Here's a Belgium building that was ruined by an Iraqi-born muslim architect who was based in London

Here's a Belgium building that was ruined by an Iraqi-born muslim architect who was based in London.

A pretty apt metaphor for muslims ruining Europe.

Other urls found in this thread:

zaha-hadid.com/archive/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunsthaus_Graz
lowtechmagazine.com/2012/03/solar-oriented-cities-1-the-solar-envelope.html
youtube.com/watch?v=SZfK6vwlXDg&list=PLoSGOvY398t_4LcWox_R02cCm0mi8EOyg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wtf, I hate waffles now

What the actual fuck?

This is now a European architecture thread. Let's admire great and creative churches/buildings in mother Evropa

This is my problem with architects.

Anybody with a pen and paper could draw shit like that and with a huge 'you're a muslim, here's money' budget anybody could easily find some engineers to work out how the fuck to make it structurally sound.

She's not a revolutionary, she's just a shit artist who had too much money given to her. It looks wank. Literally just a stupid shape on top of a building.

zaha hadid is probably the most renowned architect ever.

Both they themselves and their whole culture are dedicated to ugliness.

>contemporary art

looks like a giant meth crystal.

Here's her portfolio. They're all just the same generic 'futuristic' design.

zaha-hadid.com/archive/

Church on Spilled Blood. I love that place.

what the fuck

That should be illegal.

CAN'T STUMP THE TRUMP

Who is Norman Foster?

She's only renowned because she's a Muslim and everybody puts money in her pocket instead of being objective.

all part of the plan...

Literal rape.

This.
It wasn't her choice but that of Jews involved in the museum.

By all means pick on the one woman on planet earth with any talent.
You must be a jew.

Jesus, modern European architecture is absolute shit. Wtf happened?

Great politics post.

Fuck all of you

> great
> creative

Posts Muslim spires. Keep it cucked, Swebro.

>tanned german

Holy shit she literally ruined it. Looking at her portfolio I wouldn't let her smut anywhere near Europe.

fuck off faggot

Someone please hold me Cred Forums I can't take this hellhole anymore.

>t. a muslim, no doubt

This is real? Like actually fucking real.

Goddammit. This is fucking terrible.

Didn't know buildings have nationalities now. So, is the building white? Looks brown to me.

Architecture is politics you goddamn poopadermis.

fucking idiot pol tards, you do realize it was not her choice to actually build it???

proof this place has been overrun by 12yo fags.

Those are the spires on a russian building.

Come home friend, come home.

That's an orthodox church you fucking mixbreed.
Go pray to your nigger that is commander in cheif.

This is probably her worst building though. Her other building are good they just clash way too alongside other buildings. At least she's talented and has her own style in comparison to many architects nowadays.

This building tho looks like shit and I wouldn't be surprised if the owner told her to make it as ugly as possible to shit on belgium

Everything will be fine man, we'll fix it. I assure you we'll fix it.

Meh. Not as bad as the shit as we allowed in the 50s-70s.
If i'm ever a billionaire, I will dig up every brutalist architect and have their bodies pissed and shat upon for a century.

>if it doesn't look like a hitler fortress or the hall of justice Cred Forums doesn't like it

I like the design, an old, traditional building with a giant futuristic addition tacked on. reminds us of what the actual future looks like, new things built on old infrastructure.

beat this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunsthaus_Graz

So what happened in that anime? Did she get raped moments later?

Its ok Belgium. I like your waffles and you look(ed) nice.

>Sandnigger are talented
>See flag, yupp checks out.
How does it feel to have a muslim president mixbreed?

Oh that's easy: the remit went out "Make everywhere look like everywhere else. Here, have lots of money, we have it all."

It's part of Globalism. It's like some sort of manifestation of how anti-human it is.

Brutalism could be waved away with "we don't have any fucking money any more". This shit is what happens when you have all of the money and an agenda of erasing the past, like the Taliban blowing up those big statues.

>A pretty apt metaphor for muslims ruining Europe.

Except the new building, while aesthetically stupid looking and unnecessary, doesn't completely destroy the original building or rape any of its occupants.

Thankfully she isn't, and will mostly fade into obscurity now she is dead. Most of her buildings were horrible, she was a one trick pony, and it wasn't a very good trick.

