Btw, that will be $500 if you go above this arbitrary number

>btw, that will be $500 if you go above this arbitrary number

Defend this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/01/tesla-driver-killed-autopilot-self-driving-car-harry-potter
youtube.com/watch?v=3p7lndGi-sI
offtherecord.com/
spiegel.de/international/spiegel/controlled-chaos-european-cities-do-away-with-traffic-signs-a-448747.html
youtube.com/watch?v=45j4thHOZiE
youtu.be/RvV3nn_de2k
youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pay for failing to follow the rules of the road.

>arbitrary

Edgy teenager detected.

>implying the speed limit is completely arbitrary

I hate tickets as much as the next guy, but you should research this past your understandable political frustration. Cars are beautiful, wonderful machines, but they can be fucking deadly inside and out.

saving 5 minutes on your commute to community college is worth putting dozens of lives at risk

fuck off op

>dozens of lives

Yeah when I accelerate 3 miles over the speed limit my car literally explodes, lmao

>we as a community agree through our elected representatives that speeds above this number are unsafe based on numerous statistical studies and basic logic that as you go faster your ability to act to new information decreases

Enjoy your car crashes.

f=ma

You fucking retard most cops will let you go about 5 miles over the speed limit.

>Defend this shit.
Driving is a privilege, not a right. So if you abuse that right, you deserve to be punished.

These fucking tickets are so counter productive, especially parking tickets. Fuck these Jews taking our money, stop being fucking bootlickers to your kike controlled states.

>Yeah when I accelerate 3 miles over the speed limit my car literally explodes, lmao
You have never gotten a ticket for going 3 MPH over the speed limit. Unless you act like a nigger when you get pulled over that is.

>It's a "16 year old gets his first speeding ticket" and is angsty about it" thread

Slow down, kiddo. You're not that important.

>These fucking tickets are so counter productive, especially parking tickets. Fuck these Jews taking our money, stop being fucking bootlickers to your kike controlled states.
Don't like the fines? Don't break the law. Or even better, don't drive.

>He thinks a room full of criminals and thieves who meet in DC have his best interests at heart

>The Man created speed limits to oppress me, man!
>I should be allowed to drive my VW Bus anywhere I want at any speed I want! Fuck the consequences, man!

This
Speeding tickets are easily talked out of unless you're a minority or a teen punk

Babbys first speeding ticket?

You wont complain about speed limits when your child or family member gets ran over by some dumbass high schooler who thinks its "fun" to speed through neighborhoods.

T. Copper

What about speed limits on the highways? Autobahn does okay.

>wahhhh mommy and daddy aren't there to protect me
It's arbitrary in the sense that it could be literally anything. It's not arbitrary in the sense that it defends losses in human capital. We have too much to keep the jobs full so it's obviously not optimally important that everyone live.

If you're that important buy a helicopter

Under 9 you're fine.

Don't speed you fucking dumbass. My cousin thinks cops are pigs because he refuses to slow down, and he's literally got $2000 in tickets and fines.

>speeding

Annoying but there is a reason for speeding laws, they are not "arbitrary numbers".

You should've picked seat belts laws, those are true jokes.

>he thinks speed limits are set by congress

Depends almost entirely on the road it is stationed for in my opinion. If it's a turn on a narrow road where traffic can end up being close together, then follow the fucking limit. If it's on a highway where most cars are almost ten car lengths away from each other then follow the speed of the traffic which may or may not be above the limit.

Apply some common sense and you can see why you have have applied "limits" for every road.

>5 mph over on surface streets
>10 on freeway/highway
It eliminates any doubt in equipment accuracy.

Nobody gives a fuck about you can exploding- kys.
People don't want to have their kids hit by some white ass fool who can't stop in time.
Again, kys.

Speed zones are fine in school or residential areas.

These speed limits were made decades ago when cars didn't have ABS and safety features. Nowadays vehicles are safe to operate at 80+ mph but the revenue stream is an institution.

Kid this is how it goes 5 miles over your golden, ten cops might look at you, 15 your pushing it, and everything above you have to know a few things or pay the fine. The only exception is that your area has asshole cops, the kind of cops that can't join in other cop clubs kind of assholes.

It will be interesting to see what these government assholes do when self driving cars render all their revenue streams useless.

OP is a literal degenerate

Its not really arbitrary except possibly on interstates or other limited access roadways. Even then the road speeds need to be limited to allow the slowest users safe access when using an onramp.

70mph in a residential area with small roads and curbside parking is not safe. Areas with many intersections does not warrant a speed limit that high, especially if the view of cars making a turn is obstructed or limited so they cannot see someone coming in time.

>You can possibly survive a crash going 80 MPH+
>Therefore everyone should be allowed to go as fast as they want wherever they want!

Set by the states congress

hit people harder for even dumber shit, obviously

Why don't you just not risk the lives of yourself and others, you edgy piece of shit?

