U.S. Court Rules Dreadlock Ban During Hiring Process Is Legal

More blacks out of work.

nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/u-s-court-rules-dreadlock-ban-during-hiring-process-legal-n652211

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/u-s-court-rules-dreadlock-ban-during-hiring-process-legal-n652211
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadlocks
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Good, shitlocks are disgusting. Even worse is when whites have them, shit is pure trash.

I mean it makes sense, its no different than anything else to do with a dress code. Its not like skin colour, people CHOOSE to have dreads, it takes quite a lot of effort to get them and you have to constantly re do the ends as your hair grows.

Wouldn't hire a nigger anyway. You think fair housing laws suddenly made white people grumble and start putting blacks into their rentals against their will? No...they turned them down for things like poor credit or other legal excuses instead.

I don't see this as changing anything, but it is a good omen.

Tattoos & piercings when?

There are many jobs which would require a respectable looking person.

lmao I want to be depicted as the fuhrer of the fourth reich and saviour of the white race, Xavier, but here's the thing, to be viewed as something, you have to have largely managed to demonstrate and achieve that thing.
lmao
googles gonna goog.

Exactly. I wore long hair and they told me that it was an impediment for an internship. So I just cut my fucking hair.
No one dies from changing their hairstyle.

Dreadlocks are fucking disgusting anyway
Although that's completely subjective

Couldn't you just say "ok will call you if we need you to go further" then not call ever?

I think you underestimate how important it is to some nigs. There was even a thread on /adv/ before about a nigger saying he would rather starve to death than cut his dreads for an interview because his quality of life would be so negatively affected.

I am all for this law however if it gives me another legal reason to get out of any trumped up racism charge against illegal hiring practices in my business.

LOOK AT ME I'M IMPORTANT BECAUSE REASONS
GIB ME MY FREE SHIT I'M YOUR KING N SHEIT

Oh I know that. I just love being sadistically petty.
If the nigger starves, it's his fault for being a nigger~

Admittedly I've turned down jobs that wanted me to cut my hair, so l can sympathize with not wanting to change your appearance; but if you want to work somewhere you have to fit the dress code

Why are blacks so attached to dreadlocks?
Basically every culture had them at one point when they couldnt wash their hair

>Although that's completely subjective
It's actually not, it's a sanitation/safety issue for many occupations.

it begins

they used the blacks to do their dirty work and now they are tossing them aside

actual blacks have dreads, sandniggers do not

now the only people in america who will get work are immigrants

Hair in general is, l more meant having a rats nest on your head is a waste of hair

Pretty fucked up and disgusting decision. It's an impediment on cultural expression and dreadlocks are tied into the culture. It's clear that there is inherent racial bias and there exists an undercurrent of discrimination.

Dreads don't even get messy. You clean/wash it, can put it in a ponytail and move on. It doesn't even stink.

This can now open other doors, i.e., braids or certain other hairstyles certain companies deem "irresponsible" for work. People can now utilize this as a gateway to openly discriminate against others and eradicate their right to work. I hope they can take it to the supreme court. This shit is bordering on unconstitutional. I work with a Scottish dude with dreads, which is genuinely tied to their culture as well, and he doesn't even get a speck of flak. The decision is clearly rooted in racism, but Cred Forums won't give a shit since "NIGGERS BTFO XD".

Sad shit. This is a pretty good example of systemic racism.

W E
E

But what about the fact that niggers should be able to do any fucking thing they want? No rules of any kind, any where apply to them. They should be permitted to do as they please, befitting their stature as one time kangz n shit.

>Why are niggers so niggerish?

W U Z
U
Z

K A N G Z
A
N
G
Z

It actually isn't. If people aren't degenerate and have good hygiene, then dreads are fine. They can be kept in a ponytail or bun, or covered by a tight wrap. My coworker(Scottish) does this shit all the time.

It isn't a big fucking deal. Our supervisor for a big meeting told him to try to shape it up a bit and look presentable, and he put it in a tight ponytail and brushed any stray hairs back whilst using some light gel to make those aforementioned stray hairs stay in place. The meeting went well, we scored the contract and that was fucking it.

It took him 15 mins, tops, in the bathroom before we left the office. Jesus. It's not a fucking face tattoo we're talking about.

You know, while you faggots are a bunch of degenerate, piss bottle having wanna be skinheads, and we hotwheels masters are SS pure...

