How do I get a job that pays over $10 in this country?

How do I get a job that pays over $10 in this country?
I can't even afford a rental payment with 40hrs a week, and am pretty much required to pull an extra 12 hours of overtime minimum to make ends meet.
Will Donald make things great again for Texas after the wall?
I can't see the future from here.

Go work in a factory. Uneducated unskilled people can earn upwards of $15 an hour easy

First of all you gotta be working more than 40 hours you pussy, second of all you need to find a job that pays more than 10 an hour, that's for Mexicans

Get a degree in networking or some cisco certification

Join the army. They'll give you a place to live.

This. It's like welfare for white people.

They take care of you, give you spending money, teach you discipline, pay for your education, and give you "muh veteran" privilege when you get out.

Join the Air Force for easy-mode.

>Air Force
Harder to get into, but yeah, it's the better choice if you can. Might actually get a skill you can use to make money once you get out, too.

Find an underserved industry. I live in north texas and make $30 an hour. Not working in oil fields welding or tech. Remote service technicians make bank. Drive around and fix shit. Im posting this from the side of the highway

>certified to be a sales person for cisco by being a complete and utter shill, shilling for cisco products, and knowing nothing but cisco technology

The trash is that way.

Or a 55k yr job
Your choice

when they find out your an american citizen they'll find a reason to fire you.
more money / less time, maximize that ratio.
>spend money getting certification.
>lose job to H-1B visa
in a job, if you don't want to do what you are told, you're fired. In the army, you go to prison.

Move to a place that actually has factory jobs.

I started out at $10 five years ago and I'm at $20 now. I work third shift to earn more, so that means I'm about to leave for work and my schedule is more like a vampire than a human.

Over here they only hire illegals and drop you once they're done with you.

It's not too hard to get in if you study for the ASVAB. Real easy mode is getting into IT in any branch. Contractors will suck your dick if you have certs, TS clearance, and experience in whatever environment they're contracted for.

yep, you have to train being an officer, which means not only do you have to kiss ass and do push ups, but you have to study too. Though being a drone pilot sounds like a sweet job.

It's boring as shit apparently.

did you get this from applying or through your network?

The problem with living in bumblefucknowhere is that you better have a car in good working condition.

You get to watch Arab women being raped and laugh, so it's not all bad.

Get skills or friends in higher positions faggot. Nobody wants to pay your worthless ass anything because you are worthless. I literally got hired yesterday as a surveyor's apprentice for $20/h by a dude who was dating my gf's friend. It's part time while I finish up my RT program. Get fucked, whiny millenial. You can't just expect dank memes and time logged watching Star Citizen pre alpha videos is going to land you anything.

>I can't save $1000
Maybe if you weren't constantly upgrading your fucking GPU so you can get hi-res titties in skyrim you would have a car.

maybe but it sounds like the closest job with benefits where they'll pay you to play video games. You probably will get more self respect there from your commanding officer than you will at a video game company.

Unfortunately I live in South Texas so there's only oil rigs and steel mills who chew you up and spit you out. Every other day I'm hearing about a family member or people on the street being laid off by Shell/Kiewit/Valero etc etc.

I'm trying to be in the medical field but nurses are fucking aids to be around and 12 hours having someone's life in your hands and risking getting hepatitis isn't fun.

I'm not saying I wouldn't do it, I would, they would be paying me more than I make now to sit on my ass and occasionally blow up a sandgoogle.

Fucking move, South Texas is 90% Mexicans anyway.

Highly depends on where you live. I got an opening at hospital doing security for $20/hour plus benefits. However you actually have to work for that because crazy shit happens at hospitals.

That being said general labor work is seasonal but pays about $24/hour because nothing but shit heads apply for it and if you're not a fuckwit they'll keep you.

You've got to just keep looking. Remember that doing shit people don't want to do always pays better.

Move out of South Texas for one. You are competing against illegals. Move further north and try and share a two bedroom apartment with someone to cut costs. How much is your rent?

>How do I get a job that pays over $10 in this country?

Kek.

>First of all you gotta be working more than 40 hours you pussy,

KEK.