>be muggle
>die
theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/01/tesla-driver-killed-autopilot-self-driving-car-harry-potter

"Speed limits make the roads 'safer' and make me feel safer" is a fucking pansy liberal argument.

Embrace freedom and stop making people pay the ticket jew.

Cred Forums loves the police so you're asking the wrong board

it's full of FAGGOTS
:)

/thread
If you're in a business, residential, or school zone appropriate speed limits should exist as there are people walking around.
If you're on an interstate or highway, it should be no speed limit period.
Speed limits have been proven not to help reduce crashes or collisions.

>55-60 posted limit on freeways
>actual is 70
>max speed 75-80
>sometimes see cops haul ass faster than that

Living in California is okay sometimes

>Speedlimits on the highway
You need them if the majority of cars on your streets are complete and utter garbage

I understand your issue, i really do. But people act like retards when they're given no restrictions or enforcement.

I would like to drive to work without having to dodge mustangs and crotch rocket racers.

Some people can't afford homes with garages or that are in areas with lots of parking, fining them over being a foot too close to a fire hydrant is fucking retarded and the most kike'ish thing you can do. Speeding tickets are understandable but other than that we're getting Jew'd most of the time. Here in NYC you can't even STAND at a bus stop anymore now, not even for a minute without a camera taking your picture and sending a ticket to your house the next day.

Cars are great but can be unsafe, especially driven at high speeds. Unforeseen human, traffic, meteorological, and mechanical problems can create hazards on the road that a driver must react to quickly. The faster a car travels, the less time a driver has to acknowledge an oncoming hazing and take the appropriate action to maximize safety.

Lawmakers and transportation experts have therefore developed a system of speed limits, which set a maximum speed one should travel on a given road taking into consideration all factors.

In order to incentivize following the rules (and therefore create a safer driving environment), fines and other punishments are imposed on those who break traffic laws.

It is important that these laws are enforced, otherwise no one would feel the need to follow them.

Traffic laws are not made to make your life harder, they are designed to make the world of automobiles and their surroundings a safer place.

Did you honestly expect everyone here to agree with an edgy teen like you? Neck yourself back to plebbit.

That's the same everywhere. If you're actually doing 60 in a 60 you're gonna get BTFO.

>People need to die in car accidents so I "feel" free.
>No, I'm not going to do anything about the patriot act? Why do you ask?

T. Jamal washington

Has nothin to do with the safety of the automobile mate. It's simple reaction time. That doesn't change--if anything, it's even slower nowadays given how many people are on their phones

Over here speeding tickets are an important part of the budget, our recently government doubled the fines and made the fine limit lower because they needed more income from tickets and the actually admitted it out loud when they were planning it.

I always drive a few km/h under just because that.

no hurries, no worries

The roads belong to the government.

Driving on them is a privilege, not a right.

Obey the rules the owner puts out, or lose the privilege of driving on their roads.

Every ticket I've ever gotten has been fair and square.

Focus on actual crime and not a revenue stream.
>Like we pay them to do.

DO YOUR FUCKING JOB PIG!

Johnny?

>Some people can't afford homes with garages or that are in areas with lots of parking,
So?

>fining them over being a foot too close to a fire hydrant is fucking retarded and the most kike'ish thing you can do.
If you don't like the laws, vote someone in who will change them. Or better yet, actually follow the fucking laws.

>Here in NYC you can't even STAND at a bus stop anymore now, not even for a minute without a camera taking your picture and sending a ticket to your house the next day.
That's what you get for living in the Jewiest city in the world.

>The road belongs to the government
What a fucking bootlicking cunt

Who said I supported the Patriot Act? Fuck that shit too.

You're not allowed to view this website.

an unlimited speed limit would drastically increase fuel consumption which would increase gas prices leading to sand niggers having more money

do you want to fund terrorism?

if you need to go fast buy a fucking plane ticket

theyre cheaper than speeding tickets

i got a 500 ticket for going 99 in jewlifornia (lucky they didnt see me going 145 lol) and i stopped cuz its fucking dumb

i wasnt even in a rush i was just cruising for fun

Actually you have the Constitutional right to travel.

I'm fucking done with your bullshit people need to drive to live in most parts of the country so get out of here with the privilege bullshit. Driving is a right that like all other rights, comes with responsibility. And when people are not responsible they are held accountable.
In our days of GoPro and live stream, it is really not demanding to ask the laws reflect this.
Also, "wreckless" driving should be a ticket. Do away with speeding tickets and stop with all the obvious as fuck moneymaker tickets.
If police really would protect and serve they would pull you over and let you know your taillight is out, or that you were going a little fast and you should be careful. Not tax us to death.
I am absolutely sick of the growing tyranny we live under and the complacency of our nation.
Bread and circuses
Its okay it's for our own good
Its in your best interests.
You'll see it differently one day.
Yeah, on the day of the rope.

the road belongs to the government

the government belongs to the taxpayer

therefore the road belongs to me

Do faggots like you drive 39 in a 40 holding up the flow of traffic?

