How redpilled was Diogenes of Sinope?

How redpilled was Diogenes of Sinope?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes_of_Sinope
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If Socrates was the gadfly of Athens, Diogenes was the gadfly of Socrates.

Well put.

Supported cannibalism, lived in a barrel, earliest most famous use of middle finger as an insult, spat in people's faces when they told him not to spit in their house, called Socrates if he had gone mad by Plato, jerked off in public and bragged that he wish he could also stop hunger by just rubbing his belly, and basically told Alexander the Great to fuck off.

Literally who

I wish I could have been the first to call him entitled cis het scum.

Famous Greek. Lived life by flipping people off and cuddling dogs.

>burger education

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diogenes_of_Sinope

The original smug frog:

He even rejected normal ideas about human decency. Diogenes is said to have eaten in the marketplace, urinated on some people who insulted him, defecated in the theatre, and masturbated in public. When asked about his eating in public he said, "If taking breakfast is nothing out of place, then it is nothing out of place in the marketplace. But taking breakfast is nothing out of place, therefore it is nothing out of place to take breakfast in the marketplace." On the indecency of him masturbating in public he would say, "If only it were as easy to banish hunger by rubbing my belly."

barrel looks comfy desu

That's just a few selections too. All anecdotes mentioning him are kek worthy. He's the original mad man.

Diogenes was taught by Socrates and Socrates was dead when Diogenes was doing most of his shenanigans. You probably meant Plato, because otherwise that sentence doesn't make sense.

Seemed like a pretty chill dude, had the balls to tell the Emperor to his face to fuck off and made intellectuals of the time look like idiots

He questioned everything and preferred to be in the company of stray dogs and rejected all advances of prostitutes, decided to be dirt poor by choice and gave away the very few possessions he had to those less fortunate than him

He found value in trade of the items themselves and not in coins with pictures on them

He was respected by few and hated by many but the few who respected him we're in positions of power and wealth so that's why he's remembered in history along with his own fucking statue

tl;dr very

This image is trying to convey that he fucked Whores until he figured out how to masturbate. Really deep makes you think.

So he was a mix of Bill Murray and the cast of Jackass?

This... Is actually a very good comparison.

I wonder if contemporaries honestly believed people would still be talking about Diogenes over 2000 years after his death?

He probably did, if the whole prophecy from the Oracle part is true.