Why can millennials make up their mind with what they want to do?

Why can millennials make up their mind with what they want to do?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1stIhE27cXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Not knowing what you want to do is ok (because we're charging you regardless of if you get anything meaningful out of this)

Because when you think you have a choice it's very confusing when all the options are terrible.

Because the MSM does not want them to have any long term goals.

this advertisement is counter productive

This to be honest. Everything is obscured these days, and nobody has to work for anything, so everything is useless.

Parents tell them they can be anything, and provide them with no direction

Because there is nothing worth doing. Millennials have no choice but crippling debt or dead end jobs.
Marriage is a scam so family life is no goal.
Refugees are invading.

The jews took our future. We don't know what we want to do, because there is nothing worth doing.

You sound like a pre pubescent tween who found out how to operate the comment section of this Malaysian pedo board

Millennials are free birds. We do not buy homes or run up debtz. We travel from home to home, place to place, nothing will hold us down. Some call us the lost generation and others call us found..

>choose a career you like
>you chose wrong, there's no jobs

>choose a career for money
>you chose wrong, nobody will hire without you being elite in the field

>choose to start a small business
>you chose wrong, nobody will loan you money and government regulations exist to crush you

Parents of millennials also exist in some parallel dimension where these things aren't true (because they grew up in a different, thriving economy not filled with tens of millions of illegals/"guest workers"), and so instead of offering encouragement, they just attack their kids as being lazy and stupid.

Not knowing what to do is the product of every decision invariably being the wrong one.

What are Cred Forums's long term goals?

I mean, I'd say I've achieved one main goal so far, I have the job I've always wanted. My other goal is to have a family. Even if it's unattainable nowadays, I want to find someone who will actually stick with me and have some fucking commitment and not take half my shit to have a few kids with. Not sure if it exists anymore, everyone I know has parents that divorced, mine did when I was four. It has just become a normal thing. I'd also like to get /fit/ but I feel like I'm probably half way there at least.

But yeah, do people on Cred Forums have a sense of direction?

Fucking this.

youtu.be/1stIhE27cXM

Dont know what to study in university. I'm like that guy in the photo. I hate it

this

also, i have a degree and a relevant job, well paying, all that shit

but it's not my passion

used to be that you had enough freedom to work your job and have enough time to pursue other things, but at this rate the idea of debt, marriage, inevitable divorce, absolutely shit housing market, political instability, etc, i'm extremely worried that i'll have nothing by the time ui'm in my 40s unless i turn that "passion time" into profitable business time, which in itself bumps me into a higher tax bracket that makes the idea of small business completely unviable.

So how we get past it as a society, or as an individual?

>Not knowing what to do is the product of every decision invariably being the wrong one.

Basically these.

Despair grips my every waking moment, the way it would grip a child trying to finish a series of questions on a test. Looking at the clock seeing time run down intensifies the stress, and every answer seems wrong, because we've all learnt this:

Asking for help is a failure and failure is not allowed.

Because we were told since we were kids that we could be anything we wanted, just go to college. We aren't told about practical professions or sectors that have a labor shortage. We just get open ended flowery promises and sent on our way.

Basically the liberals sell us a nice lie then leave us hanging in the wind.

i want to buy property and try my hand at small-scale agribusiness. i'd love to be able to grow my own food and market it as organics. call it hippie bullshit or whatever, but ultimate success for me would be to set an actual trend in this bullshit fad of "organic boutique" farms.

i'd really want to be able to extend to livestock too, so i can expand into soaps, cosmetics and other household items alongside fresh produce. i'm extremely interested in whether or not its economically viable, seeing at these melbourne hipsters are creating a market for organics.

funnily enough, Cred Forums inspired all this. i may be a skinhead, but this place will never shake my belief in organic/natural/whatever hippie buzzword products.

The "get a trade" job is also a meme.

>Since the recession in 2007, 14 million jobs have been created. 13.5 of them went to people ONLY with a college degree.

Very small amount of them went to people with trade degrees. Sure it's a viable option, but once more and more people turn to it it will suddenly be more of the same.

With automation coming we're all fucked and cucked. Wages will never increase, cost of living will go up, all the money will go to the hands of a few and nothing will change for a while until a rebellion of sorts in a few decades.

me too

environmentalism is right wing as fuck. Don't let anyone change your mind about that.

Well, I'm studying for the GRE and I intend on going to grad school in DC to get into policy work.

I love nuclear energy. I want to weasel my way into the FERC (our energy regulatory commission), the Department of Energy, or the Congress' technology committee and do what I can to progress the industry.

What I think will happen is either I work my way to a cushy position or I can help start an advocacy group to challenge all the bad PR nuclear gets if I get stir crazy.

BETTER QUESTION:

why can't Cred Forums refrain from answering these millenial slide threads?

>1 post by this ID

EVERY

FUCKING

TIME

sage

>shilling for fission

Are you stupid?

i don't know. like i've been saying in , i want to clock off the grind and be partially self-sufficient, before extending into making it profitable. what greater feat can i achieve than to sidestep the system and actually profit off of it? i already work a government job, so my preliminary days in development assessment and the university education i have in that is sort of my "feasibility study" for my ultimate project.

fuck society, i'm working within it for now so i can plan to get out of it.

the greatest trick the lefty ever played was convincing the right environmentalism was a liberal ideal.

I would also love to do this. Plus, I have a background in engineering, so I'd like to see what I can do with developing contained growing systems for year-round, pesticide-free, high-yield growth using relatively little land.

this stupid fucking bitch at my work says she doesn't need to worry about student loans because she will be a surgeon
the only problem is that she is dumb as a fucking brick and has no work ethic. I hope she ends up homeless. fuck these 'advisors' that tell students they can do whatever they want. NO, some people can do things that others can't

Cred Forumsack self sufficiency knowledge sharing wiki when?

