Why is Canada a separate country? It seems like everything from the language and culture is very American-like...

Why is Canada a separate country? It seems like everything from the language and culture is very American-like. I'm surprised burgers haven't annexed it yet.

Eh give it a few years...

Because the Canadian identity is "I'm not an american!!!!"

Its like they have pride in their vast unpopulated wasteland they call a country

pls send help
t. Alberta

We tried, they rejected us. I say we build a wall and make Canada pay for it.

we will annex it with Trump, if they resist or cling to Trudeau, we will try again with Barron when he's President

Can't happen soon enough Ameribros

I support it because it looks cooler on a map.

You mean that white-devil man with the white supremacist frog

We wanted to let Canada in, but Britain ordered the Canadians to war with us instead.

I wouldn't even want them unless they were a slave caste because it would just mean permanent left majority in the senate.

You could say the same thing about Australia.

ya, this. Canada needs it's own conservative resurgence, will likely taken several generations before political demographics change

Well they seem to have some slight differences, they enjoy poutine, we like Mac and Cheese. They like hockey, we like football. They pumped out Drake, Bieber, and Weeknd, and we pump out Beyonce, Kanye, Taylor Swift. Obviously they also have a large french population where as our country is flooded with mexicans speaking spanish.

I think a bigger difference, though, is that Canada views itself as a "cultural diaspora" and America is a "cultural melting pot." In Canda's eyes, a diaspora is preferable because it allows EVERY culture a unique and preserved voice. Honestly, this works decently within the neighborhoods of the country within cities like Toronto giving each race it's own neighborhood, just like America - but more distinct and for more cultures than just "China Town," "little Italy" and "nigger Ghetto". In America we have a melting pot which means we can have tastes of every culture but they must assimilate into the values and ideals of America.

Ultimately, they took the "lacking a 'culture'" part of America and turned it into something to celebrate but without having a massive amount of shared values except for pluralism. Make no mistake, it's subtle, but the Toronto culture of Canada is distinctly different. They value diversity over liberty, (which is rich because Toronto is 50% white, but outside of Toronto the country is like 90%+ white while America is only like 60 something percent white nationally with some cities as low as 1/3 white.) It's still very balanced, and honestly not a bad place to live. But Obama promises more refugees and if Hillary wins you bet your ass we'll get more. Trudeau is promising the same. i think each country will have a remarkably different reaction to refugees.

Canada is that retarded american who thinks he's european.

Canada is 75% white

>culture is very American

Yeah, no. If we annexed there would be a purge.

Why they didn't join the 13 Colonies when the declared independence? What was different about them

Only if Trump is president. Hillary is even worse than the eternal Trudeau.

Fallout 1 predicted it would happen in 2077. Let's wait for it.

Uhm no I don't want shitposters.

we tried but we lost that war. The result was andrew jackson and the democratic party.

Reminder that modern day white Canadians are likely descendants of America crown loyalists

i would rather not be american. your politicians scare me, your next president will be a criminal regardless of who wins

They're still loyal to the crown, which we are not.

Also they have those faggy ass French people in there who refuse to speak English and hate Anglo culture. I wonder why they haven't been genocided yet, they sound worse than spics

I.e. Not untrustworthy traitorous scum.

At least our next president will have balls, regardless of who wins, unlike yours.

The British didn't really have much in the way of colonists in Canada at the time. Attempts by anglos to settle here had all ended in failure. There were basically just profiteering fur traders who belonged to the hudson bay company, and the forts to protect them. The only settled euro populations were the two french groups. The Acadians wouldn't want anything to do with anglos, rebellious or not, because they were protestant. (When the brits kicked them out of atlantic canada, the majority of them marched all the fucking way to Louisiana just to live with other catholics) And the Quebecois were so far up the ass end of nowhere that they probably didn't even hear about the rebellion until it was over

america's hat lol

Canadians have not backstabbed England as Ameriburgs have. Is that not the answer?

The US didn't backstab anyone the British were jewing them.

We've all made mistakes