Disney halts sales of Moana costume after racism claims

>Chelsie Haunani Fairchild, who described herself as Polynesian and a native Hawaiian, said the costume was an example of cultural appropriation. It was wrong to sell a costume that allowed children to pretend to be another race, she said.

>"It's disgusting," she said in a video posted to YouTube. "This is inappropriate, and it's not okay."

money.cnn.com/2016/09/22/media/disney-moana-costume-racist-polynesian/index.html

Long story short:

>After the success of Frozen numerous minorities bitch about Disney having too many white princesses
>Disney makes a culturally diverse movie to pander to brown people
>hires Hawaiian and Samoan voice cast to portray them
>tries to make merchandise for the characters like they always do
>DAS RACIS!
>MUH CULTURAL APPROPRIATION!

Was this a lose-lose situation from day one?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/j8m8p
dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2353524/Angry-Disney-fans-create-ethnic-princesses-latest-film-features-ANOTHER-generic-white-female.html
youtube.com/watch?v=gZYAWguZD_4
youtube.com/watch?v=M8zQHO40Cys
huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/26/elsa-racist-comments_n_7665666.html
heatst.com/culture-wars/harry-potter-fans-mad-at-jk-rowling-for-expropriating-native-american-mythology/
iltalehti.fi/viihde/2016092322362675_vi.shtml
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montserrat
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Also the costume looks pretty faithful to the film.

>giving the slightest of shits anytime the left consumes itself.

Minorities "culturally appropriate" every fucking day a thousand times a day

i fucking hate these fat retarded fucking island niggers

But no one bats an eye when browns and third worlders appropriate white and Jew inventions

Fuck Disney anyway. If anything the marxist conspiracy starts with them

Eventually corporations will realise it's no longer profitable to do this shit.

Not only are you losing out on the entire chinese market but ungrateful shits whine in your own country.

Eventually some marketing guy has to realise that "diversity" isn't making them any more money, the opposite in fact.

But then why are people allowed to pretend to be a gender they are not?

Check your privilege cis-race scum

Every time they put on a nice suit and go to work it is cultural appropriation. They did not dress like this in Africa 100 years ago.

why do they always say something is "not okay"? is it possible for a sane person to hear that sentence without rolling their eyes?

We won

Only white costumes

That has to be the most passive aggressive round about way to be racist like holy fuck but lieberals found a way!

Whites asked for diversity, the Polynesians did not.

This was stupid on the part of Disney.
Hopefully they can learn from this and only sell basic costumes which consists of the clothing the characters wore, and nothing more.
Then they should be in a contracted partnership with the people who make their costumes to open another boutique company that makes higher end costumes that are fully detailed such as the one they're in trouble for, and sell them for more.

This. They bitched about football and baseball segregation when those are white created/cultural sports to begin with.

Googles need to stop appropriating our sports!

Well listen theydislike us, not all of them do, but some of them do. they need someone to hate, a bad guy, someone to blame all their problems on. They have a simple ideology because they are stupid, they cant compartmentalize and be objective. To them something is all good and flawless, infallible and perfect, or it is all bad, horrible, and deserves to die. they cant admit they have flaws because under their own way of thinking they would go from being flawless and perfect to being total shit and worthy of death. they cant think of things with the kind of clarity that would allow them to say "ive made some mistakes but im still a decent person" so now we are scapegoated, they like primatives, attempt to place all their sins into us. it doesnt really work that way but they are pretty stupid so whatever.

So, of course, only white kids can buy Elsa costumes from Frozen, right?

That's true. But it's either white rule or Japanese rule for them at this point so they don't get to choose.

Every Halloween-season it is the same shit.

Why does no one even pretend to be offended on St.Patricks day?

To be fair stuff like the tattoos and Maui are pretty sacred to that culture. Its not like they are dindus whining about someone copying their style of music or some dumb shit.

Still, some Hawaii people are fucking easy to trigger and whine about things like people trying to learn their language or building on top of "graveyards" which are literally fucking everywhere in Hawaii.

>Why does no one even pretend to be offended on St.Patricks day?

Because Irish are the niggers of Europe.

Those are clearly black Irish.

But this suit is just the brown version of pic related, which isn't racist. I just don't understand what they want, they claim they want equal representation and when Disney panders to them they spit it back in their face, so that can't be right. What are they worried about? A white kid dressing up in it? Are they fucking serious? If I saw a black kid in a white muscle suit/costume I'd just laugh. Who actually cares about this shit?

