Cred Forums, I need you to help me choose between catholicism and protestantism...

Cred Forums, I need you to help me choose between catholicism and protestantism. I've been thinking about this for several years without ever being able to come to a conclusion.

Catholics, give me your best arguments.

Protestants, give me your best arguments.

Atheists, fuck off.

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7nizgcVjUk
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBby84KboLbHnG56Xzlq_91kxhfeSHp_b
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

(((Jesus)))

Jesus, this again?

(((Christianity)))

Protestant

Catholicism is corrupt both historically and in contemporary times. No where in the Bible does it say priests cannot be married. No where in the Bible does it say a priest can absolve sins, in fact it says the opposite. Mass is essentially re-sacrificing Christ every Sunday which defeats the purpose of Christ's sacrifice 2000 years ago. The pope is just a man, like you or I. You don't need any mediator between you and Christ, especially a confession box. Also, they tend to lean on statues and idolatry way too much for comfort and Mary's role in their religion as the mother of Christ is blown out of proportion. Mary was just a woman that God used to mother Jesus, she is not a saint. Don't get me started on saints, no man is without sin.

Not OP

I've been to a Catholic mass once and I loved how solem and spiritual it felt. No modern band, no teleprompter, just old school worship. Is there any type of service like this on the Protestant side?

>worshipping Joseph's wife's son Rabbi Jeshua

n0T @n @rGu3m3nT

Good goy

(((Jesus is not a Jew)))

Protestants aren't part of the apostolic succession and can't consecrate anything in the name of the lord. They don't have the way and they don't have the word.
The catholic church is the church established by jesus christ.

closest I can think of is Church of Christ, they don't use instruments.

I don't like the modern band bs either. Ravi Zacharias once answered a question about what he thought was wrong with the American church and he said it was the over-dependence on music. The pastor at my church can't even pray without the pianist playing some soft music in the background, it makes me sick desu.

im_not_sure_whos_jewing_who_anymore.exe

Christian identity.

Goody good, love ‘em all up, tolerant, pacifistic "christians" who profess all the century old heresies emanating from the “whited sepulchres” of theological cemeteries are nothing but blind ditch dwellers who have dragged the whole world into the hellish abyss of these present times. They violate the word of God from Genesis to Revelation in order to be politically correct and socially acceptable.

Protestantism and catholicism are representative of the two horns of the second beast described in revelation by John, in verse 11. “And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon."

It “spake like a dragon.” Revelation 12:9 says the dragon was “called the Devil, and Satan.” Its message is, therefore, Devilish and Satanic.

It looked “like a lamb.” The lamb is symbolic of Jesus Christ (John 1:29, 36 and Revelation 12:11; 17:14). Its appearance is, therefore, Christian.

They have worked hand in hand for the total enslavement, and destruction of white western man.

The Devil’s doctrine of racial equality, integration, and mongrelization was pushed by organized religion (protestantism and catholicism), long before it was ever enforced politically.

How come Jews rose to financial power so quickly under Charlemagne? How come Jews control the banks and media in pretty much all countries that have a history with Christianity?

>believing in Santa-Claus tier stories written by sand people millenias ago

I bet you think you're red pilled too

The study of Saints and their actions to become more Christ-like has assisted me significantly in growing my spirit. Protestants as a community are also more generally weak willed. They compromise truth to appeal to libtards. Confession is the most cleansing action you can take. A renewal of baptism. The weight you didn't know you were carrying is lifted.

Catholics claim apostolic procession. The election of the pope has been achieved by many means over time, currently it is by voting of the cardinals. No matter the process, the office of the pope has been transparently corrupt many many times over the years. Lack of uniform process and obvious lack of consistency of good popes proves that the apostolic succession they claim is bunk.

Orthodox Church.

Because Christians weren't allowed to loan money with interest. It was considered a sin and a scummy thing to do. The loophole was, that the jews were willing to do it, so people went to them and they became filthy rich.

Eventually Christians started doing it too, because it was so fucking profitable, even though it's still considered a sin.

I'm agnostic now, but was protestant and I give a fuck, so in terms of getting to heaven, catholicism is the closest to Jesus's words, protestants are offshoots and are likely not to get in, but realistically, since I've never been to a catholic church I can't say it's worse or better, but I can tell you baptist churches are pretty okay. Usually and hour or 2, not many ceremonies actually, besides baptizing, so it's pretty chill, considering I've heard some very fucked up shit coming from Catholicism. Both are equal, just decide if you want a better chance at heaven or a less shitty experience.

