Why do so many Australians idolize a criminal, Ned Kelly...

Why do so many Australians idolize a criminal, Ned Kelly, who literally did nothing positive and is only famous for being a criminal who wore a metal suit while he shot at police?

Other urls found in this thread:

migrationheritage.nsw.gov.au/exhibition/objectsthroughtime/ned-kelly-jerilderie/
youtube.com/watch?v=n4BJBz8GpzI
youtube.com/watch?v=PHUcRTvdcbM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't. Fuck him. You convict Aussies do.. not us real Aussies.

>You

I clearly was implying I don't myself.
But a lot of Australians do.

You're literally a dumping ground for British criminals and degenerates. You're just celebrating one of your own desu

BECAUSE FUCK THE ENGLISH

Éirinn go Brách

Ireland Forever

A dude wore a metal suit and fucked shit up? Sure, its not the right thing to do, but that sounds awesome. Like a human killdozer.

He was an irish immigrant kek.

IRL shitposting of his kind is a special occasion and must be celebrated.

you fucking poofters

Same thing basically

The "criminals" they deported to Australia were petty thieves and oppressed white poor people getting fucked by British aristocracy/authority. And look, they managed to build Australia out of it, lol. Even our poor people > everyone else.

That explains it.

Haha that is crazy.

manly /= being

People think Romans conquering was cool because it was so long ago but Hitler was a baddy.

Every numale in Carlton wants to look like him.

He stood for something and doesn't afraid of anything. That is what is means to be Australian.

kek

did any of the shots kill him?

joj

It kind of matters what someone stands for though. Muslims stand for Islam and kill people for it. Does that mean they are all Australian?

No, he was wounded and captured and hung.

His last words were "Such is life" which became a famous quote here.

It'll take a thousand like ned Kelly, to hoist the flag of stars

>Why do Australians idolize a criminal

Australians are criminals, why wouldn't they admire one of the goats?

That's like asking why humans are impressed by Nicola Tesla, William Shakespeare, and Aristotle. It's like asking why googles like LeBron James.

>ned kelly was able to build this in a kangaroo pouch...with a box of scraps.

now that's a shitpost

1)he used an 1851
2)he trolled the british authorities massively

"I warn you that within a week we will leave your Colony, but we will not leave it until we have made the country ring with the name of Kelly and taken terrible revenge for the injustice and oppression we have been subjected to. Beware, for we are now desperate men."

Cool, I did like the Ned Kelly movie

>at the age of 14 when he was charged with the assault and robbery of Ah Fook, a pig and fowl trader of Chinese descent from Bright.
kek

"The Police got great credit and praise in the papers for arresting the mother of 12 children one an infant on her breast and those two quiet hard working innocent men who would not know the difference a revolver and a saucepan handle and kept them six months awaiting trial and then convicted them on the evidence of the meanest article that ever the sun shone on it."
Ned Kelly

migrationheritage.nsw.gov.au/exhibition/objectsthroughtime/ned-kelly-jerilderie/

Bushranging was the manifestation of rural poverty and political rebellion played out against the backdrop of the struggle between the eminent landowners of New South Wales and Victoria who plotted to transfer power from Downing Street London to themselves, only to see it usurped by their political enemies – the artisans, shopkeepers, merchants and renegade gentry whose power base, in the 1840s and 50s, was Sydney. In New South Wales, the march of democrats and liberals came up against the landed gentry with its own history and deep-rooted traditions, determined to have responsible government on its terms – a narrowly representative autocracy – and pledged to stem “the flood of democracy” at all costs. Their weapons were the law courts, banks and the legislature.

Ned Kelly did nothing wrong.

I think he was probably quite an intelligent man, considering he essentially made bullet proof armour out of scrap metal, and this was able to withstand 19th century weaponry. But because he lived in the bush, and his family was involved in crime, he probably never got the chance to reach his potential

British Soldiers raped his sister so the story goes. Heard from My grandmother.
Her father who moved over here was good friends with the Kellys.

Your grandmother was alive in the mid 1800's?

great grandfather was.

if you talk shit about ned kelly then your a faggot cunt neo-australian, fucking dog cunts

Off to the gaol with you.

eat a dick

>The policemen of the time did not have as rigorous standards to adhere to or oversight (especially in a backwater town in a backwater colony) as a modern police officer does, and police would often be as petty as ordinary folk just with the extra authority and immunity of a uniform. Add to this that the police were of Anglo descent and Kelly and many in his community were Irish and you have men in uniform being arseholes for the sake of it.
>It is unfair label him a cop killer as you (not you personally, raypaulnoams) are equating the police of colonial Victoria with the police of today, and that is short-changing both Ned Kelly and modern police, and discounting racially motivated persecution of minorities. Modern police organisations still refuse to acknowledge him as folk hero as they need to promote the image of the policeman as a timeless symbol of justice and purity for PR reasons. They might be better off distancing themselves from the corruption and lack of professionalism of these older examples of "police".

