Are there any people here who are sincerely Christian?

Are there any people here who are sincerely Christian?

I don't mean "deus vult" autism roleplay shit; I mean actually believing in miracles and the supernatural.

I've never met a practicing Christian who wasn't an immigrant from Poland or Africa.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/mrtomff7/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=UAp6KUwEBZs
youtube.com/watch?v=fIrZZHC27QQ
youtube.com/watch?v=t8Zb5AhU0eI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ljv4eKEHYD4
youtube.com/watch?v=gHofTmolbi0
cimc.org/romans.html
pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
multivax.com/last_question.html
youtube.com/channel/UCf7UKslwT23nmUwsMMO48xw
youtube.com/watch?v=XaO_aH4cthg&index=1&list=PLebLAvrUbivauJRKwU7LHi8cmz6ZfWUHC
youtube.com/watch?v=Gr8Az3QQZdI
youtube.com/watch?v=dPTcnZXN8WY&nohtml5=False
youtube.com/watch?v=s9_o7NGTkJc
youtube.com/watch?v=rUV4CSs0HzI&list=PLftzcs-q3kU7pR8s8S6_LkyH6Y_fe1BWm&index=1
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes I am, I really can't stand the whole deus vult thing here, and when you try and discuss the bible everyone calls you a Jew and goes back to roleplaying the crusades.

Yes.

The main reason so many in the West find religion ridiculous is because they have been indoctrinated with materialism, and if it is true that matter is all that exists, then of course religion is ridiculous because religion is concerned primarily with the spirit. All you need to do is understand the distinction between matter and spirit - a distinction made by almost all peoples/societies in history, and by many of the world's most distinguished philosophers both ancient (particularly Plato and Aristotle) and modern - and you will understand why people have taken religion seriously for thousands of years. Literally, that is the only step you need to make, to understand the distinction between matter and mind/spirit. Then you will be able to imagine that mind/spirit is separable from matter, and therefore hypothetically immortal, which immediately makes religion not only important, but of the highest importance.

Most people that believe unquestioningly in materialism are not able to defend it philosophically. In fact, I think it's a very weak position philosophically. But people in the West have been conditioned into accepting materialism because our academic/intellectual elite is secular humanist.

There are 3 reasons why people don't believe in God.

1. They misunderstand the nature of the spirit, namely, they think that it is mortal and dies with the body, or is the same thing as the body.

2. They are attached to worldly pleasures which makes them neglect spiritual matters.

3. A corrupt conscience. They know that if there were a God they would have someone to answer to for their guilty conscience, so they prefer to bury their guilt and pretend there is no God.

These 3 reasons are given in the Book of Wisdom, Chapter II.

>Book of Wisdom, Chapter II.

For they have said, reasoning with themselves, but not right: The time of our life is short and tedious, and in the end of a man there is no remedy, and no man hath been known to have returned from hell: For we are born of nothing, and after this we shall be as if we had not been: for the breath in our nostrils is smoke: and speech a spark to move our heart, Which being put out, our body shall be ashes, and our spirit shall be poured abroad as soft air, and our life shall pass away as the trace of a cloud, and shall be dispersed as a mist, which is driven away by the beams of the sun, and overpowered with the heat thereof: And our name in time shall be forgotten, and no man shall have any remembrance of our works. For our time is as the passing of a shadow, and there is no going back of our end: for it is fast sealed, and no man returneth.

Come therefore, and let us enjoy the good things that are present, and let us speedily use the creatures as in youth. Let us fill ourselves with costly wine, and ointments: and let not the flower of the time pass by us. Let us crown ourselves with roses, before they be withered: let no meadow escape our riot. Let none of us go without his part in luxury: let us everywhere leave tokens of joy: for this is our portion, and this our lot. Let us oppress the poor just man, and not spare the widow, nor honour the ancient grey hairs of the aged.

But let our strength be the law of justice: for that which is feeble, is found to be nothing worth. Let us therefore lie in wait for the just, because he is not for our turn, and he is contrary to our doings, and upbraideth us with transgressions of the law, and divulgeth against us the sins of our way of life. He boasteth that he hath the knowledge of God, and calleth himself the son of God. He is become a censurer of our thoughts. He is grievous unto us, even to behold: for his life is not like other men' s, and his ways are very different.

We are esteemed by him as triflers, and he abstaineth from our ways as from filthiness, and he preferreth the latter end of the just, and glorieth that he hath God for his father. Let us see then if his words be true, and let us prove what shall happen to him, and we shall know what his end shall be. For if he be the true son of God, he will defend him, and will deliver him from the hands of his enemies. Let us examine him by outrages and tortures, that we may know his meekness and try his patience. Let us condemn him to a most shameful death: for there shall be respect had unto him by his words.

These things they thought, and were deceived: for their own malice blinded them. And they knew not the secrets of God, nor hoped for the wages of justice, nor esteemed the honour of holy souls. For God created man incorruptible, and to the image of his own likeness he made him. But by the envy of the devil, death came into the world: And they follow him that are of his side.

desu i prayed 10 years straight for my father to stop drinking and stopped when i finally moved out

You are a smart man. Ive been falling away in my faith recently, thank you for the words. I think i know where i stand in my beliefs now, God bless

I am a Christian.

Proof:

Glory to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, now and ever, and unto ages of ages. Amen.

this

Amen.

Christianity is the noble lie. So I believe in it the way non-plebs first used it. I believe in civilization.

There's a fourth that you missed. Some of us weren't raised religious. My family is as godless as I am and there's no real inroad to make into believing something that is by definition irrational when you don't start with the belief. Faith can only exist at reason's convenience.

I tried, too, I've read the bible, I've gone to church, I've talked to holy men, I've prayed myself. But there's not an inkling of faith.

Christian checking in. Jesus Christ is my Lord and savior. I am redeemed by His blood.

I believe in jesus and the god
fight me

>Christian
this is a gay-ass term invented by cuckservatives to get protestants to vote for non-protestant candidates

fact is, all of you non-Catholics are going to hell

>I've never met a practicing Christian who wasn't an immigrant from Poland or Africa.

They exist.
They're really quite impressive and intimidating.

'who am i to judge gay people'
'jews go to heaven too'

-just some guy nbd

The same church that just randomly decided half the bible shouldn't be followed anymore in the 1960's for no reason whatsoever?

>cathlocucks

go pray to your man in Rome

How does one distinguish matter from spirit.

I am

>There's a fourth that you missed.

Well if there's a fourth reason I'd probably say it was this , namely, scandal at the evil in the world.

>Some of us weren't raised religious. My family is as godless as I am and there's no real inroad to make into believing something that is by definition irrational when you don't start with the belief. Faith can only exist at reason's convenience.

I wasn't raised religious whatsoever. I was agnostic growing up. I had a vague idea about God, but never made up my mind whether God existed or not. When something bad happened to me I decided not to believe in God, and only then did I really get into proving that God didn't exist and ridiculing believers, and thinking that I was smart for not believing in God.

Reason and faith are not opposed. Faith is belief in truths revealed by God which are above (our) reason, but not contrary to reason. What is unreasonable about the proposition that an infinite Divine Mind understand something that we can't comprehend, yet wants us to know? That's what faith is, the assent of the mind to truths which are above our capacity to know by our own natural powers.

A lot of things came together to change my mind about God. One was reading Plato. After reading Plato I could never be a materialist again. I had always had a vague intuition that my mind was something distinct from my body, but after rejecting God I tried to embrace materialism. Reading Plato gave me an understanding of why my mind is distinct from my body. From there, it was not that difficult to believe that my mind was immortal and that there was a God. Plato speaks of God as the transcendent Good, Truth, Beauty, the source of all goodness, truth, and beauty in our world.

I am i was attending church activities about 3-5 times weekly, i stoped but i still have veary positive opinion about it

>I tried, too, I've read the bible, I've gone to church, I've talked to holy men, I've prayed myself. But there's not an inkling of faith.

Faith is ultimately a gift from God. Despite being intellectually convinced of there being a God, or at least a transcendent Good, I only turned to God as an absolute last resort when I had no other choice because my life had become that desperate. I know when I read the Bible it was like a light in mind. I don't always get that when I read. I know some people don't get that even though they spend their whole lives studying the Bible, and never come close to having faith. It's something you have to be spiritually prepared for first. In a sense you do have to *want* to believe.

I thought it went

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be. World without end, Amen.'

Catholic here.

I wrote a letter to my parish and archdiocese denouncing the errors of Pope Francis and asking them to prove me wrong when I have every Catholic saint and pontiff throughout history supporting me in spirit and truth (they can't).