I still like some of your threads :D This one made me smile

I feel like you are unable to empathize with how a business owner may not want to employ someone that gives off an image of their company which could affect profits and only see it as restriction of another culture's ideals.

I hope you can understand that these things change based on the location of the businesses. In downtown Denver there is a pot store that will not accept employees who do not wear dreadlocks regardless of race.

No one said they cant?

Employers have the right to not hire you.

Dreads smell like fucking shit faggot.
& if you don't wanna hire someone b/c of their personal choices of attire, you don't have to.
You fucking cultural marxist faggot.
BACK TO RED.DIT.

Show up to a job interview looking unprofessional and you wont get hired. People need to stop thinking they are special snow flakes. No one is special you are all pieces of shit deal with it.

This. I'm glad that nogs have such retarded names, it makes it easier for me to screen their resumes. The only nog that's working for me is one named Lucille. She's great though, she's a 55 year old country grandma who reminds me of Madea.

Thank god, nobody deserves to be subjected to that shit

>hairstyle
>racism
Found the nigger. If some race's culture was diddling children would you say it's racist to ban diddling children or should pedo laws be relaxed because muh inclusive diversity rubbish? You live in a country where dreads are seen as dirty and some employers may not like this, and they should have the right to refuse employment just like they would with tattoos or piercings etc in order to protect the image of their company. It's not even a fucking global ban so I don't know why you're so uppity, nigger.

Dreadlocks are literally just dirty hair. No shit no one will hire you.

>Some of the earliest depictions of dreadlocks date back as far as 3600 years to the Minoan Civilization, one of Europe's earliest civilizations centred in Crete (modern Greece). Frescoes discovered on the Aegean island of Thera (modern Santorini, Greece), depict individuals with braided hair styled in long dreadlocks.

Get fucked nigger.

Retard

>nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/u-s-court-rules-dreadlock-ban-during-hiring-process-legal-n652211

Holy shit....

>The court of appeals disagreed, ruling that CMS's "race-neutral grooming policy" was not discriminatory as hairstyles, while "culturally associated with race," are not "immutable physical characteristics." In essence, traits in a person's appearance that are tied to their culture but are otherwise changeable are not protected and can be used to deny job offers.

Who the hell are these judges? Awesome is what they are.

I would have expected such a post from one of my countrymen.

Show up to any opening I have dressed like you live in the ghetto or wearing your hair like trash and you wont ever get a job with my company. I black list 20+ people a week.

Dreads are big flea nests

Plenty of places already won't hire you for that.

>going by "hotep" online
not bad, actually

I can empathize with them. I just think that it's a poor fucking excuse and this was the same poor excuse racists utilized to deny blacks. Even in this thread and others, people have admitted to not hiring blacks simply because they are black -- now, they're being given more reasons not to hire them, and legally. It's pretty despicable.

I'm a strong capitalist. I also believe that if a man/woman/fucking worm has the right education, experience and background for the position, then they should be afforded the opportunity to acquire that position. This is such a shit fucking excuse to use. Never in the work world (and I've worked in education, engineering and management) have I seen dreads fucking impede work or make someone look a certain way.

Dreads also have a religious significance, i.e., certain African spiritualist tribes and the Rastafarian movement. I said earlier that it was bordering on unconstitutional, but no -- I fervently believe it is unconstitutional. This will disproportionately affect blacks more than Caucasians, for one, and I wish, I fucking wish, that they try to pass this law against Sikhs who wear their headscarf or grow absurdly long beards.

Fucking disgraceful. They need to go to the Supreme Court.

arent dreadlocks a hotbed full of lice, bedbugs, and other insects

If you're not going to look the part for a job, why apply?

Fuck off cuck.

Give them a Burger King Kids Meal Crown

>I'm a strong capitalist. I also believe that if a man/woman/fucking worm has the right education, experience and background for the position, then they should be afforded the opportunity to acquire that position.
And they will if they look professional and meet the dress code otherwise they can beat the pavement and work at a less professional job. Looking the part is 50% of business.

Well how the hell does a leaf do its job when a magnificent shitpost like this happens?

Now I'm a Google with dread locks and no job

T. Sad leaf

You literally just proved my point, you fucking stupid faggot. It is clearly tied to culture, and several cultures at that.