If everyone is driving 65 on the highway and you're going 55 because thats tye speed limit you should probably speed up because you are a traffic hazard and are fucking up the traffic flow.

>Who said I supported the Patriot Act? Fuck that shit too.
My point is that you're claiming that "speed limits make me less free" when the patriot act has been raping you for years and you whiny fucks have done nothing about it.

>Actually you have the Constitutional right to travel.
youtube.com/watch?v=3p7lndGi-sI

>implying the speed is designed for a 5 passenger car

Let's let that semi make that curve at 80+

Let's let that minivan with bald tires

Let's let that preoccupied driver swerve

Let's see what that bridge crash structure does at 80

live my life a thung till the day i die

>not having connections through family and friends to get out of a ticket
srsly sucks to be you

>Driving the exact speed limit
>Get honked at

That is for sure one of my favorite cop videos ever.

Cop went full terminator on him and the nig freaks out acting like some libertarian tard I DU NOT CONSENT! I DU NOT CONSET!

This is a tax on stupid people who can't manage their time/shit and have to speed to get where they are going, all the while not realizing the merits of speeding are unwarranted and don't actually save time.

roads are designed for certain speeds

for example if banked (in case of curves) there's a range of suitable speeds (too slow and gravity pulls ur car down and may even cause it too tip), too fast and friction isn't enough to supply the centripetal acceleration necessary to follow a circular path. This applies to both vertical and horizontal curves. There's also things like sight distances, hydroplaning, and minimum stopping distances - all of which are effected by speed.

>driving over 50km in a school zone
Kill yourself

All of these issues can be solved by having one law outlawing "reckless operation of automobile".

I agree, bald tires are a problem. Why don't the highway patrols pull people over for having bald tires, then?

reaction times, etc? File that under reckless driving again. You shouldn't be following so close that you cannot brake.

Liberty above all else.

there are different things you can take into consideration like bell curve for reaction times, stopping distance at different speeds etc.

but since all of those boil down to "no fun allowed" anyway it wont make a difference, the speed limitations will always be hated

>I'm fucking done with your bullshit
Oy vey!

>people need to drive to live in most parts of the country
Blame the politicians you keep voting in for not creating a working mass transit system.

> so get out of here with the privilege bullshit. Driving is a right that like all other rights,
Nope. Driving is a privilege, not a right.

>comes with responsibility. And when people are not responsible they are held accountable.
Hence: Fines.

>Also, "wreckless" driving should be a ticket.

>Do away with speeding tickets and stop with all the obvious as fuck moneymaker tickets.
And watch as this irresponsible culture triples the accident rate and murders many more innocent people.

>If police really would protect and serve they would pull you over and let you know your taillight is out, or that you were going a little fast and you should be careful.
Making sure your car is in working order is your responsibility. If you can't show you're responsible, you should be fined.

>I am absolutely sick of the growing tyranny we live under and the complacency of our nation.
So what'cha going to do about it? Complain on Cred Forums?
Or are you just going to speed and run over some kid?

>Not tax us to death.
If you don't break the law, you don't get fined. Plain and simple.

>Bread and circuses
Like the NFL, everything in the media and the elections.

>Yeah, on the day of the rope.
You aren't going to lynch anyone. You'd have to get off your ass to do that

>DC

If everyone is passing you speed the fuck up.
T. /o/ poster

check this shit out senpai
offtherecord.com/

>That is for sure one of my favorite cop videos ever.
Yeah it sums up the sovereign citizens movement and libertarians in one video.

It also shows why cops consider the sovereign citizens movement a bigger threat than actual Islamic terrorists.

>>Driving the exact speed limit
>>Get honked at
GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!

Come on mate. Nobody is going to argue that going 60mph through suburban streets is safe.

What is the problem going 70mph on a 60mph highway, provided you are the only car there or are matching speed with other cars?

They should legalize speeding, but keep the sign as a suggested maximum speed. That way you know what spped the road youre on is designed for, while not being FUCKED by the government for being in a hurry.

Okay I like posting here but you guys really are a bunch of statist faggots. If everyone around you is exceeding tye speed limit by a few mph/kph you too should speed the fuck up and stop holding up traffic.

Speed limits are based on crash survival, not crash prevention. Going under the flow of traffic speed (even if it's above the posted limit) is what increases your risk of being involved in an accident.

Same reason you see stationary cop cars get plowed into all the fucking time, because they stopped in fucking 55 MPH+ zones.

Driving from Los Angeles to San Francisco at 70 miles an hour takes 2 hours longer than at 90.

Speed limits were implemented decades ago, in a time with no airbags, modern seatbelts, crash avoidance systems or sensors to warn drivers of mechanical trouble.