They enjoy being the 'victim' too fucking much.

>respect my culture by ignoring its existence

YOU GOT IT TUMBLR

Yeah that's the only thing I don't miss about living there as a haole.

It's weird where they redraw that imaginary line.
It's fine to pretend to be another gender or genders that don't exist, or pretend to be a pony or some other shit animal... but as soon as you want to dress your kid up in a costume from a character in a film... THAT'S where it's wrong and distasteful.

> Why does no one even pretend to be offended on St.Patricks day?

They do. Its fucking sad.
archive.is/j8m8p

I better never see a non-white child wear a European princess dress ever again. After all, my culture is not a costume.

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2353524/Angry-Disney-fans-create-ethnic-princesses-latest-film-features-ANOTHER-generic-white-female.html

>that allowed children to pretend to be another race
But I thought there was only one race...

>It's disgusting,
>It's not okay

They all say the same things everytime

Brainwashed hivemind with on que responses I think so

Do you have your Mahalo Rewards Card? Didn't think so.

We have her name, where does she live?
I'll order as many "racist" costumes as I can and send them to her address. Being rich has to be good for something.

>Google girl with long white hair
Genetically impossible.

This is so funny. So now Disney is only allowed to sell costumes of white characters. It's like the minorities refuse to have their own races tainted but they are ok with the white race being tainted...

The I no fucking nigger or spic kid can dress up as Superman, Batman, IronMan or fuck any good super hero.

WEE

They are insecure about the colour of their skin. None of the stuff they say is actually a solution to anything. They are just convolutedly venting their frustrations but are too weak to admit to anything.

I wish Disney would cut it out with that 3D shit.

>SJWs will boycott the movie for being racist because the main character doesn't represent the race in a specific light
>Make characters white
>SJWs will complain about it being "Another white disney princess movie"
You'd think they would just stop giving a single fuck about disney for once.

It's hilarious how much hate Elsa gets for being white.

Celtic people aren't white.

race is a social construct when youre talking about another being inferior/superior through well researched facts and findings, unless it is convenient for it to be real in which case it is until it stops being convenient.

Most people out here I ran into don't actually seem to care though.

Sorry, was just thinking about how much I hate Ben Affleck.

This movie is going to bomb, the only Disney films that make money are about aryan princesses living in castles

youtube.com/watch?v=gZYAWguZD_4

Why are all these islandniggers hopping on the MUH RACISM bandwagon lately? I thought they were pretty chill about that kind of stuff. Is it just a few bad apples?

I need to stop coming to Cred Forums

If I keep seeing shit like that everyday I'll go mad

>retarded cunt bitches about some nonsense
>this is relevant enough for CNN
really great living in the current year

Every time King Nigger wears a suit, tell him he's culturally appropriating white culture by pretending to be a white man.

You just need to hit the acceptance stage.

>I wish Disney would cut it out with that 3D shit.

The princess and the frog was a financial stumble for Disney and it convinced them audiences didn't want 2D animation anymore.

They didn't stop and think for one second that their choice of princess was a factor in that failure, and not because "no one likes 2D anymore".

Liberals are idiots.
> you must accept these people that are different.
> they can dress like you, but you can't dress like them
> they can eat your food, but you can't eat theirs
> they can celebrate your holidays, you must not celebrate theirs

And you wonder why we want them to stay in fuckistan.

White people don't get offended at anything other than attacks on their character

Being called a cracker would only upset a white person because of the double standard, not because it's racially derogatory

It's why nothing sticks and the best insults are built upon lies (lack of spicy food, incest, etc.)

Unfortunately 3D requires less money to make, and Disney's recent 2D features didn't make quite the money (Last one was literally 8 years ago, and the one before that was 4 years before, there was a 4 year long hiatus).

Really is quite the shame.

>tell people to celebrate immigrants
>chastise them for enjoying their foods and culture.

If you guys ever need an executioner on the day of the rope I would gladly kill any liberal faggot that you put in front of me.

>Was this a lose-lose situation from day one?

Yes. I live here in Orlando. That all tey fucking talk about on the news. 3 times in 2 hours this morning, this was the message: Disney costume, PC mad, Racism.

I am a Disney Passholder, we go about 4--5 times a year and Disney has become so fucking PC it is sickening. However, "Injun" Joe boat still runs on Tom Sawyers Island. They have not PC'd that yet.