That's actually a fair assessment. But that's why I asked about Trump. If he BUILDS A WALL, can I stay here?
$800 for the rent alone gets you a shitty hovel around here around mexicans, not accounting for utilities and food. I make 600 bi-weekly at best.
How is it in other parts of Texas?

I live in South Texas.

Work plant operations/pipe line/transport.

Four years, no lays offs... Yet.

Get a room mate for a year and save money.

I'm in the Corpus Christi area. This isn't "South" Texas with Eagle Ford Shale. This is DuPont "Fuck You in Your Mouth" Chemicals.

move away from that expensive city

you can share a 2BR apartment with a stranger
if you live in a shitty area you dont have to pay much

Where are you living you fucking retard. That's rhetorical. Move someplace cheaper you imbecile. God damn it. Stupid fucker.

$1000/month should be plenty for a few years if you're not a complete idiot.

I could make you a millionaire in 25 years starting at min. wage.

Airlines. I make $32 an hr. New contract coming soon gonna be up to $45 an hr.

Smuggle cocaine into the states from Peru.

Can't complete morons make 60k a year driving pickups full of redbull, hot pockets, and vapes out to oil workers in Texas?

I have a (((girlfriend)) that'll help me, provided she moves the fuck down.
Boy I've heard that before.
>user just go be a redhat system admin!
>It'll be fine user
>go to comp sci user, you'll make millions in cy sec
They pay you that much to finger people?
What do you do?

Not TSA. I fix gound equipment.

I don't know what hospital you work at but I'm paid less than 12 with no benefits.

Ok so how do I work to acquire this jobbing?

Man why the FUCK do Americans make so much money.

Go to major airlines website. Click careers. Find GSE tech/mechanic. Apply. Wait and pray.

All I've ever wanted was a stable 9-5 job that pays well. I need no excitement. I worked for $9.50 an hour for some bullshit temp-staffing agency. It was in an actual office, but I was basically a 2nd class citizen because I was contacted to do pleb work for minimum wage.

After a year working in that shithole, I exaggerated the shit out of my position there on my resume and used it to get an actual job making 45K +incentives. Sometimes you have to eat shit to get your foot in the door. I know a guy that worked in the copy room for 3 years to get a real office job, but now he makes really good money.

Move to a tourist trap town that attracts upper-middle-class and wealthy tourists, wait tables. $30/hr 40 hr. weeks easy.

Get a job at a (((Bank))). That's what I do and I make 19/hr with no prior experience or degree.

Get a male room mate unless you plan on marrying your rent paying gf within the next six months. Otherwise you find out later she's a fucking slob and you're stuck paying rent getting laid less often.

Ty user maybe I won't have to kill myself now
There's no fucking such thing anymore.
The American Meme is dead af baka desu senpai.
I would, but I want to get on the other side of that where I can do the jewing.
Saying that probably already disqualified me.
I will definitely take a look.

Dude, if you can't get a job that's at least $15/hour by the age of 23, you're a failure at life.
Especially in Texas. People get jobs right out of highschool that make more than that.

Learn some fucking employable skills. The only thing trump will do if elected is make sure worthless NEETs like you aren't such a drain on the economy.

Move to east NC 650$ gets you a three bedroom house. There a shot tone of military bases so contract jobs are everywhere and you won't be surrounded by annoying Texans and tejanos

>650$ gets you a three bedroom house
Yeah, in the fucking ghetto.

Too late. Too many mexicans
>tfw found a white paradise with low cost of living and jobs in my industry
only problem is like .9% muslims but it's the best I could fine since I picked a shitty career in accounting
should've done consulting desu senpai

East North Carolina? Where the googles are?

This is good advice about getting a male room mate.

I've had female room mates before and they tend to leave to move in with their boyfriends and don't give a fuck about leaving you with the lease obligation.

Or if they are typically slutty with no boyfriend they will bring in Chads all throughout the week to fuck them and talk to you at the morning dinner table like some family member while he chugs milk and waits to get an erection again.

Male room mates are typically more chill about small things and are less of a pain in general.

This. Seriously. It's literally welfare for white people.

If you're not an idiot you can learn a skill. Or just fight, travel the world, fuck stupid sluts all while getting free room and board and being paid.

