Disney pulls children's costume and apologizes for the 'brownface' outfit

>Disney has stopped selling a children's costume of the character Maui in the upcoming animated film Moana

>The costume used brown fabric to depict the character's darker skin tone

>Many were outraged, calling the outfit 'brownface'

>Some also said it was disrespectful to Polynesian cultures where tattoos are sacred

>Moana was initially hailed for featuring the first-ever Polynesian Disney princess and the first princess without a romantic interest

>Statement from Disney
>"The team behind 'Moana' has taken great care to respect the cultures of the Pacific Islands that inspired the film, and we regret that the Maui costume has offended some,We sincerely apologize and are pulling the costume from our website and stores."

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3802941/Disney-pulls-controversial-costume-new-Polynesian-princess-film-Moana-stores-apologizes-brownface-outfit.html

I know you would figuratively let your kid wear brown skin but you have to admit that this is a clever costume.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/1Eu6xA5tmo0
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3802941/Disney-pulls-controversial-costume-new-Polynesian-princess-film-Moana-stores-apologizes-brownface-outfit.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why is she topless?

Because that is how the Polynesian demigod looks in the movie. You couldn't have a Jesus costume without the sandals either.

gas the left no other options

Also please stop culturally appropriating the sacred garment of the Bavarian people. It's very offensive.

So wait, there's a disney princess with no shirt on and the big deal is that she's Polynesian?

At least they accurately portrayed the crippling obesity in polynesia

Wait

The protag was a fucking woman?

If you mean the demigod, that's Maui, and he's a big giga-bear mode dude

Welcome to cultural Marxism, burger.

Be glad you live in the best country in the world.

What do those fuckers even eat to get so fat?

You can get that large on fish and coconuts.

CULTURE NOT COSTUME!

What the fuck did they think would happen?

Wait... aren't the SJWs literally begging Disney for "representation" with "diversity"? They will whine either way, whether you make the Halloween costume, or not. No matter what you do you will be wrong, ignoring the niggers or featuring them, it does not matter. They will find a way to make you wrong.

Oh it's a dude? But the OP called Maui a princess?
Oh wait, nevermind. Moana is the princess. I misread it the whole time.
>Welcome to
I've been around this stuff all my life.

that people would enjoy the costume because it's inspired by a movie they and their kids would be excited to see.

So naive

This is why the world sucks now
>everyone's a victim

I don't think you realize how batshit people are these days.

this is some retarded shit right here

They have huge feasts quite often.

Because eating is literally part of their culture.

No. The princess is called Moana like the movie itself and she is not topless. The costume you see in OP is of the character Maui, a Polynesian demigod.

Their PR team probably thought it was a good idea to stick a little girl in the costume so that no SJW could complain about gender stereotypes.

Yes. It's another princess movie by Disney.

They're civilized but live off American imports because the islands isn't stable enough for agriculture.

They consume mostly Spam, Corned Beef, White Rice and American Alcohol

Either it's the sugar from all the vegetables they eat or they are just overwhelmed by the mass of energy we nowadays store in so little volumes of food. Did you never wonder why no country with McDonald's in it attacked the United States?

Yea, but you guys fought it for the longest. I feel sorry for America, you guys resisted this faggotry and now that Europe has adopted it, they blame you for it.

From what I've seen America is more refilled and based than anyone.

Although, some Brit posters give you a run for your money.

youtu.be/1Eu6xA5tmo0

young polynesian boys do not have their hair cut until they come of age
they are often confused as girls

That it would sell like crazy or that it would cause outrage and thereby free PR. I think it's a nice costume. Wouldn't you have liked to be able to dress up like a demigod from one of the favorite movies of your childhood?

Honestly, I've been to America many times. Even if Trump loses your county is a breath of fresh air.

WE NEED MORE DIVERSITY!
NOT THAT KIND OF DIVERSITY!
UGH, CAN'T YOU BIGOTS STOP APPROPRIATING POC CULTURE?!
HOW DARE YOU MAKE A BROWN COSTUME!
>makes white costume
UGH, EVERYTHING IS SO WHITE!
WHERE ARE THE POC?
RACISTS!
BIGOTS!
HILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARYYYYYY!

Redpilled*

Trump isn't going to change much if he does win.
I live about 20 minutes from Windsor but I've never actually been across the border.

Just read the article and you're immediately reminded that you can never give in to progressives. Not even in inch.

>This isn't the film's first controversy. In the run-up to Moana's release on November 23, it has already divided audiences, receiving both praise and harsh criticism.

>Disney was lauded for hiring people of color to voice its characters.

>In addition to 14-year-old Cravalho as the title character, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, who is of Samoan descent, was chosen to voice Maui.

>But others took issue with the way Maui was represented.

>Jenny Salesa, a member of New Zealand's parliament, wrote a Facebook post in June contrasting the attractiveness of three Polynesian actors to the cartoon character, who she said looked like a 'half pig half hippo.'

But remember, citizen: Diversity is our greatest strength!

>No matter what you do you will be wrong

This. Does no one remember the non-stop bitching about Princess and the Frog? They had to make her Prince some strange mulatto because they were so afraid of the outrage if he were either white or black.

Why are liberals so racist?

Because of their tits?

>Disney cartoons after Walt are a sinister plan to jewify the children
>fucking SJWs want to ban Disney cartoons, right Alt to the rescue

People here are getting really fucked off because they say that the film depicts polys as fat and lazy,
The Maoris around here are fucking dole bludgers who have huge families that decimate the neighbour hood with there stealing and niggardly ways of listening to loud rap music and when they come of age they join the gangs and the process starts all over again.
Race war when?

>make something for the polynesians, show the world their culture and folklore
>OKAY BUT WHAT IF A WHITE PERSON ENJOYS IT

>Moana was initially hailed for featuring the first-ever Polynesian Disney princess
Lilo wasn't technically a "princess" but she fits in the Disney Princess role. Does she not count?
>and the first princess without a romantic interest
Elsa

Didn't they also bitch because the prince wasn't black but some sort of hispanic?

Frozen was siscon

>>Some also said it was disrespectful to Polynesian cultures where tattoos are sacred
Get one fucking Polynesian native to say it's disrespectful.

so moana is a boy?

Spam

They eat entire fucking pigs. They got some pretty good food man.

>make brown costume
Wow, that's racist! You're appropriating another group's culture!
>make white culture
THAT'S WHITEWASHING

Gas yourself faggot

Tumblr was a mistake.

As a Polynesian I don't care if they make this shit. On another note I would totally have my kids wear these.

For Y(ah)oo.

spam sashimi is fucking good. i'm not overweight in the slightest. it's just good nostalgic food. cheap and easy.