Both are shit just stop being a faggot and a devil worshiper and read the bible

Same with the muslims too. They don't charge interest either.

So the jews were the bankers of two continents, the Christians and the Muslims.

>this

I am confused. I was raised a catholic and became a hardcore atheist. Now I am going to become Orthodox. I honestly don't believe all the stories in the Bible but I still pray to God every night.

>choosing the protestant jew
Protestantism is to catholicism as the eternal anglo is to Germans. It is a bastardised religion with no clear fundamental beliefs that differs from region to region. Catholicism however cucked the pope may be has a unified system of belief which with a better pope can be organised into a real religion. Catholicism is bad right now but has potential to be great. Protestantism will never be a real religion.

Why would you, as Christian ruler, allow people under your rule to go against Christian doctrine when you have the means to stop them? Could it be that it was designed for them to have a monopoply?

Abrahamic religions sure seem profitable for them.

We really need to continue following them, it's the only way for us to get rid of the Jews' negative influence :^)

Orthodox Christianity.
Catholicism is a cucked religion headed by a pathetic Pope who bows down to muslims. Catholics are generally unwilling to fight and won't defend their own culture.

Most protestant Churches are complete memes. They all conflict on small differences in ideology and the result is that Protestantism is fractured and pathetic.

Orthodox Christianity is strong and traditional. It teaches peace, but to fight to defend ones self. It balances being strong, unified and tradtitional with being uncorrupted by a cuck Pope who changes all of the scripture and teaches followers to lick google feet

Follow Christ, the rest is secondary man. Believe that Christ was sent to repent humanity sins as the ultimate sacrifice. Believe that he died for us. Believe that he did it for you. Believe in his resurrection.

I was raised a Catholic. I feel alone without God and Atheism only made my life worse. How does a Catholic become a Orthodox?

which one can do exorcisms?

Exorcisms are Jewish ceremonies.

Catholicism has probably the most sophisticated theology of all religions, and to me, the most convincing one. Protestantism makes OT and NT equal, which is wrong. In catholicism the Bible merged with philosophy, which makes catholicism really a kind of philosophy. In protestantism you can only refer to particular passages from the Bible, which makes it a lot like islam and judaism. And finally, catholicism connects you with classical culture. This is very visible in catholic nations

This is likely not of much use to you, but being from the area in which one Mr Luther lived and wrote I have always been partial to Protestantism. Back in the day when that started up, one could have safely called the Catholic Church corrupted; and while putting stock into fallible men is something of a necessary evil in this world of ours (and make no mistake, they can surprise you to the positive from time to time), trusting them with the authority to speak for God on Earth is a concept that terrifies me.

Today they have the first Jesuit pope in Rome, and I have never really been able to trust Jesuits since I learned about their history. Jewish converts. The pope from the group known to have once consisted almost entirely of converted Jews wasted practically no time to throw the gates of the Vatican open to Muslim invaders.

And Luther had his share of writings on the Jews as well.

Call me paranoid if you must, but I think that sticking to the writings of Luther and - as he posited one should always do - read the bible as well as the other books before you claim to know shit is the most fundamentally clever way to approach Christianity or religion in general.

These sentences get away from me. Godspeed you, Norwaybro.

Find an Orthodox Christian Church you can go to. Talk to the Priest and they would guide you through certain sacraments and Liturgies.

Remaining a Catholic may not be terrible, as long as you are true to Jesus and take his teachings over the Pope. The Pope completely skews the teachings of Jesus.

that's not entirely right, i know catholics have some ghostbusters, don't know about the others.

I think you need to swallow the hardest pill.

There are no good churches left. Read 2nd Peter Jude and Revelation and you'll understand what I mean.

Study hard, pray and be repentant. Christ may be here tomorrow or in 10 years or a 100 but its coming soon.

pastebin.com/xMQ9wAwW

I do believe all this, but it's difficult figuring out where to congregate.Catholics and protestants both have good arguments, and I've probably read most.

The best thing the Catholic Church has going for it is that it's a safeguard against moral relativism. On the other hand, it's extreme authority and power can lead to corruption.

