Cred Forums can you please tell me why unregulated free speech is a good thing?

Cred Forums can you please tell me why unregulated free speech is a good thing?

why is banning hate speech a bad thing?

in my opinion, hate speech is another example of white privilege because nonwhites cannot be racist to others therefore their speech can never be hateful. the only people who would be negatively impacted are whites because they would lose their ability to oppress people linguistically.

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/07/canadian-judge-punching-a-caucasian-and-yelling-i-hate-white-people-isnt-a-hate-crime/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Implying I smile at people
>implying I don't give them a mildly angry sperg stare

The same reason nobody gives a flying fuck how you speak when you join the military, and why it's encouraged to be a bit loose in the mouth.

it's easy to feel that way

but then who sets the bar for hate speech?
what if it goes too high for your liking?

Simple. WHO decides what Hate speech is?

What if in the wake of the Charlotte riots Congress outlaws any speech that opposes Police action? What if the phrase "Fuck the Police" gets you thrown in jail for three months?

In the US your have the right to say almost anything your twisted little heart desires. The only exceptions are violent threats and state secrets. That is out 1st amendment right and NO-ONE will change that.

As to your final point..... If the words I Say are enough to oppress you? That makes you a weakling. Someone who has no pride and needs to grow a spine.

Why don't you just leave instead of trying to deprive the rest of us of our natural born rights? You'll fit right in Merkel's Germany with all the new tanned German doctors and engineers

The first and second amendments are tied closely together in purpose, which is why they are currently under attack by the left.

They are both intended to prevent governments from going tyrannical. The first amendment right is for the free and open discussion of how the government is doing. The ability to criticize it allows normal people to influence the vote of other normal people. The government is doing shitty things, vote those people out. You have the ability to criticize.

The second amendment is the last line of defense against a tyrannical government. Government sends it's purge squads against dissenters and you have a moral obligation to fight back against it.

It's what the founding fathers intended. These are both under attack by the left because they are nothing but barriers standing in the way of total domination. First it's to prevent hate speech and mall shootings, next thing you know they ban criticism of government officials and all forms of weaponry so they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Hello there. I'm a fan of it.
>inb4 holocaust denying imbeciles whine

You got a problem with tanned doctors and engineers?

In case you aren't trolling (you are), it's because hate speech is a vague and nebulous idea that only the left can define. Coincidentally, the left uses it for political gain quite frequently.

because if we regulated speech I would kill you. your entire post is hatespeech so you deserve death

Alright, some one has legitimate grievances, lets classify anti white speech as hate speech, does that sound good? Speak out against a corp/govt, hate speech, sound good to you dumb nigger?

If you censor opinions, you control what people can say.
Controlling what people do or say isn't giving them many liberties.

If people want to be mad, why is it your duty to not allow them, when their opinions are supposed to matter just as much as yours?

If congress took away my fundamental right to speak, the right I inherently have, I would gather people and I'm sure I would have congress swinging by their necks by dawn.

Well said Chairman Mao, great post.

>in my opinion, hate speech is another example of white privilege because nonwhites cannot be racist to others therefore their speech can never be hateful.
Oh, is that so? Then I'm afraid you've never been introduced to the concept of "internalized racism",. This magical buzword makes it so even a black or a mexican or a muslim is guilty of white privilege simply by agreeing with a white person. Therefore, their lack of privilege is forfeit and they have to suffer checking their privilege, just like honkey.

Isn't politics fun?

thanks for not answering my questions.

answer this for me please: why do linguistic oppressors conflate two completely different issues?

no moron would ever say that criticizing the government or discussing the government is considered hate speech.

you're entire post is full of logical fallacies and not thought out...do even know how the constitution works?

Because someone should be able to call you a fucking roach and not get thrown in jail for it.

Free speech doesn't mean you are free of consequences. If you say stupid shit people are going to think you're stupid. You can get fired or socially abused for acting like a retard online or in public. And so it should be. Spouting hate speech in public is literally coon levels of retarded.

You can say whatever the fuck you want and shouldn't be punished from the govt. However if you say stupid shit and get fired or beat up/shot then that's all good.

>no moron would ever say that criticizing the government or discussing the government is considered hate speech.
Who are you to say that? It sounds ludicrous now, but a slippery slope isn't an instant drop. It's a gradual one.

is it? banning the use of racial slurs is vague? anyone could come up with a reasonable definition of hate speech that is not vague.
no such thing as anti-white speech and even if it did exist it's not hate speech. calling someone becky or saying they suck at basketball is not hate speech.

Well said, Chairman.

"Political power grows out of a keyboard on the net."

so you're willing to kill people because you lost your white privilege to call someone a nigger?

wow.

>no such thing as anti-white speech
Confirmed troll thread. He's probably gonna bring up white privilege unironically again. Everyone ignore.