Maybe if you live in Raleigh Durham you fuckhead. I lived in new Bern and my apartment was 425, moved to Bridgeton, had a 3bed 2 bath for 650 and I'm now in havelock with a 3/1 for 625

Get skills. Hvac repair

You do know that only lasts a couple of years, right?
Hell be sent back to the US with no clue what to do

That's why you have to set very strict ground rules. I never allowed my roommate to bring over any chads and she didn't want me to bring over any Stacys

Where ARNT the googles? I guess OP could move to Idaho

Had this same problem, making $11/hr, had to work 60+ a week just to be able to live "comfortably" ( meaning be able to not eat ramen everyday ). I'm an EMT-B now making the exact same, but at least I don't have to pay for health insurance now.

Zillow says you're full of shit.
Only place I could find for rent in that city at that cost was a 1 bed 1 bath, and it doesn't look to be in the nice part of town.

We know we can Google these things to see if you're lying, right?

>welfare
Except you actually have to work and at some point will be taken off

That's kind of the point of joining the army?
Do you think they'll pay you to do nothing forever?

Become a truck driver, they make good money, get to work by yourself listening to radio and music

Perfect job for a NEET

So can I dummy. I never said you'd be living in the ritz, but it's not that hard to find a place

>I can find a 3 bedroom for $600
>Well it's not like I said you'd be getting a 3 bedroom for that price

I guess it depends on where you want to live. You can purchase actual condos and homes for under $100 in the worst parts of Detroit. It's basically free if you're willing to live in a dangerous third world shithole.

Move to washihgton state and make minimum wage

Must be nice to be a Muslim immigrant and invade a country and have 20 babies and get more money each time you have a baby..

Right because fuck having any semblance of a life that isn't work. Get the fuck back to the assembly line you drone cuck wage slave, where you belong.

You're a defeatist faggot, kys, since you're not willing to make an effort to improve.

Youre just a fucking retard. Dont fill apps out for min wage jobs you dumb fuck. Meet a plumber or welder thatll have pity on you and help you correct your seriously misguided life choices. Im dumb as shit and i can figure this out.

I said my current home is 3/1 for 625
My last one was 3/2 for 650

Lol my first job paid $10

This is how niggers do it. As a white person I don't know how you could live with yourself, but if you were to use welfare temporarily then I suppose it is understandable.

>Get BA in english
>everyone tells me I won't get a job
>make 40 an hour tutoring stupid freshman in how to write a goddamn sentence

feels excellent man

>Uneducated unskilled people can earn upwards of $15 an hour easy
not when there is a outside group of uneducated unskilled "people" that can work for half of that plus I don't see how unskilled people are worth that much

This is my first full time job at 20.

All the welders are slaves to the platforms here, but I /could/ ask a plumber.

So you found 1 house in the shit part or town which is 3 bedrooms for 650. Let me refer you back to Anyone can buy a shit house for cheap, but as soon as you leave your house you Gon get robbed.

Well, maybe not you, since you probably can't afford nice things...

How many hours do you work a week?

A question for all anons who have posted real quick.
How are your jobs? Do you work 40 a week for shit pay that barely cuts the bills?
Do you feel like you're living the American Dream?
Do you think we'll ever escape this trap of perpetual debt slavery?

Just keep waiting for that trickle down economics to kick in. Aaaaaany day now

What are you, retarded?
Work in a warehouse doing nightshift while learning a trade skill. Then once you're making a decent income in your trade, if you so choose you can work on a degree and shoot for a job in that field. Don't just work at McFucktard's with no future plans and expect something magical to happen. You have to plan and work.

To get a good job you have to network and meet people. Thats really all i was saying. Its the only reason i have one cause i sure as hell wasnt initially qualified for it. Go to church. Its the best place to do this.

I have 15 clients a week at the moment for regular college tutoring and essay help, and 5 early enrichment/SAT prep which I charge 50 a session for.

Helps I got a 2300 on my SAT and went to a good college. But it's absolute piss-easy work. Get an SAT prep book and go through it with them, or get them a 60 page book in basic grammar and syntax and then just hammer essay craft.

