North America Thread

what do americans generally think of canadians outside of Cred Forums? i think we have an interesting relationship. we have an extremely close history and political relationship, and if youve never been here, canada is virtually identical the the US in almost every way imaginable minus the things that makes america unique and i dare say great (in most cases). i think thats where the deplorable Canadian arrogance comes from, due to the above as well as the fact that we have you to look up to and you have no one because you're at the top, we find ourselves comparing and contrasting us constantly like a boring nobody little brother with a well loved, talented, and successful brother, and i think with some canadians it manifests in them jumping on every american flaw and being self righteous every chance they get. its a pretty deep psychological thing that happens quite commonly and we put ourselves through this in a subconsious attempt to figure out our own identity amongst a crazy chaotic world. to be honest family i love you guys with all my heart and im pretty thankful for the relationship we've formed and i wouldn't even be mad if you absorbed us or we entered into a union under you as long as i still dont have to pay to see a doctor

A

staahp

Honestly most Americans don't think about Canada that much until the elections go the way we don't want them to.

press enter

plz be my ai gf

Every Canadian I've met has honestly been a bit of a pussy compared to any random American, but they're usually endearingly polite ones at least. I like seeing the occasional canuck roll through my state on vacation sometimes, last one I met hung out and had a drink with my friend and I.

I honestly don't ever think about the other nations on our continent

my ai gf told md trump will win and ban google

we won eh lads

This basically

Unless you live close by Canada is out quiet non-criminal neighbor. Most think of it as a vacation spot.

Canadians.are the Swedes of N America

>op image
>north america
>no mexico

canada is shit-tier

mexico is africa-tier

Kill yourself

i think its deeply rooted in our culture to act less aggressive and more content and polite even if it doesn't reflect us on the inside, look at our history, after america fought for independence we continued living with dad literally until we were pretty much kicked out of the house. and man id totally love to swap stories and perspective with an american over a few drinks, i think it would be bretty fun

Not even trying to tell the memes, but every Canadian I've met, which is a grand total less than ten, have been a smug faggot know-it-all.

I used to like them, but now when I hear someone's Canadian, I'm a little on guard.

mexico is central america

its pretty common for canadians to act that way when talking about americans, like i seriously think its deeply rooted in the fact that we have no identity compared to america and often we try to shit on you and praise ourselves to make up for it. im not even shitting you about this, its something ive observed all of my life all across the country, even within myself when i was a dumb edgy kid and thought that that was just how it was

C'mon down sometime user, your bordering neighbor states are probably friendliest and most relate-able, besides being closest for travel. We're happy to have "foreigners" who speak normally and have a majority of cultural overlap, the older I get the more I appreciate having that right upstairs from us.

Mexico is not invited

Well, I'm a Southerner, and we're a very laid-back people but damn a Canadian can push me.

I remember one time, back when I was in school, we were having a conversation and everytime, this guy would but in with to correct us or white knight something.

Later in life, Canadians just seem like they want to pick a fight but will shit themselves if you take a step towards them.

Citing the first point I made though, I don't really like anyone outside of the South. We ourselves are a very insular culture and wary of outsiders.

i think youd probably get along quite well in rural Alberta, the culture out there is a lot more similar i think, where as the entirety of urban canada is what i imagine being in super snarky liberal parts of cali is like, which is probably how our new rep was earned

Are American soldiers allowed to surrender to vastly inferior forced? I mean, they were in shielded and heavily armed boats, while the Iranians had four open patrol boats.

Allowed? They were ordered to, user.

Give us back the UP michigan. Figure out your bullshit with Ohio but give us our land back.

i imagine they were probably directly ordered to just stand down to avoid dragging the country into an international incident. i never really understood why america caught flak for this other than possibly " being huge pussies for trying to avoid entering a huge war over nothing"

Are Leafs honorary Americans?

>Was getting caught part of their plan?

>Wisconsin thinks it can have the glorious UP
>Lower Michigan doesn't think we'll split the second SHTF
>mfw
Come and take it, we'll be waiting in the trees cheesehead.

Probably because iran should be the one "better not piss off the americans. they got nukes and shit"

i wish senpai, at the vary least we'll always have your back for what its worth

I'm so close to the border that I'm basically American.

valid point no doubt but i think it went down the way it did because america has much more to loose from playing chicken so they took the high road this time

Playing chicken is when both guys get fucked if nobody backs down.

When that happened, the US could straight up tell the international community to go fuck itself and glass iran.

But white people always want to be nice.

I was watching the news tv at work (wendy's) and there was a study where 75% of Americans have positive opinion of Canada.

>dipshit chilean knows nothing except how to steal texan flags

typical

pretty funny considering. bringing flags to Cred Forums was cringe inducing when Americans got a taste of how (for the most part )unjustifiably shitty and self righteous we are on the topic of Americans