Our road system in general is a mess. Not enough roads, too much traffic, and for whatever reason (money) rather than doing periodic maintenance out here Caltrans just lets everything go to shit, then they shut down every right lane in the entire city at once so a bunch of parolees in orange shirts can stand around and smoke cigarettes in it while they wait for their supervisor to confirm they have the necessary safety gear to operate a shovel.

no they aren't

roads don't mean shit; only the capabilities of a) the car b) the driver c) tbe

The reason the states have speed limits is this-
1. Traffic tickets are easy money for LEAs
2. Traffic stops let cops have reasonable suspicion to perform a search for contraband and earn more revenue
3. The NHTSA and NTSB require states to set speed limits and require seat belts to get federal funding for roads

In the end, the government does not care about your safety. They care about money. That's all.
This has nothing to do with safety. Governments don't care about safety beyond the money it can earn them.This is why they use violence and not civility to handle disputes.
You are a slave to bilk.

Traffic laws are meaningless.
spiegel.de/international/spiegel/controlled-chaos-european-cities-do-away-with-traffic-signs-a-448747.html

>I stopped cuz its fucking dumb

No, you stopped because you're a cuck.

ugh, BS in civil engineering

get fucked

What's your driving experience? Ever put chains on your tires? Do you know how to correct a slide on a sleeted road at 55mph?

you can't drive for shit i bet fucking faggot

>driving on highway
>speed limit drops from 55 to 40 on a two mile stretch of road because you're driving through the city
>get popped for 61 in a 40
>magistrate city
>can't plead it down
>6 points
>$230 ticket & surcharge
>$300 driver responsibility assessment fee

I fucking hate NY.

Studies show that driving faster helps even massive retards pay attention better.

Here in commiefornia everyone goes 10-20 mph over and only worthless garbage drivers do the speed limit in the left lane.

Hell you can even get a ticket for it under some circumstances since maintaining with the flow of traffic is more logical/safer than some letters on a piece of metal.

So fuck off the road, worthless autists.

Irrelevant, not arguments. Road are designed for a certain speed. Do you think engineers just draw a squiggly line on a map and be done with it? you fucking amerifats are thick as pigshit.

You don't seem to understand the concept of enforceability. How the fuck is the highway patrol going to see if you have bald tires when your tires are spinning? How are you going to define "reckless operation of automobile?" Driving way too fast? Running red lights? Driving on the wrong side of the road? Driving a car that you have no business driving in traffic, like a dragster? Congratulations, you just invented traffic laws.

You could always leave earlier, cock sucker.

DON'T DO THE CRIME IF YOU CAN'T DO THE TIME

Oh, and BTW, I've regularly taken 90 degree turns with a 60r rated for 30mph, at 45. In a light pickup to boot.
You guys just suck at driving. Probably because you're engineers.

it is safer to cooperate while on the road since both parties can avoid an accident

when drivers criticize slowpokes for being a hazard, they are right. The same also applies to speeding though. If you are speeding you will do the avoidance and the other cars mostly have to hope for the best

a uniform speed is the safest since it is easy to anticipate where participating members will be. using the highest speed that is suitable for everyone is optimal then.
germany allows unlimited speeds on stretches of the autobahn, but it also has a guiding speed, that's the one that is most reasonable for most people

Our roads aren't engineered. They're 80yo right of ways bought by the city/county and paved over every so often.
You dumbass.

>i can't drive so i'll hand behind technical arguments about the design of such and such

you sound like such a fucking nerdy faggot

Same happened to me in February but I was going 67 in a 40. Got let off with a warning because it was my first traffic stop ever

Yeah i don't get when in the age of computer every car is not equipped with governor. No fines, not wasting police force on the bullshit, just car can't even go that fast.

meh
ever race through an entire set of highways, while on acid, alcohol, weed, and pcp?

t. officer dipshit

Its that in miles per hour or miles per second?

This. Faggots who don't follow the flow of traffic are pure cancer on the road

>55-60 posted limit on freeways
>actual is 70
>max speed 75-80
>retards on motorcycles riding the lane divider between cars and dying

Californian drivers have worse problems than speed limits.

for once, trips are a lie

you're a false kek

>limiting freedom
Fucking hell Russia, I really want to be friends but you just don't understand us.

California speed limits:
35 is 45
45 is 60
65 is 80
70 is 90

you can go 5-10 miles over and be fine

its called go with the flow of traffic dont be a edgy faggot or a slow poke

>going with the flow on the highway
>guy behind me slows down, creates a huge gap
>guy in front keeps going same speed
>cop swooce in the gap and pulls me over

Speed limit in the right lane for me from now on.

statist bootlickers have nothing to do with ancient chaos gods. Any reasonable adult man will drive at an approtiate speed anyway.

cops r fags and ur a fag lol

This. And if you go fast, do it calmly and without tailgating and cutting people off. Drive defensively and always know what's coming and what's around.
It's very simple, respectful driving that few seem to understand these days.