Yea man, it's a literal wartime here
And James city is actually nicer than havelock

You fucking retard. Starbucks pays 11.74 for entry position plus free college and like an extra ten dollars a shift in tips. Alternatively be like me, work at Walgreens, get starting wage of 11$, and after 90 days upgrade to pharmacist, get 16/hr. Two years later you're making 35/hr at Stanford or similar. If you can't figure something like this out then I have a two step program to help you out:

1) stop being a faggot
2) seriously actually stop

>don't be a fag man, just get a job ;)

It baffles me how you fret over this shit and actually struggle to make ~$10ish dollars for 60min of your time.

My brother & I made 4.2 million last year growing weed in (((california))) in take home profit, and intend to make over 6, this year. I'll literally retire around the age of 30 and pay peons minimum wage to make me a fuckton of money.

This world is crazy, I swear.

I wrote up a good resume. I had a much older friend let me apply for a job with his medical tech company. I was in industrial supply, then operating heavy equipment, maintaining wireless irrigation equipment, etc. I figured that if you can explain your responsibilities at past jobs and how you learned and utilized your talents, it applied to any job you want to go out for.

My friend helped me write a couple of drafts of that resume, then submit it. I didnt get the job because they wanted a Bachelors of Electrical engineering and certification/ NRC clearances. It was pretty painful having a manager question your education and why you think you can be an asset, but that hardened me up also. I wasnt afraid to apply everywhere i saw that offered the income i wanted. So i shopped thst resume around and got several callbacks and eventually the 3 interview HR thing that big companies do.

This is fucking disgusting. Godamn it I fucking hate niggers all over again

I just got a job walking dogs for $18/hr get gud scrub

Wow you're a fucking loser.
I was a 2nd assistant manager at Skechers and made 10$ an hour when I was 19, and I've never made minimum wage in a job, ever. I literally did nothing all day and got paid for it. Where do you people live that there aren't hundreds of jobs at your disposal?

Holy fug housing is cheap over where you guys are.

I'm paying just under 1k (Cheapest place I could find in the area, was looking for months) for a 2 bedroom, 1 bath bottom story of a house.

i make 11/hr but can't get more than 25 hrs a week.

Medical tech is good, but its super competitive at the income level i was originally shooting for. I had planned on being a Rigger. Thats like a millwright for MRIs and Linac. But im just a chump with an A.A.S in art and design and experience with electronics/ machinery. There are tons of 26-35 yr olds with prestigious degrees desperate for work who would do what i wanted for about 20k a year more than i was asking. I figured i could low ball those chumps and still make bank. There was definitely some politics as well. My friend was going to hire me on referal, but some other guy wanted engineers with papers. Just as well- im proud i got a job on my own, and the only help i needed was writing a proper resume.

Yes but minimum wage is 7.25. My brother works at a grocery store for two years and makes 11/hr. Also NO UNIONS
But if you have a skill (I'm a nurse. No college, got trained in the army. Make 21/hr) you can make it fairly easy

That explains it a little, I'm making $20/hr learning on the job as a marine electrician, minimum wage is 9.47.

Before applying anywhere try to walk in and me the guy that runs it before applying, make sure he gets your name and that youve been interested in becoming a ___ and ask if they are hiring
look up local unions and apply
look up local factory jobs and apply
look up local warehouse jobs and apply
go to local gov handout job place tell them to update your resume
go to local job fairs

honestly not that hard

meet*

Learn a trade user

Get some basic qualifications you fucking dumbass. There's loads of short courses that only take 1-3 days and will actually get you a job paying a livable wage.

I keep hoping society will collapse so I never have to get a job since I've been a NEET all 31 years of my life.

such as?

Elaborate? This sounds illegal

You must not live in the south. The rural and small cities ofbthe south are essentially 3rd world when compared to the rest of the nation.

>source: am working my way through college in a shit hole state and have lived in the south my entire life

Also, fuck reconstruction for economically and culturally crippling the south for nearly 200 years.