This is pretty much true for all of modern architecture and postmodern "art". I don't think her being Muslim has anything to do with it.

We have several of those, Sven.

>Flag

Giant worm lmao

It may seem like that. But as soon as that one spire gets some cracks... Well you can see where this is going.

Pretty bad but I'd rather have a muslim in the white house far away from me than a muslim in my house fucking my wife Sven.

:^(

someone call the cops

Belgum stole the T-Mobile Center

Doesn't ruin the old building at all desu

>NOT IF WE BLOW IT UP FIRST!

Never even heard of her. But heard of Liebkind, Foster, Corbusier etc

I often pass by there, it's pretty cool imo

That's in Rotterdam and it looks awesome.

uh pic related looks 1000 times better than OP's. Looks like a halo 2 map.

The built environment reflects and shapes society. A cohesive urban fabric and identity is necessary for a strong society and high quality of life.

Look at Asian cities that rapidly grew. They're nothing more than disparate glass towers with no sense of place.

My father and younger brother work for the harbor of Antwerp and were recently moved to an office in this building.
Not only does it look like shit, it literally is shit.
For example there is only one elevator and no stairs. In the first week the elevator stops working and the only way down is using the emergency exit stairs. Wich you can only access from inside at the top. Meaning they could go down, but not back up. Because the door on the ground level can't be opened from outside.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

God, I hate postmodern "art".

Cred Forums was never meant to be a politics board

it's a board to house the anti-semetic/racist people that dispersed throughout Cred Forums after /new/ was deleted

this is fine

MAHMUD HERE DOAN KNOW BOUT
VITRUVIUS
>VITRUVIUS
VITRUVIUS
>VITRUVIUS
You'll cowards don't even build arcades.

Is it supposed to look like a stilleto/high heeled shoe stepping over a cultural heritage building?

the addition is not that good but it's certainly better than the original "wasteland box" design

fite me faggots

No doubt she is heavily influenced by Corbusier

It should be illegal to do anything but renovate the interior of buildings over 100 years old, and even then you shouldn't renovate to make them too modern, just bring things into the 21st century.

Fuck the majority of modern architecture. There's nothing aesthetic about most of it.

But....why though?

Frank Lloyd wright?

Sometimes the juxtaposition of modern and old works really well in architecture

Holy shit mate stop cucking yourself!

>Graz

nothing of value was lost.

Sandgoogle designs a Jawa sandcrawler. How original.

>muh traditional architecture

half of these old buildings getting modern additions don't even look that good to begin with. you just have a hate-fetish for old "white" things being remodeled.

Also, it's Belgian.

>implying parametricism isn't the future of architecture

bump

Looks like a giant tumor

She just keeping the Sand Nigger theme goin m8

Uhm
That actually looks cool as fuck.
Combining old architecture with new is the best thing ever.
And i really really dislike those turn of the last century, monstrous massive monotone middleclass buildings.

The round column really isn't used effectively anymore

This is when Apple buys out Greece

Oh fuck soda just went out my nose.

Fuck you Hungry.

Some top tier bantz you got there.

That looks terrible
Like a disease spreading across the city

Why not this?

>you just have a hate-fetish for old "white" things being remodeled.

Why shouldn't we have a hate fetish for postmodernist degenerates who try to destroy things they could never create themselves?

That was my first thought also.

>parametricism
It'll be another flash in the pan fad for sure. But, it'd be nice if a new paradigm would come along and we could finally start replacing the shit-pile that is post-modernism.

I'll man the wrecking ball.

I will fucking volunteer my time to help you. That shit belongs on the cliffs of Normandy, not a residential area.

Germany had so many great monuments and buildings destroyed during and after WW2. Really a pity. Especially ones like this that were intentionally demolished by communists.

Brutalist architecture is one of those styles that I want to like but I just never really can. It's as if they were close to something good but the reality never came close to the ideal.

My dream is to have a large white family and live in a weird brutalist structure.

It's a boat.

>who try to destroy things they could never create themselves?

do you think this when a gas station gets torn down to make a mcdonalds? they wouldn't be overwriting these older buildings if there was plenty of land to build on, but these countries are old as fuck, so pretty much every scrap of land is taken.

It looks like the architect put a big ol' wifi router on top of it

At least she's dead now. Her reign of terror is finally over.