>3D requires less money to make
Why do fucking retards keep spouting this shit? No, 3D is way more expensive to produce than 2D and requires almost 10 times the equipment and employees working on it.
3D just proved itself to be more profitable. Nothing else, nothing more.

I think the bigger problem was the Googles, people still like 2D animation

Their animal movies do really well too.

That should teach them to only make movies about beautiful blonde aryan godesses

Triggered

jeans and ten gallon hats is cultural appropriation of white culture

It is at some point literally not worth listening to them. It is *actually* all just illogical, inferiority-complex-derived nonsense

>WHY ARENT YOU EMBRACING CULTURAL DIFFERENCES!?
>WHY ARE YOU APPROPRIATING OUR CULTURE!?

I wish i was a white cop in america sometimes

Underrated post

You can literally do 3D on any modern computer from the last 10 years or so without the use of paper or any labor besides mouse and keyboard

2D on the other hand requires the knowledge of drawing, lots of paper, sketching, and labor for just about every frame, it's not like 3D where all you really have to worry about is the shaders and something accidentally clipping through something else.

Yes, 3D was more expensive to produce back about 25 years ago, but back then, if you wanted to do actually alright looking 3D, you had to get a quarter of a million dollar SGI, now you can essentially make something that looks miles better on an old laptop you probably have lying around right now

Why is it that people with the least culture feel like their culture is being appropriated and stolen the most? Western culture has plenty of culture to spare, appropriate away, non europeans!

>We were going to put Olivia Wilde back in her latex suit for Tron 3, but we decided that making a movie about brown people that no one asked for was a better use of our time and money

Most people I've seen on FB, Twitter, news sites etc. are saying this is complete bullshit

They've even replicated the diabetes, heart disease, and obesity epidemic currently sweeping Polynesia.

Arthurian legend Disney movie when? They haven't done a movie targeted at boys.

>White girls shouldn't be able to buy the Moana doll either. Being able to manipulate a doll that's another race is racist.

Where does it end?

The Sword in the Stone

This. Plus have Daft Punk laying the tunes down for the movie again would nice and

You aren't lower to use the word 'wrong' any more, it sounds too like 'wong' . And that's not ok

Don't even joke about that! You wouldn't want to normalize the nobility now would you?

That was kinda shit though.

Yeah. I don't think anyone will ever beat Excalibur anyway.

That's fine. Non-white kids can't be Superman for halloween anymore

They also did the black cauldron which was loosely based on welsh mythology (from The Chronicles of Prydain).

They ended up censoring the fuck out of it though and then seemed to run out of time and money. It was not a polished disney release.

I'm strangely ok with this. Whites who partake in stone age cultures are cringey and self-hating.

Is there any good animated Arthur films though?

It's only a matter of time before SJWs protest Hulk costumes because it is cultural appropriation from gamma irradiated Americans.

Social Justice is the new Puritanism. No one anywhere should ever have fun.

You first paragraph alone proves how much of a fucking retard you are.
No, you cant do 3D that is up to current standards on any computer. You need very advanced gear. All the shit you need for modelling, texturing, rigging, mo-cap, lighting, sub-systems, etc.
Some things are so complex they taoe years to produce. Like the Chicks Hair from Brave had her own physics system created for her which took two years of development.
Thats not to the mention the fucking COMPUTER FARMS needed to render the movie out which can cost up to the millions just for them.
Just stop already. You dont know anything

Here is the deleted (unfinished) skeleton scene, complete with flesh melting off the bodies of the victims.

youtube.com/watch?v=M8zQHO40Cys

It could have just as easily been a scene out of "Heavy Metal". Probably the most controversial thing disney ever animated (excluding jessica Rabbit lewds and things individual animators snuck in). Someone actually drew the flesh melting storyboards and some key frames.

I don't believe there are any.

In utah there was a local bar i used to go to and they had a pretty loose dress code and some ocean niggers came at closing time and then they brought the news and now the bar is known as the racist bar. Because tevita and pupunu want to take there whole family to the bar.

Jeremy is such a good dude and they hung him out to dry.

do sjws really consider this progressive? they made her fatter and uglier than any of their white Anime-rip offs
and what's with the obese subhuman beside her?

Whoops i meant to write they said to the coconuts that they cant come in and made it a media field day.

Have you seen a Catrina Girl, Anons?