We're right in the coast. I'm sure you'd find a job with marine fisheries, the US Navy, Coat Guard or marines as a contractor, any of the boat or yatch dealers, ect.
the biggest thing for anyone is
1:be marketable. Learn a skill
2: dont be afraid to move or change jobs to advance.
3 learn how to negotiate a contract

Maybe quit being a faggot and learn a skill that is worth more than $10. You really think the fucking president can do anything to make you less mediocre? That's on you.

Hey, I like the rural south.
But yea, we are only just now starting to catch up to the rest of the country after reconstruction.

Depends on what area you want work in, tafe here offers free courses for people that aren't working full time. I got my forklift lenience, first aid, white card(workplace safety), and a few other things and now I'm getting $27 an hour working in a shitty warehouse. I was planning on doing a few other courses when I get time so there's something for me to fall back on if I leave work.

I do too man, its beautiful and there is an unreal amount of potential in the land and in the people here. It is a great irony that boothe's assasinatiin of lincoln, by galvanizing radical republicans into the destroying the south, ultimately did much more harm than the war itself.

I would give advice but my life is now shit too. >did 4 years in the AF, got out
>started a job at an airport doing the same thing
>got a DWI a few months ago tried to fight it and in the process blew through a lot of my savings
>got 3 months license suspension and lost my job because of that, now have 2 months left >been applying to jobs all around where i live that i could walk/bike to
>just applied for unemployment so i can pay rent and eat
>finally got a call today about one of the 30+ jobs i applied to, a lot of them shiity
>the one that called isnt shitty
>45K a year salary
>please work out

>using the city data jew

Learn a coding language, do a few projects for free like some small business websites, get a job coding somewhere. Take a certificate course in something.

Tfw you get made fun of everywhere you go outside of the south, and no one realizes that the govt charged higher rates for rail and shipping in the south as a punative measure after the war all the way until the 1960s.
"you dumb hick, it's appa-LAY-shuh not appa-LATCH-uh. How do you have the 3rd highest GPA if you can't talk right?"

Not to mention it immediately halted the program Lincoln had in place to ship all blacks to Liberia in a very mandatory way.

Might have been the worst gunshot ever fired in American history.

Join the military, im sure there's at least 1 branch which will take you.

call center bro.

labor provides less than 10% of input into production - capital provides over 90%

Originally started out as manual laborers, then as a "consulting" firm, presenting ourselves as expertise growers, and would work for people who had licenses to grow but were in over their heads, and because we knew what we were doing and worked hard, we would increase their yield a great deal and talk them into expanding and cutting us in. A lot of them were rich aging hippies who just wanted to "enjoy their lives" and found running their grows tiresome.

After forming connections and confidence working for folks, we eventually sourced a handful of people (some family) to put up money to buy rights to have a grow-op, payed them back, retain 75% of the operation. Most of the grow is sold to a literal Jew who owns a dispensary store front.

We're forming a co-opt with other smaller growers to wreck the big guys, assuming Monsanto Scary guys don't completely take over in the next 10 years, I don't see why I can't make enough money to retire comfortably within the not so distant future.

I don't think we're especially smart, business savvy, or anything like that -- it's just we got in when the time was right and we're literally growing money on trees. We have a facility with 10 rooms and each room produces ~$60k per harvest, not to add all the supplemental side work and passive income sources.

The biggest headache is dealing with stonerfucks.

$60k in profit per harvest, mind you

Aight senpai, fly me down and teach me to work your consultation end.
First few paychecks I can offer to compensate your costs of hiring.

>Go work in a factory.
>upwards of $15 an hour easy

There are factories an hour away from me paying $9/hr, and they're a fucking revolving door. Not because people move on to bigger and better things by choice, but because the management has a hard on for trying to fire someone with the weakest excuse. I heard some got fired for declining "optional" overtime after working their ass off on mandatory overtime. Fuckers act like slave drivers.

Another factory much closer does pay more, but you're exposed to more fucked up shit than a meth lab for only about $12.50 starting pay and pretty shit medical benefits.

Cost of living is apparently "low" in my area, but the median household income is just over 30k, with the median family income being about 36k. So if you're earning $15/hr here and you're not the only breadwinner then you're doing better than most.

You can't stay. Be dynamic. Think about moving! Your life is in your own hands. You can help construct the Trump wall in a couple years but it will take time to get started.