Yes, i have strong faith in the lord Jesus Christ, and i also believe this world had a spiritual imbalance. Those who are not saved are susceptable to demon posessions.

The Eastern religions do it through practices of meditation. That's not how I learned it though. I learned it from reading Plato's dialogues. Plato takes your mind through an argument which leads back to the first principles of thought/reasoning, at that point your mind becomes confused, and becomes aware of itself as something distinct from matter / the senses. It's difficult to describe. The Greek terms are aporia (confusion) and theoria (contemplation). Basically, it's like being hyper-aware of your own mental activity, so that you realise that this mental activity is taking place on a different level to your senses, which gives you an intuitive understanding that your mind is not dependent on your body.

However, one way to show that the mind and the body, or spirit and matter, are distinct is to look at the intellectual concept, e.g. the concept of "triangle" applies to all possible triangles, that do exist or that ever have or will exist - regardless of size, colour, etc. This means that the concept of triangle is itself universal. It does not refer to any particular triangle. Now the fact that the concept is universal means that it is not material, because all material things are individual. This goes for all our concepts - all our concepts have this quality of universality which shows that they are abstract/immaterial, which shows that our mind, or at least a part of our mind, has a spiritual/immaterial activity.

Will you consider a Mormon like me Christian?

I am extremely curious to read about Plato myself, have you any sources or recommendations in regards to where to find it/ what to read?

No, because the two main Christian mysteries are the Trinity and the Incarnation (see: Athanasian Creed). If you do not believe in these you simply cannot be called Christian.

I believe in God, though in a deist sense. My paster loved citing enlightenment era literature on the nature of the spirit and it's connection to the natural world and it clicked with me.

I'm not going to hell

r-right?

Yes

i consider myself as christian, even tho i wont go church every sunday, but know most of common prayer's, and feel god being part of my life. Often my friend's and people around me wont belive that im in faith. Because they seen me as science-type-of-guy, i also try to convert peoples to faith by telling my own opinion's and different sides of being faith, im also batisted, and gone throw of sacrament's that i've suposed.

oh,and i belive both creationism and evolution theory. in my view science and faith dont over rule each other, but more likely complete each other.

even tho im in faith and hope to everybody find god, i cant stand those hypocrites who think that everybody should belive how they do and rub all that faith shit in others face.

Pretty much this. We can see the full extent of the lack of a spiritual life of the west, traded by consumerism, in art. Look at the state of art today and you will understand on how deep shit we all are.

Matter is something you can experience with the 5 senses : taste, touch smell. see and hear. Spirit is not experienced by the 5 senses. Make up your own rules there.

It was invented in Antioch in the first century you fucking retard

The only way to not go to hell is to accept Jesus Christ. No other way user

I read the online versions that are free, by a Victorian professor called Jowett. These are the standard translations you can easily find online.

I was in a shop reading from this single volume "Collected Works of Plato", and the translation was awful. They had translated Plato into this very dry, robotic style which showed the translators' bias, that they thought of Plato merely as a logician who puts forward arguments. They missed the point of Plato entirely. Plato's method of teaching is actually artistic or even mystical, in a sense. His point is not to teach you anything in particular or to make you understand any particular argument, but to teach your mind to question its most basic premises so that it learns to doubt itself, which ultimately leads to the contemplation of the mind itself and its first principles. In other words, when you read Plato don't get so caught up in trying to analyse the arguments and assessing their validity, but allow your mind to be caught up in the process of the dialogue itself.

how long can spirit stop poop

i can do it but only for like half a day

does spirit poop its own poop

Oh, forgot to say that the good thing about the Jowett version is that they preserve the poetic/beautiful side of Plato which imo is absolutely essential.

Bump Brit bro did well.
I'm reading excerpts from Summa Theologia and stuff from CS Lewis.

that's the story they told anyway.
Jesus Christ was not a christian.

No, actually, I think this "spirit" you speak of is a nice fairy tale you wish very hard to be true, but nothing more.

>I don't mean "deus vult" autism roleplay shit;
>I mean actually believing in miracles and the supernatural.
I fail to see how both aren't autisimal, much like I don't know how you're not autistic yourself.

Faggot.

I'm a Roman Catholic, go to Mass weekly at a FSSP parish that says the Mass acording to the 1962 missal.

There is some truth in the existence of a spiritual life man. Believe it.

Yes. I'm a catholic.

I'm not a good one, but I am one.

The leaf knows what's up

with magical undies.
show me yours and i'll show you mine

Thank you very much, I found a site containing Jowett's translations. Gonna be a long read, but worth it.

yes

Oh, and I will say this. It's one of the most common mistakes that people make when reading Plato. I think it was Kierkegaard actually who may have taught me not to make this mistake reading Plato.

The mistake people make is that they think Socrates is a troll who is only pretending to be dumb in order to catch out his opponents and prove them wrong. This is a fundamental misunderstanding of Socrates' character, at least Plato's Socrates. The point about Socrates is that he SINCERELY believes that he is the most ignorant man alive, and his reason for questioning other people about their beliefs is not to prove them stupid or wrong, but because, 1. he sincerely believes other people are wiser than himself and can teach him something, 2. he believes that by questioning other people, he can get them to understand their own ideas better (Socrates believes that the truth is innate in everyone's souls, and has to be discovered by a process of reflection). If you think Socrates is just a troll you will never understand the real point of the Dialogues or Socrates. That is to arrive at the point where you can truly say, "The only thing I know is that I know nothing", to arrive at this profound understanding of your own ignorance. If Socrates is just a know-it-all who goes around tricking people in to proving themselves dumber than him, then he's literally no more important than your average troll and Plato's obsession with him is pointless.

Yes I believe. God is the best explanation for the existence of the universe, the apparent fine tuning, and the existence of objective morality. The historical facts surrounding the death and resurrection of Jesus is why I am a Christian.

cognitive dissonants and infidels
roman baths in sulpher hells

What would you think of a man who sees these things as obviously not real, but nonetheless lives by a moral and philosophical code that embraces most values traditionally associated with Jesus Christ ?

>Yes.
Absolutely. Hardcore Catholic. Believe it all. It's not that difficult. Start with Augustine. Try Frank Sheed. Chesterton.

>"goons for christ" b8 post
Go proselytize somewhere else.

Huge Chesterton fan. One of the good Anglos for sure.

ITT: skype shills

I'm Catholic and I do believe in the supernatural and miracles. The "Deus vult" thing is just another ridiculous meme to push retards to fight an useless war in another continent when they should stay at home working, making kids and burning bankers/politicians alive.

Yes. I've been Christian for my whole life and have never seriously doubted the existence of God, though I didn't start attending church on a weekly basis until last January. I'm gonna vote for Trump because he's better than Clinton, but I have a nasty feeling that he's the Antichrist, and all you KeK people aren't helping.

Do you believe what they did to the children?
Whole bunch of upright buggerers they are.

I am

Most of the board.

I had no idea about that, so thanks a lot. I will definitely keep that in mind when reading. Highly appreciate all the long posts btw, you're doing good work mate.

Yeah. Gaylords gotta gay. Fucking homos. What can I tell you? They had nowhere else to go so they found shelter in the Church. I don't judge them though. That's not my place. Sorry.

i start my morning with a few bible verses and pray often. thats about it

that's right the church sheltered them and not the kids.

>Supports multiculturalism
>Supports race mixing
>Supports spreading your other cheek to the enemy
>Worships a kike in a stick
>Worships a god that literally decided jews are the "chosen' people and will go to heaven no matter what

Is there a more cucked goy religion than christianity?

What if I want to become Catholic but love fucking whores? It's not the focus of my life but I'm in a situation I likely won't be in for the rest of my life

>tfw 19 and in my prime, want to eventually settle down with a traditional girl, but I view whores as nothing and have no problem using them

I read the bible unironically.
Jesus Christ is my lord and savior
LSD, Benadryl, and religious texts fast track some of of the stuff. It helps you break away from ingrained scientific/materialist realism pushed by contemporary secular society.

Is basically spot on. Unfortunately I don't see how I would have come to the light without the drugs. I think taking them out of earnest despair, not temptation might be the loophole.

Practicing Christian here. I don't conversate in blasphemy threads so OP can take his lapsed Catholic Pepe on a stick and mamma's linguini to hell with him

Yes

You're a fucking degenerate piece of shit and you should go fuck yourself, don't defile a pure girl if you can't keep yourself pure

HUEHUEHUEHUE

>1776

The Founding Fathers will it.

no doubt

Some say here that this white christ of yours was Baldur. He was made immortal, but killed by a misteltoe, which was the one catch. Loki ofc was behind it all. All the chicks wanted him, He was all goodie too.

