Flag-stomping teacher has no regrets, wants student punished

The teacher who desecrated the American flag inside a North Carolina classroom told me he has no regrets and wants the student who photographed him to be punished.

Lee Francis, a first year history teacher at Massey Hill Classical High School in Fayetteville, has been placed on administrative leave while the school district investigates the incident.

Francis admitted stomping on an American flag Monday during a lesson on the First Amendment. A photo of the incident, taken by a student, was posted on Facebook and went viral.

“Do I regret what I did? Absolutely not,” Mr. Francis told me in an exclusive telephone interview. “Would I do it again? All I can say is I did it and I stand by it.”

Mr. Francis said he has obtained legal counsel.

“There were some laws broken as far as photos of me taken that violate the county’s policies – and issues that could be considered defamation of character,” he said.

He said the student who snapped the photo of the flag desecration “broke the law.”

“I believe that child does need to be punished in some way – absolutely,” he said. “I can’t take a picture of them and in turn they cannot do the same of me.”

Mr. Francis confirmed most of the events as they were reported by local news organizations – including the actions of a young patriot.

He said the student got up from his desk, took the desecrated flag and left the classroom.

“What that teacher did was a gut punch to all the military kids at that school,” one livid active duty parent told me.

Mr. Francis said he did not intend to offend or disrespect the military with his anti-American lesson.

“That was not the goal, that was not the point of the lesson,” he said. “For me, it was about the First Amendment, teaching about the Bill of Rights, the beginning of what we call America.”

foxnews.com/opinion/2016/09/21/flag-stomping-teacher-has-no-regrets-wants-student-punished.html

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_Protection_Act_of_2005
thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/252668-trump-flag-burning-should-not-be-legal
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>“I believe that child does need to be punished in some way – absolutely,” he said
What a cuck...let's make him internet famous. Can anyone photoshop a dick in his mouth?

The apes are displaying pack like behavior on a broader scale
Before they were restricted to what members of their pack did, now that they're connected via wuldstah, ESPN and bet they're behaving as one giant chimp pack

Hope that the parents pressure the school into dropping this traitor.

Please explain to a dumb Leaf. Is desecrating your countries flag illegal?

Eight feet of rope and an oak tree can fix this uppity fucking Google.

No its not illegal, but it is highly frowned upon, and anyone who does it is an asshole.

PROFESSOR GOOGLE, COME TO THE OFFICE. PROFESSOR GOOGLE TO THE OFFICE PLEASE.

Used to be illegal, so a lot of older people here hate it a lot

just another nigger trying to win the ghetto lottery. probably gonna make a lot of money off some bullshit lawsuit.

Literally just needed to talk about it being a lesson on the first amendment.
I would stand by him if he had just said it was a lesson to store that the first amendment protected his right to do that. Instead he pussied out said the kid was wrong.

How do you go from this...
“I believe that child does need to be punished in some way – absolutely,” he said. “I can’t take a picture of them and in turn they cannot do the same of me.”
To this unless he's against the first amendment?
>For me, it was about the First Amendment

I DIDN'T DO NUFFIN

>My freedom of speech of stepping on the flag should be protected
>But the student's freedom of speech telling people I did it, that should not be protected

What the fuck?
Are liberals this hypocritical?
I just... my neurons really just started to light up and zip across my cortex creating signals

I know it's disrespectful and just trashy behavior. But from what I understand he is just trying to teach a lesson on how far the first amendment stretches to. He's a retard though for going the extra mile oh acting it out instead of just saying it.

>desecrated

It's not illegal. But anyone who does it is often seen as an asshole, regardless of the context of why they're doing it or did it. And this guy seems like he's doing the 'First Amendment' thing to cover his ass. He was caught trying to teach his students to be anti-American.

It's almost certain this dipshit is a supporter of BLM.

Its not illegal, its just in bad taste like calling an annoying toddler a "thunder cunt".

Not illegal. Don't take the bait.

Is it in poor taste? sure, but don't react to it. You're giving him the attention he wants to prove his point.