Take an easy job and be better at it than anyone else. Then become their manager. Stick around for a while at most large companies and making over $10 an hour should be easy.

Work for UPS and take a graveyard shift, they pay 13.70 part time.

The sad thing is, the way things are going for my family, 450 a month is too much for us.

Apply at Amazon Fulfillment centers.

12$ hourly starting out. Benefits first day in. Apply now and you should hear from them soon because of the Holiday season.

Do you live in the south as well?

It sounds like you do.

I know that pain. I got a job on a river boat for a while to escape it.

You need help brother. Why is 450 too much? Who in the house is working? Do you have more coming in than coming out?

You bet your overly-humid ass I do.

Working on a boat is really fucking tempting, but I'm too far from the river to bother with it, with too many family members in shit health needing help for me to move away. So now I'm just waiting to develop a sense of self loathing enough to turn into some kind of degenerate porn game developer because it's fucking retarded how much those freaks get paid for a whole lot of nothing just because they've pandered to furries or some other fetish people are happy to dump money at.

Has anyone heard of salmon fishing in Alaska? You stay out for 3 months, but you make 30k apparently. The catch is, you have to sign the dotted line that you might not make it home. Has anyone tried this or heard anything about it? I feel really tempted to try it, I don't care if I die

I literally live 15 miles out of Corpus and work eagleford shale oil.

You know what Im going to say then senpai

But also how do you stand driving to Three Rivers every day?

Trucks bring to oil to me.

Have a trade skill faggot.

Anyways, there's a lot that goes on in the transportation of oil once it leaves the wellhead.

A large amount of that oil makes its way to the coast.

Kinda bad times for the oil venture. I started when oil was was above $100/bbl.

Crazy times.

I'd be making well into six figures by now if crude prices didn't go to shit.

That's what pop is dealing with right now. Got straight fucked by declining oil prices because that's what everyone relies on down here.

I submitted three applications tonight for city works for Aviation and IT fields. We'll see how it goes.
Thanks for all the help.
I sure hope I don't die.

>itt faggot losers

I got a job paying 13 an hour driving a hi-low for a grocery store distributor then bumped up to 18 when I worked shipping and receiving in a factory.

Texas is America's Saudi Arabia... We're oil powered.

fucking idiot

ccna course will teach you all the basics about routing, switching and some wan networking. the vendor is totally meaningless here.

Went from a top percentage $300k/yr+ household with two earners to absolute shit with oil crash.

Not in a factory.

So, then do what you are told faggot.

I make 20 dollars an hour with 20 hour weeks at my first job, second job is technically pro bono but the owner slips me 400 every two weeks

I get by

Cost of living is high here in WA. Minimum wage wont cut it.

What decent paying job is there for typing 80+ WPM?

Package handlers at FedEx in NY start at $13 an hour, and they always need people.

you have no idea how bad the public image of the military is now a days, branch to branch bantz has crossed the culture barrier and is only making the military as a whole look wayyyyyyyy worse than it truely is. most asholes dont think they work at all/shit training(irony is they overtrain them becuase they cant aford failure and as a result most military's send there people to america for proper training)/ autisms with leadership and lack of discipline and what not, as a result most people hate the military in america despite the propaganda stating other wise

and the american military knows what its doing so ofc there gonna overwork people in some jobs and let shit slide in others but most people work harder becuase its easier to get it done as soon as you get it rather than waste 3 hours beucase you get paid by the hour

I'm a nursing aide making almost 14/hour. Get a job wiping old asses until you get a degree, most places help with tuition.

Same deal but 10/hr and treated like dirt.
Working to pay off student loan so I can go back.

Join Navy/Air Force and get into an Intelligence related branch, you'll get a clearance that is worth money on the outside. Learn to code while you are inside. Profit.

If your good at math, trade currencies. It's all just calculations based on chance and trading setups >50% win-rate. Downside, it'll take a year to learn. Upside, you can start with 0 money.

Other things you could do with no money but much time: learn a (tough) language, buy and sell stuff on the internet with a profit and continue to grow the items.

If you're a man of God, just pray and everything will be fine. Just disregard all advice from humans, because God will take care of you.