Protestantism, as I understand it, focuses more on the centrality of the person of Christ and the Gospel.

> Believe that Christ was sent to repent humanity sins as the ultimate sacrifice. Believe that he died for us. Believe that he did it for you. Believe in his resurrection.

This is the essential message. The big issue is how you can rely on the messenger. The Catholic Church claims that it alone is capable of preserving truth, whereas Christians find the Bible sufficient.

I think my issue is an intellectual one (cue puns).

> Christians

Meant to say protestants. I of course don't want to contrast "Christian" with "Catholic".

>The pope from the group known to have once consisted almost entirely of converted Jews wasted practically no time to throw the gates of the Vatican open to Muslim invaders.
>tfw antipopes are no longer a thing
all we need is italy to promote a bishop to antipope, push his claim on the vatican, and then we have a decent pope

>I need you to help me choose between catholicism and protestantism
That's like asking for advice on deciding on whether you should eat dog shit or horse shit. Surely both have their merits that their proponents could list but, when it comes down to it, it's all shit.

>Christ may be here tomorrow or in 10 years or a 100 but its coming soon.
Uh-huh.
>“For the Son of Man is going to come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and will then repay every man according to his deeds. Truly I say to you, there are some of those who are standing here who will not taste death until they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.“ (Matthew 16:27-28)

>sticking to the writings of Luther and - as he posited one should always do - read the bible as well as the other books before you claim to know shit is the most fundamentally clever way to approach Christianity or religion in general

Luther and cleverness is a contradiction. Why? Because Luther despised the human and reason. His notions were that of anthropological pessimism. He viewed the human being as ultimately flawed and irrational, who can't control himself, thus his actions can't be judged and have no meaning. He can be saved only through an arbitrary decision of God. He said the devil rides him like cattle. This contempt for the human being is very visible in german culture and this is what has pushed the Germans towards statolatry and collectivism. If human person is dumb and hopeless, then one must turn to something bigger, so the state. How it ended for the Germans? Terribly

you make a good case but

>The pastor at my church can't even pray without the pianist playing some soft music in the background
this is a real thing in the US, protestant churches are cringe as fuck and it feels completely fake.

It's easy, for catholics, some time (likely weeks depending on the diocese) going to liturgy. Then private confession, then Chrysmation (anointing of Chrysm takes 20 mins). Same for Anglicans and some Lutherans, but everybody else (depending on the diocese) gets baptized before Chysmation. Confession for Eucharist is typically once a month, or more frequent if you roll that way, but Russians will confess before every Eucharist.

> Protestants as a community are also more generally weak willed. They compromise truth to appeal to libtards.

Surveys show that Catholics are pretty liberal, though. I'm not sure Catholicism provides immunity against degeneracy.

They did see him in his Glory. Remember the transfiguration?

>Catholics are generally unwilling to fight and won't defend their own culture
That's what Christians are supposed to be like.
> It teaches peace, but to fight to defend ones self.
Then they teach in-Christian teachings. How you can propose to follow Cheist by doing the opposite of what he did and taught? Do you think him and his closest followers were wrong?

> Catholicism has probably the most sophisticated theology of all religions

This is my opinion as well. I like protestant communities better than the catholic, but the catholic theology is far superior. I've read a lot of it, which is why I'm even considering Catholicism in the first place even though it would be social suicide and almost impossible for me to find a compatible spouse.

> the most convincing one

Maybe.

how much faith do you really have if you're letting people on Cred Forums sway you decision.
also pick catholic.

>I like protestant communities
What? Even today? You could like them when protestantism was thriving, but it was strong when it served as a revolutionary force, to show catholics that things can be done better. The problem is that protestantism art/culture. This is why religion disappeared from the public space and ultimately killed protestantism

> trusting them with the authority to speak for God on Earth is a concept that terrifies me

This is my biggest issue with Catholicism. I remember hearing Christopher Hitchens saying once that people who claim to know the mind of God are the most dangerous of all. And looking to Islam, this is apparent. And it would require somewhat of a cognitive dissonance to critize Islam and accept Catholicism. Both religions require submission of faith, intellect and will and claim to know the will and mind of God in a way which protestants do not dare.

Thanks for the input, Günter.

>and will then repay every man according to his deeds.

