/og/ Orthodox General - St. Alexander Nevsky edition

Orthodox pastebin
pastebin.com/bN1ujq2x

>Form for converts
saintandrew.net/files/catechumen info/Catechumen_Renunciations_and_Affirmations_Form.pdf

>Orthodox cartoon
youtube.com/watch?v=XP0J2eDPIjU

>Comparison of Orthodox and Catholic services
youtube.com/watch?v=fHZtbnaXuGk
youtube.com/watch?v=QxcOv4zPoVo

>Comparison of Orthodox and Catholic Liturgical hymns
youtube.com/watch?v=noetoc2W4Pc
youtube.com/watch?v=u0iOBOIwQ2o
youtube.com/watch?v=qDoyZtkrU0s
youtube.com/watch?v=XN6UNVwlRbk

>Media Attacks Orthodox Church
bloomberg.com/view/articles/2016-06-16/the-orthodox-church-stays-in-the-dark-ages
nytimes.com/2016/09/14/world/europe/russia-orthodox-church.html?_r=0

>Putin's faith in his own words
youtube.com/watch?v=u3d_yxJhmjk

>Verses backing up veneration and intercession
Exodus 18:7
Joshua 7:6
1 Kings 13:6

>Based Patriarch
youtube.com/watch?v=0pqax_dPgTk

Orthodox Church on immigration
>Such an important aspect of modern life like mass migration is not left unattended. Unlike the Catholic approach that unduly favors migrants, particularly in Europe, the Orthodox notices the negative nature of the process, as well as the fact that it leads to confrontation of different identities and value systems. In addition, the Orthodox Church propose to look at the roots of this phenomenon. The reason for the migration is the liberal, hedonistic ideology bleeding the peoples of Europe and the interests of the capitalist elite, who need a cheap and disenfranchised workforce:

>Attempts by indigenous people of the rich countries to stop the migration flow are futile, because they come in conflict with the greed of their own elites who are interested in the low-wage workforce

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bSe0E1Mp2Ss
bartleby.com/24/2/
youtube.com/watch?v=hQAgrCuKwPc
youtube.com/watch?v=QhnsC2V4_0w
youtube.com/watch?v=ukfiRC6uGEo
youtube.com/watch?v=GKSRyLdjsPA
youtube.com/watch?v=FWiyKgeGWx0
vocaroo.com/i/s0CygkbXEKV1
vocaroo.com/i/s112zvT9DRaO
thezog.info/who-controls-donald-trump/
youtube.com/watch?v=TvI_TLZ6Wuc
youtube.com/watch?v=ktX4viox8zY
youtube.com/watch?v=ndRj2NtsmvM
youtube.com/watch?v=RymaodaYc0E
youtube.com/watch?v=cja6N-KGYPY
youtube.com/watch?v=xUQv3iv9fqk
thezog.info/list-summaries/
youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Legion_of_Decency
ia902600.us.archive.org/12/items/RadicalTraditionalist/A-Handbook-of-Traditional-Living-Raido.pdf
womenintheology.org/2014/04/30/to-my-white-nationalist-brothers/
suscopts.org/q&a/index.php?qid=1246&catid=383
youtube.com/watch?v=6Zbi0XmGtMw
youtube.com/user/mhfm1/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=BhSpqWOo51o
youtube.com/watch?v=VVf31G3q-RM
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34428407
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_of_Constantine
catholiceducation.org/en/education/catholic-contributions/the-papacy-the-petrine-ministry-in-the-early-church-3-of-3.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglican_Communion_and_ecumenism#Orthodox_Churches
books.google.cat/books?id=JbwJVBOvECwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=intitle:apologia inauthor:newman&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidnYefo6nPAhWszIMKHS0lC7QQ6AEIJjAA#v=onepage&q&f=false
books.google.cat/books?id=M7VCAQAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=intitle:development inauthor:newman&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0p-G3o6nPAhUE04MKHdwnAI8Q6AEIGzAA#v=onepage&q&f=false
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bump

>tfw haven't been in church in more than a year

You have to go back.

fuck off heimbach

>Orthodoxy General
>still not Apostolic General
>or even High Church General

I want to start going again, but I'm at uni and there's no close church near me. At least an Orthodox club is opening up here

>t. guy who only starts Catholic generals

Catholic Generals were largely before /his/ made Orthodoxy popular here.
I mentioned in the last thread that I have been interested in doing Apostolic Generals and there was a discussion about doing High Church Generals or Apostolic Generals. So far it seems the discussion didn't change a thing.

BASED RABBI DESTROYS THE JESUS MYTH.
youtube.com/watch?v=bSe0E1Mp2Ss

Catholic and Orthodox theology are very different. Also there is nothing "High Church" about Low Mass. Also, "Apostolic," in Orthodox theology, means holding fast to the teachings of the Apostles, which we don't think Catholics really do.