Stepping on the flag that represents the right to step on it.
Dumb Google.

He didn't say it was a free speech issue. he said:
>There were some laws broken as far as photos of me taken that violate the county’s policies – and issues that could be considered defamation of character
>I can’t take a picture of them and in turn they cannot do the same of me.

>issues that could be considered defamation of character
>“Do I regret what I did? Absolutely not,” Mr. Francis told me in an exclusive telephone interview. “Would I do it again? All I can say is I did it and I stand by it.”

Is he planning on suing himself for defamation, I dont understand? You stomped a flag and are proud of it, how is this defamation? This is why your schools are failing, you have retards like this looking after your kids.

> "You can stomp the flag all day, it's your right Mr. Jefferson."
> Yes Youngblood, you get it! That's the lesson.
> "It's also my right sir to call you an uppity nigger."
> "NOW WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE! FREEDOM OF SPEECH HAS LIMITS WHITEBOY!"

Yes, whatever, fuck off. Don't send your kids to public school.

>proud of stomping on the flag
>wants the person who told people of this action he is proud of to be punished

After looking more into this, I think this is just a big case of "IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO!"

Defamation implies a lie to make someone look bad.

He should have burned that shitty flag.

Hello Skype

Almost as if teachers are held to a higher standard.

Is there a law for that sort of case? We have this law where you can't spread sensitive information about a person if it has a chance of damaging his personal life (like if he has aids or something and you tell everyone on kikebook that he has aids). The law doesn't apply on politicians or celebs and if the context is important enough to warrant the release of the information.

Jesus christ how the fuck is someone who hates the country teaching its history to your children.

If Hillary had her way, it would be.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_Protection_Act_of_2005

Also, am I the only person who thinks he didn't really do anything wrong by desecrating the flag for the purposes of 1st Amendment? And neither did the student who took the picture, because even free speech may have consequences. Americans have every right to call each other a nigger, but you may not wanna do that in a bad neighborhood in Chicago if you're white.

"I can’t take a picture of them" correct... "and in turn they cannot do the same of me." Incorrect, he assumes they cannot, but I believe they can.

>Francis admitted stomping on an American flag Monday during a lesson on the First Amendment. A photo of the incident, taken by a student, was posted on Facebook and went viral.

>He said the student who snapped the photo of the flag desecration “broke the law.”

So this was his real lesson on the first amendment? Okay for me, not for thee.

I'm sure he'll be able to make the case in court that the original post the student made was a lie about what happened in class designed in such a way to hurt his character. The teacher already explained that people believe he is anti-american when in reality he was demonstrating a lesson meant to shed a positive light on america. I'm not a lawyer but it seems to me that he'll be able to make a decent case in court.

>“I believe that child does need to be punished in some way – absolutely,” he said. “I can’t take a picture of them and in turn they cannot do the same of me.”

Incorrect. The teacher is a public sector worker. The child is not. Public sector workers are required to give the appearance of transparency.

>could be considered defamation of characte
>his own actions could be considered defamation of character

>good is evil
>normal is antiquated
>truth is a lie
>justice is unfair

This is what they are teaching our kids in the classroom today.

Why did he have to choose the American flag? It's obvious he has an agenda and is fully aware of the negative connotations behind flag desecration. Teachers are supposed to keep their political views private.

I don't think so, he'd need all the other students to come forward and say "yeh Mr google was just talking about the First Amendment,"

Whereas I don't really think they can interview minors like that, and if they could, I'm sure most would paint a picture of him just trying to get away with stomping on the flag.

Mr google will be fine though, affirmative action guarantees him a job, even if he's fired from this place.

What the shit America, why would it ever be legal to desecrate your fag?

look at that smug google

But too stupid is he to know
>white men set the standard for his outfit
>white men invented the tie
>googles don't know how to read
>white men wrote history
>white men gave him that job
and all he can do is complain like a fucking google and make more problems up

lynch him
snipe that uppity google from 1,000 meters away

Flag desercration is a very common subject for teaching kids about the first amendment. I had multiple teachers being it up. I can see why, it's an effective and evocative image. None went as far to actually do it though. I don't understand why people see it specifically as an insult to the military. It's a symbol of the nation, not the armed forces.