When did that happen? Oh wait, it didn't.

orthodox

marry is a saint what are you talking about
god chose her for the perfect birther for our lord and savior

Protestantism, in my opinion, is too strict and "cultish" in some degree. Tithing, controlled actions and mega ass worship service aren't my things.

In Catholicism they don't care if you only donate 1 cent. For as long as you do good you're fine. Forgiveness is easy to ask but the guilt is still there (for some people, at least).

What? Even today?
Some of my local churches are very conservative and social. You meet a lot of great people and get a sense of community you don't get in a catholic church. I've been to both.

>This is why religion disappeared from the public space and ultimately killed protestantism
> This
? Why?

I'm an atheist and I refuse to fuck off. I'll tell you my opinion: Protestantism is better.

Why? Protestant people and Protestant countries are better and have achieved more.

Catholic: France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Southern Germany, Ireland, Latin America, Brazil. All cucked, incompetent, lazy, low-achievers.

Protestant: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Baltic states, England, Lowland Scots, Northern Germany, True US Americans™. All hardworking, intelligent, responsible, independent, competent, liberty-minded, best on the planet, master race, high-achieving ubermenschen.

Finland is, statistically speaking, THE best country on Earth. And they are 73% Lutheran.

It should be clear to any intelligent observer, any man of science, that Protestantism is greatly superior to Catholicism.

u gotta be careful

definitely not catholic they worship satan

so do most protestants

if the church worships Ishtar and calls it Easter do not fucking go there

Just look at the POPE. Why the fuck do you need a pope? He has sung songs praising lucifer, said we are orphans without mary and promoted a universal religion. It's fake man. Be protestant and don't worship the pope or Mary. He also said that abortion is not murder. He's a puppet.

> controlled actions
Catholics literally have rules for what you can and can not do in the bedroom. Anything but vaginal is strictly forbidden.

> He also said that abortion is not murder
Sauce?

I have no genetic ties to the Orthodox Church (strictly Germanic ancestry), but I've been told it's the most theologically cogent.

especially when its the modern guitars, drums and some bitch on stage who thinks shes on american idol

I just want traditional hymns that my ancestors sang desu

>? Why?
Because protestantism doesn't understand the rules of social life and public areas. When you forbid religious art, then you lose the game. Catholic countries are still less degenerate than protestant. They are worse off than protestant countries, but each country has ups and downs

The choice is easy, friends. Traditional Catholicism is your home.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7nizgcVjUk

John the Apostle saw in his spirit the end.

All those scientists have no agenda and are working for the betterment of humanity! And they say fuck religion!

Richard Dawkins ftw!

t. a leaf

Episcopal Church in the US.
Church of England and its affiliate churches across rest of Anglosphere.

this senpai, I cant sing those songs and honestly feel like its worship.

>believing in apostolic succession

Where did Jesus say that the apostles need to pass on their authority, and that only those who recieved it have authority?

The truth is automatically downloaded to your brain when you choose Judaism

> I'm an atheist and I refuse to fuck off.
That's fine. You seem to be one of the okay ones.

> All hardworking, intelligent, responsible, independent, competent, liberty-minded, best on the planet, master race, high-achieving ubermenschen.

Great point. Isn't there a german philosopher/economist who wrote about this phenomenon? He was talking about the protestant "working spirit" or something. Can't remember his name.

To follow through on your point: Catholic countries are shit for the same reasons muslim countries are shit. The core nature of your religion is submission to authority. Protestantism is by nature more democratic than both of those religions. This leads to more personal liberty and responsibility, which leads to social, technologial and economic improvement.

I'm in a similar situation. I really like the teachings of Jesus and how he lead his life and kept it real n shieet, but I can't believe all the magic powers stuff, on the other hand I do believe in the soul as I have had brief clumsy out-of-body experience. Dunno what to do.

This is tragic to hear. We used to go around wrecking the merchants of the soul and now America has apparently made us a marketing ploy for elevator music. No offense, but I think something about your culture's approach to religious worship may have gone completely wrong at some point; no real idea what though. Maybe getting in touch with Christians of similar denominations in other countries long-term could help you get closer to the essence that you are left wanting for. There should be forums for this if nothing else.

I will give you that these are some viable interpretations, but I frankly don't feel prepared to debate this in such a way as to do it justice. Maybe another thread. Sorry to disappoint.