I think they are projecting here TBQH, but you never know. He is the son of God and shit, and was immortal. He now has to sit with Hel due too this crap.

We believe the Father, the son, and the holy ghost are three seperate beings, some clarification would be the the fact that while Jesus was upon the earth he always spike of the father's will, and not of his. Another example would be whenever god speaks down from heaven to say that he is pleased with his son. I don't think that the same entity would just pat their own back like that.

read the gospel

>look at the art of today
holy shit you have a point, but then again i guess there is a reason renaissance painters usually portrayed religious scenes

I fap and have gf am i also degenerate?

sorry man, not married, so I don't have temple garments yet :( I hve to serve a mission first

yes the purity of a whore will transform you

can you believe in miracles and the supernatural while resisting the temptation to anthropomorphize a divine creator?

distinguishing matter from spirit doesn't imply any abrahamic religion is accurate or true

strong possibility
ask your gf

i'm sure you will serve many emissions by then

Yeah I am sincerely Christian. I even believe the world is only 6000~ years old.

Y-you too

ok muhammed

I'm a practicing Catholic and I go to church every week.

However,

>immigrated from Poland

Yes. I am a Christian. If Jesus' Resurrection was a lie than Christianity is false. I believe it and evidence supports it. Moreover he died FOR ME. Not just that he died.

the true believer in Jesus really believes they will "get into heaven" after they die because Jesus purportedly said so
the reasoning of a baby

I have to question how many of those are actual Christians.

How many think the crusades were a good thing for Christians in the long run.
how many are gay, traps or sexual deviants who still think God is fine with that.
How many think what the bible teaches is great but don't actually believe in Jesus as the son of god or a higher power.

>evidence supports it
your standard for evidence must be very low

>sexual deviants who still think God is fine with that.
I definitely don't think God is okay with my predilection for girlyboys

but if i don't act on said preference, i'm in the clear? or do i still get assraped by Satan.

Fuck off kike.

convinced me
are Christians more retarded than Muslims? evidence supports it

heres a channel where thousands of people are healed on the street

youtube.com/user/mrtomff7/videos

not only do i believe in miracles but you can still do them today

but do you know why only a handful of people actually are capable of doing it, because we dont have any faith.... people are all smug and think "oh miracles are impossible today" and they dont believe so jesus doesnt grant

>And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

>And these signs will accompany those who believe: In My name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18they will pick up snakes with their hands, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not harm them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will be made well.”

(((Jesus)))

well, seeing as the only arguments against the empty tomb you fedoras can come up with is "the disciples must have moved the body!" and then they willingly got tortured to death for believing he rose from the dead I'm gonna stick with believing he actually did rise from the dead.

>americans are literally this dumb

youtube.com/watch?v=UAp6KUwEBZs - Dead Sea Scrolls OT | NT before 68 AD @30:00
youtube.com/watch?v=fIrZZHC27QQ - Extra Biblical Sources of Jesus in History
youtube.com/watch?v=t8Zb5AhU0eI - Biblical Archeology [Stones of Israel] With Don Patton Ph.D
youtube.com/watch?v=Ljv4eKEHYD4 - New Testament Archaeology With Don Patton Ph.D
youtube.com/watch?v=gHofTmolbi0 - 06 - The Resurrection of Jesus by Tim McGrew

Yes, I'm also first generation polish lol.

I obviously don't believe or like a lot of the stuff on this board, a lot of the racism, doxx, Jew hate, but I guess it's nice to see some people that aren't edgy atheists. And maybe they'll see the light

Book of proverbs is the best.

>Christian standard of proof
yup Christians are more retarded than Muslims
Christian threads should be banned

I am a true and sincere christian, I was saved when I was 16. I was not at any youth camp or other IRL meme-tier event

if you are looking for someone to talk to, or if any of you guys on here are actually christian as well, I would love to be able to talk to someone from here.

I have thought about making a thread before on how to attain salvation as well. Modern day protestant denominations are, no joke, heretical, but that goes for the catholic church as well. I do not know whether the professing catholics here are just LARPers or something, but if you compare some of the catholic tenets and canons to the true bible, which is the KJV, there are massive flaws.

Likewise, many of the modern-day denominations are actual heretics. Some examples of false churches are episcopal, unitarian, certain pentecostal extremists, christianity offshoots (mormons, jehovas witnesses, christian church of science)

Again, if any of you would like to discuss this in depth, I am open to it.
Your eternal soul is not something to joke about. I have actually read the bible cover to cover, and at one point was considering going to seminary to serve god full-time, but I admit I am afraid of the times that we live in.

I just want to make clear, to anyone who will see this - all that is required to attain salvation is to accept that we are sinners (that isn't hard at all), there has to be a price for sin by a holy and just god, and that you recognize and receive Jesus Christ as the unblemished blood atonement for ALL of your wrongdoings. There is nothing more that is required of you whatsoever, you do not have to be baptized to go to heaven, you do not have to jump through hoops.

I do not express any affiliation with this denominations link, but look at the bottom of the page here, this is all you need to know, its the roman's road to salvation.
cimc.org/romans.html

You can just hide our posts and our threads if they hurt your feelings so much.

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

not an argument

Ok that was pretty funny.

amen bro

the catholics are just basically athiests still .... theyre so focused on degenercy in culture and their morals and their idols and their pope and their saints and their whole system they forgot how simple salvation is and think you need an interpreter to tell you what Jesus said lol

all you have to do is believe

believing in your own system is not believing in Jesus

Sadly true. Most Catholics I speak to compromise on the Bible when it is clearly God breathed.

I'm an actual practicing Catholic. Kind of ironic for us burgers that you're Irish, since Irish accents are still almost reflexively associated with three things in the U.S.--drinking, police officers, and priests.

Anyway, I went through periods of my life where I either didn't really care much about my religion or wasn't even sure if I believed in God, but in my early 20s I decided to just try being a Catholic for real instead of half-assing it. It has worked out so far for me just fine.

A lot of miracles and stuff like that are probably superstitions and I'm fine admitting that. The Earth is round, evolution is real, science is great, yadda yadda yadda. Religion doesn't have to clash with modernity as much as people often seem to believe.

the true Bible is the original greek/hebrew

what is worse is the direct violation of the scripture which references doctrines of demons

1 Timothy 4King James Version (KJV)

4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

>3 Forbidding to marry,
and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Many more things could be said about the catholic heresies, such as praying to humans(saints), prayers of repitition (7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.), calling the catholic clergy father, and many more things

again though, it needs to be known that many of the protestant denominations in our time are heretical as well. I am not biased by reasons of my OPINION, i am biased by reasons of true reverence of scripture and proper doctrine.
Doctrine is very important, you need to ensure you are on the right path and aren't being led astray by a wolf or a blind man

I'm aware, but I can't read greek or hebrew.

Can you?
This isn't a pissing contest man, you know damn well what I mean by the true bible, or do you?
Compare the KJV to the NIV, many verses have been removed from the NIV version, and the words have been changed to remove the true depths of their meaning

I'd say I'm in the "in-between". Ever since I've read about those crazy Christians in America my faith have been shaken. Right now I feel confused and guilty.

I'm Catholic and I've always felt guilty when it comes to my faith (in a good way I guess). It's easy to claim myself as Catholic but most of the time I remember the horrible things that I've done whenever I talk about faith (disrespect to parents, etc.).

It's easy to ask God for forgiveness but I still feel guilty about it. Maybe it's because of the delusional beliefs I've had when I was a hardcore liberal.

I'm not even sure where I am going to go once I die.

Anyways, I'm doing my best to do help everyone in need (in a non cucky way, of course). It's what God wants and I'm willing to help everyone for as long as they can help themselves (if they totally can't help themselves I will still help them until they get back on their feet).

What I basically want is for my faith to totally come back. Right now I'm in the grey side of things. I'm very happy to help everyone and do good for the world (as long as my services aren't abused or I'm being lied to).

most people don't like reading thou thee thy, etc. What's wrong with NKJV?

>I'm not even sure where I am going to go once I die.

What does Romans 10:9 say?

>Indoctrinated by materialism
Yes observing the natural world and studying it is doctrine but your religious sand nigger book is the ultimate truth of the universe.
>Most people that believe unquestioningly in materialism are not able to defend it philosophically.
Lets chat then! first of all why do you claim a realm of spirits exists without evidence?

