Immigrants Aren’t Taking Americans’ Jobs, New Study Finds

>Do immigrants take jobs from Americans and lower their wages by working for less?

>The answer, according to a report published on Wednesday by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine, is no, immigrants do not take American jobs — but with some caveats.

>The question is at the heart of the furious debate over immigration that has divided the country and polarized the presidential race. Many American workers, struggling to recover from the recession, have said they feel squeezed out by immigrants.

archive.fo/xJlCL

DRUMBPF BTFO

Other urls found in this thread:

breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/21/intel-lays-off-12k-looking-import-11600-foreign-workers-since-2010/
money.cnn.com/2016/01/25/technology/disney-h1b-workers/
vdare.com/articles/national-data-in-time-for-labor-day-immigrant-displacement-of-american-workers-hits-obama-era-record-new-illegal-surge
evonomics.com/do-immigrants-import-their-economic-destiny-garrett-jones/
nationalreview.com/article/440334/immigration-national-academies-sciences-report-fiscal-economic-impact-native-born
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>no mention of wages

Of course they are not literally stealing fucking jobs from people. That's not how economics works.

>Oversupply of workers

>lower wages

>competition by employers

>higher wages

there. fucking 8 years of school summed up for you.

How the fuck does this blow anyone out?

>Some immigrants who arrived in earlier generations, but were still in the same low-wage labor markets as foreigners just coming to the country, earned less and had more trouble finding jobs because of the competition with newer arrivals.
>Teenagers who did not finish high school also saw their hours of work reduced by immigrants, although not their ability to find jobs. Professor Blau said economists had found many reasons that young people who drop out of high school struggle to find work. “There is no indication immigration is the major factor,” she said.

That's exactly what I've always thought. Close my borders up senpai.

>x amount of jobs
>x amount of unemployed Americans
>x amount of immigrants who are employed

Don't worry about the math goy. They're not taking your jobs, and the jobs they are taking are the ones Americans aren't willing to do :^)

When you increase a supply you will decrease demands.

By increasing poorly skilled laborers the left will harm working class people- many of whom are, ironically, black.

>a report published on Wednesday by the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine

so you're saying immigrants don't take high-skill jobs?
good to know

its like a study comes out and tells you the sky is in fact maroon, not blue like you think you see

What you aren't an engineer/lawyer?

>so you're saying immigrants don't take high-skill jobs?
yet
breitbart.com/big-government/2016/04/21/intel-lays-off-12k-looking-import-11600-foreign-workers-since-2010/

Really? You're telling me that I can sweep floors in Los Angeles for minimum wage? Where? Where can I pick lettuce for minimum wage or more? Just looking for a job to get my 16 year old kid on his feet. Should I have him apply at the McDonald's or JackInTheBox or do you already have several 30-year-old career servers there?

Bullshit.

Before the 2000s teenagers mowed lawns and help with "day labor" type jobs. Teenagers worked in kitchens and as bussers. This taught Americans how to work so when they got their first "real" job they understood business and hard work.

Working teenagers also got the youth out in the world and they knew their neighbors and communities.

This "study" is horseshit and anyone with common sense knows it.

So they don't even work? Reassuring.

>w amount of work that needs to be done in country
>x amount of workers
>y is the wage given to every worker
>take x and inflate it with mostly unskilled workers
>most nonskilled jobs now have way too much competition aka supply, demand stays the same (see w) so y drops
>skilled jobs get flooded with a bunch of immigrants trying to get dem college educashuns
>these cunts expect people to believe that immigration does nothing to wages

so lemme get this straight, the fact that the american dollar now has 5% the purchasing power of the 1915 american dollar is in no way related to the massive spike in workers (hint: around the 1960s-1970s the worker supply doubled thanks to feminism), but is instead attributable to some random boogeyman?

>so you're saying immigrants don't take high-skill jobs?

They create more tech jobs overall through the companies they establish. Case in point: your homeboy Peter Thiel.

Top kek. Tell that to the Disney IT workers

>Paco the semi-literate day-laborer is establishing companies

Tell that to any unemployed construction worker, landscaper, or agricultural worker in the Southwest, kike faggot.