Don't drive 61 in 40 zones you fucking nigger

Pay attention to the road, faggot

my fucking sides!

they only do this because they want a reason to be able to pull anyone over

hahaha i bet u the same butthurt burger for having to pay for speeding.
dont u have to move to leafland? fag

I dont trust retards to not smash into me at a speed high enough to insta kill me
Also sending out crews to move/salvage wrecks caused by speeding are way more costly than any single impatient taxpayer puts in

>caring about the speed limit

Damn it feels good to live in the south, speed limit literally means nothing.

Have you driven on I-5 or I-15? They are fucking maniacs. On the way back to norcal form my Mexico trip, the cruising speed is 85mph or else you will be tailgated.

>I dont trust retards to not smash into me at a speed high enough to insta kill me
Don't you pay attention to your surroundings?

I love to speed. i'm worried about getting a ticket though. usually it depends flow of traffic though. but i have done 60 to 80 in the streets.

Boy I live in Alabama and all these shitty one-horse towns on the highway ALWAYS pull people over. It's like the sole source of income for their cops.

youtube.com/watch?v=45j4thHOZiE

Maybe it's just based SC, you can fly past cops going 20 over and they don't care.

Fine by me. One of the laws I actually agree with.

Because doing fifty on a curvy road is a dumbass idea

>whaa, I'm late because I'm a retard and can't plan ahead, I should be able to go as fast as I want

I love it when you fags pass me to speed and weave around traffic only to end up stopped beside me at a light.

This cannot be defended because it is unreasonable to assume that a person can hold an exact speed for even a minuscule length of time.

Yes masters, may I please have some more cancer with my food supply as well? Thanks.

Unless it's 2 in the morning and you know how to properly handle a car.

>on Long Island with my girlfriend visiting her family, and we were on the Southern State Parkway
>Motorcyclists are tearing up the road between lanes
>We get to the exit we were supposed to get off at
>exit closed down, take next one
>find out the next day a dumb cunt asshole motherfucking motorcyclist was riding the lane divider and hit someone and died
>good fucking riddance

NY drivers are absolutely insane

i fucking will
i want to be in madmax on my way to work

Are you implying something?
You better not be doing what I think you're trying to do. I'll fuck you right in the ass for it. Full brokeback.

>going over 50 mph on public road
>right

Driving is a privilege, not a right.

You're free to use other methods of travel if you're that much of a sperg to not follow safety protocols.

Speed traps like that literally exist for revenue.

Actually, driving itself is a right as it's a form of travel. However, you need permission from the state to drive on the roads the state owns just like you need permission on private roads, and these permissions come with provisos. Government decided to make speed limits one of those provisos because they're easy to fuck up unless you're an older person which makes for a great source of revenue.

NYCer here can confirm that alternative parking is a problem, but then again so is double parking, failure to signal, speeding, and stopping on a bus stop which I've seen stop traffic. Don't like it? Don't drive.

>speed limit drops and goes right back up within 2 miles on a major highway

It's designed as a fucking speed trap. There's nothing but two lanes of asphalt. I could understand if it was a populated road way, but it isn't. Hell, there are streets lined with houses and businesses that are in 45 and even 55 mph zones.

>driving 50 mph, following the speed limit
>car travels 49 feet while you recognize the hazard, react, and apply the brakes
>car travels 125 more feet until it comes to a complete stop
>174 feet total

>driving 55 mph, 5 miles above the speed limit and breaking the law but "LOL IT'S OKAY BECAUSE IT'S ONLY A LITTLE AND EVERYONE ELSE DOES IT LOL THE NUMBERS ARE ARBITRARY DUDE xD"
>car travels 54 feet while you recognize the hazard, react, and apply the brakes
>car travels 151 more feet until it comes to a complete stop
>205 feet total

But that totally doesn't make a difference in a split-second, life or death situation where every second and inch counts, right? Cops are assholes, right, because they give you tickets for breaking the law?

You're a fucking moron.

I've gotten a ticket 60 in a 55. $250 good 'ol Stanley county NC

I hate highway and interstate driving but I regularly pull 90 on the highway and 75 on interstate, never crashed, never been pulled over.

[beat of the rising sun intensifies]

Imagine for a second that murder were just as illegal as it is today, but it were common practice for people to openly commit it and most of the cops wouldn't care. Then you murder a guy, get hauled off to prison by a cop who does care, and you're outraged because you got punished. You broke the law, you got punished with a ticket. That's your fault and no one else's.

>Mr. Noseberg
Every time

Holy false equivalence Batman!

Speed limits are bullshit, however this logic is also true.
The thing about speed limits though, is they are indeed bullshit. The government doesn't care about your safety. Why would they? They want shit to be sorta dangerous, because that gives them the excuse needed to steal and call it taxation.