I'm Roman Catholic and was an altar boy in my youth. I've struggled with the miracle stuff but the tenets ring true, and I despise those who take advantage of others, I despise predators of society. I don't agree with much that is said here but I love the discussion, the freedom, the transparency and the verve, the life, the urge to connect and discuss issues plainly. Well, not quite plainly, but nothing like the walls put up in popular media. Great post, my friend. I

I used to be christian, but after going through some bad times, I stopped believing.

Back then, my only hope was God. I had depression, and the only thing helping me cope with all the suffering was Him. Now, I only feel despair: I can no longer believe. I have witnessed many miracles myself, yet, I can no longer believe in God.

Don't ever lose your faith, guys. Hold onto it with all your strength, it is all that matters in this world

You got a point there.

ya they believe in all kinds of delusions which means they dont really believe in it.... if they think it can be twisted

if you not a biblical literalist who believes in literal 6 day creation 6000 years ago and all the miracles
then you aint a christian

and all the things that athiests think is foolish

im not compromising with no athiests.... catholics love to do that on everything to seem more rational and appeal to their thinking

i dont really believe in any denomination i would go to a baptist or a fundamentalist or a generic christian church that teaches the bible with nothing added

therse actually a lot of churches like that they just have their own name and its like community bible church or something random

thats the only place likely to be safe

Your post seems a little contradictory.

>therse actually a lot of churches like that they just have their own name and its like community bible church or something random

that is exactly right, most churches with truthful teaching are either independent baptists, churches standing alone, or from some denomination you've never heard of (Christian Missionary Alliance, Church of the Nazarene, these are just two)

Religion is a coping mechanism.

If you were born in the ME you would be Muslim.
If you were born in Israel you would be Jewish.
If you were born in the USA you would be Christian.
It's nice to take strength from someone you feel is looking out for you or is subtly pushing you to do the good thing.
Losing that faith is a personal peril but no man should be punished or persuaded because of his choices until they begin hurting others.

I struggled with that in my early days as a Christian. It took a lot of reading and study to go understand why evolution is wrong and why long ages are wrong.

I can certainly understand why people struggle against this great delusion today but I don't encourage it.

I don't hate Catholics or even Protestants but I do wish they'd read their Bibles with eyes towards what God wants them to do.

Church of Christ is another. Its one I go to. We're a community of Christians who study the bible to find the truth.

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men.

26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

30 But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

31 That, according as it is written, He that glorieth, let him glory in the Lord.

Reread the book of Job. God gives and takes away but never cease to praise Him for your reward will be great later on.

Do you even know how many Christians are being butchered in the ME right now? or how many Christians live in Jerusalem? I bet you assume being born in China makes you Buddhist or secularist even though it has the fastest growing Christian church in the world. Pull your head out of your ass.

I agape you too, bro.

Yeah, I am not exactly a nazi-wannabe stereotypical Cred Forumslack who uses parentheses around Jew names and drops the n word every five seconds either. But hot damn, the culture gets more and more insanely PC with each passing week. I need Cred Forums as a place to enjoy unfiltered humor and anti-liberalism with some style.

"An evil and adulterous generation seeks after a sign; and a sign will not be given it, except the sign of Jonah." And He left them and went away."

I know that when we get to heaven, he will wipe every tear from our eye

But I also remember the story of Lazarus the beggar, and the rich man. Recall that As Lazarus stood with Abraham, he was aware of the rich man burning in hell. Likewise, The rich man could see abraham, and obviously could retain some level of memory as he was concerned with telling his family of the truth

it makes me wonder if one day we can finally meet other anons in our state of perfection, or if because of the negative association this site has we might not know each other for it

nonetheless, we will meet each other some day

not only is there growing populations of christians in other nations as user pointed outbut god BLESSED america literally and thats where most the christians come from today

think back before christianity , the believers were contained to a tiny tiny space of the land of israel

so basically , NOT AN ARGUMENT

Pope Francis is not of God.

Also, Cred Forums is one of the few places where people can just speak uncomfortable truths without having to worry about losing a job or friends. I don't have muslims, for example, but I sure as hell have huge problems with Islam. There's a reason other religions' terrorist groups are amateur hour in comparison. It doesn't make me feel great to say that or believe it, by my nature I'm very much a live-and-let-live kind of guy and with a different upbringing I could easily have ended up some kind of feel-good liberal who just thinks we can all be super nice to each other and everything will be great, stop the hate guys lol #bringbackourgirls etc.

So many people can barely say what's obviously true about the world, and if they can they often look and sound guilty about it and have to add all these qualifiers and disclaimers and apologies. It sucks.

Yes in fact I'm an evangelical Christian.

I was actually a fan of GWB back in the day.

But Mr. Trump has broken the spell & I now see him for the starter of useless wars that he was.

I meant "I don't hate muslims" fucking typos.

I really don't know for sure if we'll meet anyone here in perfection except for us Christians who really do love God.

1 Corinthians 3:15 KJV
15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

This seems to only pertain to believers. So I'm guessing its a no. Also the OT makes it sound like they'll simply be reduced to ash. Even the devil will be.

We'll have tears for a reason user.

that feel when god is probably going to wipe our minds LOL

Isaiah 65:17
For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind.

Oh well do you really want to have these sick graphic memories in your head for eternity PROLLY NOT

Not all tales have fairies, user.

Belief is a choice, Brazil bro. This may sound stupid or overly simplistic, but maybe you should try just committing to the belief. So many things in life seem automatic, when they are actually choices in disguise. People choose to love others or to stop loving them. They claim they "fall" out of love but that's bullshit they tell themselves to make it easier.

You say you can no longer believe in God, but maybe you just haven't tried enough. "Can" is a pretty strong word.

This is actually a comfort to me. I have seen and felt too much sick shit. I'm so done with this crap.

We are little christs, our king is honorable, loyal, courageous and gentle.
We follow in his footsteps till our path carries us to our all father who awaits our arrival in the golden fields of heaven in which his radiance gives never ending light to the infinite dark.
Our ancestors are waiting, our king is waiting, our father is waiting.

This is a joke right. No way pol is full of blue pilled religious people. I can't accept that. This is an elaborate troll.

I like to believe in Christianity this way.

God is humanity in the future and or the coding/simulation that is the universe/reality. We're "made in his image"

Adam and eve is 2 microbes and genesis is a parable bbecause the jews had too primitive science for the real explanation.

This is all some sort of infinite fractal loop that we solve, we just haven't yet.

Or not. But believing this gives me the hope of an afterlife, the ability to accept science, and be a kinder person.

The ultimate red pill.

multivax.com/last_question.html

Atheists are the blue pilled, they can't even know anything to be true

>nihilism and godlessness is the true redpill! you are nothing more than matter and your life has no true purpose or meaning at all

not so fast Mordecai

exactly, and yeah iktf

i started off on Cred Forums many years ago as a teenager here, funny how life works, i never would have thought someone like me would come to know god

yeah

i'm sure those of us who are saved, know that we are

I have to ask you guys though, did any of you receive the holy spirit?

>Also, Cred Forums is one of the few places where people can just speak uncomfortable truths without having to worry about losing a job or friends.
RIGHT ON.
Worried that people conspire to demonize us and shut it down. Google and all that.

>know that we are
I do strangely know I am saved and yes I have received the holy spirit. Shortly after baptism or during. I'm not sure about the timing. Whenever I ask God for the comforter in Christs name. He is sent.

God is faithful so don't be afraid to ask.

Red pilled does not mean knowing everything you idiot, just facts. Meanwhile pretending you know everything by explaining it with 'an invisible sky wizard did it' is patently blue pilled. You're literally no different from feminists who blame everything on men and patriarchy.

Accepting a religious system written in an old jewish book without any shred of proof is not being redpilled user. "Feeling" something, so it must be true, is not being redpilled. Every religion throughout history used those same arguments. It was silly for Egyptians and it's silly for you.

The whole nature of being "redpilled" is learning the unpleasant truth at the expense of the grand lie we've all been told.

The Lie: There is a nice god and he loves you, and we'll all get to be with him forever and you can see your ancestors together again and EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT, as long as you do this thing.

The Truth: We're the product of a natural process, and when we die, worms eat our brain, and it ends.