Oh, also add this to the non hippie side. He comes back in Revelation and wrecks the earth in a series of events that I am still convinced is the most metal thing ever put to paper. It is fucking beautiful.

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBby84KboLbHnG56Xzlq_91kxhfeSHp_b

This has a fair number of debates. Read your bible, and I pray God will bring you guidance and salvation.

My pleasure.

Ya, ive straight up stopped singing in church.

The songs are always repetitive as fuck and only about "OMGGGG GOD LUVVVS USSSS"

It feels really self serving and makes it almost revolve around us instead of Him.

Something about vain repetitions comes to mind.

Because Christians and Muslims love war and needed to finance gigantic armies.

See and > Catholic countries are still less degenerate than protestant. They are worse off than protestant countries, but each country has ups and downs

Maybe Catholicism is better for public morality but protestantism is better for the advancement of the society.

Historically protestants surge from trying to find every answer to catholic rules in the Bible. Some incompetent priest failed to understand himself that the religion was not all included inside the bible.
See, we have Saints. We have great minds like Augustine ("The city of God"), Thomas Aquinas ("Summa theologica") and of course Dante Alighieri ("Divine Comedy").
Although Alighieri was not a saint, he was and is highly regarded in the Catholic Church.
They Obtain a TON of their philosophy form Aristotle and Plato.
If you read carefully, you can find the seven capital sins in Aristotle's "Ethics nichomachean".
Catholicism is pretty much roman paganism in disguise. Romans used to have a "deity" for everything. And guess what, Roman Catholics have a saint for everything.
Emperor Constantine just liked the new fad of Christianity and added a cross to roman temples. If you read a little bit about roman and greek temples, they come very close to catholic temples. Also we have virgins, which we have a very old tradition of carrying them (procession) which comes from before christ.
Many branches of the church have gone hard core "I LOVE MUH JESUS AND MUH BIBLE OVER ALL", and when they go full Jesus is when they become protestant about the rules.
But you will find that at it´s core, in the top branches of the church they are still following the rules and morals of the ancient Greeks and Romans.

Going through the same question myself. Grew up Protestant but didn't like how touchy-feely it was regarding having a personal relationship with Jesus. This is even worse in the non-denominations where people put their hands up and cry during worship songs.

Catholicism doesn't seem pretty fucked up too though with all the scandals over time. What gives Cred Forums? Any Christian religions that are more philosophical than emotional?

> but I can't believe all the magic powers stuff

First you need to ask yourself if you believe there is a God or not. Then if Jesus is his son. And then if it is not possible for him to do these things and even desireable in order to prove his divinity.

I am an Anglican. I probably won't be able to reply to anyone as ai am near other people, but if anybody wants to refute my claims, I will read them.

Anglican's holy orders are valid in spite of Catholic claims. Even if this were not so, it would not matter, as Apostolic Succession does not have the importance that Catholics assign to it. It was very necessary in Early Christianity, where heretics, and particularly gnostics were preaching a totally different gospel. But now that scripture is compiled, and we have the 3 Creeds, it is only necessary that one have apostolic succession in terms of creed and teachings.

The Pope is primus inter pares. While saints like Iranaeus went to Rome to settle issues, that is because Rome was the Primate of the Western localities. Peter himself was not infallible, as after having been told he (or his faith) was the rock, he is called Satan for having contradicted God's divine plan.

All that is necessary for salvation is to be found in scripture. While scripture is indeed derived from consensus, this does not infringe upon its superiority to all other tradition.

i'm not that well educated in regards to religion, but it does seem like the different religions in the US tend toward extremes. baptists, crazy snake charmers, mormons, etc.

Catholics are the exception though, for the most part. I suspect they are similar to the ones in Europe.

Wew, you sure showed him how enlighted you are.
Really made my neurons activate.

> Any Christian religions that are more philosophical than emotional?
I would say protestant denominations like lutherans, anglicans and methodists, but they're all cucked nowadays. But so is the pope and his new catholicism, so we're really kinda fucked wherever we go. People seem to suggest Orthodoxy, but it seems impractical.

>atheists fuck off

Huh, I guess its true what they say about you guys not being able to be civil.

If you've been thinking about this for years and Cred Forums is the last place you turn you are truly a retarded autist. Read books, talk to priests and ministers, pray to God, make up your own mind and stop being such a pathetic neckbeard.