Tell me: did you even read my post? Fucking down syndrome having nigger.
Protip: I'm also white.
I'm not black, you non reading comprehending fucking faggot. I'm white. Read the fucking post.
Dreads are tied to several cultures throughout the fucking world. Stop being so fucking dense.

This will disproportionately affect black people, not the whites with dreads. Also, if people take good care of their hair, it doesn't fucking stink. I work with a dude with dreads; I don't smell shit. We often work together since I write in C/C++/MATLAB and he's our embedded systems engineer. We have to consistently work together (documentation, talking about how the code fits, what works, debugging, etc. ).
Fuck off, you parroting retard.

dread happen when you dont clean your hair. if you wash it they fall out. do you even think or do research, or simply collect food stamps and sell them for menthols and old english?

The twins from The Matrix Reloaded were cool with them.

I understand why you are saying about how it may disproportionately force one culture to groom themselves differently than another, but I suppose the point is that a business owner who is offering jobs to people has the right and even obligation to choose the face of his company based on what will maximize profit and work with public opinion.

If I owned a business back in the time when Irish were seen as dogs, I may not have hired them to represent my business even though I personally like the Irish. It really comes down to the rights of the business owner over what he should be allowed to do with what he has built.

Reread the post. Dreads can have religious attachment.

If Sikhs were told that they couldn't wear their headscarves because it isn't "respectable," you'd see more of an outrage. Jews can fucking wear kippahs and grow fucking beards, and yet they're not targeted. It's also tied to their culture.

This decision is wrong and your argument(s) fails to hold up against proper scrutiny. A jew in my office is taking off three/four extra days in October because of his fucking holidays; should he be barred from working at my company because of that? No. It's tied to his religion and culture.

Fucking idiots. For once, stop thinking "MUH NIGGERS" and think logically.

>U.S. Court Rules Dreadlock Ban During Hiring Process Is Legal
>More blacks out of work.

have you seen whites with mohawks being applied for the white collar jobs?

good thing he also had baggy pants, a basketball jersey, big gold-plated chains, and a face tattoo

Is anyone forced to wear their hair as dreads? Are dreads a permanent, irremovable part of someone's race? No? Then fuck off you retarded ass libcuck. You should get looked down on for having a shitty hairstyle at a job interview the same way you'd get looked down on for turning up at an interview in your pajamas. You are not entitled to any job. The very first thing you have to prove at a job interview is that you respect the company and the employer enough to look professional and presentable. If dreads are not the standard at a company then tough fucking luck, either show you care by changing your fucking HAIR STYLE, which takes a couple of minutes at a barber, or go be a whiny entitled baby back bitch somewhere else. Fucking neck yourself, imbecile.

Do some research, you idiot, holy fuck. That is literally not true.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreadlocks

It even says it's a common misconception. Tell me, how does it feel to be a mouth breathing retard? Did your parents sit you down one day and inform you of your genetic stupidity, or were they too retarded themselves?

>He still buys into the 'dreads being inherintly black' meme
>not realizing dreads were seen in the celts and the nords

Don't like them myself but understand our roots fellow white man.

If someone doesn't want to deal with you, why do you want to deal with them? Why do you demand they accept you? Why not just do your own thing while they do their own thing?

Thanks, you've proven yourself to be a retard enough. No need to write an elaborate essay on it. You already scored an A; you don't need to go for Honors.
You're a retard and not following any of my posts at all. It's almost stunning how much of a fucking doofus you are. You're not even highlighting ANY of my points; you're just talking for the sake of talking.

Please read. I beg this of all of you. Please fucking read. Write it down and take notes if you must. Stop being stupid.

Don't care if you want to work where I work you will look the part dreads no matter the reason are unprofessional and I will screen out anyone white or black with them from the hiring process. If you don't like it there are plenty of gas stations who will hire anyone. Even if the law says you have to consider people with dreads HR will find other reasons to legally screen them out. Stop being a special snow flake and get a proper hair cut,

>I can empathize with them. I just think that it's a poor fucking excuse and this was the same poor excuse racists utilized to deny blacks. Even in this thread and others, people have admitted to not hiring blacks simply because they are black -- now, they're being given more reasons not to hire them, and legally. It's pretty despicable.
>I'm a strong capitalist. I also believe that if a man/woman/fucking worm has the right education, experience and background for the position, then they should be afforded the opportunity to acquire that position. This is such a shit fucking excuse to use. Never in the work world (and I've worked in education, engineering and management) have I seen dreads fucking impede work or make someone look a certain way.
>Dreads also have a religious significance, i.e., certain African spiritualist tribes and the Rastafarian movement. I said earlier that it was bordering on unconstitutional, but no -- I fervently believe it is unconstitutional. This will disproportionately affect blacks more than Caucasians, for one, and I wish, I fucking wish, that they try to pass this law against Sikhs who wear their headscarf or grow absurdly long beards.
>Fucking disgraceful. They need to go to the Supreme Court.

