Official Cred Forums discussion Thread #2 (Authorized by hiroyuki, mods can't delete)

Let's discuss how we would like to improve Cred Forums and vote on the ideas brough up last thread.

Vote on these issues:
>500 post bump limit
strawpoll.me/11279286
>Flags
strawpoll.me/11279362
>Minimum 75 characters for new thread
strawpoll.me/11279310
>archived links in OP, including articles
strawpoll.me/11279329

Feel free to bring up any issues covering Cred Forums, and ways to fix them.

Last thread -

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wZOv6eO4bhU
strawpoll.me/11279755
strawpoll.me/11279310
archive.is/faq
archive.is/2016.09.22-190653/https://boards.Cred
youtube.com/watch?v=DjK6GmPUESU
strawpoll.me/11280779
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

Everything is fine. None of that will stop this place from being a shit hole.
>500 limit
No, the same threads are repeated endlessly. They don't need another 200 posts with "bump".
> min characters for new thread
I like, would stop a lot of garbage threads. I already have most of them filtered anyway.
> archives links in OP
Sometimes, a thread exists on a concept that has no written information on it.
> flags
We'd still know you were Canadian by the quality of the post.

Get the YouTube people out
Mollymemes, Gavin McInnes, Alexander johns, h3h3, Alex Jones all advertise their brand on here daily.

I like the idea of a word count to post a thread. Increased bump limit is a must. Maybe a sticky linking some of the most basic redpills like Yuri or good places to look for them

>> flags
>We'd still know you were Canadian by the quality of the post.

Kek

WEBMS WITH SOUND

Not all Canadians are shit posters, some actually contribute meaningful conversation.
Others are like talking to drywall.

Get rid of:

>really makes you think
>Cred Forums BTFO
>risk threads

Don't get rid of flags. How am I supposed to be racist towards all you faggots if I don't know where you're from?

There's about two Canadians on Cred Forums who actually contribute anything meaningful.

The rest are butthurt faggots that think they can reclaim any sense of glory they may have once held by attempting to out shitpost Australians.

>We'd still know you were Canadian by the quality of the post.
Good on you, and if you're so confident you don't need flags anyways.

>500 post bump limit
Yes
>Flags
Keep as they are
In the name of quality control, yes
Yes. The Combetta incident just goes to show how important immediate archival is.

SELENIUM!! WHY AREN'T YOU TAKING SELENIUM?? IT'S THE BEST SELENIUM I TAKE THIS SELENIUM EVERY DAY, TASTE THE SELENIUMY GOODNESS

This. "Really makes you think" and "Cred Forums BTFO" threads are Cred Forums-tier shit that should be removed. Risk threads should be moved to /tg/

>I like the idea of a word count to post a thread.
In this era of so many immediate BREAKINGS and HAPPENINGS a word requirement for ops would pose a stumbling block to posting urgent news

>Thread made by a canadian
Such a shame this is an abortion.

>a word requirement for ops would pose a stumbling block to posting urgent news
OPs could always spam exclamation marks.

You forgot to turn off your "Operation Checkem" script, you fucking CTR shill retard.

You can tell this thread is opposition-control manipulation anyway

This please.

Actually enforce the fucking rules of the sticky
>IS X DEGENERATE? XDXDXD

See, that doesn't solve any problem, people posting shit threads can do that too. Word requirements are like DRM, they don't stop abusers, they just make things more difficult for honest posters.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, IT'S HAPPENING! HUGE FUCKING EXPLOSION IN JFK AIRPORT

200 REPORTED DEAD

POSSIBLE MUSLIM TERRORIST

[Link to source, taking up another 20 characters or so]

Viola, you've got yourself 160 characters. It won't limit anything.

So could spammers and shitposters and Cred Forumstards!!!!!!

there's a reason that board exists faggot

>Cred Forums
>consensus

Choose one.