Actrually finnish news paper found out that native sami people from lapland are really angry about frozen.

why? it's a cartoon set in Norway

>isney would cut it out with that 3D shit.
>The princess and the frog was a financial stumble for Disney and it convinced them audiences didn't want 2D animation anymore.
>They didn't stop and think for one second that their choice of princess was a factor in that failure, and not because "no one lik

It was wrong of Disney to appropriate white technology, i.e. motion pictures (particularly cartoons), to feature a beautiful nubian princess. It should have been carved on a cow's ass and led from ghetto to ghetto. Fucking Disney racists.

Well it certainly means Disney will reconsider making diverse movies.

Also, I want any minority females to turn in their frozen costumes.

You don't know what you're talking about

Yeah? SJWs will always find something to be offended by. They're impossible to please.

2D still requires much more labor though

>Also, I want any minority females to turn in their frozen costumes.

huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/26/elsa-racist-comments_n_7665666.html

>The best part about the Disney blockbuster “Frozen” is its universal message — to be yourself.

>But when 3-year-old Samara Muir, an Aboriginal girl from outside Melbourne, Australia, dressed up as the movie’s Queen Elsa for a Disney-themed children’s event at a shopping center last month, she was met with hateful, racist remarks from a bystander and her two daughters, The Courier reported.

>Samara’s mother, Rachel Muir, shared the upsetting incident on her Facebook page, writing, “A mother and her two daughters told my daughter [they didn’t] know why [she] dressed up [as] Anna and Elsa aren’t black and that black is ugly ... Racism is alive and well in the next generation.”

When a brown girl wore an Elsa costume she was celebrated for her bravery and became an internet hero for the left. People who complained were branded racists.

When the opposite happens it is considered culutral appropriation and racism.

Fuck ((disney)). Walt is rolling in his grave.

Can't help but notice you replied to him but not to
which thoroughly told you how much of an imbecile you are.

Wow they'd better get rid of Jasmine costumes.
And Aladdin.
And that Princess and the Frog shit.
And Pocahantas.
And that chick from Brave; how many of them are actually Scottish?
And Elsa costumes, too. None of them come from whatever magical kingdom she's from.
Also Pinnochio costumes, because they're not puppets.

This is just fucking obnoxious. Kids just aren't allowed to have any fucking fun anymore.

Not him but I could rip a dumb model out of SFM, render it through Renderman after setting up the appropriate materials and everything in Maya and have the shitty game model look better than 25 yo cgi in about 2 hours on one of my laptops, which is the point he was making. (Longer if I need to sculpt the shit first of course)

He didn't say such small escapades would compete with modern day leading studio tech you smug imbecile.

>thing-that-never-happened.jpg

What is western character design so hideous? I say this as an artist, the western style hasn't evolved since the late 80's. It "all Glen Keene, all the time." Disgusting.

When are people going to just say enough, and stop pandering these fucking crybabies? I heard of fantasy authors who've had rewrite their work because of criticism from SJWs

heatst.com/culture-wars/harry-potter-fans-mad-at-jk-rowling-for-expropriating-native-american-mythology/

The guy's face looks like Thunder when he exploded at the end of 'Big Trouble in Little China.'

>SJWs are angry over events that never happened and never will, and aren't even possible to have happened
>They are angry at some one who is practically an SJW herself
SJWs are going to destroy themselves over this shit eventually

Fuck Disney and fuck white people.

>blue eyes
>blond hair

That's genetic appropriation.

why dont they have ankles?

>It "all Glen Keene, all the time."

Could be worse. Could have been non-stop Don Bleuth.

>described herself as Polynesian and a native Hawaiian

so she's a muh 1/64th cunt bag who goes out of her way to get offended

fuck her with an hot iron

Cave into a lefty just once, and you are OWNED forever. Serves the kikes at Disney right!

they are getting brainwashed because they notice their skin is tanner than white people.

Legitimately had a chuckle.

aloha

>who described herself
Suuuure

He's good at arab face

>set in Nordic lands
>wants princess to be black
Fuck them.
Most real Africans will never see snow in their lives.