I'd be down if someone got the ball rolling. Orthodox general alone gets too many butthurt Muslims shitposting and not enough believers.

>BASED RABBI
Sure thing Chaim

Catholics left the Orthodox Church nearly a thousand years ago, why should Orthodox feel the need to make them feel included?

>too many butthurt Muslims shitposting and not enough believers.
That was one guy

Watch it again.

Jesus is buried under a tree in Safed.

>>>/jg/

I don't get it.

Jewish General

fags

In the book of Depravations it reads, “Look! Jesa's dwelling place is now among men, and they shall dwell in her creamy cookie. They will be her fuck-toys, and Dog himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every cumshot from her eyes, and there will be no more empty nuts or edging or blueballs or shame, for the old order of things has passed away. He who was seated on the throne said, 'Behold, I am making every fucked pussy new!' Then he said, 'Write this down and cum on it, for these words are trustworthy, faithful and true.'"

In the Book of Puke we read (New Interracial Version):
>And lo, libertines from the future did invent a time machine, and in the depths of their lust, they did travel back to ancient Galilee, and in their haste, they came upon a jewess sleeping in a barn like a fucking beast, and ye, they did fuck her pussy and ass and until the flesh between those two blessed holes did collapse and form one meathole. And in nine months this jewess, named Mary, was found to be with bastard child from their cum.
>And Dog sent Gaybriel to Nazareth, a town in Playandleave, to talk to the hoe. And the hoes' name was Mary, though she was transitioning into Gary at the time. The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you whore who are highly favored! The Dog is with you. Woof.”
>Long story short Mary was like WTF but Gaybriel said “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with Dat Nigga Dog. You will conceive and give birth to a daughter, and you are to call her Jesa. She will be a great whore and will be called the Daughter of the Most High Nigga. The Dogfather will give her the cum of her father Gayvid, and she will reign over Jackoff’s descendants forever; her cumdom will never end.”
>But Mary was faded so it didn't mean shit.

Why are you so bitter against Christianity? What did we do to you?

C..can I get a source on this?

Christians please go back to your sand place with the other sand people.

Leave us people of the forest, mountains, seas, plains, and everything else that isn't fucking sand alone.

> tfw just go to church to meet girls and fuck the jesus out of them

Israel is sand alone?

It's just a stupid belief system. And it's very potent, it seeps into people's lives and ruins it. It's like a virus, that lives by getting passed on. It does nothing to enrich your life, like any other religion, it just invents problems (hell, separation form a made-up god, samsara, satan, etc) and then gives you "solutions" to the very problem it made up. Religion is like telling people they have been cursed by witchcraft them selling them anti-witchcraft amulets. If it wasn't for religion, you wouldn't even think about god, or the church sacraments, or the writings, or any of the other silly shit people with religious mania obsess over.

Life is such a simple ordeal, and what is good is plain to see, you don't need a book or a preacher to take your money and tell you a bunch of nonsense. I don't hate christianity because that implies it has an effect on me. It doesn't. I wasn't raised in a religious family, I didn't suffer directly because of religion. It's just silly and stupid to me.

I know I know, it's somehow different for you than it was for all those other religious boneheads throughout all history, YOU are right and they were all stupid. I just kinda think you are all stupid.

Now be sanctimonious and say you'll pray for me, and say "Oh, Christians are persecuted in the world, it says so in the Book of Niggers chapter 69, remember lads to remain faithful."

>Yea, we worship the daughter of the jewish Dog and his waifu Mary, who later transitioned to Gary. Her name is Jesa, and unless we eat her ass and drink her cum, we shall never be saved. Halleblewya!

Do you think atheism is better for society?

But Jesa said, "I tell you, do not resist a libertine. If anyone holds you down and fucks your mouth, turn to them your ass as well."

I don't care about society. This whole thing is a giant mess and it means nothing to me what happens to society.

I think the ideal human being would be independent, free, able to delight in his family and wine and good food and art, able to work hard for himself and others, to protect his little corner, etc. I don't think religion makes a man into any of that.

If we all become atheists and SJW and give hamburgers the same rights as people and have 47 genders I don't care about any of that. It's stupid, but society is stupid now. I'll be who I am, but at least I won't be artless, worrying about old Jewish bullshit and jacking off thinking about how awesome it's gonna be to the Timeless Halls of Eru or w/e.

You don't think religious families have a higher chance of stability than atheist families?

/POLITICS/

I don't care about religious families or atheist families. You have such poverty of thought, you are just repeating shit you've heard from other people. I literally don't care if every family on earth dies. It means nothing to me.