Fucking this, gook moot needs to get this ball rolling

youtube.com/watch?v=wZOv6eO4bhU

Why do shart threads get deleted? Indians had to endure MONTHS of poo in loo threads

Mods are butthurt Amerifat mart-sharters

can we have bots that automatically reply to leaf posts and make fun of them

it'd save a lot of time

>500 post bump limit
Yes. Cred Forums is one of the most active boards on Cred Forums, so a higher bump limit would be nice.
>Flags
Fine as they are.
>Minimum 75 characters for a new thread
No. I understand that the point is to cut down on "Cred Forums BTFO" type threads, but a person shouldn't be required to post in a certain way here. Shitpost threads can be taken care of by a jannie
No. Same as the last topic - there shouldn't be requirements to post.

!!!!!!!!

Why is nobody mentioning the most important issue, being removing Cred Forums tier threads and publicly ban whoever makes them?

Bring back sage

Can we have an official archive, 4plebs is shitty

Fucking kill yourself. This is a Cred Forums issue and it will be discussed on Cred Forums. All you get on /qa/ is redditfags shouting go back into your containment board and delete Cred Forums.

Read the fucking OP, faggot.

Twitter screencaps from literally whos and "Cred Forums BTFO!" threads need to be ban-on-sight.

shart in mart and poo in loo are shit memes

This please

>Minimum 75 characters
Why not rename Cred Forums to /rmyt/ (really makes you think) already you fucking retards

Why don't we make a 3-day ban for anybody who posts links to the handful of atrocious clickbait shillmedia like Salon, Buzzfeed, etc?

Clearly these need to be archived links and it will weed out interloping shitposters.

Fuck off, you neutered cunt

>t. literally-butthurt american
shart in mart is a great meme

>m-muh safe space! MUH SAFE SPACE

lmao kys

Ban leaf flags

Board will be instantly better by orders of magnitude

This exactly what the archive vote refers to. When you view the page through the archive those who created the site gain 0 clicks and ad views.

>500 post bump limit
DON'T CHANGE IT
>Flags
DON'T CHANGE IT
DON'T CHANGE IT
DON'T CHANGE IT

GET THE FUCK OUT FAGGOT I LIKE IT THE WAY IT IS

rangeban canada

Only flags with red, white, and blue can post

Gets rid of all cancer except Serbposter

As do Cred Forums-favorable sites that actually deserve recognition.

All of these changes are stupid and authoritarian except the bump limit, which is merely stupid.

It's so easy to spot newfags like you, because if you think this Cred Forums is good, you've never been here to see the actual Cred Forums.

It's not that they can't post them or start b8 threads, they just need to be archive links. It has nothing to do with safe space and everything to do with not giving those marketing faggots links.

WE all know this, but drive-by shitposters won't.

welp, that'll teach me not to stop reading the OP halfway thru. Great minds think alike i guess.

For someone whose flag shares the same colors as Poland, Canada has a pretty big mouth.

>80% keep flags

wew this place ain't coming back

perma ban all leaf posters to change pol for the better "plz be my ai gf" fuck outta here with that shit

>All of these changes are stupid and authoritarian
>not wanting to give shit articles views and ad money is authoritarian
This rule will apply to all article links. If people want to give money to the site of the article the link to the original is always available on the archive page.

check em

Yeah, but you conveniently left out Breitbart and Infowars. Hm, no bias there at all, no sir

Can we get state flags to stop New York from pretending to be white?

THIS.

POLITICAL WEBMS NEED SOUND FOR MAXIMUM IMPACT.

Delete this and I'll be fine

>webm
>impact

lmao r u serious

Damn Swedes!
A shamed of theirs.
YOU WILL NEVER HAVE OUR FLAG SVEN!

Get rid of these threads,

Metaposting is shit posting

>let's make everything retarded and more complicated for legitimate posters so we can mildly inconvenience a small minority of shitposters
make like a leaf and blow me

Now THIS I support.

I see what you did there

when the fuck are we going to ger real issues like webms with sound

t. German who posts clickbait from Salon

I think that one day a week flags should be removed, like Friday.