That's some manlet arms he has

It's a product for kids, why ruin their fun because some sjw 20's year old bitch is triggered by it? My half Vietnamese gf (of a darker tone) said she always wanted to be white because most characters on tv were white and she thought they were pretty, now we've got actual diversity and something for children of Hawaiian (or similar) descent and adults ruin it because "oh my god if a white kid wears it he's trivializing an entire culture." The whole things fucked and antiproductive.

you forgot the meth pipes

joke's on you the bottom picture is sexier

People who get mad at cultural appropriation are brain dead.
Often they're angry because everything white people do makes them feel inferior.
Even when white people take up their fashion/musical tastes/ethnic food, we end up making it better (chain restaurants not withstanding).

some post the loss version please

Why are they even making this movie?

We already had Lilo and Stitch.

Why? Norwegian Sami like it.

>obese
It's obvious from looking at him, that he has a massive bone structure.
Which some pacific islanders do have a substantially larger bone structure.
And of course, in animation, we tend to exaggerate defining features.

>It was wrong to sell a costume that allowed children to pretend to be another race
Wow, I'm trans-racial you fucking bigot, and you just horribly offended me!

Seriously though, why do liberals do both of these as well as believing it's okay for non-whites to appropriate white culture?

Moana looks fat? She looks like a Polynesian version of Rapunzel, maybe slightly larger but it could be chalked up as just a little more realistic looking.

I was hoping people wouldn't complain too much about this movie, because it looks pretty good all things considered for a Disney Princess movie.

The fuck are you talking about? 3D is much cheaper than 2D when you already have invested in it. Shit disney has full blown render farms and you'd think they'd stop? 3D has more reusable assets and is easier to edit than 2D. Get this /ic/ shit out of here.

Okay. So people can wear Snow White costumes and Cinderella costumes, while wearing this costume makes you a racist?

There's no doubt Disney executives thought having a black princess would see a decline in revenue. But sometimes you have to make your public image look good, and blacks at the time were getting uppity about all the multi-cultural princesses (Native American, Chinese, Gypsy, Greek if you consider Meg non-white) with no black princess to call their own.

that costume looks dope as hell. Would totally buy for my kid.

Oh america.

>Racism is alive and well

I hate that smug fucking statement and anyone who says it. Of course it fucking is, because you fucking niggers and liberals won't shut the fuck up about it. When it wasn't the lead story on every fucking news outlet, people generally got along pretty well. Obama fucked this country raw.

t. Black guy

>muh freedumb of speech
>any single-digit iq google can cause millions in economy damages by opening its stinking trap and receive a kfc bucket for its trouble afterward
pick two and only two

An average "modern" computer can't even model shit, let alone render it you fucking idiot. Shit a 4790k is pretty outdated in terms of hardware when it comes to high end 3D.

3D is cheaper when you have a shitload of money and extended plans to make several films but lets not pretend that any person with the latest laptop from bestbuy can run anything more than the basics of Maya or Max

O and Arab for Jasmine, though she wasn't the sole focus of the movie and for the most part was just a damsel for Aladdin to save.

That shit never happened.

>Europeanish setting
>ambiguous 1700s era
>blacks
Nope

does anyone have the screen cap of the guy explaining nobody knows how to do traditional animation anymore

They should have made her a real 'African Quane'.
The wife of one of the major African tribal Kings that sold millions of others from enemy tribes into slavery.
Then the enemy should be the 'evil white British' trying to shut down the slave trade.
She could work tirelessly to smuggle slaves to traders under the nose of the British trying to stop them.

dont fuckin remind me, dude. they did some dumb tomorrowland trash that bombed, and I think it took tron with it.

She could be child wife #6.

She's got cankles.

that's a top tier reference

Seconded

Yes. It always is. Never give in to these lunatics. They're insane and will never be satisfied.

>massed blackface protests

If we had one of these they could no longer single people out and racially microtarget an individual to ruin his life.

Niggaz would be scared shitless. I am so sick and tired of seeing these aggrieved blacks protest violently and the media giving them a green pass because they was oppressed

Because traditional animation schools that teach the way they did in the 50s don't exist anymore. Animation schools nowadays teach you 3D as well as 2D. With the 2D however, you're typically using a tablet or cintiq now which is much more forgiving than typical old school cel animation that was done with pencil.

Old school disney animation was hell though. Often times the animators would spend their 6 weeks working on a single scene only to be told that they wanted to have something redone at a slightly different angle for cinematographer purposes.

Are you literally a retard?

t. someone who's been doing 3D for the past 20 years

I think non-whites should stop using internet. It's cultural appropriation after all. They should stop speaking English as well. Fucking racists.

