Nearly 1/4 of Young American Males are Useless NEETs, Video games to blame

>As of last year, 22 percent of men between the ages of 21 and 30 with less than a bachelor’s degree reported not working at all in the previous year — up from only 9.5 percent in 2000. Overall, only 88 percent of men between the ages of 25 and 54 are working or looking for work, the third-lowest among 34 developed countries, according to the White House’s Council of Economic Advisers.

>Alan Krueger, a former chairman of President Obama’s Council of Economic Advisers, said the research presents “strong evidence that the increase in the number of less-educated young men who are not working is not entirely a result of weak demand for their services.” He added, “They find evidence that a portion ... of the decrease in work time of less-educated young men can be a result of the appeal of video games.”

washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2016/09/23/why-amazing-video-games-could-be-causing-a-big-problem-for-america/

>tfw I'd rather be a neet than a filthy google.

Shit with sprinkles is still shit

This is the problem with "academic" types who spend all day staring at statistics, and no time actually learning about how the world works.

People play video games because that is a rational calculation about how to get the most enjoyment out of their lot in life. People play video games because they are more satisfying and less stressful than being ground up in the gears of a society that throws you away, blames you for everyone elses problems, and has zero respect for your ideals or values.

Fuck these people. They know they are at fault for our society's weakness due to their policy failures, and they know the public has no power, so they blame us anyway to relieve the tension of knowing their peers in leadership positions have destroyed society.

>kosher tax on all of our food products has nothing to do with it.

>Complain about people pointing fingers
>Points fingers

>w-why don't men get the remaining low-paying service industry jobs that werent given to Pajeets and Pacos when the alternative (not working) is more humane and dignified than wagecuck drudgery?? I know, must be vidya games!

Thank god i'm NEET and not some retarded wagecuck who has to get up every morning so some Jew can get richer.

>videogames turn people into murderers
>videogames turn people into misogynists
>videogames turn people into NEETs
what can't videogames do?

Make me happy...

please women

kinda surprised it isn't more

what happens when you prioritize/discriminate with affirmative action and so called diversity quotas

bring in military conscription, and stop cucking the army with this sjw bullshit

Incorrect

I'm not surprised. Suicide rates are spiking in the same demographic as well. Most males I know my age (22-25) feel like they have absolutely no value besides being a pair of hands.

this is fucking retarded, men dont stop working because of video games. they give out jobs like candy to anybody who isn't a straight white male and there less jobs and more people being born every year. this is the future these idiots chose.

Yep, it's totally video games' fault!

Nevermind our countries' fucked up economies and morals.

>2 years of scooping experience
what the flying fuck? how is this not a skill you can pick up in at most two weeks on of the job training?

Check your scooping privilege.

Yeah, it's totally video games and not feminism and modern day women's rights making any kind of monogamous relationship or even decent life with a woman even semi possible

resume to work some brain dead job at an ice cream place huh

Are you on welfare?

>Resume
What the fuck do you need a resume for? Is this a managerial job or am I scooping for minimum wage?

Well you see you have to know the tourque strength when scooping, too much and you destroy your tools, too little and no ice cream. Also there is a science behind what kind of tools you need in order to scoop right. Scooping requires at least 240 hours of scooping history and ethics.

I can't wait for this resume meme to end already

>vidya is to blame
>not the dying economy and societal decadence

That is what happens when you cut manufacturing out of your economy. Men don't have things to build anymore because """""it costs too much""""

This user gets it. Why would the masses want to work under corporate kingdoms to be serfs to their glorious CEO god heads that treat them like shit with little pay, whilst the CEO masters live like gods amongst men.

Why would someone want to be cattle to the slaughter or milked for nothing and thrown away and forgotten at the end of the day, just to be easily replaced, like a broken cog.

I'm not some Tumbler Left-Wing fuck, but I don't really care to be viewed simply as a number and how much that number can be squeezed out for "ANOTHER'S" profits or production.

I'm a wage-cuck whom struggles and is working on college atm.

Yea, it's not economic disparity, the requisite to have credit cards to make a big purchase, or the need put yourself in massive debt just to receive an education for a degree you can't use because your sector is SUPER-SATURATED WITH FOREIGNERS AND ILLEGALS. It's not that at all.

It must be those darn kids fiddling around with they GAJAMEY BOYS AND THOSE ATARI TWENTY-NINE HUNNEDS.

GOD DAMN HOW FUCKING DENSE CAN THEY BE?

If they want men to stop playing video games and start families then get them good paying jobs and this problem goes away.

>
>90051571
Jesus.

Climate change can do all that and more.

>tfw your dad actually 360noscooped himself but people still say it takes no skill to operate a scoop :(

Pretty much this man. Everywhere I have worked my employer has looked at their employees as batteries, to be expended and replaced.

You are just fucking lazy. I went to a tech school for 6 months got a job at 35/hour 50/hour work weeks 10 OT. Almost 2 grand a week before taxes. I didn't have to pay for school. State grant paid for it.

Politicians are not working class.

Because it's a soothing lie that NEETs and aspiring NEETs tell themselves to ease the pain.

The world isn't black and white with Jewish CEOs and exploited workers on the other side.
Get a job in a normal middle-class business. Or start a business yourself. There'll always be people who make more than you, that doesn't mean that they're exploiting you or just stuffing their pockets.

Being a NEET is better the lowest 10% of workers (if you have no dignity) but you're still in the bottom 20% of all people.

I agree though as far as the general state of the world encourages escapism.