>ah fook
Was that his name, or just what he said when he realized he was being robbed?

>The events at Stringybark Creek were messy, but these were police Kelly knew personally and taking into account the previously mentioned factors it's not unreasonable to accept Kelly's justification in the Jerilderie letter. Ordinary people didn't have much love for the police to begin with and Kelly was able to endear himself to the people by not killing the homestead owners he robbed afterwards (he was apparently a charming bastard to them, too) and for locking the police in their own cells at Gloster. These kinds of acts endeared him to the people. There are some suggestions that he was aiming for legitimate political rebellion, and possibly planning to secede part of Victoria from the Crown authority, but I'm not sure how true that is or if he really thought he could achieve that.
Glenrowan was another messy situation. Ned Kelly knew that police were coming to kill him so he made attempts to defend himself. Attempting to de-rail and murder a whole train worth of people, even if they are probably trying to kill you is on sketchy moral ground at best, but the audacity of the move has really only contributed to the legend. Finally, the donning of the iconic armour ensured that he would be remembered.

Pretty sure Ned Kelly was just a dindu of the 1800's. Media defend him because he dindu nuffin and talk about how bad the police are.

the original dindu

Neds revolver.

The metal suit was bad ass and you're a shit cunt if you think otherwise

They were bad back then and got shot for it.

>Irish both sides of the family here, all the way back past Ned Kelly's time.
>We were treated like second-class citizens, the police raped our wives, stole from us, tortured and killed us for fun. All sorts of terrible stuff happened to the Irish under British rule of Australia, many became bush rangers but were quickly hunted and killed. Some considered us less-than-human and named us "the blacks of Europe." On my mother's side, our land was forcefully taken from us and my great great great grandfather was thrown in prison, much of the family was slaughtered. They hadn't done anything wrong except for "being Irish." He later axe-murdered a handful of his captors and escaped into Victoria.
>Ned Kelly, somewhat successfully, rebelled against British authority and was a thorn in their side for some time. It wasn't that he was an Australian hero, but he was a hero of the Irish in Australia always. When British influence withered away, he became an Aussie folk hero. I don't know the full history of Ned Kelly, but I assume that he, like others, were forced into a bushranger's life by an antagonistic police force and ruling class. If an Irishman had land, some would do all they could to take it away from him.
>There needs to be more exposure of this type of Australian history, I find it facinating, but outside Hillcoat's "The Proposition," I haven't found much. We very much had our own "Wild West," it was arguably more brutal and unforgiving than anything American pioneers had to deal with.

Taig plague is real

Fuck the romans

Because like goes with like

His popular because his a tough guy who is the embodiment of masculinity.

>literally the only military achievement we celebrate is a cock up beach invasion

He's a mad cunt, faggot

what a maaaaad cunt aye

>tfw taig loyalist
It hurts fampai

Not strayan but I agree

Ned Kelly was based as fuck

Because Xiang Dong, Australians have a tendency of backing the underdog, it's part of our culture.

Show some prides Aussies. You can meme Italians up there with the rest of us.

>loyalist
Honourary prod as far as I'm concered

Irish expats have a victim complex wherever they go, they finally had somebody to root for.

Ned Kelly wasn't liked too well until many years after he was hung when people started adding extra details to his story like him supposedly trying to form and lead a republic in Eastern Victoria, the cunt was just an angry proto-bogan, not Napoleon.

I liked that he beat up all the chinks when he was a kid.

REEEEEEEE IM NOT A FUCKING PROD
YOUR FALSE MESSIAH LUTHER IS BURNING IN HELL
GOD AND MARY SAVE THE QUEEN

>choosing some argie kiddie fiddler over her maj
wew

>criminal
>did nothing positive
m-muh ethics!
topkek, Ned was based, kys straya cunt

I assume you cunts think that the BLM sniper who shot cops in Texas months ago was also based then?

Literally the same kind of situation.

Dindu in a shoot out with cops.

LIES
THE QUEEN IS CATHOLIC
ANGLICANS ARE A MEME
POPE FRANCIS IS A KEK AND A TRAITOR

Copkillers are true heros, regardless of their nationality and color.