It's just like every time there's a terrorist attack and "the FBI was warned but did nothing!"
Yeah dumbass, no shit they did nothing, because if no terrorist attacks actually happen, they're kinda out of work, at least a little bit.

Same with drug laws and organized crime. Few in law enforcement want these to go away because if they go away, there's no more reason for law enforcement. Government causes problems to make something they can claim to fight and solve, and they do it because they have a monopoly on law and order with no competition, wanton ability to tax people, and the media toeing the line.

It's called racketeering guys. Old scam. And it's against the law, unless you ARE the law.

Except I'm obviously not equating the severity of the two crimes, you pitiful fucking retard, I'm trying to get you people to see how absurd your reaction is. You broke the law by going over the speed limit and you got punished for it. That's no one's fault but your own. "B-b-but other people do it too!" is not an excuse. "I only broke the law a little!" is not an excuse. You broke the law and you got a ticket. Don't go over the speed limit next time and you won't get any more speeding tickets.

Its not your road
The owner can make whatever asanine rules for you to use it they want
If you dont want to abide by the rules of the people who own the road, dont use it?

>speed
>LIMIT

>busted doing 124 in a 80 zone
>reduced to 95 over, $50 fine instead of $300
>think I got a good deal
>monthly car insurance bill goes up 10%

JUST

>Don't go over the speed limit next time and you won't get any more speeding tickets.
Unless it's quota season and the radar is tuned right.

They are a financial crutch here too. Also, red light cameras. In Philadelphia we're going to install a computerized speed monitoring system that will use digital video to determine speed and send tickets accordingly. Shit is fucked. KEK can't come soon enough.

Well, stop living in cities.

Not only that, you can't drive through them either.

One has a victim, the other does not. They are in no way equivalent.

50 limit
>everyone does 60, they should raise the limit
60 limit
>everyone does 70, they should raise the limit

What sane man would?

people just love a little bit of risk. There's no way around it, speeding tickets do the least harm.

This is why I'm a Free Traveler. If you travel without carrying a license, you're not bound by the state's contract and you can freely travel as you please, because by law you're not a driver but a free traveler. We all have the natural human right to free and unfettered travel, don't let the system fool you into signing your rights away for a piece of plastic.

>natural human right
There is no such thing, enjoy being arrested.

>$500

Were you doing triple the posted limit?

ayo hol up

so you be sayin you just drive with no license on roads that aint belong to you

nigga thats theft

it's not an arbitrary number you fucking nigger

the higher the speed, the higher the odds that a crash is fatal

speed limits are decided based on what is considered safe for that particular area

I'm not stealing the road, I'm freely traveling on it. The land belongs to everyone, so if I'm traveling on that land, whoever builds a road there must allow humans to freely travel on it, it is their natural right. Unless of course a person signs that right away by agreeing to a contract - then they fall under the state's jurisdiction, being the state's legal property.

People used to sign these rights away in exchange for protection from bandits, looters, slavers, etc. But in the last few centuries the state has become so powerful and centralized that they're trying to make it impossible to opt out, when in fact you really have to opt IN.

Don't fall for their tricks. Traveling is not illegal, ever. If it does go against ((their)) laws it doesn't matter, because you do not fall under their jurisdiction. If you do not sign your rights away you are not obligated to pay taxes or obey any laws except those that protect the natural rights of other human beings.

This is the ultimate redpill. Once you realize this you are free.

Every fucking statist in this thread is American, my fucking country is full of brainwashed cucks. I need to get out of this shithole. Grow some fucking balls, you burgers, being around Jews has shriveled every testicle in this fucking thread.

Let's ignore ideology for a second. If you drive without a license you'll be arrested. If you resist arrest you'll be killed. With that in mind, you should probably get a license.

>driveing thespeed limit in right most lane
>driver in left lane is shitty driver who is using passing lane to go speed limit
>asshole gets behind and rides my ass like I'm the asshole
I hate normies reeeeeee
Fuck off I don't want to break the law

I'll take rant on Cred Forums for 500

Your forefathers are disgusted with you for giving up your freedom. Fuckin surrounded by you statist twats who will defend the government til the death. Read up on Natural Law before the jews outlaw it. Wake up.

>the lands belongs to everyone

fuck off and die hippie

youtu.be/RvV3nn_de2k
Drops mic.

So what you're saying is, if someone threatens you with violence you should just do what they say no matter what?

Civil disobedience is the cornerstone of a fight against oppression. Don't be a cuck and comply with injustice because you feel you have no choice. You do have a choice. Take the freepill.

I spent the past half year getting ass fucked by a DUI charge so I'm not too sympathetic about your baby ticket for speeding

don't drink and drive, this shit is ridiculous

He's not a hippie, he knows the law unlike your cucked self.