(Architects love her, regrettably. Of course, most architects are faggots so there ya go.)

No, I just have an appreciation for retaining history. Those post-modern additions are abhorrent and ruin any value the building originally had. I can agree with that juxtaposing modern and old CAN work, in general I just don't think it does, and there are several very obvious examples in this thread.

I'm literaly laughing my ass out right now

>implying a fucking nameless belgian fire station is some sort of amazing heritage
get a grip you retard

Literally cancer growing in that building

That still doesn't excuse the fact they tear down older buildings and create post modernist cancer in its place when they could of renovated the original.

we need to detach sweden from earth and blast it into space

>building modern additions to unimportant, old buildings
>retaining history

you know how you retain history effectively? photographs and videos. Just because its old doesn't mean we have to keep it around forever, especially not in a world where we could simply 3D model the thing and have a VR tour of it.

Shit like this will only become more popular the more it is done on other, more insignificant buildings. It's happening everywhere in the older parts of civilization.

you say this in every arch thread hans

I think you said more than you meant here. Modern architecture is a meme politicians fall for thinking they'll modernize their city and pull tourists in. They don't realize in 20 years everyone will realize it's shit and they're left with turd shaped buildings.

It's beautiful when function inspires form, pic related

Did she actually design that? Or was it just her firm? She died a few months ago. She's actually a pretty great architect.

brutalist architecture makes your kids grow up gay

Swedish west coast

Meh looks like shit, like a high heel steping on a building.
Did she make anything that looks less shit.

Its actually kind of cool looking desu senpai

Fucking kys right now you stupid nigger

>poo teased with forceps

I enjoy a good minimalist design but that is one ugly bridge

Mfw I'm planning to kill myself jumping from this beauty

Kek. I know where you could do that:

hngg

I'm quite fond of this one.
>inb4 muh taste

You don't know shit about A E S T H E T I C S you heathen

ugly how?

>building modern additions to unimportant, old buildings
Renovate the old buildings and make it important you mong.
Keep a theme going. Don't destroy the beautiful masonry because it's in the way.
Do what we done to Marischal College in Aberdeen, Scotland. Cleaned the granite, added a new entrance, windows and re-do the small garden in the front. Cleaned up the Robert the Bruce statue as well. Now it looks wonderful and fulfills its purpose well. Multiple generations of hard work saved.

That is inspired by BYZANTINE ARCHITECTURE. THE MUSLIMS COPIED BYZANTINE ARCHITECTURE.

KILL YOUR SELF

Jesus Christ, that looks like the T-1000 came on it

See, I don't support that. Destroying something just because you have the pictures and videos means people in the future will never be able to visit and bask in the actual glory of it. Marvel at the intricacies of classical masonry. Appreciate the vivid colors, the hardwood floors and trim. VR is good but it'll never replicate the real thing.

Even if you went by shit architects alone, Le Corbusier is a much better-known destructive force

Underrated as fuck.
Also, this thread makes me want to kill myself for unironically browsing Cred Forums. You people are fucking dumb, stop talking things you have no idea about.

Germans have some of the best castles. 100x better than the fucking stone squares they have in england.

I don't approve of Cred Forums's approach to modern art, but fucking with old buildings is out of line.

Yes, clashing styles from vastly different schools in one structure always looks great.

Utterly disgusting, why the fuck would anyone pay for that shit?

That doesn't even look human. You sure it's not a Skype in disguise?

To stay on the topic of the thread I think this bridge in Italy does a great job of having a modern aesthetic that also compliments it's old architecture surroundings

Enjoy Seville, Spain

the thing is that no one cares about most of these buildings that are being remodeled, sure it makes sense to preserve actually important buildings that were a big deal even during their time, but we shouldn't have to fit the future within the confines of old ass buildings when they're nothing but boring tenements.

It looks like a retarded pompadour. If this shit passes as good architecture I should give it a try, seems like they'll take any old shit.

I think they were attempting to make a strong contrast between the two styles. But it feels like they just clash. Looks like shit imo.

No. Just mostly.

(((Frank Gehry))) has completely destroyed modern architecture. Its an absolute crime to build a structure so shitty and to waste space like that.

I am in no way arguing for utilitarian architecture.

