Without using some autistic argument from the Bible...

Without using some autistic argument from the Bible, explain to me why Pride in one's accomplishments and displaying those accomplishments is bad

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pride_comes_before_a_fall
youtube.com/watch?v=5WzKDdj0CxY
timesandseasons.org/The_Great_Sin_condensed.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Without using some autistic argument from the Bible

You're a lost cause then.

>His aesthetics
noice
>chick checking him out then noticing the camera and getting embarrassed in the mirror
I CAME

S-sauce?

>bitch be mirin

Because feeding the ego is the ultimate blue pill

Only the accomplishment has value, trying to make others see it adds nothing and is therefore a waste of time.

Oh no, I just noticed she's a filthy homewrecker. The person filming is a chick, the chick setting up just can't stop herself from looking

someone post that gif of hank hill celebrating his TD with the egyptian dance thing and then instantly getting injured.

Pride cometh before the fall.

/thread

>this bitch wanted to get a workout in
>some annoying faggot doing a flex show and recording it
>she has to slink away

>Without using some autistic argument from the Bible, explain to me why Pride in one's accomplishments and displaying those accomplishments is bad
Because being driven and accomplished yet humble about it is even better. It makes you look twice as badass.

Why do people do this to themselves? It makes your body look disgusting. It's almost as bad as being fat.

Because the self is unimportant.

Be proud of what you've contributed to your fellow man, be proud of how you took the earth on your shoulders and carried it forward.

But don't be proud of yourself. That's what niggers do. You ain't shit hombre.

he overdid the fuck out of his pecs

this is not aesthetic

zyzz is dissapoint

>Having such a weak core

Faggot needs to hit the gym.

do you care what people think about you?

Displaying your accomplishments makes you a target. Be weary, not prideful. The reason 'pride comes before the fall' is because people are wolves and they'll eat you when you sleep if you they see you with something they don't have and want.

underated
everybody dies in the end
biggest redpill is death

hes not even that big, he's decent sized but not moreso than the average athlete

The only reason that comes to me is that people could, and most likely do, use that pride in acomplishments to counterbalance or rather override and forget the Shame from one's failures, which should not happen

thats not what 'pride comes before the fall' means.

en.wiktionary.org/wiki/pride_comes_before_a_fall

A person who is extremely proud of his or her abilities will often suffer a setback or failure, because he or she tends to be overconfident and to make errors of judgment.

tl;dr "don't get cocky!" - han jabba

Because it means you are a good goy who is obeying what he is told by someone

God rocks. You don't . case closed

holy shit for somebody with so many muscles, you got no confidence if this is how badly you crave approval

here, son

here's a (you)

now go to bed

it's late

Does this make DMT an actual physical red pill?

>makes your body look disgusting

lol what's the Cred Forums equivalent of an obese tumblr whale?

only a fat beta fuck would allow his God given body to wallow in disease and gluttony. Aspiration for fitness and good health is hallmark of a true human being; not some fat fuck who probably will be the first to fall when the cleansing begins.

Didn't you see her blush response? Or do you know nothing of human behavioral functions? She was started to get wet just looking at him.

Pride in one's self is fins, just don't be an autist and claim pride for muh gender/sexuality/race/nationality/heritage

Its not from the bible. Its a natural human reaction to be put off but someone acting like a faggot. There is a thing called humility and civilized people have practiced this for thousands of years. Its nothing new, its just that people are generally annoyed by faggoty behavior.

I fucking love Connor Murphy. He's so real. His omegle reaction bids are super motivational.

connor murphy
Look him up on youtube

>people resort to the fitness jew instead of hardwork that develops your muscle and bone naturally

Narcissus, vanity, pool, drowned, metaphor

>he says all this while defending a fat man
Bulk is bulk, user. It's unattractive either way, though muscles slightly less so since they at least don't make you look like one giant saggy blob. Just a lot of smaller non-saggy blobs.

How do i get that body?

how do i get that lean ottermode look as a manlet?

or is stocky my only option?

i want to have a "tall" look and not even to look tall, some of you will know what i mean.
i have no problem with being a manlet, that is the card i was dealt. but i love that V taper and huge upper body with nice abs look.

i guess shoulders and back are important?

Nothing wrong with a bit of pride but excessive pride breeds complacency and narcissism.

It's not bad. Dwelling on them, or using them as a way to feel superior to other people is petty, though.

Yeah work on expanding your frame. Do shrugs and lateral raises, get some pecs so bench and some curls. Control your diet, eat super lean. Don't forget leg day. I do coolcicada's PPL (you can find it somewhere) and its been working well for me.

connor is also probably on a little bit of juice.

>probably

lol.

Are you autistic?
She's cringing, not miring.

Zyzz was a loser steroid monkey.

>do you care what people think about you?
It's healthy to care about that to some extent, surely?

fortunately bench is my favorite day. i will incorporate the others though. thanks

thats a shame

i got pretty shredded as a natty BJJ practicioner and i really think that it is possible to be natty and look close to how OP looks, maybe not as big.
what limits the human body though? why do so many ppl believe that natties cant look like that?

pride is fine. however, you can have pride without showing anyone. when you do like the guy in OPs pic, you are feeding the ego, nothing more. it's unnecessary.

men rise and fall like wheat - do something better than displaying something that is very short-lived.

