Most of the time I guess

Degenerate

Art Deco = patricians

Still 100x better than brutalism.

Good call my man

No, only HDR photography.

That is an ugly building.
youtube.com/watch?v=bHw4MMEnmpc

That looks fucking disgusting. Literally almost made me puke in my mouth.

Absolutely not, you cretin.

beautiful

No. That sounds nazi. And there weren't that many things wrong about that except for deciding for people what's art and what's not.

This. One of the last great architecture style and one of the best. At least the art went out with a bang.

To have nice Art Nouveau building, you have to have people capable of understanding architecture
You wont find people like that in New World or culturally irrelevant countries.

Step aside you architectural niggers, because Czech republic is coming through.

looks good honestly.

Dont even bother posting your irrelevant and ugly Secession architecture

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

SAGE

Maybe only France and Italy can post here as well, the rest of you should not even fucking bother.

I love Mucha stuff

Brutalist architecture was the last revolutionary development in architecture. The logical end to all art, everything descending into a mass of dull concrete with no form or inspiration crushing the souls of those trying to comprehend it. Art truly is meaningless. Useless. A waste of time.

Nice! I was wondering where the next mosques would go!

Fucking barbarians discussing architecture.. digusting
You should totally visit Prague to take a look at his "Slavic Epic" collection.

That looks extremely depressing.

I think the best art is religious. European cathedrals and Islamic Mosques are the two most obvious examples, other anons knowledgeable about other cultures could supply examples.

Not to say other architecture isn't interesting but it never quite achieves the level of beauty that religious art tends to in its best examples

Your mother is a vapid whore who consorts with beasts

Anything with ultra high budget can be impressive..
The trick is to built something cheap, sexy and practical.

I did, i took a coffee in Obecni Dum and it was awesome

Were you just in Prague or have you wandered out of the city as well?

I think its kind of cool. At least its intricately aesthetic. Not like this cucked modernist shit thays weord for the sake of weird

Just Prague unfortunately. But soon i will take a trip in the area

This was plan for new national library.
In Czech rep. or the Central Europe region?

Gaudi was pretty degenerate with his fairy-tale architecture. Other more traditional interpretations were pretty based though.

The area between Prague and Budapest

Dumping "st. Louis" art nuevo

Dumping "st. Louis" art nuevo 2

No, but it was the beginning of the end.
It was a manifestation of that last lucid but madness tinged period of creativity before Europe went fully insane and ate itself in the great war.

Haha there isnt much between the two.
I know more of the area westwards when it comes to Bohemia, but should you visit something I would suggest
taking trip:
>Prague (speaks for itself)
>Kutná Hora (super tiny city considering what it houses, it competed with Prague over which would be capital some 6 centuries back, so to attract nobility and everyone else they just threw all their silver mines money into building colossal shit, so now that tiny ass city is stuck with super impossant architecture + no tourists)
>Olomouc (Was capital of Moravia)
>Brno (Is capital of Moravia)
>Wien
>Bratislava
>Something in between
>Budapest

pic rel. is Kutna Hora, keep in mind the city has like 25k ppl

5 and final. We have better/more but my porksteak is done

It's a bit tacky, but I'd much rather have it than Brutalism and soulless Post-Modernism

Art Deco is still superior though

I like how surreal it looks but unfortunately its not very utilitarian.
I know that saying Art Nouveau and Utility is kind of Juxtaposition, but architecture should draw the line somewhere..

pic. rel. Church of Bones in Kutna hora, there is also the silver mine thats worth checking out

Gaudi isn't really art nouveau though he's his own specific brand of madness .

That is pretty cool. You should check out "city museum st louis." part of its nuevo in a sense. Part of it just some dude making a giant playground

Shit looks cash. Wish I had something like that behind my house when I was kiddo.

Based German heritage

That's neo-gothic, not art nouveau, retard.

That building was also designed by a devout catholic, Antonio Gaudi.

Thats not German heritage, thats Bohemian and Moravian heritage.

WTF

That building has not a single gothic element. It's shaped after bones.

No

>Hating base art nouveau
>not hating shit modernism or post-modernism

Whatever fa'm. At least someone of you mentioned Deco.

Me too, user, me too.

Brutalism can also be very impressive. There's a building in London near Old Street that is shaped like a knife leaning over into an intersection. It's incredibly jarring to look at as it's nested between an ugly new development and a classic Victorian arcade and pops out between the two to threaten you with it's looming and sharp presence.

I don't know if this was the intention, but the effect is like the new gothic. It arrests your attention and makes you suspicious of the environment you're in, even though you're right next to a Starbucks.

So that's why Kafka wrote in German. Prague was a German city until the industrialization attracted workers with a Czech background. Kutna Hora (Kuttenberg) was founded and run and inhabited entirely by Germans. You won't find a single trace of Czech heritage in the Prague old town nor Kutna Hora, leave alone Brno. Prior to WWII over 2 million Germans were living Czechia (and Slovakia). Don't go full Poland.

This is one type of architecture that is both non-traditional Greco-Roman *and* non-modernist and yet is completely fucking amazing.

The other type I would say is like whatever St. Bartholomew's cathedral in Red Square is.

These are styles with a fundamental national character and essence to them that are beautiful. Stone is so much more permanent than glass and metal.

This. When people think of Bohemian fashion, hey think of the age when Prussia was still around.

You got surprisingly suitable dubs with that comment.

nevertheless let me correct you
Prior to 1945 in whats today Czech rep. there was about 3,3 mil. Germans.
In Slovakia about 1m Hungarians (sizable minority remained there)

Prague is as Czech as it gets.
Prior to 1945, Czech lands were bilingual in middle class and upper class.
Why?
Because we were part of HRE, where surprising majority of nobility spoke German, and mainly.. Emperor spoke
German, thus Czech nobility had to accommodate.

By your definition everyone who spoke German was German, well I could flip that other way around.
Bohemian language (now called Czech), happened to be one of the 4 imperial languages (Latin, German, Italian, Czech)
Every princeling or anyone with claims to Imperial throne had to be fluent in all 4 Imperial langauges.
Does that mean that every noble with sights on throne was Bohemian, Italian, Latin and German?
No.

Bohemian nobility surely spoke Czech as well to decent amount, but it was no use to them... until 1848..

I am not being retarded nationalist, I am just stating facts here ok?
Line between Germans and Bohemians/Moravians prior to 1945 is very unclear.

Dude, that's not even up for debate. We have recordings for all former residents of Prague, for centuries. Once Prague became seat of the emperor, it attracted Germans for centuries, eventually completely dominating the city as well as the whole country economically and politically - hence the origins of Hussite chimpout. And no, it weren't Czech citizens that mircleously changed their names, since Germans don't use the common Slavic suffixes. Prague was in fact a major cultural German powerhouse for centuries. And I'm not talking about the nobility, which was only a fraction of the population. The whole fucking city, 90%+. Everything you was built by Germans. Everything. The houses, the bridges, the castle, the churches...

And not a single German aristocrat spoke Italian, lol.

So many errors, REEEE time to go to sleep