If you don't know what a net change implies you deserve to lose your job to an immigrant.

If you're so retarded not to realize that they steal jobs from people who still have to get to working age maybe you should stop posting.

And what are those good jobs that are taken by H1b slaves replaced with? Shitty service jobs? That's a shit argument. Not our fault our leaders are getting paid by their friends to make us compete with people used to living in concrete factories for half or less of the pay...

We goyim would be lost without our benevolent overlords telling us what to believe.

sage shill/troll threads

money.cnn.com/2016/01/25/technology/disney-h1b-workers/

>National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine
Not economists

>Immigrants Aren’t Taking Americans’ Jobs,

They are just taking americas money, right?

>immigrants don't take our jobs
>just our welfare

Well shit, glad I get to work for Mr. Shekelstein, wouldn't want José and Tyron to starve.

The logic is that immigrants CREATE jobs. Bull prepper, cuckshed builder, durkadurka translator, midwife, cop, prison officer, etc. As long as an immigrant requires at least 1 American to act as his paid keeper, then immigrants 'create' jobs rather than 'cost' them and so are allegedly 'good for the economy'.

Clearly none of these economists have read Frederic Bastiat. It's OK, he only made the parable of the broken window in 1850, I know keeping up with the bleeding edge of the discipline is hard.

nah, welfare obv doesn't count

vdare.com/articles/national-data-in-time-for-labor-day-immigrant-displacement-of-american-workers-hits-obama-era-record-new-illegal-surge

Friday’s August job report was greeted with a collective yawn by the Main Stream Media—which as usual paid no attention to immigrant displacement of American workers, which has reached an Obama-Era high, or to mounting evidence that illegal immigration is surging.

So they dont work at all? But I thought all immigrants were hardworking people who contribute to society. Or is it KIND OF HARD TO DO STUDIES ON UNDERGROUND ILLEGAL POPULATIONS THAT DONT SHOW UP ON CENSUS REPORTS, LET ALONE IRS STATISTICS

>t. The last white stone mason west of the Mississippi

>PANEL ON THE ECONOMIC AND FISCAL CONSEQUENCES OF IMMIGRATION
>FRANCINE BLAU (Chair)
>Blau was born to parents Harold Raymond Blau and Sylvia Blau, née Goldberg, in New York City
Oh wow, it's a jew. Isn't that just a strange coincidence Cred Forums?

>implying neoclassical models translate into reality
Looks like you need to read up on some General Theory m8.

>immigrants come here and don't get jobs

wtf I hate employment now

>(((study finds)))

Well then how the fuck can they afford to live here?

>New Study Finds
>New Study
>New

Keynes should have spent more time in his studies instead of young children.

>is no, immigrants do not take American jobs — but with some caveats.

The caveat is that they do.

Listen, even in Sweden Yes they interviewed a range of economists on the migrant issue and even the optimistic chucklefucks said it would strike at those already vulnerable.

There aren't enough low level jobs anywhere in the west. Flooding the market with competition can only do one thing; drive down wages further and ultimately put people out of work.

>Implying the mexican cook right down the street isn't getting paid 4 dollars below minimum and works 12 hour shifts.
>Implying the ILLEGAL MEXICANS I personally worked beside were getting 10$ BELOW average pay in construction.

Protip: I only worked that construction job because I knew the forman. No one there was legal, no one got paid what they should have. No legals got hired because the boss could on paper pay out what was expected but pocket a cut.

Now tell me Illegals don't take jobs.

>ignoring long term consequences

evonomics.com/do-immigrants-import-their-economic-destiny-garrett-jones/

>illegal immigrants outjewing poor americans.....why don't you blame the fucking jews who are hiring them?

>Immigrant's aren't taking Americans' jobs
>Because H1B1 visas aren't a real thing

Stupid faggot nigger op BTFO

..writes the H1-B

its the NYTimes, they cherrypicked the fuck out of the findings they highlight because they know their report will be used as a reference point by the rest of the media

for a less biased breakdown of findings see
nationalreview.com/article/440334/immigration-national-academies-sciences-report-fiscal-economic-impact-native-born

You are right. They take american welfare