I do care that people constantly try to shovel horseshit at me, telling me about sending farts to Allah or praying to Jew Jesus or hipster Buddhists who don't know what the Four Noble Truths are. I'm sick to death of it of mankind and their ideas about shit. Fear is such a powerful thing that almost every aspect of life is based around combating fear. Fear of death, brown people, white people, not having enough, having too much and keeping it. Fear everywhere. The world's largest religion is based around overcoming the fear of death. Not celebrating life and art and the parts of us that transcend our human nature, none of that means anything in the face of "please nigger jesus save me from dying". I don't care about concepts like religion or society or whatever else madeup shit you people use to justify your nonsense.

But in this context, you're the one trying to shovel. It's a thread for religious people, and you came in pushing your ideology on us.

Also, can really be sure religion doesn't care about art? Especially Orthodox Christianity?

Honestly I feel conflicted. I love the Orthodox Church and Christianity in general. I think I have an issue with really imagining all non-Christians going to hell though. I guess I don't exactly see why faith in Jesus is necessary. For example Zoroastrianism and Sikhism doesn't make faith a requirement to get into heaven. Sikhism even teaches that God created many paths because a single path wouldn't work for all of humanity and that makes sense to me. Zoroastrians emphasize that good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is all God asks for and this also makes sense to me. Having faith and belief to enter heaven though seems strange to me.

We don't claim to know who is going to hell. Also, hell in Orthodoxy is a bit more "mystical", if you will, than hell as conceived of by other Christians.

This isn't a religious board and seeing your threads makes me want to puke.

Religion cares about religious art. Art that promotes the religion. It always fucking baffles me that christians claim that their god is the author of beauty, he's a perfect being with no unrealized potential, he is the highest Good, etc, yet they are so artless as a people. This perfect being indwells them, and they are unoriginal, boring boneheads. Painting pictures of white jesus is not art. It's rubbish.

Art is a peculiar thing, it appears where you least expect it, it cannot be duplicated when it comes, and trying to produce it almost always fails. It's a single moment in time that, in it's excellence, validates the rest of this worthless universe. It's rarely found in paintings or sculpture, sometimes found in poetry or music, but most often found in a single perfect moment of experience. Looking at paintings of Hercules or a tree or something is barely art. True art is an experience, a way of seeing things. Anything short of that is a shadow.

Cultivate your mind, see even a bit of this, and then religion looks like a nigger jacking off onto a piece of toast, then eating it. It's vulgar, stupid, worthless compared to the kind of thing i'm talking about.

If you don't think religion effects politics you're a retard. Go ask Putin if the Orthodox Church doesn't influence politics. Go ask the Saudis if Islam doesn't effect Saudi Arabia. Go ask if Hinduism doesn't effect India. Hell just look at the strength evangelicals have on the US. If religion didn't influence politics Trump and Hilary wouldn't be visiting churches. Religion on a politics board makes plenty of sense.

Of course religion effects politics. But your threads aren't about how religion effects politics. They're about circlejerking about your stupid sect.
Stop being obtuse you manchild.

Nothing is stopping anyone from discussing that in the thread. Nothing is also stopping you from hiding the thread and filtering it.

I'm not hiding shit or ignoring shit. I'm gonna post whatever I want in this thread, for as long as I want, which is gonna be daily from now on. You can't do anything about it. Your whole religion, outlook, point of view, etc. is stupid, shallow and boring and I hate it, and I'm going to spam shit and ruin the thread until I get bored. Keep hiding my posts, I'll just reset the router and post more.

Jesus is a lie, and religion is a hard stone that greater men than you have broken themselves on since time began. Your faith a plague, both in your own life and in everyone elses.

Consider that virtually all art until the Renaissance was religious art.. Consider that the hard distinction between philosophy and theology didn't exist until Spinoza.

I'm not considering shit. Religion had man bent over a barrel and made their greatest artists create nonsense or else be thrown in fucking prison, or be exiled, or be destitute.
The Mona Lisa captures what I was talking about earlier, it's the greatest work of art ever produced, it's not christian though, and you don't know how many Christians I've heard say "It's just a stupid painting of a woman". Bukowski was just a drunk, Whitman was just a fag, Thoreau stared at ducks in a pond all day, Emmerson was an apostate, etc. etc. You people don't know jack shit about what life is all about. You people are a fucking plague on this world.

Who is that girl in pic user?

You mean the same religion that would pay tons of money to artists so they could create works of art instead of them having to spend their days toiling fields or something and never create anything?

that's me irl

really? post more. how old are you?

>it's the greatest work of art ever produced
How, what? It's a meme that gained notoriety by being stolen. I'm not saying it isn't a great work of art, but as far as non-Christian works go, Laocoon and His Sons would be a better paragon, or Michelangelo's David (which is only ostensibly Christian). Da Vinci's greatest painting is the Last Supper. There are plenty of non-Christian paintings to choose from, though, why would you choose the Mona Lisa? Why not Munch's "The Scream" or Hoblein's "The Ambassadors"?