>good thing he also had baggy pants, a basketball jersey, big gold-plated chains, and a face tattoo

>an elaborate essay

>celts and nords

They were the white googles of the world. But I'm guessing they didn't have dreadlocks since they actually had soap and bathed unlike actual googles.

>it doesnt stink
>they dont get messy
I bet you've never ever lived near black people.

>have you seen whites with mohawks being applied for the white collar jobs?

Valid point. I work a white collar job, if I suddenly went out and cut my hair in a mohawk, I would probably be unemployed very quickly.

>land of the free
>must have a job to survive
>you cant get a job with certain hairstyles

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''freedom'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Stop acting like you work. You're a fucking NEET. Even if you do "work", it's probably some "proud white man job" like being a fucking factory worker or glorified cherry picker.

If you haven't noticed, most engineering companies are quite liberal in nature and in the workplace; we hire people based on talent, education, hard work and what they can fucking do.

I bet you've never worked at a company with unlimited snacks, huh? Or a room where you can write on whiteboards to see if an algorithm makes sense, huh?

Go fuck yourself and your "job" or "company". You don't hire people for shit, you role playing loser.

>waaaah why aren't you agreeing with me unconditionally
Typical brain dead liberal, and you didn't even present an argument yourself. You want me to attack some of your direct quotes? Here's one that should show you how moronic you are.
>A jew in my office is taking off three/four extra days in October because of his fucking holidays; should he be barred from working at my company because of that?
You mean your same office that hired a dreadlocks degenerate? It's obvious your workplace is a 'muh diversity' shithole so that's to be expected. So what's the problem here? Again, it's not a global ban on dreadlocks, it's literally the courts agreeing to not fucking force employers to hire dreadshitters. You degenerates can still find employment at places that don't mind. Just don't expect to get a free pass for every high paying job, you entitled child.

Being this butthurt.

Kek

Who cares, hair is hair. If you want to work at a place you must dress the part, your culture/opinion has no bearing on money to be made.

Freedom means you are free to do as you like and I am free to have nothing to do with you if I don't like what you choose. It doesn't mean you get to force others to accept you.

Found the angry negro. Post proof of employment or perma ban.

Oh I work every day Monday - Friday 6am - 5pm. Unlike most people here, and i get paid well for screening out the degenerates from the hiring process.

Dreadlocks smell like shit and make you look like shit, why would any reasonable employer want to hire someone dumb enough to have them?

Whites with dreadlocks do it better anyway.

That dreadlocks degenerate has more education and intelligence in his pinky than you have in that thick skull of yours, you neanderthal. My place isn't a "muh diversity" shit hole either. You want me to explain our hiring process? This is how I was hired:
>Phone interview. Included behavior questions and some questions about education/background.
>If passed, invited to in person interview. During in person, technical questions and coding/math assessment. We go to a whiteboard, solve a coding problem, show our algorithm expertise, etc.
>If pass, third interview -- management speaks with us and since they're all former engineers, technical questions follow. Presented with a mock-up problem and have to work in a team; asked how I'd integrate the solution into the team.
>If passed, you're hired.

Don't talk about shit you know nothing about. We hire exclusively EEs, MEs, CEs and mathematicians.

no

they didnt

You literally just admitted your workplace is liberal.
>If you haven't noticed, most engineering companies are quite liberal in nature and in the workplace; we hire people
So yes, it is a 'muh diversity' shithole. And that's exactly why your dreadshit friend got in. Try realizing that the world doesn't revolve around you, and that an employer who isn't as lax about presentation as your employer might actually care about how the appearance of their employees may reflect on the company. Your entire argument is "ur dum im smart me me me cater to me me me" like every other fucking liberal degenerate. Aren't liberals supposed to value freedom? Why can't you value an employer's freedom to set their standard of dress and not hire anyone who doesn't respect that standard? And why didn't you comment on the part where I repeated yet again that you degenerates can still find employment despite this court ruling? Your own fucking company proves this to be the case. You're just looking to spout shit to vent at this point because you're a mentally ill libcuck driven by emotion. Kill yourself.