I vote for this as well. There is a lot less potential for humor and discussion with soundless webms.

Someone needs to start dubposting

fucking leaf newfag.

you can't go posting shit wherever you want to.

take this shit off Cred Forums

Riiiiight, because all liberals read Salon religiously

lmao

ban turks from /sg/
sound webms (site-wide)

im a simple man

Legitimate posters would understand that having this extra measure in place is keeping the quality of posts up, and the amount of shilling tons lower.

>keeping the quality of posts up
Except it won't do that at all.

I just want sounds on webms

That's it. That's the only thing I could honestly ask for out of Cred Forums.

Then when these fucking retarded youtubers post something we could avoid giving them views, the same way we do with archive links. Among other things.

Now screamers are an issue, they are fucking annoying, but I'm honestly fine with it. Just leave the current file size limits in place and there shouldn't be a problem.

www.strawpoll.me/11279745

>Canada
>concerned about post quality

Guys, he's so """"""""""concerned""""""""""

Vote for Cred Forums reform
strawpoll.me/11279755

Merge Cred Forums and /lgbt/
We are one guys

>improve Cred Forums
okay, here's an idea.
Get some mods that will do their fuckings jobs.
auto delete all "BTFO" threads and monitor aussies,canacucks,krauts,and a few of us burgers so we don't have more than half the board flooded with ctr,googleposters,lefty/pol/,islam, or a bunch of nigger dick.
also this thread is fucking stupid. saged

www.strawpoll.me/11279745

hiro and the mods probably won't care, much like they haven't over the years, but if there are allowing the discussion this is the only thing I honestly give a shit about.

Bans for low-effort threads/OPs is the best change that can be made proportional to the effort that'd be required.

This x10 fampie

>500 limit
i struggled with this, because i hate when obvious bait gets 200-300+, but then i realized /sg/, /britpol/ and /trumpgen/ would ultimately benefit
>min characters
the pastas would be fewer and easier to filter
>flags
why not choose your own flag?
>youtube people
i have never seen h3h3 and rarely see alex jones. these days, it's almost all mollymeme and jahans, but mollymeme is really the most insufferable one

>krauts

Uh, rude.

>Bans for low-effort threads/OPs

That would get rid of literally all the Trump threads.

I can get behind this :^)

Most of you actually have good taste except the "yes" voters on requiring archived links. I don't make threads, but that seems over burdensome to people. Especially given not every thread topic needs something to link to. People can make their own thread topics interesting and engaging without having to link to some other person's shit.

I hate you tripfags so fucking much and hope you choke on a chunk of AIDS

of course we all want this, but is there server space for Cred Forums to have sound-webms? i'm sure /wsg/ would be grateful, but they have so few threads as it is (YLYL, YGYL, slav and DEJA VU).

Cred Forums is one of the largest boards. doesn't every board want webm with sound? (except for /ck/)

Says who? If you don't have a fucking archive link, you're getting your faggot thread deleted. It's as simple as that, gook.

Thank you for contributing to the discussion.

>500 post bump limit
Yes, that will keep quality threads alive longer and make CTR pay more money for shilling.
>Flags
Keep as is we want to spot a leaf when we see one.
Hard choice, but yes please japanese version of moot. This will kill all Cred Forums BTFO threads and other stupid shit and Jannies won't have to lift the finger. Also it will be easier to enforce global rules.
Yes quality control, this is not Cred Forums.

These rules will save jannies the work, and make genuine Cred Forums users happier.

Anytime.

Yes this!
I still don't know why this isn't allowed on the whole site.

Dumb fucking leaf. All your idiotic changes will not stop shitposting, they will just adapt. All you are doing is making ridiculous hoops for legitimate posters to jump through. Basically, YOU WANT THIS PLACE TO BE MORE LIKE REDDIT. Now fuck off.

