ARE LOW TAXES IN AMERICA JUST A MEME?

Continuation of this thread It seems Americans don't have "low taxes" afterall. It seems the Euro peons are actually paying about the same, and in some cases, even less.

My friend from California told me 50% of his paycheck gets taken away by the government between Social Security, Federal Income tax, State Income tax, and Medicaid.

My other friend in Illinois says 40%+ of his paycheck goes to the government.

So how does it compare to your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KF_PtcgGYMY&list=PLylDbCHAScu3inSMIgwIznNw_zjliACfP&index=9
smartasset.com/taxes/income-taxes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>america
>low

You have one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world and your government double/triple/quad/etc dips all over the place. America has low taxes when compared to the euros and us here but gone are the days where your country was seen as a place to work and make money. Youve gone too far down the government path, your government has grown too large, entitlement programs have reached ridiculous heights. Your people who once told government to fuck off after they paved some roads are now wanting them to pay for their healthcare their food their phones their internet etc.

American exceptionalism is dead.

pic related, is it any wonder people hide their money off shore? Every person who says its wrong would be doing the exact same shit if their income faced the prospects of such ridiculous taxes.

cant bump your own thread, take this bump

B.ump

In Florida making 52k a year

About 19% of my income is taxed directly.

This is a sales tax state

Florida is a good state for taxes

Most states have state income tax though

Pic related, aussie rates

>45cents of every dollar you earn after 180k is taken

I do wonder how many people who are able to make more than that simply called it quits when they hit 180k. How can you go to work knowing half your day is done for free?

Why do you think companies move to places like Ireland and Luxembourg? Our corporate is demonstrably high in comparison to the rest of the world.

50% of your income to tax is not low.

I don't give a fuck about corporate tax since most of them find a way to get out of it anyway

I care about personal tax

Everything is tax. Inflation is a form of tax. Any new law passed or regulation is a tax.

Car registration is a tax. Gasoline excise tax.

It literally goes on and on and on.

Gary Johnson 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=KF_PtcgGYMY&list=PLylDbCHAScu3inSMIgwIznNw_zjliACfP&index=9

40 and 50% are too high. The average is around 30% (which state you live in changes things).

smartasset.com/taxes/income-taxes

Am I doing it right?

>$54k a year before taxes.
>$22k is untaxed
>ZERO state tax
>30 paid vacation days
>company pays for 95% of college courses
>can retire after 20 years and immediately collect a pension at the age of 38

Good deal?

Here's the US breakdown. And even though your tax rate is so high over 180k, it's not like you're losing money. You're making more money than you would be if you only make 179k.

Which is a shame, desu. I like the sales/property model Florida (and Texas) use.

Not just the strict federal income and state income tax - but you also have to factor in shit like Social Security and Medicaid, etc. At one point I was paying $300 a month just to Social Security.

No its not true.
Theres a reason why we're a third world country (unless you're wealthy)

>$22k is untaxed

Why?

28% masterrace reportan

the website i linked already calculates it in, which is why i posted it.

It's a paid allowance by the company for food and housing

>it's not like you're losing money
youre not, youre simply having a lot more taken off you for what looks like the same or more work.

Your rates seem a lot more forgiving to people who do well but i cannot say that its what i would consider low. Your federal government needs to be trimmed down hard. 35% tax rates with all muh free shit sounds horrid

>without all muh free shit*

Ahhhh, nice

>smartasset.com/taxes/income-taxes
I don't think it's right. These numbers always seem to be a lie. My brother lives in Chicago and he pays like 6-7% state income tax. As I said, my friend from California I've seen his paycheck. I was working out of state in a low-tax state and easily 33%+ of my check went to taxes.

>Don't give a fuck about corporate sales tax

You should. It's called inflation and by any other name, it's still a tax.

This is only for people who are married and have two dependents.

The average person with no depends can only take off $6100.

>My friend from California told me 50% of his paycheck gets taken away by the government between Social Security, Federal Income tax, State Income tax, and Medicaid.
What the fuck is that retarded calinigger doing? They only take out 10% of my paychecks for taxes.

Meaning people who consume the least and use the least amount of government services pay the most in taxes

Good ol' government

>ck about corporate tax since most of them find a way to get out of it anyway

> find a way around corporate tax (offshoring)
> only earn cash thru capital gains because you own your own company's stock

rich people pay as close to 15% effective tax as possible. me included.

middle class gets cucked the most as a cuck percentage. poorshits get stuff for free. rich people pay the most in tax but its a smaller % than middle class.

gl bros

CPA here. Everyone here is retarded.

Whatever. Sandanavtion countries have like a 90% effective tax rate. Their sales tax is like 25%. That's right, you poor, want to by a bed? You paying 25% tax, want to go on a date? 25% tax on all goods and services you bought. Plus the corprete rate is higher. Why is u.s. so rich then If it all goes to mah evil government?
Someone pointed out luginburg. And Ireland. Those places have shit going for them expect being a dirty MOb style government that has to give shelter to other countries taxes. If anything the tax on the super rich is too low in America and too high on the upper middle class

>CPA
>calling other people retarded

>not working in the private sector

You're the retard, user

CPA huh? so you make jack shit?

cool.

thx for doing my taxes every year.

op btfo with data.
Kill your selfs you cuckservitives. All you have is meme spotting bullshit radio hosts that 80% of the time are wrong.

about 35%

working in the private sector is miles less secure in terms of job security than working for the state.

>california

there's your problem

Military?

Yiu do know all the nations that break the 25% mark tax the middle class to hell and back right?

>Korea just as low as the US
>implying the US is third world
nice meme, commie.

LOL. You guys think a CPA works for the government? Are you morons.

I am the private sector.

In 9 years i went from College to partner in my firm.

And taxes makes up about 25% of what i do.

You kids are probably either doing your own taxes, turbo tax, or H&R block because your income is so simple.

Try harder. Live the american dream and own your own business.

In Washington making $70,000 a year I am taxed 22% of my income. I am single and don't own a house.

Started at 50k.
In 5 years i doubled my salary to 100k plus 10k in bonuses every year.
After i made partner last year, i make a base salary of $200k plus $100-$200k in bonuses based on the firms year end performance.

what are you, chicken?

private sector compensates you for that, and if you aren't shit at your job you'll be fine.

Well, if he is in the 31% or 36% bracket, and 9% for California state income tax, 7.65% SS tax, it isn't hard to believe. If he makes low 6 figures, say $110,000, he'll have an effective Fed rate of 28%. Add 9% state, and SS tax, you're at 44.65%. California also has high property tax - even if he rents, a significant portion of his rent is property tax paid by the owner. Then, add in gasoline taxes (state and federal), the rising cost of government mandated healthcare, and car insurance - which are actually disguised taxes - and add in sales tax, phone taxes, etc - and god help him if he had some bitch turn out a kid he didn't want - you could wind up paying about 85% of your pay in government requirements and taxes.

>Owns his own business
>Has a tax booth inside Walmart during tax season

LA LA LA LA LA DONT CARE NUMBER ONE CUNTRY WE DA BEST

Unless you happen to live in one of the 7 states that doesn't have an Income Tax, you are paying more in Tax than Australians (Only the Federal Government levies Income Tax in Australia).

The only people this doesn't apply to is very rich people because Australia has a higher marginal tax rate but It doesn't start kicking in until you reel in the the big bucks

doesn't matter.
eventually taxes will raise to meet the population growth

Bump I'm tired of talking about Googles I want to hear from anons of different countries