It depends one what protestant church, Protestantism is pretty broad now and I will admit some of them are super liberal and retarded.

I think a key factor is that Catholicism is always Catholicism whereas a plethora of different movements lay claim to the name of Protestantism. Calvinism; Methodism; even the Amish, I think, practice a special form of faith that can be tracked back to the Hussites. At some point that may have spiralled into a sort of religious free market where everybody tries to have a gimmick that will get the most attention and it then all went downhill from there? I wish I knew. Perhaps you could start out with an attempt to research the history of Christianity in the US; who knows, maybe you end up finding "the right one". Or perhaps it at least ends up with you authoring us a good-sized redpill thread somewhere down the line.

i keep hearing this about the new pope, but then i hear it's blown out of proportion to demoralize religious people.
first scenario would be worse i guess.

Interestingly enough, this place can 've better than many Christian forums regarding this subject. Christian threads are generally the most informative and welcoming threads on this board. My only concern (other than obvious baiting and flaming) is that people are not really devout, they just desire to be so. I myself am included, and more or less try to determine proper theology, as though I were a believer (one day I may even find something that will convince me of Christianity).

> While scripture is indeed derived from consensus, this does not infringe upon its superiority to all other tradition.

The excludes the infallibility of the Bible, though, which, to be honest, I'm comfortable with. The Bible can only be infallible if it was compiled by an infallible authority.

John 7:1
After these things Jesus walked in Galilee: for he would not walk in Jewry, because the Jews sought to kill him.

John 7:13
Howbeit no man spake openly of him for fear of the Jews.

John 9:22
These words spake his parents, because they feared the Jews: for the Jews had agreed already, that if any man did confess that he was Christ, he should be put out of the synagogue.

I find Protestantism to be more theologically and intellectually satisfying. There is a detailed record of all the things the Israelites were supposed to do for the temple and sacrafices in the OT. If the catholic traditions were required for salvation, they would have been included in the NT.

Catholics put faith in the pope and institutions, Protestants put faith in the word of God. Most of the hardcore fundamentalists who have resisted western degeneracy, such as the amish and mennonites, are protestants. Most cucked modern day congregations are following a sjw modernist creed rather than the fundamentals of their founders and the bible.

> Interestingly enough, this place can 've better than many Christian forums regarding this subject
Totally agree. People here are less dogmatic and more open to discussion. People on Christian forums are more preachy.

But sure there are some trolls here, but they're easy to spot and add some spice to the conversation so I don't mind.

this is oddly true.

usually less bullshit, lot's of opinions.

you go to specific forums and the fanatics start frothing.

> Catholics put faith in the pope and institutions, Protestants put faith in the word of God

How can you rely on the Bible to be the word of God when you cannot rely on the authority that compiled it? This is probably my biggest issue with Protestantism. I've seen people attempt to answer this question, but the answers are unsatisfactory.

>Tfw literal Christfags still exist on /pol

>sh-sh-shhut up guys, Christianity is the real redpill!

>Catholics are generally unwilling to fight and won't defend their own culture
Tell that to Poland.

>Anything but vaginal is strictly forbidden.
Well i do approve this.

The distinction between the 2 isn't as pronounced now as it was during the enlightenment. In fact, in one you worship the pope, the other have so many spin-offs, but basically boil down to worship of Christ.

A Catholic who can see through all the jewish propaganda is the most redpilled.

Jesus, another bwuh, which prescribed christianity spoon-feeding should I opt for. Read a bible and some theological books on your own or get out.

Rare.

This is why I told you to fuck off. Take you fedora elsewhere.

DANGGGG!

>nihilism and godlessness is the true redpill! you are nothing more than matter and your life has no true purpose or meaning at all

not so fast Mordecai

OP are you going to do the whole nine yards with baptism and stuff? If you're Norwegian join the Church of Norway.

i'm agnostic, but you can't deny that our society degrading has mirrored the decline in religious belief.

modern atheism is a movement pushed by (((marxists and communists.)))

You should pray about it, instead of asking a bunch of losers.

> OP are you going to do the whole nine yards with baptism and stuff?
Once I find a church, yes.

> join the Church of Norway
No thanks. They're the most cucked liberal kumbaya church in Norway.

