigger) using a third party compatability program (common core).

This is exactly it.

I tried helping my little sister with her Algebra homework once and had no clue what was going on. It's so far from what real math is you have to be 'taught' how to do it there way, it's bizarre.