Also:
thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/252668-trump-flag-burning-should-not-be-legal

For contrast, Clinton was stopped a flag desecration amendment from going through by one vote in 2006

>Why did he have to choose the American flag?
If I had to guess, I'd say for convenience. Most classrooms in America probably have a flag in them. It's one of the only national/political symbol kept in classrooms.
>It's obvious he has an agenda and is fully aware of the negative connotations behind flag desecration.
I agree that he is fully aware of the negative connotations behind flag desecration, which is why choosing it was an effective thing to do. I believe his only "agenda" was to teach kids about what kinds of actions the First amendment protects. I don't think there was anything sinister or that this was politically motivated.
>Teachers are supposed to keep their political views private.
Once again, I think you are completely ignoring the lesson he was trying to teach. He did not express a political view, he demonstrated that even things which students might find alarming is protected. If we had audio about this event it would probably be more clear to people.

Eye witness testimony is not the only way to get evidence.

FAYETTEVILLE MENTIONED

>tfw you will be in jail for 3 years for desecrating flag

>“That was not the goal, that was not the point of the lesson,” he said. “For me, it was about the First Amendment, teaching about the Bill of Rights, the beginning of what we call America.”

Isn't it interesting that they always trash America, Christians, Whites or heterosexual males when "teaching about the Bill of Rights?"

Never Muslims
Never Jews
Never gays
Never the Israeli flag
Never the Saudi Arabian flag

>No its not illegal,
Why? it is here, as it should be

Just like you may not want to desecrate the flag in a military town

>I believe that child does need to be punished in some way – absolutely
Classic nigger deflection

I wouldn't have a problem with it either if this was all it is. But from the context of his own quotes, this is far more darker than a simple lesson of freedom of speech. In fact, he is trying to use freedom of speech as a scapegoat

Fucking goog

Interesting

It's freedom of speech

The whole flag desecration outrage always separated psuedo patriotism and real patriotism in my mind

Not surprised all the europoors coming out baffled at the concept of protected speech

It's my right to call you a nigger then and there's not a fucking thing you can bitch about

htps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX3EZCVj2XA

HAve we boxxy browned this dude yet?

Well, it's literally an insult towards the country that flag represents, so it's a massive dick move.

>“There were some laws broken as far as photos of me taken that violate the county’s policies – and issues that could be considered defamation of character,” he said.

On the first point, haha, no, you stupid fucking google. Public school, public setting.

Only the defamation of character part might actually stick assuming his side of the story is true and he did it as a part of a first amendment demonstration.

Though I have no doubt he had underlying motivations.

>protected under the first amendment

This pignarcking google does not understand that desicration of the US Flag is protected from government (key word GOVERNMENT) from doing anything about it. The school still has the complete right to fire that google. How hard is this to understand.

The fact that you faggots are getting butthurt over this only makes his lesson even more hard hitting.

what is this "google" in place of nigger meme?

im /r/out_of_the_loop

Of course it was a fucking nig.

The kid could have used citizens arrest on the nig but would have had a grown chimp on him in seconds. Snapping the photo of the crime to prove he was nogging out was perfectly legal.

Fucking retard. A flag is your personal property and the government can't do SHIT if you decide to step on it or burn it. Deal with it you stupid little bitch

Wtf. I hate Googles now. Doxx this googog

Totally agree. Hope my biracial son turns out just like him. Nice to see a hero standing up for hid beliefs.

As much as I hate googles, this one's right on both accounts.

Flag stomping is legal and, although private employers can fire anyone at their own discretion and get away with it on bullshit grounds, being a teacher in a PUBLIC school puts the board in hot water for firing him.
He said nothing politically loaded before or after doing it, he made no attempt to sway opinions on any current issues, he just stepped on the flag as a, might I say, very powerful demonstration. Those kids won't soon forget the meaning of free speech: REAL free speech.