You can appropriate culture as long as it's not native or tribal and it doesn't upset libtards.

to be fair, the movie did have some neat songs and the main character didn't just scream "Fuck whitey" the whole movie.

I'm not sure senpai, you're the one who's claiming a piece of shit laptop from bestbuy can run the necessary software for 3D animation.
>t. someone who went to Sheridan and has also been doing 3D

Because that's what Maori look like and they were trying not to white wash the bitch too bad.

Glad to see the guy who sang that Over the Rainbow song made it into a Disney movie.

Disney visitted lapland and did some research work and sami people feel ripped of because they were not allowed to participate or something.

iltalehti.fi/viihde/2016092322362675_vi.shtml

It's because they thought it was a documentary, right? And they thought their reindeer monopoly was being threatened, right?

how do you participate in a fucking cartoon anyway

To be honest it did, I saw Cred Forums mocking Moana for being fat.

Oh fuck I get it. it's because the character is so beautiful and full bodied in the movie, and the costume is disgustingly fit and muscular.

So ignant

that's fucking great lol

"If you're not Polynesian you can't wear this."

How are we considered racists? Isn't this the literal definition?

They would have wanted to have say in what is in the movie apparently. I guess they dont understand concept of R&D and source of inspiration.

>can dress up as a ninja
>can dress up as a cowboy
>can't dress up as an islander

movie had great soundtrack and the last great disney villian.

shit shoulda been more popular but i guess googles aren't profitable

I demand that President Barack Obama stops wearing suits! It's an appropriation of white culture.

You can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

Nice ad for Disney costumes btw.
Just in time for Halloween!

you samoans are all the same, no faith in the essential decency of the white man's culture

Ninja is cultural appropriation as well.
The Japs just don't give a fuck because they have real life shit to think about and function brains to do it with.

That's good. Disney is a major part of the problem, so seeing them get eaten by their own is pretty satisfying

Cred Forums hates vr so it's gonna fail spectacularly.

*change the world

given Cred Forumss track record

but no really it is shit and not like what anyone was hoping for

>anime ripoffs
You realize that anime has been ripping off Disney's studio style since the very start, right?

You guys are getting into WE WUZ KANGZ territory. Fuckign weebs I swear...

And now Disney is ripping off anime. The tables have turned.

But the kids aren't pretending to be a race, they're pretending to be a character they like in an animated film.
What if that Chelsie woman's kid told her he wanted to be Captain America for Halloween? Would she say no because that means her kid will be pretending to be white??

>get eaten by their own

It's not "their own" though. Disney's only goal is making as much money as possible.

they forgot the blue eyes and the hair

Fine. No more Googles dressing up as princesses then or Darth Vader.

Exactly. But tumblr idiots (where this was posted) take the race bait so easily and will throw white fans and white characters under the bus for pretty much anything.

Even though Moana looks like a decent movie, I hope it doesn't do very well. Disney and these companies need to learn to stop giving into these hostile fans that make up a vocal minority, don't even support the products made for them, and are more likely to lash out more when you try.

If their races are so relevant then why can't they write their own stories, rather than ask/demand to be included by white authors?

Movie was utter shit.

Guess they didn't want to waste their good scripts on a black princess.

Holy fucking shit, you are painfully retarded.

No, Disney is sticking with the style that they've always used. They are under no obligation to change just because a bunch of nips started ripping off and bastardizing their art style.

If Disney was ripping off modern anime all of their characters would only have a little black dot for a nose, because anime has practically become an unwitting parody of itself.

Everything is a lose-lose situation where non-whites are concerned. Whites built the world (not including the parts built entirely from cotton apparently) and non-whites try to destroy it, they're the yin to our yang. The only non-whites who are the exception are Asians, they're quite comfortable to be left alone and leave other people alone, which is the same as what we want, but at the minute we only have one side of that deal.

>And now Disney is ripping off anime.
How? Is the whole "Lion king is Kimba the White lion" thing still relevant?

>described herself as a native hawaiian
The movie doesn't take place in Hawaii, Lilo.

>it's cultural appropriation
>speaking English

Disney pushes liberal shit all the time now, anyways. They got what was coming to them.

Filipinos just love culturally appropriating Polynesians.

I predict Polynesian and Hawaiian culture is going to be very popular this holiday season because of Moana. And Pokemon Sun and Moon is coming out too, its set in the Aloloa regiion- a Hawaiian inspired region.

I expect the Polynesian cultural appropriation to get a lot worse this holiday season.