>Especially given not every thread topic needs something to link to.
Yeah, if you don't have a link to an article, you don't need a fucking archive.

lmao canacuck got BTFO by ching chang chong microdick

The point is to keep these clickbait garbage sites from getting more hits on their shitty ass websites.

>server-space

neck yourself

refer to

fuck your feelings ahmed

why? is it all in "the cloud," maaaan?

Am I the only one who can't tell Koreans, Chinks and Japs apart?

Yeah, fuck yours too.

I like this idea. Choose your own flags. Right now, flags only serve for pointless infighting, if they're entirely optional, they'll fall to the back burner and allow (somewhat, this IS still Cred Forums) discussions to continue without "fucking leaf" every other post.

Calm down Ahmed.

Alright I decided to make a new strawpoll to make it Cred Forums specific, since that's what this thread is about.

Now personally I don't see any reason other than screamers as to why they shouldn't be enabled.

www.strawpoll.me/11279867

WEBMS WITH SOUND FOR FUCKS SAKE

Why do you insist on trying to change Cred Forums during a major US election? Wait until after the election when things settle down.

Your motives are highly fucking suspect considering the timing and your flag.

You should still choke on a chunk of aids

I propose we gas the kikes, shortly followed by a race war.

Also CTR needs to leave.

After you senpai.

Also, your poll questions are highly fucking leading which makes me suspect you all the more. Kindly fuck off, asap.

Anons, don't trust OP.

The bullying is for a good reason.

Canadians posting are far more insufferable than people telling them to fuck off

The only cancer was the poo in loo shit, which was ridiculous for a time.

But that's bearable

>webms w/ sound
I wanted to add it, but they'll probably never do it. We've pushed for this so much, and for so long, but there's no sign they'll ever do it.

I just fear that this might backfire, because CTR shits will use convoluted shilling, but it is what it is.

My timing is the same as Hiroyuki's timing.

My polls hold no bias towards any of the options presented, or at least I though they did... Maybe you could be so kind as to tell me what about my polls is "leading" or "suspect".

It's a CTR shit that is trying to push these changes in the middle of an election. Probably something to do with archive links being compromised in some manner or how you can't tell what website is archived before you click it.

Another example of why meta-discussion should be left to /qa/. Terrible idea.

Seriously though, without resorting to memery I'll tell you what's wrong with a trip code.

First of all, why do you even have a trip code? Do you have some other purpose other than you enjoy having a consistent identity? Every trip faggot that does this is usually self absorbed and annoying as fuck, and eventually they will just drop the trip code on their own.

Trip codes are useful when it's relevant. Why is it relevant for any of us to know who you are? Nobody gives a shit about you. Do you have something that you've shared or worked on and it's relevant to the discussion to have a persistent identity across multiple threads? Okay a better way to ask that, is it important to have a persistent identity to any one other than you?

Nobody fucking cares, your rad name isn't cool and nobody is going to high five you and think you're a great dude.

Over all the years and all the annoying ass fucking trip faggots I have seen the only one I can remember off the top of my head that uses it persistently is Oppenheimer who browses /k/ and only uses his trip when there is a thread pertaining to nukes. It's useful because he has a background in nuclear physics, so as it pertains to the discussion it's relevant. Nobody gives a shit about annoying trip faggots who basically just want to say "Hey look at me I'm an individual person"

420 post bump limit
>DUDE
Flags are fine, faggot
>b-but muh leaf oppression
Char limits don't work
>5char
Links should be in OP, but only archived if it's some shitty shill site littered with ads
>guardian-tier sites

>strawpoll.me/11279310
"so as to counter clickbait trash on Cred Forums"
That's extremely leading. You're taking away choice from a poster by forcing them to use archive links and you're removing the ability of a reader to see what site is archived before one clicks it.

It was brought up as a suggestion last thread, so I have added it as a poll. I personally could care less if there's flags, because I'm not shitting up poll, unlike other leafs.

>We've pushed for this so much, and for so long, but there's no sign they'll ever do it.
I completely agree, but if we're going to discuss what we as individual users want out of this board, this is the only thing that I would ask for.