He was also photographed illegally without consent, if he's right about his county's laws. Although these cases probably never make it to court, anyways.

Thank God for affirmative action so this fine academic instructor could pass his knowledge down to the next generation without bigotry barring his path to school and employment.

Yeah, but he's in a position of authority over children. No google should ever have this kind of power, even if it is minor.

>Public school system of America
>Not the government

O Im laffin

>defamation

There is no case. He acted on his own accord and people are reacting.

The man is a stereotypical attention seeking drama KANG.

Yeah, he really changed the world huh? No, dipshit. Every act like this brings them one step closer to hanging. Is that what you want? Googles hanging from trees?

Public government funded government mandated school system of America. I don't get your point here? He should be fired.

I think the google should be fired.

>google

fuck's sake burger, really?

>Defamation of character is when I defame myself and they prove it..

FFS

Exactly.

I did not say he was fucking breaking the law for stepping on the flag you dipshit.

Organization paid for by public funds. Still falls under the principles ruling for what he may hire and fire. But by technical means it's not "firing" as the private sector is familiar with but more placed on administrative standby and reassignment because the Unions pretty much prevent all direct termination for those who have achieved tenure.

>HR admin for a public school as an accountant.

Laugh all you want dick.

I just wanted to point out that you are the cringiest 16 year old I've seen on this site in a long time

This just goes in the category of freedom of speech I don't like.

High school students usually try as hard as they can to not be like their teachers so this could be a win.

see

>defamation of character
>yeah I did that, but only my students were supposed to be brainwashed

really gets the neurons firing

Freedom of speech doesn't mean freedom from consequences.

-google and their enablers all over the country

>all the cucks defending him for teaching a lesson about "FREE SPEECH"
>oh shit turns out he couldn't give a fuck about free speech, and just wanted to get paid to stomp a flag, who could have guessed?

Who the fuck let a nig teach history? It's like having a lesson in Democracy from North Korea.

>absolutely subversive.png

>he didn't see the new South Park episode

It's a retarded idea promulgated by people unaware at how much emotional and psychic pain is inflicted upon niggers when hearing the word.

Was it the teacher's flag or the school's flag?

I live in Fayetteville. It's filled with niggers, and Fayetteville State University is filled with niggers just like this one.

>The government can fire somebody for breaking a law that doesn't exist.

Listen, kid.
You could be a marine and step on the flag, and you wouldn't get fired because you're a FEDERAL FUCKING EMPLOYEE.

The brass would find some bullshit reason to discharge you, sure. But not because you stepped on the flag.

On the little pink slip, it can't fucking say "stepped on a flag" because that's horse dick and illegal.
It's gonna say something vague like "failed to carry out duty sufficiently", or they'll ride your ass so hard you start losing sleep and doze off while cleaning the toilets. They fire you for being an aloof layout.

Every fucking one of them will despise you because you desecrated a fucking sheet of cloth. And it tears them up so bad they start nitpicking everything you do until they find to burn your ass with.
But never flag stomping.

"I didn't mean to offend the people who could kick my ass."

>and in turn they cannot do the same of me.”

Another fucking nigger pretending he can speak properly. They always fail.

>You could be a marine and step on the flag, and you wouldn't get fired because you're a FEDERAL FUCKING EMPLOYEE.

I can imagine that might come under conduct unbecoming of an officer(protip:it doesn't just apply to officers)

Schools can and will fire teachers that piss off parents though, as long as he doesn't have tenure.

In the old UdSSR they had just shot him. I always thought it would be the same in Burgerland.

Definitely a general article too.

Idk Hans you tell me.

>be paid by the state
>go out of your to shit on the state

Typical google behavior

>He said the student got up from his desk, took the desecrated flag and left the classroom.
Damn, that's a rare level of patriotism and respect from a high schooler.

