Is chess the most based board game in human history?

Is chess the most based board game in human history?

Other urls found in this thread:

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4815/campaign-north-africa
lichess.org/ItInJhVK
en.lichess.org/Ml5K34vh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nice, but too determenistic

>game
>based

Close. Shoji is better

Sure, but its still only a board game.

it's waterboarding desu

Magic the Gathering

no, it's Go, but Go didn't catch on because it's less fun and more chinky. strategy is Go is a higer level than chess.

>a game that a computer can always beat a human in
>based board game

>t. neckbeard

Well, whites do always go first.

No, because the queen is much more powerful than the king.

No. There exists no random element or hidden information in Chess, its simply a more difficult tic-tac-toe. Same with Go.

Bluffing and negotiation games are much more human. Settlers of Catan is an extremely human game, the rolls don't matter, only how you play other people.

Games that involve both Cooperation & Competition are the very best.

>poo in loo game that takes hours to play
nah

Computers now beat Go masters. Go is deterministic shit.

But the king is the imperative piece on the board. You lose when your king is mated

Axis and allies mate

Implying this isnt

boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/4815/campaign-north-africa

The king's power stems from his most loyal and faithful servants. Leadership is only about controlling others.

No, queer.

that game is so god damned fun

>based board game
>board game

No, that's Axis & Allies :^)

>you may make no choices, the game
I suppose some people find comfort in a Calvinist universe.

No but it's the most autistic.

Go is weeaboo with undeserved self-righteousness.

So I'd say its slightly more autistic. In the end the purpose of games is threefold:
>to exercise the mind
>to socialize with friends and potential friends
>to be the very best, like no one was before

Nondeterminism doesn't imply something is more complex. In fact, you can build an equivalent deterministic automaton from any nondeterministic one (just with more states). But there is no difference in computability here whatsoever.

chess pieces have personality

go stones do not

shogi usually uses mahjong style reversible planks with moonrunes on them instead of vaguely representative, reversible 3d pieces

so it too suffers from a personality deficit

on that note if someone can point me to a nice looking shogi set with chess style pieces you can flip when promoted I'd appreciate it

P does not equal NP.

sage

Five minute, no increment.
lichess.org/ItInJhVK

>trying to make a point that sounds intelligent while being this bad at spelling

Would anyone argue tic tac toe is deep? Because Chess and Go are the same class of game.

Disagree that shogi pieces don't have personality the way they move matches the rank/character they are meant to be just like chess.

and to OP yeah shogi is better because it is more complex and the system of drops adds an additional layer of strategy. In addition I dislike the queen in chess because it is too strong, in shogi the strongest (unpromoted), piece is a rook or bishop from chess and you only get one of each.

The king is not assigned a point value, but it's the most valuable piece in the game.

How's your Russian?

>not playing mancala

KYS

bowling

No, but Arimaa is.

Candy Land is redpilled.

Wasn't there a chess version made by nazi germany? Wehrschach iirc

get real

Go is not tic tac toe

here senpai

obscure, checked
I've tried arimaa but I'm not a fan, it's slower and more strategic than chess. Less room for exciting come-from-behind strokes of genius.

Why can't you god damn shills fuck off for one fucking night for Christ's sake?

GO AWAY

The most expensive board game that's for sure.

I prefer Backgammon

>implying CLUE isn't redpilled as fuck

>itt plebs who cant basic logic

explains a lot, seeing as we're on Cred Forums

>Chess
>The game in which the player that goes first has a high statistical advantage
>Based
Dude please. Fucking Chinese Checkers is better than this.

Chaos simply implies randomness, there are two states one that is determined and the uncontrolled which is chaos. Chaos theory states anything can happen. Which chess there is always a best move to make so playing deterministically if you go first you will win. So insert some chaos, purposely make a bad move and confuse your opponent, there are reasons why a grandmaster beats computer programs.

Yes.

>not brood war

I read somewhere that in the past it wasn't queen it was counciller or something. Which kinda makes sence because why the fuck would a queen go arround kicking everyones asses. Dunno if true tho

I prefer Settlers of Catan because I can play it with my wife and two kids. Family time is red-pill time.

Class of game means nothing though. One card poker is the same class of game as texas hold 'em but clearly the latter is a much more complex and interesting game.

"Depth" when referring to games means number of game states and/or branching factor.

Surprised to see another arimaa player on pol. Definitely prefer it to chess but atm I find shogi more interesting than either.

Nine Men's Morris is older and is too complex to be mastered by computers.

fuck you heretics self check for kek

en.lichess.org/Ml5K34vh

30 second game; who wants some?

Subterfuge for mobile isn't a board game but it's a very good strategy game focussed on diplomacy and secrecy, and it's free.

Is there a single game that isn't decided by random factors (dice, card order etc) that a computer won't win?)

I've been wanting to design a 3d chess game that uses boards above and below the main board, but I don't have friends willing to play test with me

see

>not playing a 30 round grandmaster face off where you alternate
pleb detected

It's a more complicated version of checkers that computers always win.

Not based

As yet no AI has beaten the top shogi players but I reckon thats more because the Jap Shogi federation are traditionalists and have not yet allowed it to happen.

Chess is pretty based, but I reckon that Go is more based.

Chess 960 is a lot more based than regular chess. Bobby Fischer was truly the best.

In the older versions of Chess the Queen was originally the King's general or vizier

If it produced this guy, then yes.

>Nine Men's Morris
Wikipedia says nine men's morris is a solved game

The most biased? I wouldn't go that far, it's only a bit biased. The most based? Even my dick is a more based game.

So is chess but we're still talking about it.