Did you actually write that shit?

It doesn't really fucking matter what site is archived, since it's just a snapshot of the site anyways, no plugins work, only images and text are present.

The idea is to rid of shitty buzzfeed and Huffpost articles, and if they are to be posted, they simply need to be archives so the kikes wont get their shekels.

The site that was archived is, obviously the fucking site OP is talking about.

He isn't wrong... there's no legitimate reason for you to tripfag. Doesn't mean you shouldn't, but you just look like an enormous faggot. mind you probably are one.

And if archive.is goes down like some of the other archive sites in the recent past? That's actually beside the point at the moment though...
Are you saying your poll isn't leading? Because it is and I explained why and now you're changing the subject a bit.

Yes, now drop the fucking trip and stop being a stupid faggot. People will just end up filtering your trip anyway.

I like picking up conversations with people in other threads, especially when I often talk with people through threads that hit bump limit. The trip lets them recognize me so we can restart where we stopped.

Woah calm down bro. You can filter me all you'd like senpai.

>Doesn't mean you shouldn't
No you fucking shouldn't.

Unless having a persistent identity is relevant to the discussion just don't do it. Just go to an /arg/ on /k/ and look at the massive amounts of tripfags. They're all special snowflakes who want to show off their expensive snowflake ARs.

No it's not misleading, as having people simply archive articles it will lower the amount of shills self promoting because Cred Forumsacks would rather click the archive and give the buzzfeed jew his shekels.

archive.is/faq
Chances of the service going down are next to none, now you're just making shit up because you're previous points are falling apart.

>I like picking up conversations with people in other threads

the mods didn't do anything about the stormfag invasion in 2012/13 (look at this shithole now ffs) they aren't gonna listen to you

>No Flags
>No IDs
>No BTFO threads
>Spam filter on commonly used shill and bait threads

Risk threads go on /qst/ with the rest of the "interactive" threads. /tg/ is for discussion and elf hate, not actually Playing games

By
>Doesn't mean you shouldn't
I mean no one is stopping him from acting like a faggot.

allow raids

>I like picking up conversations with people in other threads
This isn't a fucking irc chatroom.

Forums are for talking with people senpaitachi.

FUCK OFF GOOGLY SKYPE

NO RULES, NO MODERATION, NO FUCKING "REPRESENTATIVES OF THE BOARD"

GAS YOURSELF

ENFORCE THE STICKY ONLY

BAN CANADA

if people pos the long link you can visit the original

archive.is/2016.09.22-190653/https://boards.Cred Forums.org/pol/thread/89906366%23q89914404

Muhammed's got a point.

>Forums are for talking with people senpaitachi.
1. This isn't a forum, this is an imageboard
2. Your identity isn't necessary for talking with people

I'm just going to filter you out now, but I'm truly trying to give you sound advice. Nobody gives a fuck about your identity and that's what makes this place great.

Can we finally get rid of "How can _____ even compete?" threads?

Never understood why people would want rules. Cred Forums is one of the only places left where there is low restriction and free speech.

If you want rules and regulations go to reddit. Im not saying this in a joking way either "hehe go to reddit fag". Just a heads up that it might be more suited for people who want rules.

Personally I would like a board where there are no rules at all, but laws prohibit that.

And I know that people dont want shill or spam threads, but ignore them. They will stop once they dont get a reaction.

But never fucking jew yourself.

My identity isn't necessary for talking with people. Some way of people being able to know I'm the person they've talked with before and pick on that conversation later is nigh necessary if that's what I and they would like (and it is/has been).
Ja ne, retard-san!

We have boards for this that you can post on and link to. He can't give all boards sound or it would crash his toaster array he uses to serve Cred Forums.