Should post the real version my man.

I fucking gloat knowing that Disney's white princesses are far more popular than all their other princesses by several magnitutes

Film looks great. I'll watch anything with The Rock in it.

Great...
Expecting a google to control snow is like expecting him to finish school.

>This might have ensured that the next decade of movies are all white

As a brown guy, I always bring up the fact that non white kids can dress as Thor or Elsa if they want to.

I heartily agree. They're so fucking ugly, stupid, and rude.

>six years old girl says that she is a boy and wears boys clothes

>OMG SO BRAVE END BIGOTRY NOW SHE IS TOTALLY A BOY SO INSPIRING

>six year old girl wears traditional samoan attire

>OMG SO RACIST THAT CULTURAL APPROPRIATION HOW DARE YOU ITS DISCUSSTING !!!

fuck this gay earth

>Lion King
>Tarzan
>Jungle Book

You get the idea.

Walt would be turning in his grave.

stop culturally appropriating your western lifestyle brazil

When will people learn that pandering to SJWs does you no good? They'll never be satisfied. No matter what you do, they'll be offended.

You're the only retarded here, friendo

They'd still look good up above her shoulders.

Honestly, this seems pretty fucking stupid. That's not a costume at all, they're using his entire fucking body. If you sold the grass skirt and lei separately I'd understand, but the tattoos on his skin aren't some commodity - that's cultural.

Some good news for them:

Forzen director and the Disney company recently made visit to Karasjok and the Sami parliament for inspiration for a new movie. They are also visiting the Swedish and Finnish Sami parliaments.

>No, Disney is sticking with the style they've always used.
The 2D versions of Elsa, and Anna have significantly bigger eyes than, say, Aurora, or even Belle. Look up "Disney's Star Darlings", their latest attempt at muh diversity, muh vagina, and muh vagina in S.T.E.M. fields. Notice how fucking huge their eyes are, how small their noses are, and how color coded they are? Typical magical girl anime tropes.
As Cartoon Network gets filled with more weebs (anime reference in Gumball, for example), kids get exposed to anime, and like it. Now Disney has to copy it, too.

Side note, has anyone noticed that girls' shows and toys have gotten more glittery over the years?
Look up evolution of Strawberry Shortcake. What's up with that?

Mmmmmm her adress is the same is mine. Please send me racist costumes to lithuania I will re sell then on market, economy really fucked up since joining the euro thank you good bless sir.

it was a really good movie with nice animation, songs, and plot but i know a ton of people that didn't bother watching because the googles got uppity because she was a frog for a while and not a nog in a bog

Tbqh, next time I hear of something being recalled for being offensive, I'm buying it so I can sell it decades later.

Disney's characters have been getting bigger eyes over the years for the same reason that girl's toys have been adding more glitter: it sells. That's the same reason anime characters now look like gray aliens. Disney is not reacting to anime, they are reacting to universal market shifts which are also affecting Japan. The world doesn't revolve around Japan.

If I were him I would have kicked her out a mile away from her destination, so that she'd have to spend another 4.75 for a lyft.

This might be what you are looking for

>Unfortunately 3D requires less money to make

Should clarify as anything he's done recently. His older shit... not as good. He's always had a lot of charisma and great screen presence, but he needed to work on how he conveyed drama in a believable way. He's doing that now, and he's finally taken up the Blockbuster Action-Star role that he's been essentially training for.

Oh gee I wonder why no one saw it
I also wonder why black dolls don't sell as much as white dolls

>>Chelsie Haunani Fairchild, who described herself as Polynesian and a native Hawaiian, said the costume was an example of cultural appropriation. It was wrong to sell a costume that allowed children to pretend to be another race, she said.
>It was wrong to sell a costume that allowed children to pretend to be another race

You know what's even worse? There's no evidence Disney made Moana because they were pandering to blacks. SJWs maybe, but they've been making films about culturally different people for years just because they wanted to, and they've been great. The worst in recent years has been a jump from 2D to 3D (Brave) and the only movie they've blatantly pandered to a racial group (Princess and the Frog). Pacific Islanders that this movie is explicitly influenced by are just hoping on the bandwagon of that anything in the media portraying their culture is instantly negative. It's a shame.

What is this feeling of NEED for "representation" anyway? You can't like the character, you have to identify with something as shallow as how they look?

