>having stable job
>having a decent looking wife
>having two decent kids
>having a car

What a time to be alive, huh?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jyLmSAnoR6g
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nice millennial entitlement you got there.

It's almost as if that was a tv show

He sold shoes, that show was never realistic.

Maybe if it was in the 50s

Purchasing power was still relatively high then. You could have a house working full time as a saleman.

My father talks about his early adulthood and it leaves me seething inside. He bought three new cars in four years working at a fish plant. He's a hard working guy and earned it but for me to get and pay for a used car with that same shitty fish plant job it'd take me years of working.

Ou well. Play with the cards you're dealt.

This guy might be on to something

I fucking love the 80s

>taking a TV show as any indicator of life
I bet you think the show Dinosaurs accurately represents the Cretaceous period

He couldnt even afford presents on christmas. Al got cucked time and time again every time peggy went and spent his hard earned money on a dancing chad. His daughter sucks every dick in town. His son is a 5 foot tall nigger wannabe who gets beat up by girls. yeah super cool.

You also have many more opportunities for higher education and employment than he did.

It evens out.

Everyone had money. Living was easy. Even women made more money than men as a broad trend, so much so that they made movies and tv shows about the trend. (Mr. Mom)

They also made fun of his green teeth on that show but his teeth were always perfect. Hurr Durrr u guise a fictional tv show is reality

When this show came on, crack and crime were at the highest, murders were at the highest ever.

Same as the Simpsons.

>HAHA look how much of a loser homer is with his nice house, good job, TWO cars and family

Higher education is a joke. Not every man should have to get a degree to live comfortably. Doesn't even out at all.

Literally none of that is true.

My dad was a NEET for 6 years after dropping out of college. He left Pennsylvania in the early 80's to travel the US, working shit jobs in Florida, Texas and California.
T-there's still hope for me yet, right?

Bullshit. Chomsky told about how back in the day you could work part time, live comfortably and pay for college on that wage.

No , back then you could quit a job in the morning. Go apply some where else in the afternoon, turn in app and get an interview right there and if you didnt fuck up the interview royally you would be hired on the spot and start bright and early the next day. IM not even kidding. betwwen 96 - 99 I held close to 50 different jobs trying to find my self and traveling, Now finding a job is a 3 month ordeal with 5 different interviews

Ask a boomer American how they paid for their college degree. I know it is hard for a europoor to imagine but it really was like that at one time.

>In a recent article you referenced the \’Burrito Index\’ which is quite telling. This has gotten me to think about beef and chicken pot pies… As a young man (1969-1970)… as a member of the Brotherhood of Railway, Airline and Steamship Clerks… I worked for the Union Pacific Railroad (DC&H division). During that time I was earning about $4.50/hour which returned me about $35/day. In those days being challenged in the kitchen my main staple was chicken and beef pot pies. These were the \’standard\’ pie which weighed in around 16 ounces and made for a filling meal… not the smaller version commonly seen today which is a 7 ounce pie. I used to purchase these at the local supermarket (I believe it was a Safeway) – 10 for $1. In this context I was able to potentially purchase 350 beef and/or chicken potpies with a day\’s pay. This was a time when gold was priced at $35/ounce. So it would also be true to state not only that I was earning one ounce of gold for a day\’s work but that one ounce of gold could purchase 350 beef pot pies. It is interesting that a similar pot pie currently sells at Amazon.com for about $4.00. Doing the math 350 of these pies would run about $1,400 which is not far from the current price for an ounce of gold. I should also note that after working for the UPRR for several years I was able to quit work and get an undergraduate degree from a state university. This did put me in debt (tuition, room and board, books, all incidentals) to the tune of $1,700 – an amount that was easily serviced in those days. What I feel I am unable to explain… certainly to anyone who did not live through this era… is the sense of empowerment that was derived from what I can only describe as \’Prosparity.\’ After a lifetime of work I earn considerably more than minimum wage… more than the average wage in this country. But with respect to gold and its \’buying power\’ – I earn about 1/2 what I did as a young man in 1969

No

Exactly, even today if you go to state university it runs you like 7 grand a year which is very affordable with a shot job and even then you can get pell grants and get a free ride atleast until bachelors level

i keep hearing that from the old timers. they keep saying they feel sorry for young men today

also they say people made comparatively a lot more money

I clicked on the wrong one I feel stupid I meant to reply to

I grew up in the 80s and 90s and my dad owned a house + 3 nice cars + a housewife + me and my 2 brothers all on a basic cabinet building job making only 20k a year.

We have it VERY BAD these days.

Yeah dude I hope all of society just collapses and we live like Viking days or some shit. This world is too gay.

People get surprised birthrates in white countries and going down. Of course it's going down! You need to fucking cram until your mid 20s and be a trainee until your late 20s/early 30s with miserable wages and constantly changing jobs. how the fuck are we supposed to get the funds to start building a family?
When we do, we're already past our peak

Oh also we ate steak like almost every day with my dad's 20k wages.

Katey Sagal back then, dressed exactly how she dressed in that show was a 30/10

I'm 40 and watched this show when it came out.

It was never address how a shoe salesman at the mall could afford a house as nice and as big as Al's, but I assure you it was considered unrealistic back then as well.

>actually watching Married With Children
Are you so cucked that you are just unable to turn off the electric Jew at 4 a.m. or are you old and retarded enough to have followed it back in the day?

Why do libtards project so much?

you stupid google. As someone with a STEM degree and unemployeed, education doesnt mean shit. Unless you get lucky with a job, it's all about who you know. 4/5 people i went to school with that like their jobs, and did not go to a trade program, got the jobs because of someone they knew helped them get in

Al didn't realize how good he had it back then.

>house is shit looks like from the 40s
>hasn't eaten in decades
>daughter is a borderline retarded slut
>son is somewhat smart but a ronery pathetic manlet
>wife does nothing but spending his cash and sitting on her ass all day
>he hates having sex (once a year) with his tiny as fuck dick
>car is shit
>literally nobody likes him
>only people who tolerate him are from a men's rights movement
>workmate is black and broke too but regularly gets his dick wet
>in one episode it is show that everyone's life would improve if he wasn't born

Al was a loser? I figured he was always just a dad.

Most people now a days don't get how funny the "dad humor" in that show was because they grew up without dads.

Everything looks nice in America expect those guys wearing hats at the table.

In america were loose with the hat thing, for instance it doesnt matter in a restaurant but you would not wear a hat at church or a funeral or any kind of ceremony thats indoors

>not many women were working, so lots more jobs available
>most companies were still located inside the USA, these days most is outsources to China, so more jobs available

lol no, you're just a fucking boor

>it doesnt matter for a restaraunt

Yes it does, you'll still look like a douche.

How can I block Cred Forums? I'm so tired of this place brainwashing me and ruining my life. I'm addicted I spent 12+ hours a day here for years. I tried blocking it in my PC's HOSTS file but that doesn't work since I can just delete it and come right back.

If reading this does not make all american men stand up and take women out of the workforce, nothing will

>Al Bundy
>A loser
youtube.com/watch?v=jyLmSAnoR6g

>being this poor

Download CP.
Call the cops on yourself.

Word