We aren't pretending. I bet if you asked. Some of us didn't even want to be Christian at first. I sure didn't but I knew it was the truth.

would you be willing to stay in contact via some means? i am not saying we're going to be besties or anything weird man, its just that for a long time i have sought someone out who is aware of reality, but is also christian and truly saved

also, how have you been able to deal with the conviction of the holy spirit when you visit this site?
i know its so wrong but i've been here for 6 years now

>strangely
ha, not strange at all. the holy spirit is the sealing of our salvation, who sanctifies us. ruach

Kekism is a running half joke, it's not an actual religious ceremony, it's a social ceremony apart of our culture.
It's like math applied to social interactions, inaccurate, inarticulate, but explosively convincing when everything lines up.

I used to think it was weird till I started thinking about it.

Trump is probably the final hero of Christianity, maybe the gatekeeper that the bible talks about who will usher us into the end times.

I doubt he's the AC or related to anything biblical, but if I had to put money on it Id say he's the last rally point of man before we are totally consumed by darkness.

Like we are being gathered for one last fight.

Naturalism where there is no judge nor moral absolutes is a comforting lie and you know it.

druidic pagan until I die. christians are like weak sheep and you will go the same way.

I worship in the gods beautiful creation of this earth, not a man made temple.

>We aren't pretending. I bet if you asked. Some of us didn't even want to be Christian at first. I sure didn't but I knew it was the truth.
This exact same argument is used by Muslims. They are born into country with a religious system; it imprints on them; they resist it, but eventually give in. Every religion has an equivalent story. It's not unique to Christianity.

And feminists just "know" that straight white men are the cause of all the world's problems. Again, your feefees don't mean shit and are the antithesis of red pilled.

I don't know. As soon as I feel sad and try to have faith, I feel like i'm using religion just to comforst myself. As Dostoevsky once said:

>I am the son of disbelief and doubt, until the present and even to my grave. What terrible suffering caused me, and still causes, the thirst of belief, even stronger in my soul as it's bigger the number of contrary arguments that in me exist! There is nothing beautier, deeper, and more perfect than Christ. Not only there is nothing, but there can't be.

I'll risk it sure. Want my email or my skype?

I am a very recent convert user. Baptized March 14th of this year.

I don't see any evidence for mortal absolutes. What do you suppose these could be? Killing is wrong in western society, but it's not wrong in other societies. Even kidfucking, which is pretty much the worst thing you can do now, was fine in ancient semitic cultures. The Greeks allowed it too. Native American boys became men by stealing something from another tribe undetected. Where in all of history do you see any moral absolutes?

yes i received the holy spirit 3-4 years ago when i was 18 started off small time conspiracies and alex jones type stuff and slowly received revelations

and my first introduction to the bible was revelations and how it relates to the times were living in

so thats basically where it all corresponded together and i called out on Jesus to save me

having been an agnostic my whole life

i couldnt have been saved without having a lot of time on my hands to sit on the computer researching stuff

i got saved through the internet gradually

then Jesus said you should also get baptised so a few days later i got baptised at a church as an emergency i called them up

lol

I have a question for you Christians, it's about the nature of Jesus, did he have 2 separate human and divine nature, purely human/divine or a single synthesis between human and divine?

I'm curious what the general consensus is.

That is because you don't search for that evidence.

on the contrary, naturalists cannot know anything is true, as all of their brain functions are simply chemical reactions that could be leading them astray.

The truth is that their must be an eternal logos for anything to exist. Call it whatever you want, a necessary force that began the Big Bang. Every function of this world is simple cause and effect, dominoes falling over, something knocked over the first domino. Call it whatever you want, we call it God.

The lie is that you are nothing more than a purposeless animal. I wonder what secular (((((white))))) people spread that lie?

>my first introduction to the bible was revelations
Heh. That is funny because that is true for me too. Although it made little sense at first and I had to study the OT to make sense of it.

Son of an all father. What did he die for?
Didn't Odin hang or something for something?

Do you think an objective religious truth can spring from "Norse Christianity"?
You are Norwegian.

Why is it always Argentina that have the cool guys?

Purely human and purely divine. He grew in wisdom as he grew up but his divine nature often took precedence in his later years. Either way He is the Son of God.

Please be aware that I have not been to Church in some time but if you wish to contact me I'm OK with that. It's a little sad we are so terrified of each other, and I'm breaking a tenet of this board by not being anonymous, but you can email me here, using rot13 to decrypt it.
[email protected]
I'll do what I can to respond but information and support is probably bigger right here, or on reddit if you can stand their popularity system, which I cannot.

You are going to go through a time where you feel at peace and at home with the universe. Then the doubts will begin to creep in, the whole thing will collapse, and you will be back where you started. Sooner or later you will have to face the facts. The universe will die to heat death. Your ego will perish. You will end. There is no plan.

That's not an answer. Do you just assume I pose the question but have never actually thought of it? What is an example of a moral absolute?

>The truth is that their must be an eternal logos for anything to exist.
You could say, there must be an unmoved mover, or a first cause, or a being with no unrealized potential. I think this is because as humans we have a great poverty in thought and we cannot understand the universe, so we think in terms of beginnings. But I have heard these arguments before. They do not satisfy. And even if the Five Proofs are correct, they do not prove the existence of a Benevolent unmoved mover, something which is fundamental to Christianity.

This is such a silly thing to say. Only human beings with our peculiar stupidity could come up with a sentence so absurd.

>as all of their brain functions are simply chemical reactions that could be leading them astray.
But that's the exact same case for you and every other human regardless of religion. By your logic the chemicals in your brain are causing you to falsely believe in magic. You sound like a weedkiddy trying to act smart and philosophical.

lol that is exactly what i did, i was 16

it was when i received the holy spirit when i realized what i had to do, and i hadn't even started the new testament at the time, was still reading the OT

again, would either of you
like to stay in contact?

there is no need to be afraid, we are brothers, and even then we know jehova jireh
i would love to share stories with you guys, and hear yours

i am a Cred Forumsentooman, so i do not currently have a skype, but i can make one ASAP

probably better to do that anyways as its the easiest means of communication, right? email won't be as obvious to remember

sure, drop your skype, and give me like 5 minutes to add you - idk if skype is available on linux so may have to run through WINE

Doubt is part of religion. Just like sin. You're gonna screw up in life a lot and need forgiveness. I doubt my faith all the time. Just something to think about, I don't want to bother you if I'm not helping.

Think about it this way, in the Gospels Christ himself asked why God had forsaken him. It's not an easy thing, it's a process.

Yes, i'm a seventh day adventist and active participant on the church's activities. I often teach on sabbath schools as well

Step 3 is belief, how does one believe?

Didnt Ellen G White see gigantic aliens on Jupiter.

Obligatory watching material

youtube.com/channel/UCf7UKslwT23nmUwsMMO48xw

You can't dismiss my argument by a small growth plume in a handful of areas.

No fit at all.

Christ died for all our transgressions against God. Even a single one leads to death. The easiest transgression for anyone to understand is turning their backs on God. Everyone has done it at some point.

Without God there is no life and in a way the punishment is self evident. We wither and die without God.

God sets the rules because he is outside time and space. Isaiah 57:15. Moral absolutes come from God.

youtube.com/watch?v=XaO_aH4cthg&index=1&list=PLebLAvrUbivauJRKwU7LHi8cmz6ZfWUHC - Astronomy Reveals Creation
youtube.com/watch?v=Gr8Az3QQZdI - Our Created Solar System - What You Aren't Being Told
youtube.com/watch?v=dPTcnZXN8WY&nohtml5=False - Creation Astronomy: The Heavens Declare the Glory of God
youtube.com/watch?v=s9_o7NGTkJc - Our Solar System: Evidence of Creation
youtube.com/watch?v=rUV4CSs0HzI&list=PLftzcs-q3kU7pR8s8S6_LkyH6Y_fe1BWm&index=1 - Creation Playlist

I have to go soon but enjoy.

Will give skype in another post.

You all realize the majority of Christfags in this world think your 'christian identity' theories are retarded? You realize the Catholic church is helping mexicans invade to further their power? Evangelicals are like the ones who gave birth to black triplets.

You guys are the equivalent of the black israelites, they too think they are the chosen people because they have a big ego just like you idiots.

ryoko.zekem

Account was from before I converted but it is what it is. Linux does offer skype yes.

>I have to go soon but enjoy.
Your faith is a lie and you have a baby brain. You feel so certain now, but it will fade. Religion is a hard stone, and many men better than you have broken themselves on it. Remember me when you give up your faith.

"Imagine"

Key fucking word

Yup, I am

I have nothing to do with christian identity people. I think you're speaking to the wrong crowd.

I believe. But man... it gets tough to keep going a lot of the time.