Whoops forgot pic

Yeh. Unfortunately Cromwell the cuck destroyed most of them.

Beautiful tbqh.

I don't blame her,I blame the people that let this happen.

neat

Le Corbusier is fucking cancer

Thats a nice mutant duck.

That's an interesting structure

yeah see that looks dope, its like the hawken virus is eating the building.

That actually look pretty bad ass imo. Succeeded in getting two styles to complement each other, where the one in OP has failed.

not so much about beauty, but just about good german architecture that could withstand a bombing that destroyed a whole city.

Looks like God jizzed over that city.

Do people think this looks good? The original building looks... meh.

That's literally a tumor growing on that building

Some of his influence has led to some great modern design but I am not too fond of most of his work or influence

>most renowned architect ever

barely any buildings, and her one big time project got cancelled by the nips and then she died

This bitch should be forced to watch her work ripped down in front of her before being shot in the back of the head. Fuck that's awful.

Why are you pinning the blame on Muslims? She doesn't even wear hijab. And the architecture, both modern and old in conservative Islamic countries like Saudi Arabia, the UAE and Qatar actually look pretty good.

More likely she is one of the secular Muslims/ex-Muslims you all love so much.

It is more likely that she

I believe she's already dead desu

Does the thing do anything?

Well, she's dead now

The idea of the new growing from the old is interesting and I think that glass structure would be great as a stand alone building but that direct connection doesn't work at all

She's already dead anyway.

Why would you want to build buildings like that?

And don't say because you think it looks cool.
I'll give you one reason, and it isn't haphazard: lowtechmagazine.com/2012/03/solar-oriented-cities-1-the-solar-envelope.html

Hitler did something wrong apparently... who knew?

Man I would love a big glass blob right smack in the middle of this

fun fact, WWII bombers would often intentionally leave large, strategically insignificant objects intact so that they'd have a good reference point when bombing the city

churches, specifically church steeples being the best example.

>contemporary Arab architecture
>not gaudy as fuck

Hello progressivist shitstain. Your contributions to the world will not be retained after the purge.

MUKGA!

No architectural statement is being made there so idk why you posted it

she's good though

funny that it upsets your little traditionalist brain though. new things are scary wahhhh :( :( :(

well then maybe you should do it you stupid gypsy all your nice castles were built by germans and hungarians.

kys Muhammad

we have palaces like that, but not castles.

once we subdued the welsh sheep shaggers there wasn't much of a need for many more castles so most of the castles your thinking of are simple norman forts (they weren't meant to be like that, they were meant to intimidate peasants)

still some are pretty cool. pic is arundel castle, me local one.

feels good when you actually have history.

looks like mondongo(beef stomach)

Why is there a giant sea slug humping those buildings?

stop posting pics of your miserable hometown

This is getting too cyberpunk for me.

Newsflash, she's actually a pretty good architect and that building she modifies was literally nothing.

It's just a nice /comfy/ looking street.

I. M. Pei says hello

You can be certain that any 'modern art' building that looks like that will not have any art within it.

That is one of the most hideous things I've ever seen.

It's teeth are especially disgusting.

See I don't mind when there stand alone structures. Just when they're tacked on to existing ones.

>cyberpunk
>too

Fuckoff

How hard would it be to hijack an A380 and fly it in to that piece of shit?
Looks like if you hit the clock down at the right angle you could make it fall onto their holy toilet cistern.

>a Belgium building that was ruined by an Iraqi-born muslim architect who was based in London

You're late bro, the whole of Belgium has been ruined by muslims already.

>she's good though

good? that looks garbage

she was what we call a "positive discrimination" quota filler here in britain. even her fellow architects were embarassed by what she did

:^)

I can't stand the repetition in those types of buildings

The Borg have landed

Thread soundtrack right here
youtube.com/watch?v=SZfK6vwlXDg&list=PLoSGOvY398t_4LcWox_R02cCm0mi8EOyg

Parametric development of the urban mesh does not need to look like swoopy-ass. This is one implementation.

non-ocd piece of shit detected.

>implying cyberpunk is good.

Good luck with even more disgusting architecture, and polygonal memes.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

It's looks like they gave a drunk abo a Lego set with pieces missing to play with for a few minutes.