Don't speed faggot

The real bullshit is selective enforcement. Speed limits should be higher and stricter.

i'm pretty sure speed limits are generally set according to some factors like road usage, road width, curvature, etc. Doubt it's arbitrary. Enforcement however is completely arbitrary.

ITT people think the US speed limit is what it is for safety.

It was lowered to 50-55mph during the OPEC crisis to save gasoline you asshats.

>hippie nonsense
Gassed.

Actually, public land does in fact, legally, belong to everyone, hence "public".

I'm doing what's in my own best interest. The hassle of being arrested is worse than the cost of getting my license renewed every 10 years.

Besides, civil disobedience only works when the people in charge allow it to work. Try being civilly disobedient in China. It's not part of the plan for you to "win", so you'll just end up dead.

why the hell does that faggot tailgate the car on the right and not the one on the left?

>brain damage

The truth is, law enforcement are the only ones who get to decide when and how the law is enforced. If you comply with their system and submit to their laws you can't complain if they decide to fuck you with them. If their ticket quota is low and the month is almost over, get ready for your ticket. Want to fight it in court? Enjoy wasting more money on legal fees than you would've on the ticket, and then having to pay it anyway.

By the way, I hope you're not carrying any money in your car when you're pulled over, because they have the right to steal that from you too. Google "civil forfeiture".

I agree. Already too much subjectivity in the court system.

Limits should be boosted by 5-10 mph and strictly enforced, hover around them at your peril

I think they have the +5/10 think for being 100% sure the speedometer is getting the reading right though

that is interesting. what was the speed in the past?

>drive at the speed limit
>hold up traffic
yeah, no

IF EVERYONE IS GOING 65 YOU WON'T GET PULLED OVER FROM IT.

FUCKING FAGGOT TEENAGERS I SWEAR TO GOD. YOU GET PULLED OVER FOR DRIVING 20 OVER AND THEN BITCH AND MOAN. FUCK YOU.

>pulled over going 58 in a 40, I was decelerating hard and the cop knew I was going faster than that (90ish)
>writes me a ticket for 50 in a 40
>insurance increases by 20%
They went easy on you. I didn't learn my lesson either. I went 120 last night. But I do it late at night on empty roads in the middle of nowhere. I abide by traffic laws when in the city. They're not there to hold you down, they're there to keep everyone from going 180 just because their car can and dying. All these keyboard warriors say that it's easy but every 10 mph above 100 feels so much faster. My car is capable of 160 and I've only taken it to 135.

Happens all the time
People will also speed up 15 mph over speed limit just to cut in front of me and brake so they can turn right at the light coming up

REEEE FUCKING NORMIES
I JUST WANT TO DRIVE THE SPEED LIMIT BUT CHAD CANT WAIT TO GET TO HIS FWBS HOUSE BECAUSE SHE TEXTED HIM "LETS CHILL ;)" SO NOW I GOTTA SLAM ON MY BRAKES

this

Maybe in super flyover land, you can get from point A to point B without worrying too much, but here in Colorado, I legitimately can't drive from Denver to Springs without seeing a few wrecks. Traffic is always pretty close here, even if it's moving at the speed limit.

If everybody obeyed the speed limit, crashes would go down. Simply going 5 mph slower increases your reaction time a lot.

And where the fuck do you have to be that you need to drive 90 mph maybe you need to learn to manage your fucking mornings.

Yes but you can travel without a car you sperg. Cars are a privilege not a right.

No, driving is a privilege. Traveling by car is not.

You can't even follow the rules on this board.

>driving is a privilege

why?

That right extends to geographic regions, not to specific pieces of property, including roads

Except those roads exist on those geographic regions. The state can't just cover a geographic region in tar and concrete then say "okay it's mine now no traveling unless you agree to this contract". By your own admission their claims to regulate all travel on """their roads""" is illegitimate.

Hope you hit a deer at 120mph

Cops in my area won't fuck with you if you're only going a few miles over the speed limit. 5 over, anything more is pushing it. You have to draw the line somewhere.

I've been pulled over doing 15 over the limit a couple times, and never gotten a ticket.

Also, I drive for a living at night, so quit driving like a prick. I don't need retards putting my life, and my new car at risk because you can't drive for shit.

At least someone here knows the constitution. You people need to learn about Natural Law.

A road is a piece of property, not a geographic region. You have the RIGHT to travel from texas to new mexico. You do not have the RIGHT to travel on I-35, any more than you have the RIGHT to travel through my yard.

everyone in this thread is forgetting the safest period on Montana’s Interstate highways was when there were no daytime speed limits or enforceable speed laws.

>The doubling of fatal accidents occurred after Montana implemented its new safety program; complete with federal funding, artificially low speed limits and full enforcement.

all legislation in this fucking country is somehow designed to fuck it's citizens.
truly these are the end times and we live in the new babylon

Please, do some shitty sovereign citizen video trying to get out of a ticket so we can make fun of you.

I live in California. Everyone drives 80 on the freeway and no one gets pulled over.