Thank you, my brother! Normally I have to type this up myself, but you did an amazing job.

I wont because my faith is with Christ, not you.

I like talking about that, you're not bothering man.

Thanks for the advice, you are right. I'll reread the book of Job as someone advised

just sent you an email

will add you in a few minutes once i install skype

if you guys want, we can move to a more secure means later on

So you admit to worshiping a Jew?

We can dismiss your argument because it was just plain wrong. People of all religions are born in all parts of the world. Christians are born all over the ME, Muslims are born all over America, and atheists are born all over Israel.

Most people accept religion because they believe it to be true based on personal experience and evidence, not solely because it may be a coping mechanism for some.

skype is beardoking

tfw lost all my internet friends over the years and dont talk to anyone anymore

ebik

Okay. Well I gotta go spend a little time with my wife but I will accept the invite on skype when I get back. God speed.

What I said is you know God exists, but you suppress this truth, i.e. Take the blue pill

Christ is Jewish yes. He had to be to fulfill the laws of Moses.

Oh wow never thought I'd see a fellow SDAnon on here

There is plenty of evidence, it's just you presupose that the evidence can't be true

First, first of all. Why do claim that only that which has evidence ought be believed?
How do you know that material inquiry is a sufficient basis for understanding non-material items?

For instance, you certainly believe truth or logic exists, but it can't be justified on a materialistic paradigm.

I believe in Pepe the savior of memes, his Kek magic is deus volt.

>I've never met a practicing christian.
yourlogicalfallacyis.com/anecdotal

And why exactly would I "know" god exists? Because I'm supposed to "feel" it, like a feminist can just "feel" the oppression she gets from white males?

You're literally arguing delusions from emotion, therefore you are blue pilled.

>I can dismiss it because I don't like it
Retarded

His divine self actually died on the cross, what good would a human sacrifice do?

>anime image
>125x93
>british flag
>that rebuttal
You deserve to have your country taken over by Muslims.

> Oy Vey

>book of wisdom
this is how i know i can trust you

Yes. I am. Don't fall for the Jewish mind tricks. They want to make religion seem impossible to the world. Especially ones revolving around Jesus. They've removed faith from humanity in all forms.

Have you read David Berlinski's "deniable Darwin" and "the Devils delusion, atheism and its scientific pretensions"?
He is a Jewish atheist/agnostic, but he raises some really good points.
Also he started writing before he began work at the D.I. but Wikipedia doesn't like that so they won't have that description.

>there are people on here who don't even listen to Varg

Hope it helps! I don't think I'm some sort of shepherd or anything. But, I had a very close friend go through something similar. He didn't really have anything tragic happen to him, he just went through a period where he was completely agnostic and not religious at all. He came back and his Catholicism actually led to having to get an annulment. The woman he married was from a very small, unusual church and they basically thought the Pope is the antichrist, stuff like that. So it was OK with her if he was irreligious, but not OK if he decided to be Catholic again. It really sucked for him but he got through it.

It's gonna be a struggle but I think it's worth it.

Waaait a minute, fellas...

>1 post by this ID

DAMN IT OP

Catholic here

SSPX for life

Can misanthropic people become religious? When I hear stories of googles being shot and liberals being trampled by cars I smile. I hate them.

How can I feel sorry for the woman that's kill by criminal after she hangs out with him?
How can I feel sorry for rapefugees drowning at sea when they willingly throw Christians overboard?
How can I feel sorry for normies getting bombed by terrorists after they demand more refugees?

I cannot love my neighbor. I don't really like anyone anymore. How do I change this, assuming I should?
>inb4 just do it
fuck off nike google

t. 21 college student

The Dead Sea Scrolls are Jewish heresy.

Muslims already ruined your country 15 years ago and continue to do so. Why aren't you inspired by the Bible like they are by the Quran to go and slaughter your enemies?

Yes, Im Christian.

I belive Jesus was God and that I've achieved eternal life for believing in Him and asking forgiveness for my sins.

Now I try to walk as far from sin that I can, tough as a corrupt human being I end up doing some shit here and there.

>Muslims take down two buildings in America
>America destroys the entire Middle East for the next 100 years.

>Muslims infest UK and behead people in the street, demanding sharia
>Police arrest you if you call them names

We're doing just fine.

> Why do claim that only that which has evidence ought be believed?
Because that's the foundation of civilization, I can't accuse you of anything without evidence, evidence is what separates facts from rumors/lies/myths
>How do you know that material inquiry is a sufficient basis for understanding non-material items?
We are not encountering gaps that defy physics in any field of study, if the non-material exists then why doesn't it affect anything? why even claim the non material exists when it doesn't interact with the material world in any way, what's the difference of it existing from non existing if that's your claim?
>you certainly believe truth or logic exists, but it can't be justified on a materialistic paradigm.
That makes no sense.

I believe in my heart but the brain is less willing

wat do

Most of the world is going to hell, for eternity.

2 Thessalonians:1
7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;

James 4:4
Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

>le Barg Bigernes XDDD
Varg is only tells half truths about paganism and Christianity, he's historically illiterate and provides the evidence that I'd expect of a 6th grade history paper.
>the thorhammar Mjolnir is the Viking theory of gravity
Son, please.

Because he has revealed it to you Romans 1

Do what your ancestors did, eat unhealthy amounts of psychedelic mushrooms until you start to feel mystical.

You've had 5 more beheadings by Islamists on your own streets than us.

You have a muslim president... You had a pressure cooker bomb go off at a marathon and you fucks do nothing.

Fort Hood, San Bernadino so go fix your shit before you start on us. Pussy.

>How can I feel sorry

by receiving the presence of the holy spirit, he will direct you and show you what is and is not pleasing to the lord

don't get things wrong - jsut because you become christian doesn't mean reality doesn't exist. blacks commit majority of crimes, muslims seek to destroy us, liberals are insane, etc

you just need to learn to not take pleasure in the suffering in your enemy(thats from the bible), and also know that they are eternal souls just like you, and still able to receive the mercy of the lord

Yeah why don't I just read some feminist blogs and get "red pilled" on white male patriarchy oppression too.

You have no facts, just feefees and sandnigger preaching which you value over the preachings of a different culture of other sandniggers. You are blue pilled.

>quoting paul the butcherer, the literal antichrist

Facts presuposes truth, how do you know anything to be true?

>that's the foundation of civilization
no lol.

>evidence is what separates facts from non-facts
Fallacy fallacy.

I'll pretend like this isn't just a paradigmatic case.
>M theory
>particle physics
Really anything dealing with the mashup between physics and philosophy, and no, the philosophers didn't start it, the physicists did.
>morality
>metaphysical truths
>logic itself
>mathematics, any means of quantification can not itself be quantified in an empirical way, I don't think Platonism is a two way street

>why doesn't it effect anything
Force is not a material thing, it's manifestation of a non-material form of material i.e. Energy. Force is the basis of all physics.

>difference of non-existing vs existing
In the empirical world of applied metaphysics Empiricism.
In the world of metaphysics, self consistent truth. For instance the presupposition of God which would vindicate a category such as logic, truth, or morality.

You have faith in the law of non-contradiction (it is necessarily faith because any evidence given for it would be tautological) there is no material evidence that non-contradiction is true and it can't be justified, verified, or trusted on a materialistic intellectual framework.
Essentially,
You're perspective is insufficient for explaining what you think.

I've been washed in the blood. He has a plan for me, he has a plan for you. Jesus is the only vehicle to heaven.

1.Never said that.
2.Never said that.
3.Never said that.
4. Impossible, kike refers to the way Jews sign documents with an O instead of an x because X looks too much like cross. Why would Jesus who is represented by the cross want to deny himself?
5. Not Christianity, talumundic Judaism, which was created 600 years AFTER Christ says that.
Modern Jews=/= Jews from the bible. They are the synagogue of satan mentioned in revelation. They pretend to be like Christians so that we don't kill them. We still will though. Christians literally invented anti-semitisim. We were that long before it was a word. Jews love degenerate things because it's against Jesus. They are the heretical Pharisees who denying Jesus and only crave power. They have been getting worse ever since. To deny this is idiotic at best, as all the evidence supports this conclusion. Jewish propoganda at its finest. Christians who don't support Deus VULT are heretics literally denying Gods will.

I am, though I'm honestly not Alt-right or a Cred Forumsack ideologically either. I've just come here for several years now to occasionally participate in funposting and observe. Mostly lurking.

Deus Vult roleplayers are pathetic though. Literally LARP but grasping for some divine legitimacy.