That looks like what 1970s sci-fi directors thought the future would look like.

Did you notice that you posted a building that wasn't destroying another building?

>funny that it upsets your little traditionalist brain though. new things are scary wahhhh :( :( :(

I have a masters in architecture from a top 5. Don't even try to talk to me about this shit.

>A building made to be """art""" that actually has some meaning

Impressive

I think it looks good. When you look at it from afar it looks like it's a glass boat on the river.
That building is the control centre for boat traffic in the haven of Antwerp, so the boat theme is fitting.

The amount of detail they put into the ceilings back in the day is amazing

yeah that's pretty cool

Honestly breddy nice. 9/10.
I really like how they would look if you imagine those normal buildings inside actually looked like normal urban shit while this stuff does look futuristic.

quite possibly the ugliest building in ohio, apparently they didn't want it to be a giant dull eyesore, so they just made it look like god was having fun in kidpix.

Found the mudslime guys

That fucking building looks like a pancake dropping off half a table, blocking half of the windows unnecissarily, so design has come before use, so the building is objectivly shit designed

Any more crap you gunna brownpill us with faggot

>Woah dude, it's like the building is folding. I'm a fucking genius

My dog took a shit on the floor. It's new. It must be art.

Overhangs are important for blocking direct sunlight from getting into the building

For some reason it reminds me of the Egg Carrier.

I found Neuschwannstein itself pretty underwhelming but the mountains around it were dope to climb, the view of the castle from up there is better than actually visiting the castle

Architecture simply followed the same path as Western art.
All standards were thrown out; the masters were simply those who were lucky enough to be picked out of the crowd by influential culture-creators. Thus Zaha Hadid became a great architect and Jackson Pollock a great artist.
Western aesthetics is basically "we'll do whatever the fuck we want a pretend it's incredible and that it's obvious that it's incredible."

So we end up with ugly cities and ugly places to live, and architects congratulating themselves on killing our quality of life with their depressing buildings.

it looks awful m8

desu libeskind has ruined more than her

Epic

Reminder that she's dead now so don't worry

All of this ugly architecture is symbolic of the giant shit the Frankfurt School has taken on Western Civilization.

It's like the commies are marking their territory.

Communist Goals (1963)

23. Control art critics and directors of art museums. "Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsive, meaningless art."

very nice use of vertical space, modern yet not garish with the original
10/10 Muslim renaissance

There's an upside down PS4 on that building.

>Slinky buildings

What's up with your skyline, angbros?

ALL buildings should destroy other buildings
houses should be outfitted with earthquake generators and artillery and duke it out for architectural supremacy

There is a statement. You're just too stupid to understand it.

Iron is for clothes, not for buildings.

Shittest part of seville.

Who ever made this played too much video games. This is exactly what you put in every alien invasion, authoritarian dystopia, which tells me that the architect could not stop sucking dicks for a single moment when drawing this

The angles on the roofs of those buildings actually give them an intimidating presence but the color choices of the facade counter it. Cool design

maybe its because we've ran out of new ways to be meaningful, so we've simply decided to make shit that looks cool for no reason.

It looks like 1930s America with a Middle Eastern spin. The only thing that looks kinda off is the Big Ben knockoff.

In their defense, It would probably look much better if it could be smaller, but there are so many damn pilgrims it had to be that huge.

Ironically, there's going to be so many sinful things going on in that hotel. Right beside their most holy site will be a den of sin, heh.

Would kill to go and see it some day

neushitstein has no purpose, built literally for the lulz by a madman who spent all his country's wealth and got a huge debt also before being sent to the looney bin where he drowned in a lake (too late)
+ it isnt even finished, half of the rooms are used as shekelgrabbers
walls of the rooms taht are finished are covered by vibrantly colored mythological paintings
+it is literally always in repair (the part on the pictures is taken from some kind of a forest covered mountain inaccessible except by a heli or something)

True. It's part of the culture war the Left wages against the West.
Kill spiritualism and an appreciation for aesthetics; turn human habitats into ugly depressing places devoid of beauty or tradition and in doing do reinforce the idea that a traditional Western culture does not exist, we should not care about what we have inherited from the past, and that we are all mere economic units who should not have an appreciation of our ancestral efforts and should be content with living in spaces that offer us no aesthetic encouragement.

