Could India and Pakistan go to war?

(CNN)-
Could India and Pakistan really go to war? It almost seems an absurd question to ask.

After all, both countries have long been nuclear powers -- a deterrent that encompasses the lives of a combined 1.4 billion people. Both nations have also seen some years of relative peace along their border, a break from the wars that pockmarked the 20th Century.

And yet, hours after 18 were killed in an attack on an army base in Indian-administered Kashmir, the director-general of military operations for the Indian Army announced that the terrorists carried gear which had "Pakistani markings."

The allegation unleashed a torrent of fury on social media.

"Pakistan is a terrorist state and it should be identified and isolated as such," tweeted Rajnath Singh, India's home minister.

Ruling Bharatiya Janata Party's Secretary General Ram Madhav took to Facebook. "For one tooth, the complete jaw," he posted, seeming to imply a disproportionate retaliation.

Cont...
google.ca/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2016/09/21/asia/india-pakistan-kashmir-conflict/index.html?client=ms-android-google

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I29fO67wMCU
acomstaff.acom.ucar.edu/mmills/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump.

Yup. It's happening.

I wonder if the two would ever go nuclear.

>Indians soldiers start eating only pork
>then they shot on pakistani streets
>pakis cant clean the shot because pork is haram
>indians win with the new militar technique of Shitkrieg

Shit*

>youtube.com/watch?v=I29fO67wMCU

>youtube.com/watch?v=I29fO67wMCU

please kek let it happen

let nuclear fire purge the earth KEK I OFFER YOU THIS GET

Jokes aside. We're supporting India right?

Well yeah fuck Pakistan.

In fact, any country with stan at the end can get wrekt

HOL UP YOU SAYIN WE WAS
*Gets nuked*

No, we're supporting Pakistan in this one unfortunately. India has 1.3 billion people to Pakistan's 140 million. How many nukes does Pakistan have again?

I wonder what china will do about this

Waaat?

No way President Trump sides with muslim Pakistan over ally India.

You sir, are a filthy google

They want India, their regional competitor that won't allow the Great Silk Road to go through their country. They are going through Pakistan instead. They are backing the Pakis.

>Could India and Pakistan really go to war? It almost seems an absurd question to ask.
Is it really though? Both countries would love nothing more than to destroy one another.

India is a shithole of a population sink. Minus one billion population on the earth would be a godsend.

200-400, same as india. This would be a very sticky situation where we (USA) would overtly support India and continue to train/fund paki militant groups under the table

so would china do anything besides supply hardware to pakistan?

>America is a shithole of a population sink. Minus 400,000,000 population on the earth would be a godsend.
I know you're a Muslim paki

The Americans would just be better to let them destroy each other.

Actually i know and live around indians. Good neighbors, zero crime and mean zero

They don't cry racism when they fail. They fit in. Indians are great citizens.

You're right as the US will back India. The Chinese are using Pakistan for their Silk Road project, because India refused.

>How many nukes does Pakistan have again?
Enough.

Pftt. Our population is still low compared to our total landmass. Stay retarded Achmed, rape the natives while you can lol, we're coming for you soon.

If a Pakistan India war went nuclear could India remove Pakistan?

I think they would both take each other out. Hopefully the world is smart enough to quarantine the countries and not get involved. I doubt it though lol.

Leaf... if it went nuclear there would be enough radiation in the atmosphere to make the northern hemisphere unlivable

Nah, we'd be fine. We'd get more cancer rates and die earlier, sure. But we would survive.

But India has thermonuclear warheads and better strike capability

>This is how nukes work
My Lord Jesus, have mercy on those who speak with this idiot

Are British streets ready for the millions of Indian/Paki refugees?

google nuclear winter. even a "small scale" nuclear war would be devastating for the world population.

It doesn't matter when they are right next to each other.

They test nukes all the time

If the three largest cities in Pakistan were nuked the whole country would collapse.
The whole thing would be a complete mess.

China are the Jews of Asia, I wouldn't be surprised if they were behind the attack on the army base.

I don't think Pakis have missiles capable of covering all of India. India on the other hand has ICBMs and air and sea superiority and Pakistan's population is concentrated in like four cities. If Indians stick to their no first use policy (yeah it's a joke but imagine if they do) and Pakistan strikes first, there's no way Pakistan could survive the inevitable all out Indian retaliation.

There have been over 2000 nuclear explosions since 1945 and everything is normal

yeah okay i'll ignore research by nasa scientists, some australian on Cred Forums is a much better source

What part of my statement do you disagree with?

Let's see the Nuclear Winter meme source.

>yet another kashmir meme conflict

its literally fucking nothing

Well you're implying a nuclear winter is not possible because we've detonated so many nukes without it happening. Actual scientists seem to think it's a likelyhood in the event of a nuclear war.

Look for it yourself if you're that interested, I didn't come here to educate you.

The climate models in the public domain suggest that the ignition of 100 firestorms, comparable in intensity to that observed in Hiroshima in 1945, would produce a "small" nuclear winter.

That'd be one Hell of a war. Mad Max shit.

The Great Poo War of 2016

I support India. Fuck Pakis, they're yids with brown skin.

How do you think a war between India and Pakistan would turn out if it got out of hand and went nuclear?
Either side could and would launch everything.

Halfway down the page is the link
acomstaff.acom.ucar.edu/mmills/

I'm pulling for the Loos

I'm ready for pooclear war.

Supporting India in this, fuck Pakistan.

Please no. There would be poo for fallout atound the world.

Pakistan has always been backed by the US.

You don't need to cover a country in radiation to wipe out most of its population.

Target the water sources that feed most of the India (glaciers in the Himalayas, mostly), and then 30% of the Poos die of drowning, poisoning or dehydration in a few days. The survivors then have to flee or die in the long term, since the country becomes fucked ecologically for decades.

That's long term though.
A few strikes from India and Pakistan is pretty much dead in a day.

>supporting the bigger of the two loo countries

Pakistan has about a tenth the population. If India goes full retard and starts human-waving them like the tried against China, we could see the first 2-country war with over 10 million dead.

They're both shitholes, but supporting India over Pakistan is against everything Cred Forums stands for.

Agreeable outcome or no?

Castle bravo and the Tsar bomba were all over 100x in intensity.

The moment you realize an airburst or direct impact over/on a city won't uproot the earth as bad as a 4km 50mt airburst in the middle of nowhere is the day you realize a High Priority engagement on high population targets is the day you realize nuclear winter is a farce unless you are directly utilizing non combatant regions for nuclear targets.

Should be a Khalistan there
They'll be bro-tier

I don't think prospects of dying in a month are much better than prospects of dying in a day, either. Especially when India is still taking the lead in total deaths.

>uk
>in charge of borders

You've already fucked up, you don't get a second chance.

We're talking about a nuclear war, dummy
It'll be quick and over in a couple of days

India should just focus on becoming industrialized so then in 20 years time, they could be like China, and simply use diplomatic and economic means to destroy Pakistan. These days both sides lose if they go to war.

That is the least smooth accent I have heard.

Well, they are unlikely to go Nuclear at all. Last time they were at war, it lasted for 14 days before a truce. Neither side is interested in escalation.

And Pakistan can deal either a shot in the arm or a shot in the stomach before going down. I would guess the second is more logical unless you really want to see dead Indians before dying, but the first isn't really pretty for India either.

Yeah this will just probably be border massing and a show of strength, and not a single shot will be fired, but it's fun to speculate.