They cant say no shitlocks but they can not hire you and simply say the candidate wasnt right for the position

Never hire a nigger.

Theyre inept in every way and once you hire them theyll sue you when you fire them and claim racism

Nigger are the WORST

Ignorant racist blacks got to go and fuck up having dreadlocks now.

>be me, white boy with dreads
>no wax, backcombing, or salon work
>all natural set for 12 years
>never had a problem getting a job due to my dreads
>respectable grown ass man, non-degenerate
>no tats, piercings or anything dyed.

ANYBODY can dread naturally. White, black, Asian....anyone. They are not a black hairstyle nor are they any special part of black heritage...WE HAD DREDS AN SHIT!

Before someone invented the comb, it's likely that EVERYONE had dreads.

The only reason people assume that it's a "black" hairstyle is because of the Rastas. They invented the term "dreadlocks" and have only been locking their hair since the '50s. They got it from the Indian Sadhus, who've been locking their hair for centuries. Ancient Celts and Germanic tribes had them before anyone heard of Marcus Garvey. Before Rastas, people just called that shit "long hair."

Leave it to ignorant niggers to claim that shit and then accuse anyone else who has them of "cultural appropriation."

Having said that, I know I'm not getting that six-figure corporate job. A private company can do what they want. If they don't want to hire anyone with dreads or with a certain look, they don't have to.

lel, who will operate our surf shops now?

The more you know.

My work requires me to have a good hygiene and humane hairstyle because I interact with people all day.
Why isn't anyone making a fuss about such policies? I'd much rather not shower for months on end and never shave or trim my beard.

That's the irony, though. I work for a startup and I guarantee no one would at my workplace would care if I decided to get dreads. People are in the office wearing gym shorts. It's getting employed at corporate wageslave chains like where it becomes an issue.

My brother couldn't get hired at Panera because of them so he just looked for jobs elsewhere. He's a chef now and they don't give a fuck.

While I do think it's bogus, at the same time, a job interview works both ways. If the company has an issue with your hair, it probably indicates that they're uptight and you probably don't want to work there anyway and you're better off not being there. However, it's a stupid and superficial way to exclude what would be a good worker. Their loss I guess.

>You think fair housing laws suddenly made white people grumble and start putting blacks into their rentals against their will? No...they turned them down for things like poor credit or other legal excuses instead.

My rental codes-
1. No children
2. No pets
3. $1500 deposit
4. Proof of employment

Meet these and you get 3 acres of wooded privacy, 3 beds, 2 baths, and an open basement for $1000/m. In Maryland.

It so comfy watching niggers get shit on

Funny, I do the same thing with Russians.
If they've got an accent, back into the unemployment line they get sent.

Seriously though, from experience bydlos are nothing but trouble and it's really fucking easy to justify not hiring them since most of them appear slow, smoke like a chimney and chat shit really loud if another slav so much as comes within a 20m radius of them.

Probably because your life is ass and you thrive on other people's misfortunes to feel better about yourself. Theres really no other motivation for such a shitty disposition. I used to be broke and miserable, so I would know.

You're all a bunch of freedom hating faggots

>inb4 muh private business muh rules

If that's the way life is in your nation then that's the way it is. Wont get any judgment from me. Business is business.

In the Russian army they used to make Muslims shave their beards and eat pork and none of them were complaining after the first two weeks.

Don't know if they still do it, but I wouldn't be surprised. They don't tolerate special snowflakes east of the border - you do what the rest of your group is told to do or you'll drown under a mountain of shit until you fall in line.

They are free to hire who they like. That's freedom. Tolerance cannot be forced and respect must be earned.

Why do you hate Googles so much?

t. jamal

I love freedom, and businesses who own their places of business, their capital, etc, have the freedom to tell trashy-looking fucks to GTFO.
Don't like it? Start your own business.

I'm not freedom hating, but I do love my equipment not being completely ruined by inept morons who loudly blast their techno music and talk loudly on their phones, disturbing the company's clients.

Of course there are decent workers from that group out there, but personal experience has proven that it's never worth the risk unless you're absolutely sure the person you're hiring is one of the good ones.

He said niggers not google.