Why did Americans care so much about race?

I don't know for other countries in Europe, but in France (almost) nobody give a single fuck about race, not even the far right; it's all about culture, identity and assimilation. But every time I talk with Americans they are obsessed with being a racial minority and races issues in general. Is this because of the history of the United States, or is it because of the fact that Arabs in Europe are not see the same way as Blacks in America? Or maybe because you are ok with multiculturalism?

...and now look at your country

Oh look, this thread again.

sage

>it's all about culture, identity and assimilation
so are americans
skin color and facial structure are just convenient identifiers

t. Nigger living in apocalyptic France

>"Why does anyone hate multiculturalism??? Its pretty good for me :DDD

Multiculturalism is bad, it's against the principle of the Republic.

>But every time I talk with Americans they are obsessed with being a racial minority and races issues in general
The Democratic Party has been pushing racial division for almost 200 years, so it really shouldn't come as a surprise that this is what you see from overseas. Most Americans just want people to assimilate. Wealthy people and academia push multiculturalism.

For reference, Americans are happy with legal immigration by a 2-to-1 margin according to polls. That wouldn't be possible if some large majority were obsessed with race.

>For reference, Americans are happy with legal immigration by a 2-to-1 margin according to polls. That wouldn't be possible if some large majority were obsessed with race.
Everybody thinks a different thing when you ask them about "legal immigration".

some people are thinking a few hundred thousands per years from educated people for example

Everyone thinks Chinese, Indians, and/or Mexicans when you ask them about "legal immigration" in the US.

America is a nation of many different ethnicities of which none makes out a strong majority so it's either for them to find unity in some arbitrary notion of whiteness than splinter into several groups and possibly states.
Soon enough we are probably going to see them start accepting Lations as white just like they did with Italians and Irish.

yes but many think that's a few hundred thousands per years from very educated people

>Soon enough we are probably going to see them start accepting Lations as white
Amusingly, federal statistics only recently went away from counting Latinos as white.
So you admit that race is not our primary interest, then. Instead of being concerned about the fact they are Chinese, Indian, or Mexican, we're concerned that they will contribute.

>So you admit that race is not our primary interest
Non, what I mean is that for many people the legal immigration is (or should be) very few people that will not change the racial balance of the United States

Are you saying Chinese, Indians, and Mexicans are white and that allowing approximately one million per year to immigrate does not change the racial balance of the United States?

No what I mean is that for many people in the US the legal immigration *should not* change the racial balance of the United States and that's why having them being for it don't mean that they don't care about race

It's because America has a long history of immigration, and immigration that works, not merely sending 500,000 Arabs to live in ghettos off welfare and call it "assimilation" like France. Some Polish guy in the EU parliament said it best, America works because people who came here didn't get any welfare, they had to struggle to survive and generations of doing this means they accepted American values above all else, and did away with bullshit notions from their previous nation. Essentially they got cucked out of their racial purity and became something better. You're not going to get anywhere in life by coming to America and being a poor Swede and saying "well look at me, at least i'm 100% pure haha racial purity" because no one cares about that shit. You get places here by working your ass off, building a family and strengthening your ties to the community. That is why "American" is not about ethnicity but about shared values. That is true integration, and it has worked flawlessly for 300 years.

It even worked with negros, who were once considered very upright and upstanding American citizens. But, of course, social justice and the Frankfurt school shattered all that and now they are just as foreign an enemy as Arabs.

It's not multiculturalism; it's uniculturalism, and that one culture is American. All others are secondary and related to heritage and most Americans think this way, at least those that have immigrated here legally before rampant cultural marxism has infiltrated our universities thanks to Europe.

And that's why your national symbol is a cuck.

Remember Cinco de Mayo!

The big thing with the black population in the United States is that it's too large and has been here for too long that it's not possible for us to do anything other than try our best to get along. Black Americans do certainly have substantial cultural differences from White Americans, but at the end of the day they still generally uphold the ideological values upon which our nation was founded (e.g. free speech, individual autonomy, etc.).

The European relationship with Muslim immigration is substantially different in that most Muslim immigrants still retain the identities of their home countries, even if they are "citizens" because they were born in the European nation in which they currently live.

I'd imagine a typical European Muslim wouldn't have a lineage in France going back more than 2 or 3 generations. Most blacks in America have a lineage going back will over 5 or 6 generations as slavery was commonplace in American agriculture as early as the 18th century.

Legal immigration to in the United States very clearly changes the racial balance, mostly through accepting Chinese, Indians, and Mexicans. This is not secret information and is widely understood by Americans, both those who support and oppose current legal immigration. Americans support current legal immigration by roughly a 2-to-1 margin according to polls.

If you fail to understand how these facts logically reject your assumption, I cannot help you further.

It was my understanding that many Americans believe that most of the immigration is illegal.

Well, America is no better.
I can understand this sentiment, but I'd also be worried if a very group of fat colombians came to sell cheap trash food and fattened up my already sleazy panamian brothers. I don't quite like this new people that critique my lifestyle while bringing nothing better. Worse they are not creative at all, just copy and recycle the same ideas while throwing airs of being hard-workers.
I don't really want to assimilate things that conflict with my own values, and being forced to see these people I should not be even be around with brings forth repulsion.

Because we see the effect of race on a daily basis.

>I don't know for other countries in Europe, but in France (almost) nobody give a single fuck about race, not even the far right; it's all about culture, identity and assimilation.

t. leftist

Most people say that but actually think about races. They're just not allowed to express it. If you really think race is not an issue in France, that people don't give a fuck, you're deluded. Try and talk to refular people about it, you'd be surprised.

No. Most immigration to the United States is legal and supported by the overwhelming majority of Americans.

Most Americans oppose illegal immigration, but not on the basis of race. It is the feeling that illegal immigrants are cheating the system which causes opposition. That most illegal immigrants happen to be from Central America does not mean Americans hate Mexicans or Guatemalans or Salvadorans; it means that Central America is right next door. We also have a decent number of Chinese, Arabs, and even Europeans residing here illegally, mostly through visa overstays. The sentiment against illegal immigration remains the same against them.

>Most people say that but actually think about races.
I really don't think so. Most people don't mind having black people from Guadeloupe or Martinique for neighbor because they are French culturally even if they are not of the same race.

In your example it's showing you deceive yourself because you have to talk about Martinique and Guadeloupe, our old colonies, and that's cause you know that would be wrong if you were talking about any other Africans or Arabs. But you know what, even for Martinique and Guadeloupe it's untrue. Have you ever been there?

The thing is, about that I agree with you, most people think everybody can assimilate be French (they're wrong), but race still is an issue most people know about. Nobody wants to have non whites neighbours except for hardcore leftists, even rich bourgeois leftist are fleeing non white areas.

Thats because French are big pussies
whether you faggots care about it or not it affects you