So what's the British Conservative party like and how are they perceived? I want to understand British politics better

So what's the British Conservative party like and how are they perceived? I want to understand British politics better.

hello?

they're mostly neolibs, euroskeptic free marketeers, and europhile globalists. You either love them or hate them, alot hate them due to their 'mean-spirited' spending and economic policies, read: opposed to gibs. Others hate them for not pushing for more socially conservative policies and focusing too much on open market economics.

They are all on board for alot of progressive ideas, mainly to steal labour votes.

so basically like the republican cucks in the US?

They became a socially-liberal bunch of faggots under David Cameron

This is their current logo. Yes it's shit.

Ok, thanks for the info brother.

to be fair, ethnocentrism is a new (or forgotten old) thing in western mainstream politics
most were caught so off guard, they had to invent a new term for it """alt-right"""

except big dave actually got shit done
up until brexit

Fear not though, Theresa May is seen as more conservative than Cameron

I think that ousting Cameron will lead to the Tories getting their conservative mojo back

Already we have BoJo, David Davis, and Liam Fox in prominent cabinet positions, negotiating Brexit. So that's pretty good.

>>"negotiating"

Until you guys start taking to the streets, I don't see Brexit actually happening. NO ONE in the establishment want it so they're going to be dragging their feet the whole way.

A formerly moderately right of centre party that believed in a lassez-faire governement approach to the free market and privatisation of industry.

They, and Blair's New Labour, helped create a country with an economy in servitude to the financial markets with only service industry and other menial jobs available to the majority.

The complete surrender to "spin doctors" and fear of negative media coverage has seen them buckle and try to satisfy the demands of the regressive left AND the harder right elements within their party in recent years leading to constant U-turns and lack of any coherent long-term governmental strategy.

The conservative party is split into three main factions, that is there are three groups who vote for them.
The aristocracy/ landed gentry who would ideally return us to feudalism but are content to just vote to keep taxation down on themselves, I guess Boris Johnson is a good example
The nouveau riche, people like Farage or Richard Branson, people who aren't from nobility or anything but who made something of themselves, in most cases still come from relative wealth.
Lastly the poorer working class people who realise that all labour/ gibs policies actually fuck over poorer people in the long run and also maybe are turned off by labour's social policies

I guess they're a bit better than labour but I'd never vote for either

>NO ONE in the establishment want it

Except half the Tories do and they're in government

Some people have taken to the streets, but it hasn't been big

I think the main reason is this: the public is more bothered about controlling migration than quitting the EU. I am sure that many Leave voters (including me) are a bit worried about what post-EU Britain might look like (if we don't get good free trade deals, for instance). People are waiting to see what the government manages to negotiate, before they come out on the streets and say "INVOKE ARTICLE 50 NOW" (but, as I say, some people have done that)

Because migration is the main issue, people WILL come out on the streets if the government says "oh, we can't actually end freedom of movement with the EU, sorry". THAT'S when people will get angry.

Dude the brexit will happen. It would be a backslash in the world famous British democracy. Also the EU doesn't want them anymore.

cucks who only care about lowering taxes, like most European right-wing parties

>cucks
Swedecuck please. Go to bed, or is there a muslim/african raping a female relative of yours up there?

You know its right, if they werent cucks they would ban gay-marriage, ban gay-adoptions, and done something about migration

>and done something about migration
Like voting to leave the EU?

Great economic policies, mixture of cancerous and mediocre social policies. Some members like Mogg, Bone, Hollobone and Hannan are ok.

Thats not thanks to the conservative party, if it wasnt for the rise of UKIP, Cameron would never have proposed it
Also if they wanted to leave so bad, then why even have a vote about it, nope the people forced their hand, and lets see if migration numbers really go down after you have left senpai

Young people hate them because the media, entertainment media, schools and universities are all left wing so they give them a caricature of conservatism. Conservatives don't like them because they're not really that conservative anymore, as with the republicans who continually betray the electorate

t. Conservative party member and 2 times party local council candidate

Ask me your questions

Toff cunts.

They can be almost anything right of centre, a very broad church with many factions.

They're *very* pragmatist, in contrast to those on the left of British politics the modern Tories are not aggressively ideological in their policies. However, nor is the wider electorate. This is why edgy brits on Cred Forums tend to hate on them, without realising that the British public haven't voted for a party promising radical change since the 70s.

This stable image serves them well, and they're generally perceived as the natural party of government. Seen as a steady hand on the tiller when it comes to the economy, they're very pro-business and pro-free markets.

Like most right wing parties they have the usual splits between the old guard social conservatives and modern social liberals, but it's not a divide that ever tends to flare up.
They have a few demons in their closet that can really split the party given the chance, Europe is one (there's a real battle brewing over whether to prioritise limiting migration or tariff free access to EU markets) and the current battle over Grammar schools another.

Very much like the republican party in the U.S.

Lower taxes, lower welfare and more privatization.

They are overtly in the pocket of big business; i.e lots of donors and they privatize by stealth. I actively vote/campaign Tory (as they are called) but its standard practice for them to:

> underfund
> say it doesn't work
> privatize by selling to their mates on the cheap.

They go soft on social issues e.g no opposition to abortion, gay marriage etc because people don't really give a shit in this country. Although tbf they talk shit about the leftists we hate. e.g David Cameron on multiple occasions refused to say he was a feminist and show a bit of distain towards muzzies and multiculturalism.

They give the impression of being anti-immigration to appease the public but in reality they aren't because of business interests. Just like (establishment) republicans. Brexit seems to changing their tone a bit.

lower middle class-to- posh whites fucking hate Labour so they have been in government for 29/40 years and will be in power until 2025 at least. Even leftists admit that.

Thoughts on the Traditional Britain Group? And can you provide any proof?

>proof?
Mate it's fucking easy to be a member and stand for council elections, I'd wager most activists who are members of a university society have stood as a paper candidate.

True, he's probably Emokiddeh

>Emokiddeh
fucking blast from the past right there

also to add. Basically every popular newspaper in the UK apart from the guardian (flith) supports them

I wouldn't get your hopes up about Theresa Maybe.

In 2010, the Tories promised to cut net immigration to 100,000 pa. But under Theresa's watch (She was Home Secretary at the time, basically like a Minister of the Interior), it increased to 300,000 pa.

In 2011, riots broke out in London over the police shooting of a black bloke, who was carrying a gun (remember, all guns are more or less illegal in the UK). Five people were killed, dozens were hurt, and many buildings were burned down. I personally know people who were affected, and some business were literally ruined. This could largely have been avoided if Theresa hadn't dithered for the first three days of the carnage, waiting for PM Cameron to come back off his summer holiday. No, I haven't forgiven her.

More recently, as Prime Minister, she claimed she'd try to tackle the issue of Saudi Arabia's disgusting human rights abuses in Yemen. A few days later though, she decided the Saudis had done nothing wrong, and that Britain should carry on selling arms to these bastards. Again, I have Yemeni friends whose reactions to this about-face I can remember well.

Theresa Maybe is a scammer. A CONservative, if you will. If she isn't removed from the premiership, and fast, we'll probably end up stuck in the European Union, too.

Meme group with no influence. Just another old boys club for toffs that need a spell in the gulag.