This guy is acting like a child. Like all niggers, he wants his cake and to eat it too. Freedom of speech for him, but none for anyone else. He'd silence that kid if he could but reserves the right to total freedom of self-expression for himself. His stupidity is exceeded only by his own hypocrisy.

REEEEEEEEEE LURK LESS
GTFO

While I don't agree with his actions, I will defend his right to do it.

The flag is the symbol of the free speech you're talking about, you complete retard, so if you step on it, you're being a disrespectful asshole and a hypocrite.
While he could claim he's doing it in the name of free speech, it would be tantamount to a priest burning a bible in church to demonstrate that God is forgiving. You just don't do shit like that if you're a half-decent human being.

>He said the student got up from his desk, took the desecrated flag and left the classroom.

Based.

>media blows obscure story out of proportion
>laws get introduced around the subject
They wouldn't be pushing this story if they didn't have an endgame
>expect a push from the left to make it punishable for students to record their teachers or record in classrooms in general
>this way they don't have to defend themselves every time they get caught brainwashing the next generation
>and they cut down on negative media from videos of triggered liberals ruining their school reputation
>wild liberal hypocrisy ensues (we should be able to film cops, but not teachers! Teachers aren't enforcers they're nurturers! somebody think of the children!)

>its a darkie
of coursh

Praise Allah right brother?

While he can do this, I think he should issue an apology (at least say it was taken out of context).

Capital punishment. What the fuck Leaf. Are you trying to say if I use your flag as toilet paper in your own country, I wouldn't go to jail for it?

seems like you guys are pretty good at that

Soon the niggers will get their just lynching.

someone photoshop a dick in this limey's mouth we got an internet wise guy here.

WHAT FUCKING LAW DID THE KID BREAK?

>PUBLIC SCHOOL
>YOU ARE FREE TO TAKE PICTURES IN PUBLIC PLACES

it's the final form of the alt-rightist

subverting the conservative movement at all cost.

Jokes on him, the school is a public place and the teacher isn't a minor.

Cry me a river, filthy google. No such thing as the (((alt right))).

>burning, disrespecting the star spangled banner is not illegal

What the actual fuck.

In Singapore,

Any sign of disrespect towards the flag is punishable by law regardless of who does it.

Even lowering the flag on the ground warrants an arrest.
What the fuck guys.

you sound really liberal. why are you on Cred Forums?

just a shifty nigger trying to dindu

It's his right to put the flag on the ground to make whatever statement he wants

And it's also the students right to criticize the teacher's actions and save the flag from him

And it's the teachers right to take the flag back because it's his flag that he bought from walmart

And it's the students right to take the flag back because it's his flag, the teachers flag, and every Americans flag

And it's the teachers right to write up the student for disrupting his classroom

And it's the students right to criticize the teacher for not providing an appropriate learning environment

And it's the local news right to report on this event so the community can freely speak about it

And it's the major media's right to pick up this story and bring it into the nationwide discussion

And it's the people's right to decend on this town to protest the teacher's freedom of speech

And it's the other people's right to decend on this town to protect the kid's freedom of speech

And it's my right to ejaculate into my own mouth and swallow that load when news comes out that that kid shot up his whole school, and the teacher hung himself over the stress from the whole situation and that the community is in morning over the incident and wants more gun control and suicide prevention

WARNING: DUE DATES ARE CLOSER THAN THEY APPEAR!

To elect the god emperor and start the race war.

That's not in bad taste, that's fucking awesome. Thunder cunt is a name that instills fear and respect among one's pears in the sand pit.

>can't say nigger because i'm a leftist
>race war
you sound disingenuous. This is the hive mind that gave us "Kek". You are cancer friendo.

>teacher who desecrated the American flag inside a North Carolina classroom has no regrets
>and wants the student who photographed him to be punished.
So much for no regrets.

>it's a nigger

What a shock

REEEE, this pisses me off! Get your filthy nigger feet of that freedom symbol!

Fucking niggers, when do they learn

>niggers
>learn
When will you learn?