>privilege

Privilege implies equitable distribution in the Marxist sense. This is because when someone is called "privileged," one is intimating that the "privileged" one has more than the they deserve. So, ultimately the idea is that all people are due their reasonable share of things, and any who have more than they deserve based on what levels of possession are socially acceptable are "privileged."

The problem? No one deserves anything. No one, anywhere, deserves a thing. No one is entitled to anything. There are no levels of what is "fair."

Don't argue with concepts not based in reality.

Because they aren't going to come out of the gate by banning criticism of the government. They are going to test the waters by trying to restrict speech under the guise of "preventing hate speech". It will only get progressively worse from there. Step one is to restrict speech toward protected groups. Step 3, 4 or 5 will be to protect speech against those in power. If you think that the left will call it quits once it makes hate speech a crime you have a rosey view of human nature and are completely delusional.

washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2016/07/07/canadian-judge-punching-a-caucasian-and-yelling-i-hate-white-people-isnt-a-hate-crime/

ok well it takes support from 2/3rds of congress and 75% of the states to ratify an amendment so what you say might happen will never happen.

it's 3:45am who the fuck would be trying to slide this board? you just don't have any good arguments

this argument that the government is going to start banning speech they don't like is dumb because it'd be impossible to amend the constitution to give them that power but nice try. now create an actual argument that doesn't involve fearmongering.

They are already trying to ban "hate speech" which IS protected under the constitution, Obama has been wiping has ass with the constitution for the past 8 years and the Republicans haven't done shit to stop him either, if you think they won't move onto the next violation after completing one I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale

>Washington Post
SAGE

My mom rants sometimes about Muslims ever since she started working for a medical company ran by Syrians. She doesn't like Trump but agreed with him when he considered a Muslim ban. She even said it should be a permanent ban.

Oh yeah, she's also black. Guess she can't be racist!

What are your thoughts on these, OP.

German politicians did. It's funny how primarily only nutty racists and Antisemites are ever affected. They're also the main group crying about it on the internet, see this thread. You're on /racist/ after all.

>EO
>SHARP
nigga wat, military is PC as fuck on the surface now.

Jizux jooz working double time tonite
What a surprise, do u get .04 shekels instead of .02???

Ps: I am a black person and we are pretty racist, don't even try to culturally appropriate my shit nigga

thin lipped Eurasian smile because we don't have horse teeth or jaws that stick out.

Teeth may also be fucked up. Think lipped Eurasian people with small teeth inside their mouths don't show teeth when smiling.

Damn it. Learn your Caucasoid anatomy.

Banning hate speech IS the definition of fear mongering. These people are out to oppress you, so we must ban what they say, it's for your own safety!

That's what they did in communist dictatorships, you fucking moron. They banned any speech against the government precisely because they were afraid it would rouse up the people, it was for their own protection just how SJWs think banning hate speech is for minorities' protection.

You fucking troll, you knew this but you're still shitposting.

Yes.
I would kill someone over such a simple thing.

Can't lose something that doesn't exist buddy

Who decides what is hate speech or not? The government. Do you understand how this could be used in horrible ways? Of course you don't; you're an idiot.

thank you.

dubs of truth.

>Antisemites
So almost all Muslims migrants?

Read a book called nineteen eighty four, by Goarge Orwell. That's what happens when everything is censored and controlled.

Prohibitionism always backfires and people are creative af, euphemisms will come into use and everyone will know what they mean

My jurisdiction has hate speech laws but noone has been convicted of it since it's easily disproven unless a mouthbreether is using public records for specific threats (and results in damage) but that is already covered by the criminal code and always prosecuted as such, not as so-called hate speech

First of all, I'm going to start by saying that hate speech is bad, and I'm personally tired of hearing the "pro gun" arguments. And I think freedom of association is bad and leads to terrorism.

But....

the reason I think those freedoms are necessary is because of a failing government. The government is too big. This isn't like Rome where it eventually collapses due to conflicting interests.. No, the modern countries today are a shell of what they used to be; United states was created that way. To use Trudeau's words, they are "Post national countries", and I think it's a disaster

Because free speech prevents violence.

The only alternative to persuasion by speech is persuasion by violence.
As much as people claim to love free speech, though, they often complain about advertising and its efforts to persuade individuals to purchase one brand over another or to choose one political party or candidate over another. They use the word manipulation. But what better way is there to make decisions about what to buy or what to believe except by people trying to charm us?
If persuasion is the only alternative to violence, a society of free choice, free ideas, and free consumption is an advertising society, a rhetorical society. Prof. McCloskey says, "A free society is a speaking, rather than violent, society."

Because it makes thought and expression congruent with reality.

E.g. niggers are worthless and ruin everything they touch. No one wants to live near niggers. Every nigger-dominated country is a primitive burning shithole full of babyrape, warlords, child soldiers, and AIDS.

It's true. So why can't you say it? This is exactly the kind of thing free speech is needed for.

Censorship only hides LIES.

What kind of girls do you like, user? And is it difficult to find any that are attracted to black females such as yourself?