It's to set a standard that's appropriate for the setting you're in. You don't want to be driving 50 in a resident area, or 20 on a highway. It's there to protect those around you and yourself. Of course you have things like speedtraps (which are quite obvious and immoral imo), but the majority of speed limits are good. You can go +/- 5 of the speed limit, but never +/- 10.

Stop being so reasonable. You need to be an asshole or an idiot to get attention.

(Not really. Please don't stop.)

So if I have the right to travel from Texas to New Mexico, and someone buys all the property between New Mexico and Texas and prevents me from traveling between them, in your eyes, that's legitimate?

You're contradicting yourself. You're agreeing that unfettered travel between regions is a human right but then you're also saying it's okay to stop people from traveling between regions as long as you own the right properties inbetween.

What if I bought all the land around your house and charged a toll to go through? But that's fine, because that's my """private""" property, right? Everyone's property is an island and unrelated to that of others.

The rule I go by is 5 over or 5 under. The most I'll do is speed 10 over if there is no one around

literally the worst kind of drivers have this mentality

Hahahah oh god, you're not one of those faggot sovereign citizens are you?

youtube.com/watch?v=QCozh_vbYdM

>So if I have the right to travel from Texas to New Mexico, and someone buys all the property between New Mexico and Texas and prevents me from traveling between them, in your eyes, that's legitimate?

Are you saying it's okay to trespass when the alternative is less convenient?

>You're contradicting yourself. You're agreeing that unfettered travel between regions is a human right

I never said it was a human right, I said it was a constitutional right. You do not have the human right to go wherever you want. Borders exist, and should exist.

>What if I bought all the land around your house and charged a toll to go through? But that's fine, because that's my """private""" property, right?

Then I'll move and you'll have wasted a lot of money.

I didn't say it was a human right. I said it was a constitutional right.

I text and drive

Will you quit being so fucking difficult? It's not that hard to understand. The government uses money it takes from us to build these roads to assist all of us in our travels. That way we don't have to travel through rough terrain like people did 150 years ago. To keep people from being cunts in these roads and from doing whatever they want, the roads are regulated through policing and through registration of those who use them. I'm not one to support overreaching government, but really? This is what you choose to fight? Would you rather not have roads and just have to go everywhere without one or pay a toll? Because the vast majority of people wouldn't.

Nope, not taking a ticket because you're an impatient fuckhead.

The literal law always for a 10% grace over the posted speed limit and most police will still only give warnings if you aren't a nigger about it when they get to your window.

Not to mention that to get a $500 speeding ticket you had to have been going far above the posted limit. Like 60+ in a 30 or 110+ in a 70.

One time I was driving near 100 in a 75 and went right passed a state trooper on an overpass. After a few seconds I knew he was going to me and I pulled over, he came to the window and asked the typical "do you know how fast you were going?" routine and I honestly said that I didnt realize it. We shot the shit for a minute or two but said if I was going at least 90 he would have been within grounds of giving a warning but not for going that fast. Gave me the ticket, was only around 230, and that was that.

Don't be a nigger, follow the rules that the rest of society follows, and pay your ticket you salty faggot.

semi-truck hydra-plained and hit me, he was only witness so they beileive him and i get fined with a ticket for failure to control vehicle which was 800 dollars, im in coma for 3 months and get fined 200 for not being able to pay said ticket and another 500 for missing court date for being in coma. road/speed laws are fucking shitty

learn to drive bitch

I hate driving on the highway

Those accidents aren't caused by speeding, and no slowing down of traffic will decrease their occurence.
Those crashes, and indeed almost all crashes, are caused be people not paying attention, and lower speed just causes most people to lose attention easier since less speed = less stress = less adrenaline = less focus.

Not even kidding here either.

Traffic impediment causes more crashes than speeding, because slower drivers are more afraid of driving then fast drivers and fear causes poor decision making.

the cock smokers and cops in tha thread need to think about actual dangerous violent crime in their precious little authritarian bubble before extorting working people. when the day of the rope happens, any ex cop i meet will rip.

Pro Tip: You can't.

>slow is good
k faggot

>live in a place where speeding over the limit is very normal on the highways, but heavily shunned in the city

>cops will at most flash their lights if they see you doing 150kmph on the highway, never seen a single person pulled over for speeding

>hear about a friend who got a reckless endangerment charge for doing 220 on a straight stretch.

I've only ever been pulled over for speeding once in an area that has a shitton of hills. I was going 60 on the far side of a school zone, at the bottom of a hill. (limit was 30 cause school zone) and I was worried, but before he could even get my plates a street racer in a blazer screamed down the street at highway speed and through a stop sign. Cop cursed and told me to slow down, and took off.

I was lucky, cause I didn't have my Novice sign or my license on me, I was commuting back from lunch (a 2 minute trip) to my local college.

I fucking hate the highways