Here are some rules I think everybody can agree on
1) no racism. please use the more tolerant "google", "skype", etc.
2) no sexism. This includes acknowledging that different types of genitals exist. They do nothing for political conversation anyway.
3) all flags removed. We are all people here. Not nations
4) post ids should be removed. Dubs posts belong on Cred Forums

We need webm's with fucking sound. That is what we should get

KEEP THEM LIKE THEY ARE?!

youtube.com/watch?v=DjK6GmPUESU

Where is the vote to ban leafs? That is all I care about.

We should also ban people who go to reddit or link things to reddit

BAN ALL LEAF POSTERS

>500 post bump limit
NO
>flags
Keep em
>minimum 75 characters
No
>archived links
Definitely no. Rules like this are useless and won't fix anything.
>inb4 le click bait
Ifh you not already using ublock you should be gassed.

Remove flags.

>hehe i was almost forced to face your argument but I see your flag corresponds to the meme of the month, tough luck kiddo looks like I win

Not to mention that talking about flags and posts like "WHOOOA RARE" is just off topic bullshit. I collect flags like crazy but even I want to see them gone from Cred Forums, they have no place here.

I think the character minimum for new threads is a good idea on paper but in reality, people would just make the same garbage threads with extra text added on. Instead of "redpill me on x? why do y girls love z so much?", it'd be a paragraph or a fake greentext story with the same bait image. Instead, mods should just do their job and apply the rules in the sticky, and delete these threads on sight.

>b-but muh censorship

If you want to talk about your cuckold fetish, play ARGs, or speculate on religion, take it to the proper boards. Cred Forums is for politics and current events, let's start enforcing that. And no "y don't u have a qt black gf?" is not fucking politics.

voted

votes entred

>Keep flags as they are.

>we /gif/ now
that just means more porn

I second this.

>screamer videos
>more porn
no thanks

Wtf Rare

Oh fuck off, only the gaylords gay enough to want the change will vote.

Quit changing things for god's sake

Nice proxy

How new are you?

Ive been here forever faggot

Goback to rddit

Im sick of these faggots replying to every post in the thread. Limit the replies to 5 per post.

>Gay
>Gaylord
>Gays

Yeah, well, I know you are...but what am I?

Czechm8

Minimum character limit is probably the best way to reduce spam
I'd lower the minimum to 40 characters, not including spaces

Yup. /poll/ needs its own mods anyway

Remove flags and ids, anybody that disagrees is a newfaggot.

Should Trump General turn into a sticky?

strawpoll.me/11280779

Cred Forums is infinitely better without samefags

>Cred Forums being "infinitely better" after Cred Forums harbor

no

and do you realize how easy it is to samefag anyway?

If you remove flags you take away 90% of sharts in the marts counter-arguments.
Let the burgerbrains think they are relevant.

Any time you create more rules you greate a class of trolls with no greater purpose than busting everybody's balls.

>500 post bump limit
Not really necessary imo

>Flags
Yes please. I'm fucking tired of ignored arguments because "le fukken leaf XD XD"

>Minimum 75 characters
75 is too much. Maybe 50

>Archived links
Sure

Also, a bigger enforcement of the rules would be nice

>Really makes you think

Are you telling me you DON'T want to see my leaf?

B A N L E A F S

I said it's leading, not MISleading. If you don't know the difference, or are pretending not to understand the difference, then you shouldn't be running polls of any sort and cannot be trusted.

Porn is not allowed on Cred Forums Report and hope mods do their jobs.

>ITT, make Cred Forums in my safespace

>tfw a quality Cred Forums is never coming back
>tfw the punishment of ID + flags that moot brought on us will never be repealed
>tfw the ratio of newfags:oldfags is such that all efforts to improve Cred Forums will be overtaken by the newfags and we are on an irreversible trend towards Cred Forums-trification

I guess I'll have to get used to it

This NOW

>newfags don't want to learn the board culture
>mfw
It's killing Cred Forums so much. If shit gets to the point where NatSoc isn't really talked about anymore I'm moving to 8 pol. I was fine with Libertarians and shit, and there were some fun arguments, but these newfags are either too leftist or try to force memes.