>THE QUEEN IS CATHOLIC
>implying Liz would ever lower herself to being a jacobite

Be a hero for all of us and kill yourself please.

>Greece
>Probably a Muslim sleeping on someones farmland stealing wifi

t turk rape baby

t achmed

slay yourself my man

I NEVER MENTIONED THOSE HAGGIS-STIRRERS
HENRY'S CONVERSION WAS ILLEGITIMATE THE ENGLISH THRONE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE CATHOLIC
THE LINE OF ROLLO IS BLESSED BY ROME ITSELF TO FOREVER RULE EUROPE AND YOUR POPULIST KRAUT PSEUDO-COMMIE CULT WILL NEVER CHANGE THAT

>THE ENGLISH THRONE IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE CATHOLIC
>mfw

Wogs get out REEEEEE

Rage aside, I'm glad the jacobites got fucked. They were Scots, it's not their place to question the line of succession.

Because when you only have 200 years of history, you take what you can get. It just so happens Ned was fucking boss, and his criminal shenanigans make for some great as fuck stories.

Is this a sign?

Because the poor guys never had a Civil War down there, so there are no cool battlefields and museums to visit. Makes me sad for them.

Tesla was a nerd. Shakespears, nuff said GAY AS HELL. People only know like 5 things about Aristotle.

Ned Kelly was a ranger
Who found himself in danger
Oppressed by the English he fought for justice.

youtube.com/watch?v=n4BJBz8GpzI
this is why

aussies are natural contrians it's why we are so good at shit posting

>straya
>probably an abo fucking a kangaroo

t. viking rape baby

great comeback reddit.

>Greek
>in a position to call anyone a rape baby

>be greek
>be a persian rape baby
>be a roman rape baby
>be a visigoth rape baby
>be a bulgarian rape baby
>be a norman rape baby
>be a turk
>be an italian rape baby
>be a german rape baby

Did I forget any?

His parents were the immigrants you fucking swine. Kelly was born here.

Back to the topic at hand, lot's of people celebrate him for lots of different reasons. Mostly because he is an iconic member of Australian folklore regardless of what he did and didn't do.

He was a murderer. He was a thief. He was a Bank Robber. Though this is not why he is respected as he is. The reason is because no matter what happened, he was a battler, a true honest blue Australian because he got up and he did what was necessary to live. He probably never wanted to do half the shit he did but did so because of a unfair and corrupt Victorian government.

Everyone of you 'Australians' should know exactly why he is a member of the Aussie mythos. Go fucking home, Chang. Australia doesn't want any of you fake bastards.

Fucking disgraceful the lotta ya

Nah, generally everything we've been involved in has been pretty good. We almost always go in under equipped, under prepared and always came out with the highest KD ratio and often a win when we had no business doing so.

>tfw last name is Kelly
>Irish ancestors way back in the family
>live in the same area as based Ned and co.
>have yet to check Ancestory to see if we are related

t. Paddy Maigdigudfffgbguinness

Idolize is a strong term. I'm pretty sure it's more fascination

A lot of people get tattoos of him or the "such is life" quote

mate people do not get the such is life quote as a tattoo, you are 100% tippity top full of shit i bet.

I've seen it plenty of times...
Across the chest, back, on the forearm, etc.

youtube.com/watch?v=PHUcRTvdcbM

Anyone who gets a tattoo is a retard by definition so their opinion really isn't too relevant.

West Coast Eagles Quarter-Back, Ben (I fucked my cousin) Cousins

>Local man beats the cops with this one weird trick

But in all seriousness it was a clash between the english anglicans and the scots and irish they were fucking over. While kelly was certainly a horse rustler the charges brought against him were clearly false, the evidence given by doctors ignored and overruled by the local cops and one of them is believed to have made a move at his sister.

Given the selfsame cops were later suspended when a full enquiry was held, but the state didnt want to back down on this particular case kelly basically didnt have a choice. Initially he did his best to not kill people he didnt have to though this changed after it became clear the cops didnt follow this rule. He gained public support by robbing a few banks, moving a couple of houses down and spending the winnings at the local pub, along with burning mortgage papers and other fun activities. That and ned himself believed in basically starting a revolution and forming his own country, though that didnt come to fruition.

And lastly having a nightlong firefight with ten times their number of cops that ended with two of his four man gang burnt to death, one shot through the head when he took his helmet off to drink some whiskey and ned himself the sole survivor. It certainly inspires the same romantic notions as any other "last stand".

Bump