Fuck you!!!

You might be right but it appears that they just needed to make some buildings in a way that could most easily be built at the time

when I went it seemed pretty incredibly imo. Even though the interior wasn't complete, the Byzantine room was incredible. I found his replica of Versailles a bit poor though.

the views were stunning though, especially the lake. the color almost seemed fake it was so beautiful.

some kind of fungus?

It has interesting shapes instead of dull boxes.
Interesting shapes that make it unique, instead of New World Skyline #2415.

Goddamn german architecture is fucking top tier.

that would be Marxism, muslims are just tools

>hating on viktor antonov

interesting shapes that end up setting cars on fire

It's absolutely hideous in London, they really have defiled that city with architectural abominations. Squeezing in massive towers among historic buildings and housing.
>Pic related one of my hated, The Shard (The tower in Mordor)

Makes a perfect aerial bombing target.

>new is better
oh that old meme.

been there it was terrible nice museum but there were literally hundred of sand googles and sand google spawn everywhere

is that the German Imperial War Museum that the Jews destroyed?

whats the name of that old austrian city that used to look gorgeous but then they put some kind of tentacled tumor building in the middle?

>old is better

oh that literal old meme

Damn. Makes me think of Dishonored.

the London S H A R T

Skyscrapers are pretty much the only part of architecture with foundations that start in the United States so the 30s USA comparison makes sense

>this will one day be torn down or neglected to the point of decay and people will only have pictures to appreciate the craftsmanship

Feels terrible man ;_;

>Swedish flag praising brownskinned people

this triggers the Cred Forums

The corporation needs a cheap building for us to work out of.
Don't expect us, the government, to ensure that the building compliments the area.
Don't expect us, the politicians, who can spend plenty of time in London, where the old buildings are beautiful, to ensure that you get nice places to live
The corporations need to make a profit. A big profit. And they need this depressing building to do that. So get to work, economic unit #10334034; and when you are finished working return to your house, House #3415 on Housing Estate #1341 and watch mass media television.

I like it. It's 2016 we should be using modern architecture.
I like historical buildings, but building in that style nowadays is just fake as fuck like it's some kind of disneyland.
>pic related
Really cool combo of old and new

That London mayor has really changed up that city...

Looks like an alien fucking civilized culture. Thanks OP.

>ugliest building in ohio

quite a bold claim

but yes that is horrendous. modern """""art""""" is the worst

That building in the front looks like a sad scout trooper

found this threads cuck

The Jews can't design nice buildings themselves, so they've taken on the mission of defiling every nice piece of Euro architecture they can get their hands on:

Thousands of structures are being built daily , most of them doesn't even come remotely to this , these things are just being built to be impressive , nothing more nothing less and the architects who "design" them know that very clearly

it looks like a kitchen sink

Yeah my bad i niggerd her after i posted and she has some nice designes. Very star trekky and wavy

>HL2 makes you think of dishonored
newfags please go

more like nobody wants to pay for an arc de triomphe because humanity is controlled by (literal) merchants rather than aristocrats with spirit so everything is only built for efficiency

Just... why? It looks fucking terrible.

Marxism is HIV, muslims are Kaposi's Sarcoma.

literally the same art director as half life 2

>I like it. It's 2016 we should be using modern architecture.
just unironically said "it's 2016"

Architects still question whether they have solved the problem of skyscraper design. Building fuck huge buildings has a short history so horrible design is inevitable as they try to figure this shit out

neat

drumpfs tower for scale

Sorry guys, haven't played Half Life. Only Dishonored on my neighbor's 360. :^]

Solved.

>the original building
>nice
cmon son

It was ironically said tho

>. It's 2016 we should

Lemme stop you right there

STOP RUINING EUROPEAN CITIES

STOP IT FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOD AND DECENT IN THIS CURSED WORLD

M A K E I T S T O P

PLEASE

I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE

please

please

>This is now a European architecture thread.
...did someone say, EUROPEAN ARCHITECTURE?

The left gets off whenever they can defile Western Civilization. This is cultural nihilism applied to architecture.

Indeed.

Unique skylines should be encouraged.
One mustn't forget that a unifying of skylines, turning all skylines into dull grey boxes, is one of the ways the Left tries to destroy beauty.
The Left would love to make every city identical; all nothing but grey, depressing boxes.
Any buildings which give a unique face to a city should be encouraged for doing so, at the very least.