:^)

As a man with long lineage of protestants extending to the 30 years war, and as an individual who partakes in the occult; I strongly urge you to reject Catholicism.
Let me explain:
Catholics hold the belief that the Pope has ultimate divine authority over christians (and by extent, the world) This in itself is evil.
The root of papacy itself is the notion that you are constitutionally incapable of relating to God directly. This is the same lie that churches have always used, and is one of the reasons God carnated himself in the form of Jesus- to destroy spiritual monopolization by the churches.

The Ecclesia are meant to be free-thinking philosophers not beurocrats.
The Catholic church is the anti-christ trying to middle-man your relationship to God and con you into worshiping mortal mean instead of Him.

Well good luck Norway bro.
God who created you has made you holy. In his son Jesus Christ's name we pray. Amen.
>t.Lutheran

>tfw the most redpilled according to Kek

Amen.

Thanks. I'm leaning towards protestantism, and this thread got me thinking about a few things.

God bless, leaf.

Hear all! Behold this relevation, way past due, fix your agendas accordingly.

>priests cannot be married

This is true. If you're gonna take this holy path of being a priest, you have to be righteous and stay unmarried.

>priests can absolve sins

There is no sin. There is no sin, point blank. There is no sin, but there is karma when you say or do bad things, or hold things in bad faith.

>you don't need any mediator

You do not need a pope. Your life and it's troubles, fears, qualms, queries, are between you and God. Period.

>confession box

Your "insecurities" and bad cjoices, mistakes, and regrets are between you and the big man upstairs, God. Of course you can and do share stuff with your spouse.

>saints

What truly makes a person superhuman? If there are incentives to become holy and superior, a saint, then what would people do as a group? No one ascends to that status.

>Maybe Catholicism is better for public morality but protestantism is better for the advancement of the society
But you can't have one without another in the end. You must have both. And catholic nations like Spain or Italy were developing very well until northern kingdoms surpassed them. Look at Germany or UK - they will lose territory and cultural identity. Who will revive them?

Is there a God, hmm. The more I read about cutting edge physics, the more plausible it seems. But not God as described in the old testament.

I think Jesus is representative of a specific type of genius that naturally bubbles up out of humanity from time to time. I see a lot of parallels between Jesus, of course John the Baptist, Buddha, and others. We cling to their messages because they are quality messages that ring true, so they stick.

I think maybe Jesus had to pull some magic tricks in order to get people to pay attention to his message. Doing magic tricks were a main method to get a following back them. He wouldn't be above it, for the greater good. People want a dinner and a show.

>You do not need a pope. Your life and it's troubles, fears, qualms, queries, are between you and God. Period
You don't need a judge, you don't need a president, let's live in "anarchy". And btw. aren't lutheran and calvinist churches institutionalized?

The first Christians would rather die than deny their Christ. This is a pretty impressive testament.

Nobody is deified. There are many denominations and religions without a leader.

Jesus is a dead Jew. Why would you worship a Jew and spurn the religion of your own ancestors? That's literally the ultimate cuckery. Don't be a cuck. Go pagan.

>mass

Mass is okay, it's nothing more than a gathering, a group setting, where people come to worship.

>statues and idolatry

Good luck charms. Nothing wrong with this, just putting faith in nowhere, yet you see outcomes. Nothing harmful

Pope also isn't deified. I haven't seen masses where the pope would be worshipped or anything like that. He's more like a monarch

Yeah I'm fascinated with the early history of Christianity. It seems to me the Romans began hijacking the movement not long after Jesus' crucifixion. And I don't believe in original sin or that Jesus died for our sins or any of that illogical BS. Subsequently, Christ to me doesn't mean savior.. it means liberator (another interpretation).

The church I attend is a Methodist one, and all we do is have traditional hymns. When the pastor announces news and calls for announcements, as well as during the sermon, the organist is silent. The organist only plays during certain times, such as during the hymns, offeratory, and departure. Otherwise, we sit and listen to the pastor.
Not all of the protestant churches are the same.

If we cannot rely on the authorities of those who wrote the bible, those closest to Christ, then how can we rely on institutions and the word of any one man?
The men Christ himself had chosen were fallible, so why would the authority of a man chosen by, and an institution built by, fallible people have any more authority than the word of the book itself?

if you don't know which is "true" and need to have someone tell you, then you'll probably just end up believing in bullshit.

good luck in hell (or purgatory), user.