When I get the money, time, and property to attempt this!

... So like in three decades

What else can I shill for in the states when I don't have the aptitude for math to get the engineering degree?

All I care about is effectiveness. France did it in the 80s and they're still doing fine now. Why not replicate that here?

There's a method it to it. The faster we go nuclear, the faster the price of electricity goes down because there's no more intermittency. The abundance of energy means I can start shilling for electric cars (and invest in that shit) and appeal to the environmental crowd. Then they'll have no issue supporting nuclear because it powers their stupid tesla.

There's nothing to do but become processed fodder for the new industrial machine.
We don't need to be anything spectacular, so long as we serve our new masters.
That's the narrative they've been stringing since the 60's, and this is the result.

I want to make massive amounts of money so I can fund biological and scientific marvels, and bring about the cyberpunk/biopunk future I always knew was possible.

Also, I also want to become a kickass pianist.

>What are Cred Forums's long term goals?
Being able to download things and browse Cred Forums in a comfortable manner while staying relatively healthy until I'm dead

I believe people can do anything with motivation and preparation

How many acres did you want to buy? There is absolutely nothing faggy or hippy-ish about farming. I work in real estate selling mainly larger acreage, so I work with a lot of farmers. They are probably the most redpilled part of our population. Also, there's probably no better environment for kids to grow up in. Basically, better people, your kids will have a happier childhood, nobody gives a shit if your growing pot or whatever in your backyard, it's just the ultimate freedom. I think that returning to the land rather than living boxed in with neighbours looking in on you is the final redpill. If you can do it, go for it man!

It's so simple - College has stopped being an institution with a goal and instead a government profit center.

College is now 100% about getting as many bodies in the system for any period of time, regardless of outcome/completion/value add

College is the new predatory lender, this time with government backing.

Offing myself when my hope runs out.

But on a less negative note, it's still finding something I hold any interest in that can also provide me with the means to support myself. I don't even need much in the way of money - it's nice, sure, but I'm fine with having to save up for non-essentials. As long as I can afford to live, even in an apartment, I'm good.

The problem is that I can't find anything I feel remotely passionate about, and that even if I did, chances are it wouldn't be profitable.

And the clock's ticking, so.

then you are retarded. people have varying levels of intelligence

Seriously, I can't believe people are dumb enough to buy into these meme when it's literally the UNIVERSITIES THEMSELVES who are pushing it

The real answer is that giving everyone an education and then allowing them to freely choose a career is a garbage way to order society and things are literally better under a caste system.

Becoming the catalyst for the worldwide awakening of the white race.

We shall prevail.

>How many acres did you want to buy?
i have no idea, couldn't even ballpark, this is entirely new to me, which is why its my long-term project. i want this to succeed, so i'm taking my time doing the research. also, i'd like to be able to expand, so i'd imagine i'd want something with neighbouring undeveloped properties, or one big cheap plot that needs little maintenance until i can work on it myself.

everything else you said is fuckin' A lad.

i do have a question though, i'd like to be able to be as close to the coast as possible. i've got salty blood at heart for one thing, my family having been shipbuilders, fishermen and (more recently) surf bums, but i also don't want to be paying ridiculous transport costs from living and working too far out west.

do you know of any regions where this is particularly available? i want to compare that criteria with climate data for optimal growing conditions for certain crops.

>they just attack their kids as being lazy and stupid
This, they're so oblivious to the fact that they themselves caused it with all their convenient decisions; they think doing what they want has no consequences, so when there actually are, it's someone else's fault.

What actually happens after the final redpill?

> engineering and arts

Hey, while both are meme degrees in their own right, combining them could make some cool ar…bahahah sorry, i couldn't finish

Shut the fuck up Aussie.

for any other point in Human history your path was decided
-hunting gathering
-building a house
-having a family
-surviving

Then you could go to college but you didn't have to go college to do something with your life and you would be better off for it.

Now you have to fucking decide at the youngest age in human history on what to do with their fucking life and if you choose wrong you are fucked. Who the fuck can choose what to do for their next 70 years of life at 16 or 18?

fuck college and the current climate of Educational achievement and the absolute necessity of it for you to amount to anything in life

Humans were not made for this kind of shit.

Suicide or triumph?

Idk

>why don't you just drop out of highschool at grade 10 and get a job in manufacturing and buy a house 10min walk from the CBD and work the same job for 40 years like I did

Fuck off grand dad.

>We just get open ended flowery promises and sent on our way.

This. I want to fucking strangle the morons who filled my peer's heads with lies about how going to college provides some guarantee of future employment. Of course, what these "advisors" forgot to mention is that they know fuckall about what will be in demand in 4-8 years, or what even the value of a bachelor's degree will be.

Furthermore, it's not like we can hold these motherfuckers accountable since we can't exactly find those random advisors who slung that bullshit all those years ago. Reflecting about it now, it's the perfect fucking scheme. Colleges pay "advisors" and schools to pimp going to college and getting a degree, students do so and get saddled with tons of debt, get degree, find out degree is worthless, still have to pay off debt with shit degree while not being able to hold anyone accountable. And I'm not talking about degrees in Women's Gender Studies. I've got a STEM degree (network and database security implementation, threat analysis, and threat mitigation) and companies won't even fucking look at me.

>but the students should have known better

Students are fucking morons without any life experience who have been brainwashed into believing that their "advisors" are sages who they can trust entirely.

Fuck the whole mess. The previous generation fucked the current one, so I hope they aren't angry when the power goes out.

any nihilistic depression man in?

this really just reveals what kind of useless, cynical businesses universities have turned into.