>2-3 years of education led to that

Eat shit, Don Bleuth is GOAT character design

KANGKLES

>Eat shit, Don Bleuth is GOAT character design

Are you a furry by any chance? Countless modern furry artists seem to still cling to his archetype for the dog/wolf/fox male characters.

of all the stories that didnt happen, this one didnt happen the most

>that is racist
>pic related wont even get mentioned

>learning their language
To
>building over their graveyards
Is kind of a big leap

Ahhhhh! You can't culturally appropriate my character but we can make your "generic" looking white bitch (actually pretty distinctive character) a darkie.

This shouldn't have pissed me off so much.

I'm stealing that line

What the fuck is wrong with his face? He looks like he has the downs

don't you mean: THE CLOWNS?!

>its ok for children to pretend to be another gender, but not race

I've upgraded this one a bit

Their culture is literally tattoos, violence and ficki ficki.

Also, what's a nigger? I thought they were googles?

hey dumb shit. I am a 3D animator for films here in LA and get over $120,000k a year for this "easy job" and I am only 28. When I was hired by my last studio they gave me a relocation bonus of $20,000 just to move to the area, flight tickets, food money, rental car, hotel stay till I got a new place, movers to ship my house stuff. They have lots of garbage easy 3D animation jobs, games are easy as well, but Dreamworks, Disney, Pixar, Sony, etc not everyone can do what we do at the level and speed needed 5 days a week (6 on crunch time before the movie deadline which is often 2-3 months a year) which is why we get paid so much. On top of all that those studios give us a bonus yearly of around $8000-10,000 if the movie breaks a set amount, which we do all the time.

Feel free to apply if you feel up to it, because they love throwing this kind of cash at easy work any basement boy with Maya can do. Its not the same process as 2D, but most of us 2D draft our work before going to 3D . I find it harder to work in 3D because if you draw in 2D you can trick the eye and do what looks best as an illustration frame, but in 3D we have a model and cameras that change so its a lot harder to make it as pleasing to the eye.

Holy shit I forgot about that movie completely.

Thanks user, I don't have a girlfriend to expend friday night with, but this movie should do the trick.

Race is just a social construct. I identify as a black lesbian, check your privilege xiritch

Oh well, Disney tried.

After this movie fails spectacularly they can refocus on marketing towards the white middle class. You know, the only demographic that actually spends money on Disney products and vacations.

asshurt hohol detected

>Big eyes
>Lil' nose
>Small head
>loli body type
No user, they aren't ripping off anime style...>implying

Reasonably accurate, for a cartoon.

Leaf it to a fucking worthless Canadian to hate Don Bleuth. Fuck off fagmo.

I'd love to see a 'generic' wide nosed barely literate google princess. Bring on these generic princesses

Those concepts have been in animation for eternety you inbred shitbag

>first world problems

ding ding ding, it's almost like the left are the real racists.

There is literally no pleasing them.

Lovin' that meme dude! Cheers

>Wah, she looks too European!
Show me one white girl with a nose like that.

The nose, lips, and eyes are different wtf

>Take a fucking bow and go fuck yourself
They sure are angry over a Disney movie.

actually they'd both be fat fucks. Pacific islanders are the fattest people on earth.

I actually think the Maori story and Hawaiian lore and history (Mauna Kea/Mauna Loa, story of Pele, King Kamehameha marching enemy soldiers off a cliff) are pretty damn interesting.

even my 30 minutes sketches look better than that shit

Next to middle easterners.

If I see a little black girl in a princess dress I'm just going to punch her so hard in the face that it breaks her neck.
That'll show her what happens to people pretending to be another race.

WE WUZ ROYALTY

their rep said that disney was shit to work with so they won't be returning for an eventual next movie :(

ngugg
ekerl
w"Rfa
'Sfa

>button nose
>tiny mouth
?

>"culturally appropriate"
Or as we call it in the real world: assimilation

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montserrat

>what is artstyle

>It was wrong to sell a costume that allowed children to pretend to be another race, she said.

This is true though.

She is and always will be an island google. Don't let her pretend otherwise.

:^)

>It was wrong to sell a costume that allowed children to pretend to be another race, she said.
Oh, so it's fucking nothing.

Most people can't actually perceive reality very well; they can only see simplistic symbols.

Stupid ape, she should stop using everything made by White folk if that's her attitude. No more martial arts for non-asians, no more pizzas for non-Italians.

IMITATION IS THE SINCEREST FORM OF FLATTERY
stupid sjw cunts