Most people don't have good lifting genetics. It's easier to claim someone is a fraud than to admit to having flaws.

A FUCKING LEAF

Why hasn't this been posted yet?

youtube.com/watch?v=5WzKDdj0CxY

>healthy, strong, capable, fit, successful, effective, disciplined, energetic
>disgusting
2/10
(You) made me reply
Here, have a bunch of worthless counterfeits
(You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You) (You)

Canadian tier post.

Don't be a douche about it. There is a difference between having pride and bragging. Don't be a show-off and just gone it down and don't be that guy. If you show-off a little it's okay but don't be a jackass because no one likes a jackass and you'll have no friends and die alone if no one likes you. Impress don't obsess.

Nah she comes over to admire then notices the camera, then acts like "Oh my gosh this is goofy whatever," to hide the fact she was checking him out in front of his likely girlfriend.

>strong independent lone wolf who don't need no social approval
>volkisch
choose carefully

>t.marxist

Pride is bad because it causes you to search for the feeling of pride rather than the actual accomplishment that gives the pride. The goal of working out and taking care of yourself should be to make yourself strong and fit so that you can live a better life. If you take excessive pride in that accomplishment you are missing the point.

Feeling good about oneself is not what one should aim for, because there are many ways to feel good about oneself, many of which don't necessarily include improving yourself or society.

The feeling of pride is an unintended side effect of doing good things that improve yourself, your family, or your country. It should never be the goal.

Because being humble is the only way to keep your head out of your ass
Also only faggots give a fuck about what others think of them
t. non-biblefag

How can a guy have pride with no underarm hair?

Well, wait. Pride in one's accomplishments isn't necessarily bad. Neither is showing these accomplishments. This is true if by "pride" you mean "pleasure in having accomplished a task or reaching a goal", or "pleasure in praised by someone important to you", or "pleasure in having increased a skill".

The pride that is bad for a Christian is the pride that self-centered, instead of action-centered. The person in OP has devoted his time and energy to make his body beautiful. He SHOULD be happy about this, just like a painter should be happy about a painting and a musician happy about a song. But the problem of pride comes in when you go from "hey, this song is catchy", to "holy shit I'm a fucking awesome person because I wrote this". The problem is when you take your gratification inward and think yourself higher by virtue of having accomplished the task.

Interestingly, a lot of people are being prideful by insinuating that it's better not to care what anyone thinks of you. To quote from CS Lewis:

>The real black, diabolical Pride comes when you look down on others so much that you do not care what they think of you. Of course, it is very right, and often our duty, not to care what people think of us, if we do so for the right reason; namely, because we care so incomparably more what God thinks. But the Proud man has a different reason for not caring. He says “Why should I care for the applause of that rabble as if their opinion were of value, am I the sort of man to blush with pleasure at a compliment like a young girl at her first dance? No, I am an integrated, adult personality. All I have done has been done to satisfy my own ideals – or my artistic conscience – or the traditions of my family – or, in a word, because I’m That Kind of Chap.

timesandseasons.org/The_Great_Sin_condensed.pdf

Because one of the building blocks of a respectable society is humility. Meaning if you're good at something, beautiful, rich you keep it to your goddamn self and respect the fact you're lucky and that most others are jealous of you.

Wait fir other to accept it then act surprise.

The little hussy in the vid deserves to be raped too.

Pride causes you to be blind to personal flaws, and ignoring those flaws leave it as an open target for anyone who'd wish you harm.

Individualism only works in advanced societies.

If you spend your life farming, you're not gonna read Ayn Rand.

Look at if from your genes' POV. Your body, and its details, are unimportant. Just make sure there will still BE people in 100 years, and you're good.

so Do Your Part™ and Secure a Future™ for the White Race™

Because you're setting yourself up to die a lonely and unfulfilled person.

Dis google gets it

You dont stand out until you can afford to pay for security, private security.

Otherwise you shut your fucking mouth and keep things to yourself

Showing off your body isnt on the same level as showing material/assets/money

If you show your body youll just get laid by hoes and eventually diseases and pregnancy

Showing off is for shitskins. I prefer modest and silent, inwards directed pride.

That's his sister. He is homosexual, if you haven't noticed.

>that feel when a shirtless roidmonkey makes a qt pa2t cringe
>that feel when working out just to keep healthy is all you need

I set up a home gym today.
An olympic bar 4 plates and a dumbel with some weights.
Every time I take a break from study or I'm loading up a match for a game I do some OHP and shit.
I can't feel my arms, shoulders and pecs feels like the first day at the gym all over again.

There are two types of pride that I know of, selfish pride and pride that accomplishes a greater good for others. A firefighter for example may have pride in his ability to safe people, that's good. A homosexual may have pride in sucking as many dicks as he can while spreading HIV and other diseases, that is bad.

shit it's 2am already

>It's almost as bad as being fat.

>why do so many ppl believe that natties cant look like that?
It's usually the amount of time that someone got into a certain size. There's a limit to how big you can get but there's definitely an even bigger limit in how FAST you can get to that size.

Failure to acknowledge limitations and plan around them.

Pride is a sin without a argument from the bible it cannot be bad

people generally dont like seeing others doing better than they are, and this becomes a social norm

>It's almost as bad as being fat.
WAT