MINIMUM WAGE SHOULD BE A LIVING WAGE

Wow Cred Forums btfo

It likely costs me more a day to live than you...what now?

At least try to make your bait thread good

Sage

I laughed at my local paper's headline last night.

>Local government has raised minimum wage to fifteen dollars
>No employee's salary increased

if it said $11 id be fine with it. greed is gonna cost these uambitious cunts their little summer jobs

Are they using fucking Easy e as a silhouette?

why does that person have a dog's head
weird as fuck

Its too bad the gubment wants to make it illegal for low skilled workers to negotiate their wages.

>your work is worth a certain amount of money (less than $15)
>HURRRRRR I WANT $15
Americans are a fucking joke, no wonder your country is going down the shitter.

No, negative income tax instead.

B-but muh capitalism! B-buh the entrepreneur knows where the equilibrium of the labour market is! He works always for the good of his workers! ALWAYS YOU COMMIE SWINE!!!11

No one will work for 15$/hr when you can make more with a lower wage and welfare.

A 15$/hr wage pushes you just above the maximum income to collect most forms of welfare.

The only salary worth making without the assistance of welfare starts at around 60k (college educated in a stressful and demanding field).

Everyone beneath that marker is going to make the wiser choice which is make less and utilize welfare as a means of compensation.

Come to think of it, I make 15 an hour.

After paying my phone bill, rent, electric, internet and covering food, gas and living expenses I can only squirrel away 400$ each paycheck to my savings.

I could afford more creature comfort if I spent that 400 instead of saving it but more or less I think I live the same as the people making 10 at the minimum wage. Except I don't get fucking food stamps.

Why is 15 the magic number?

What organs do you have that I don't?

Because you don't get food stamps. It puts the burden back on the employer. However there's no matching call to defund welfare, despite it causing various states to run up hundreds of billions of dollars worth of debt.

So wouldn't it be advantageous for the govt to push for 15/hr?

I can't keep up, does the govt want business to fail and people to be on welfare, or business to fail and people be OFF welfare, are they trying to set the bar for entry into minimum wage positions so high that we have no choice but welfare and businesses succeed off automated labor?

From where I'm sitting, if everyone made what I made (aside from my money being worth less, but that's another conversation) people would still bitch, people are just plain bad with money. Giving minimum wage workers an extra 5 an hour gives them extra money to buy weed with.

Nobody looks beyond the minimum wage job they have, I don't plan to be 15 an hour forever, but fucking people can't imagine a world where they don't come home reeking of fry oil.

I can't look beyond it because I'm not good at anything

my hands and my back are all I've got going for me

Minimum wage in my state is 8.20. I WISH I could hit dbl digits of any kind.

No it shouldn't

Commies BTFO

Try not being a loser that has the same societal worth as nogs, felons and illegal immigrants.

In md it'll be 10 something next year
Git Gud

Minimum wage people will always be just that, the absolute minimum. Make minimum wage 50 an hour, it doesn't matter, there isn't anyone but you who is responsible for your well being, if you're minimum now and making zero strides towards changing that, you'll be minimum forever.

> it's not that easy
Nothing is easy, git gud

11 or 12 maybe, but fuck no to 15. 15 would only work in some states and cities, but nationally would just fuck shit up for many states.

Fine with me. Just make sure to double my salary too.

It is a living wage though.

Stop wasting it on liqueur, cigarettes, fried chicken, and watermelon.

No sources, garbage topic, enjoy the ban.