I've also never understood the point of fedoras wanting to fight with believers all the time. With the exception of the Young Earth types, you're essentially trying to argue empiricism against metaphysics so it's destined to be just an endless crapfest where everyone leaves unsatisfied and angry.

You can't pray away your fathers free will.

I'm alt right and a Christian

Well actually to some extent you can

For example.
Our theories are true because when we put them to practice things happens, if the acceleration of gravity was false our airship designs would not take off.
Truths are things you and everyone else can prove and see for themselves.
>Energy is non material
You can't just say stupid shit and call everything you disagree with a fallacy and expect people to take you seriously.
Matter and energy are one and the same and energy is perfectly quantitative.
That's what E=mc2 means, energy = mass, more accurately that mass is a form of energy.
Your thoughts and beliefs are not magic either, they are material synapses and circuits inside your thick skull.
>In the world of metaphysics, self consistent truth. For instance the presupposition of God which would vindicate a category such as logic, truth, or morality.
>You have faith in the law of non-contradiction (it is necessarily faith because any evidence given for it would be tautological) there is no material evidence that non-contradiction is true and it can't be justified, verified, or trusted on a materialistic intellectual framework.
This is just meaningless mental masturbation that you fabricate to scape the simple fact that you cannot back up your beliefs with evidence, you can't make a word salad of incoherent babble as an argument.

watch this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=seIFsMkwUSI

Thomas Aquinas was well known as kind of a misanthrope, if I'm not confusing him with someone else. Other saints were as well.

You don't have to be perfect user.

matter and energy are not the same, that's not what that equation means you retard

the idea that thoughts are purely a product of the brain is based entirely on faith in materialism, no science can support it, like god, our current science can neither prove or disprove that thoughts and feelings even exist

But the theories we test are limited to our senses, you could be seeing one thing and I could be seeing another, so if our senses and perception can be courrupted, how can you really know what is true

American Catholic reporting for duty
I go to the Latin mass on the regular

I have a hot Polish gf and we are going to get married soon and have lots of white kids

Jesus is based

Think greatly of him. Really. But I would think that on personal, intimal level, he was lacking the comfort and pleasure of having god as his companion. Would not think that he is doing wrong, but I would think that he would be missing the state of peace that only god can provide? Can you understand what I'm trying to say? Faith gives tranquility, and it's a refuge for all hardships. You have nothing to lose giving it a try. It's not like nihilism would give you something better. If there is no god, at least you gave yourself new tools to live a richer and more meaningful life for yourself.

God is great. Praise god and our savior Jesus Christ, because he came to show us true morality. He is always there for us, as god is too. Ask, and you shall be given.

Just ask for god presence in your life, ask with fervor. In a meaningless world, a godless world, this act is as meaningless as keeping your old beliefs and habits. Open the door in your soul for god to enter. Let he enter your life, and cleanse your soul with his purity. No drug, no hendonism and no money in this world will never compare to the feeling of experiencing the presence of god. Aim to please him and walk his path. You have only to gain with this.

>matter and energy are not the same, that's not what that equation means you retard
Keep reading.
>the idea that thoughts are purely a product of the brain is based entirely on faith in materialism
Its based on empirical and overwhelming evidence.
>no science can support it
>our current science can neither prove or disprove that thoughts and feelings even exist
This is not just false, its a blatant fucking lie and you know it, you are contemporary individual living in highly developed country you couldn't have graduated highschool without some basic neurology or biochemistry.You know very damn well that thoughts and emotions can be explained and manipulated by physical and electrochemical means.
>How can mirrors be real if our eyes arent real
Have you ever set in a lab or read a technical book? I honestly have no clue what you imagine happens in a research facility / university but its obviously innacurate, we don't meassure things by subjective standards or based only in our senses, are our instruments wrong too? why?

Can you be wrong about that?

About what? can you be wrong about god?

You're grasping desperately at any argumentative straw to justify your belief because you're terrified of your own mortality.

3 If then ye were raised together with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated on the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are upon the earth. 3 For ye died, and your life is hid with Christ in God. 4 When Christ, who is [a]our life, shall be manifested, then shall ye also with him be manifested in glory.

5 Put to death therefore your members which are upon the earth: fornication, uncleanness, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry; 6 for which things’ sake cometh the wrath of God [b]upon the sons of disobedience: 7 [c]wherein ye also once walked, when ye lived in these things; 8 but now do ye also put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, railing, shameful speaking out of your mouth: 9 lie not one to another; seeing that ye have put off the old man with his doings, 10 and have put on the new man, that is being renewed unto knowledge after the image of him that created him: 11 where there cannot be Greek and Jew, circumcision and uncircumcision, barbarian, Scythian, bondman, freeman; but Christ is all, and in all.

12 Put on therefore, as God’s elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, longsuffering; 13 forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any; even as [d]the Lord forgave you, so also do ye: 14 and above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness. 15 And let the peace of Christ [e]rule in your hearts, to the which also ye were called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16 Let the word of [f]Christ dwell in you [g]richly; in all wisdom teaching and admonishing [h]one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts unto God. 17 And whatsoever ye do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

I posting before reading the thread so what I'm going to say might have already been said

I'm a born again Christian. It's disappointing to see the majority look at us Christians and think we're retarded and backwards. But what you don't realize is that you've been conditioned from birth to think like that or perceive Christianity that way. You are being falsely led by the Jews who by the way are not real Jews. If you look at the Jewish history you'll understand but that a whole other topic. The world we live is of the devil and with everything happening right now it's more apparent bow much of an influence Satan has on today's people. This is why in the recent years everything that's happening is a direct contradiction to the Bible. The transgender movement. Homosexuality. Otherkin. Feminism. The people in control are devil worshippers who shoves this propaganda down the people's throats to keep them away from the Lord. Do you think a gay man would ever consider Christianity? Never!
You guys are all redpilled on so many topics but yet your eyes are closed to the obvious manipulation to stay away from christianity. Like atheism. Being evil and 666 is cool. This is what they want and they succeeded.

The existence of god is possible on an objective level, but without taking the doctrine and morals in consideration. If you take god as the creator of our reality.

I don't think you can objectively prove god existence, the biblical narrative and christ godhood with reason. I consider myself a christian.

Not really, I use to be a professing atheist, it didn't really bother me at all

I'm trying to figure out how you can know anything to be true in an atheistic model of the universe

12 Put on therefore, as God’s elect, holy and beloved, a heart of compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness, longsuffering;
13 forbearing one another, and forgiving each other, if any man have a complaint against any; even as [d]the Lord forgave you, so also do ye:
14 and above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfectness.
15 And let the peace of Christ [e]rule in your hearts, to the which also ye were called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16 Let the word of [f]Christ dwell in you [g]richly; in all wisdom teaching and admonishing [h]one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts unto God.
17 And whatsoever ye do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

This is all you need for your life, this is what christianity has to offer you. Peace in your heart. Joy in your heart. Direction. Morals!

Something is true if it can be proved beyond reasonable doubt. I mean you could make an argument that you're the only human on Cred Forums and everyone else is an ai gf and then go 'hurr durr u cant prove me right or wrong' but any reasonable person would seriously doubt you to the point of flat out calling you a liar. Just like reddit atheists who 'turned atheist' because they wanted to seem contrarian and smart you've seem to done the same in reverse, going from atheist to christfag in some pathetic attempt to be 3deep5u, based on how you're arguing like jade smith on weed. Try reading any non-fiction science book for once in your life.

In Christian doctrine there's a thing about your self being made up of 3 parts and I think it makes sense to look at. Basically it says that there are 3 levels of humans, the body, the soul and the spirit. The body interacts with the physical world, the soul interacts with the mental world and the spirit interacts with God. And in the same way that a body with no thoughts does not function correctly, the soul and in turn the body does not function correctly without God.

You can argue the metaphysics of it all you want, >le why is it the God YHWH then xD, I don't really care. I have been an athiest and my experience is that humans do have a central focus, or sense of God. In atheistic people either that focus is lost or focused on inane things, for example what SJW types are focused on, which of course leads to pretty miserable ways of being. God is in a sense an ultimate focus and so that reason is good enough for me to be Christian, and funnily enough my life has improved immensely since then.

If you are 99% sure about something, do you really know it?

Science can not discover truth, it can only make predictable models of the material world.

Science is based on assumptions i.e. The laws of logic, and therefore assumes the laws of logic are valid, but is it possible for a man to know his logic is valid

>Its based on empirical and overwhelming evidence.

no it isn't, the leading neurologist in the world, foremost expert on matters of the brain has said the brain is a machine that a ghost can operate

only materialist cultists such as yourself believe otherwise

Truth is reality.
Truth needs no viewers. Before there was humans, there was an objective reality. And it was truth itself.