>Just... why?

ITS A BOAT

WITH GUNS

A GUNBOAT

It's like a colony of ants found an old TV dinner tray and have made it their home.

The cities are filled with litter these days, why not make the buildings look like them too, it'll all blend right in.

That skinny tower actually looks pretty savage.

I've seen worse.

I agree.
An academic and merchant class has replaced the aristocratic class in the manufacture of Western aesthetics, and the results are terrible.

They still made them beautifully. Ugly buildings do not last as long as beautiful ones. People do not want to maintain them.

The statement is that they are simple, built to last, and beautiful. Modern architects are too dumb and vain to understand this.

4 minutes

Churchill actually fought them, he knew what they were all about long before most people.

Time for the next church demolition Pierre!

As an engineering problem I agree but do you really think that architecturally it is a model for skyscrapers that follow? I dont

Is this from the same people claiming Napoleon was a Black Muslim?

Qatar right?

You should famalam

The thing I love about this building is how thoroughly it failed and what that says about 'modern' architecture.

>building was meant to be mostly glass but snow and ice weight was not considered in the design, necessitating much of the structure be built with non-transparent metal and plastics
>the redesign turns what was meant to be a sunny and open museum into a dark and cavernous environment
>only the exhibits in the old part of the building are even worth visiting now
>even with the redesign, snow and ice can build up on the structure and shoot off the roof and hit the sidewalk at dangerous velocities, requiring the museum to close the sidewalk around the entrance every time the building ices.

It's only success was how effectively it captures the failure of modernity and western decline.

whos to say the modern buildings you hate aren't built to last?

I wouldn't call it beautiful 2bh. Tho the stone facade is always a classic look and definitely built to last as you said

Ugh, it gives me a migraine just looking at it.

thats pretty cool, do those petal things move?

REEEEEEE, STOP IT, FUCKING JAMAL
RUSSIA ISNT EUROPE

This piece of shit is actually amazing on the inside but I love the dumb design was actually blinding drivers during rush hour.

Fresh out of Star Trek.

If the building is some kind of shipbuilding office it's pretty cool.

Actually pretty neat. Nothing wrong with that imo.

They have failed for almost a century now.

What is ugly about it?

Reminds me of that other building that was bent just so that the sunlight reflecting off the polished metal surface turned into an archimedian death ray capable of melting plastic

If they couldn't make it mostly glass as they wanted then that's the fault of unimaginative structural engineers or a cheap owner

This is architectural shitposting.

Hmm desu I like almost everything in her portfolio

lol a kitchen sink

a lot of brutalism is nigger: the architecture

>build building
>is big
>fuck finishing the exterior leave it as is

there is a building coated with what can only be described as pavement gravel concrete panels

STOP REMINDING ME

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

it is the office of the port authority

somehow this looks like a hand-carved miniature

it looks like hell
>muh weird polygons

IMO the windows ruin the aesthetic

Modern architecture is so shit, it's just random shapes that don't look like anything

Fucking nihilistic world we have today where nothing looks like anything, everything is just whatever the fuck you want it to be

So you can make a hospital in the shape of a dog or a house in the shape of penis, there's no culture left anymore just irl shitposting

fuck this world

Wait, I think this one is supposed to represent this monet painting

a HUNDRED!
But that is almost any structure in Europe you ignorant new world faggot

>more "look at me I can into CAD" faggotry
k3wl

One of the first instances of an architect using the plan view to make a statement was an architect designing a building to look like a penis

>American education

Sadly no , they were thinking of making it move , but it's too much of a cost for a parking building

>complains that modern architecture is just random shapes that dont look like anything
>will defend cathedral designs even though they just look like spike traps

>allow maximum natural light
>positioned in reasonable locations where people live
>give nice views

Looks like they are doing their jobs.

Be sure to set a stream for that.

and that was the first thing I said: the buildings were made out of necessity and architectural design wasn't really considered.

The windows were obviously needed but clearly no thought was put into the windows for the architectural design

Those weird edges, looks like it was edited in with GIMP or something.

Dubai

More so oriel chambers and 16 cook Street are responsible for the curtain frames with glass.