>science can not discover truth

I bet you believe other ridiculous scientism slogans such as
"the scientific method exists"
and
"you can't prove a negative"

Why does this matter? is there an alternative?
He said that based on what? you kinda agree with me though with "the brain is a machine" if he added "but lul maybe its operated by magic" is just a dumb opinion

Anything classified as a scientific fact ranges from 99.9% to 100% accuracy, so for all intents and purposes yes, we do "know" it to be true. The most basic example would be the fact that water is essential to human life. If you want to be a jade smith philosopher instead of reading a book or just carrying out basic observation then go without water for a week and see how you fare. Surely your god will magically sustain you to prove the sciencekikes wrong, amirite?

oh so you're just a retard who can't even understand basic subtext

disregard

It does exist as a logical method
But it is based on assumptions that the atheistic worldview can't account for

>I have no argument beyond the logical fallacy of appealing to authority
Ok

So if you can be wrong, you know something?

>I once again fail to understand the meaning of a post on even the most basic level

I know with 100% certainty that water is essential to human life. I don't know where the stock market is going to be tomorrow and my guess could be wrong. None of this is contradictory and I have no idea what you're trying to say anymore. I really hope you are just high on weed right now instead of normally being this moronic.

Are you going to make a point or just cry?

What I am saying is that we can understand and use the scientific method because of revelation from the God we all know exists

I made my point, you just didn't understand it was even happening. Now go be a drooling retard somewhere else. Consider picking up a first grade book to practice reading.

How do you know that your not in a computer, and your not really drinking water?

Let me get this straight because your standards of evidence are impossible to reach you revert back to a belief without evidence? you're acting irrationaly.
Your point is an appeal to fallacy without source which you're now defending with ad hominem attacks.

For any anons here thinking about experimenting the faith.

Do it. Improve your life!

>still not getting it

Because nobody can prove beyond reasonable doubt that this theory is likely to be true, therefore I have no reason to believe it. It's just a whimsical theory pulled out of the ass like there could be a unicorn flying around our sun or an invisible sky wizard made everything.

And even if we are in the matrix, everything we discover would still be true, and it would just be that we are discovering the laws of the matrix rather than the presumed real world outside the matrix, and therefore it would still be relevant to us who live in the matrix.

So do you have any more retarded jade smith calls to make or are we done here?

I'm experimenting with boipussy right now I'll get back to you.

I get that you're a retard baiting, probably a leaf with a proxy.

lol, good luck with that shit
literally, god luck with having another man shit on your dick

>calling god "god"
god is from the germanic gott which is a pagan deity

speak his name you heathen, declaring to whom you are faithful is not in vain

No evidence can convince you of something you already know but suppress, so there isn't really any point in talking about that.

If our thoughts are the product of atheistic evolution, how can there be rational thought, all our thoughts are just based on reactive chemicals

>Are there any people here who are sincerely Christian?
Daily question of mine, at least regarding myself. I hope it gets answered soon.

how did you start? Grow up with Sunday church? Read the Bible in its entirety?
I'm interested in exploring Christianity, I've found myself asking for guidance more and more lately

So you can't know anything with certainty, and your trying to tell me what I know. This is the foly of denying God

This.

Yes I am

Are you a robot? Is anybody in there?

That's a weird question, are your cognitive functions something that gives you an edge in life? of course, therefore more complex central nervous systems were selected positively.
>No evidence can convince you of something you already know but suppress,
What are you talking about? are you perhaps implying people are born theists?

I think it may be well worth considering if people who deny the existence of the spirit genuinely are biological automatons.

>Muh feelings are magic
Hi tumblr !

Romans1 18-22

Everyone on this earth has an innate revelation from God, people just suppress this truth

Cred Forums is a Christian board

I really wish I was christian, there is a lot in the faith that I like and I really respect it, but the faith condemns my sexuality so I can't really be christian, so rip.

It doesn't matter if nobody can have absolute knowledge of the universe. The only thing that matters is what can be observed to be 99.9999999999% accurate, which we call fact, which is something rational people believe in.

Say you were in a casino and for some reason a slot machine was bugged and had a 99% chance to roll 777, and of course every other slot machine was normal and had whatever low shit % chance to roll triple cherries. What do you think every rational person would say is objectively the best slot machine in the room, knowing this? Choosing the most likely and rational option on the account of pursuing the truth, or the closest thing to truth possible in our universe, is the definition of red pill. Choosing the less likely and irrational option on the account of "but muh feelings told me otherwise" is the definition of blue pilled.

I can't be fucked spoonfeeding you any more basic logic any non-retarded adult should know. If you come out of this argument having learnt nothing then stay retarded for all I care.

Ask God for repentance

>Bible quoting
This conversation is over.

hi retard who once again fails even kindergarten level reading comprehension

Christian here. The state of the world saddens me.

Not that same guy, but when I was 17, I did some really stupid things with my girlfriend and we ended up being caught. I felt pretty horrible about it, and she told me I should try reading the Bible. Ever since then I've been a Christian.
If you wanna start, John is a great book to start with. Maybe read Romans afterwards. But yeah, start with the Gospel, then go to Paul's writings if you're interested still. Church is also great, just having someone walk through specific passages and verses with you.
Hope I could help :)

>>Muh feelings are magic
You can't quantify "feelings", expressions and consciousness. Radio waves were an absurd idea to materialists a few centuries ago, now they are a given. Yet something that is necessary to not only be a human, but to make any statements about reality...

It exists, the one that is conscious. Is your body conscious or are you conscious? Do you live or does your body live? Do you use your body or is your body on autopilot, playing films to .. you?

How can I learn from someone who has given up knowledge

I can't stop my ways senpai, I'm not ok with asking for forgiveness if I continue doing wrong.

Have fun suppressing the truth, enjoy your life while you can

Ask God to change your mind, the reason you desire to do wrong is because of original sin, we are all born rebellious to God

the bible is fairly ambiguous on homosexuality actually, what it is clear about is sodomy, adultery, and marriage

God has a clearly defined role about marriage and sex which can be found in Mathew chapter 5 and Genesis 3

>You can't quantify "feelings"
You're wrong, in theory you could quantify the hormonal response to emotional stimuli for example

Wait so... since atheism's answer is unlikely, you choose the impossible alternative? I could at least come up with possible explanations for why they would both lie and die for the same cause, but resurrection makes far less sense.

Yeah it really isn't very ambiguous

Outside of his fantasy kick, CS Lewis was superb in terms of shrewd philosophical/theological reasoning.

It's actually in mark 10

Mark 10:6-12 But from the beginning of creation, God made them male and female. For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother, and the two shall become one flesh; so they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.” In the house the disciples began questioning Him about this again. And He *said to them, “Whoever divorces his wife and marries another woman commits adultery against her; and if she herself divorces her husband and marries another man, she is committing adultery.”

I think that is a strong argument for monogamy as well.

>my version of the bible is right, the other offshoots of Christianity are wrong
Why do all Christians say this shit without saying why? Why is the King James Bible the one I should pick? And why should I believe you over, say, the Mormons, who make the same unsubstantiated claims?

I believe that christ is all around us at any given moment, and we are surrounded by gods love. I also regularly attend AA meetings, and have devoted my life entirely to carrying out gods will

Gods aren't real. Don't even get into this bullshit.

>in theory you could quantify the hormonal response to emotional stimuli for example
How much is it? You can quantify that, but not the reaction. You are quantifying parts, when the whole should be measured.
Take anything else, and you'd be quantifying the whole. At least if you want to be scientific about it.

As of now, comatose patients are not that physically different from us, especially if they dream.

I am truly a christian.

I believe that christ is all around us at any given moment, and we are surrounded by gods love. I also regularly attend AA meetings, and have devoted my life entirely to carrying out gods will

>the Mormons
Same reason you should discard Scofield Bible. Made by a known fraud.

>but not the reaction
Says who?

Yes.

As if leviticus isn't explicit enough.

or romans

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Read The Bible and Hugh Ross.

How strong is an impulse to your consciousness? I don't think that is measurable as easily as simply equating the amount of hormones... There is a correlation to be sure, but you only measure input.
If we'd have a quantifiable option, we'd already profoundly know all about human behavior. If your choices are merely the outcome of the chemistry in you, don't you merely "feel like you are correct" rather than "be correct"`?