What are you even arguing. Just shut up and go back to praying to your Jew madeup fable.

Nietzsche go to bed

Gonna need some sauce on this, senpai.

So you're denying the church paid artists to create works of art? That they kept the monks fed and comfortable so they could write books? How about the composers who were paid to create music for the church? How about all the schools, hospitals, and universities the church founded?

>How, what? It's a meme that gained notoriety by being stolen. I'm not saying it isn't a great work of art, but as far as non-Christian works go, Laocoon and His Sons would be a better paragon, or Michelangelo's David (which is only ostensibly Christian). Da Vinci's greatest painting is the Last Supper. There are plenty of non-Christian paintings to choose from, though, why would you choose the Mona Lisa? Why not Munch's "The Scream" or Hoblein's "The Ambassadors"?
yawn lets argue some pigment on canvas that sounds fun, i love to argue art with people who never do anything interesting and who sit in their house and look at statues of jesus and think "woa this is so awesome"
great i cant wait lets do this, im sure you're gonna change and blow my mind
oh boy

>Laocoon and His Sons would be a better paragon
who in the fuck talks like this

I'm Orthodox, we don't use statues in religion.

I'm not really looking to change your opinion that secular art is superior to religious art, I just think it's strange you'd choose the Mona Lisa as the pinnacle of secular art

>You people don't know jack shit about what life is all about.
Please tell me about what life is, sempai

I'm pretty big into art too. I wrote a thread on it here.

What, in your opinion, is the point of art? Catharsis?

>I just think it's strange
oh you do huh, tell me more about your thoughts on various things, i want to know more
do you think it's strange that Jesus had two dicks and the devil has two mouths, that seems strange doesn it
a dead nigger baby, shot dead by a driveby, and a single dove flies out of his gunshot wound
god is love

C'mon, dude, I'm not trying to get on your case.

who is this mammary armory

>What, in your opinion, is the point of art? Catharsis?
what in the living fuck is this nigga talking about
art having a point? catharsis? are you fucking stupid
art doesn't have a point, none of this shit has a point
art is like a kick in the balls
your living your life and its stupid and you hate it, but then a moment comes and it kicks you in the dick, spits in your mouth, and then leaves
it's amazing, it floors you, it validates the bullshit, it leaves you on the floor
art is like a nigger playing the knockout game
your walking along them bam, it hits you
there's no purpose to it, no rhyme or reason to it, it just happens
how fucking stupid are you, looking for a fucking scholarly definition of art
i sat the mona lisa is captivating because i look at it and its like reading a book in ten volumes, its saying something, and you can look at it for hours and it says something again and again for as long as you look
its like watching a woman eat
how could i explain what it means to me, when you are looking for top ten art lists and scholarly definitions, i hate you

So Burke's conception of "the sublime"?

me irl

bartleby.com/24/2/

>Please tell me about what life is, sempai
Life is climbing into a rich white guys basement after drinking a sixer of Natty Light, finding his 6 year old blonde beauty pageant daughter who came downstairs for pineapple, strangling her, rubbing your cock on her panties, seeing the life leave her eyes, feeling alive for a brief moment, then climbing back out the basement window and fleeing into the night. And decades later you got away with it, and you turn on CBS and they're blaming her retarded brother the murder.
>tfw you got away with it
>mfw

How can you hate religion, but think posts like these are food for humanity?

Why not?

It's fascinating how beautiful Orthodox chants can be. I remember the first time I visited an Orthodox service it sending chills down my spine.

youtube.com/watch?v=hQAgrCuKwPc

>food for humanity

youtube.com/watch?v=QhnsC2V4_0w

lol @ this cat
youtube.com/watch?v=ukfiRC6uGEo

But you could downplay all art by this.

you seem to not get that i purposefully resist attempts by myself or anyone else to define art, to categorize it, to describe it in a dry scholarly way, to make a movement out of it, to structure or justify it
doing that is stupid and pointless
i have told you how i feel, that should be enough
i dont care about your thoughts on burke, who was a fucking retard christian btw, or any other comparisons to what im saying to anyone else
i wonder, if inside you somewhere, is some real shit that you havent read in some stale ass book, maybe an experience or something no one else has had, thats yours
i doubt it
its probably just "lol jesus owns" and "i wonder if this is like burke"

i dont give a fuck if your idea of art is upheld or downplayed or cummed on by a nigger
what does that matter? your poverty of thought makes me want to puke

Books can't be artistic.

If then can, then why do you say reading is "stale"?

oh fucking christ
what is greater? the poem, or the event, the emotion, the moment that inspired the poem? the answer is obvious, even to one as stupid as you
literature and poetry and paintings and sculptures and my shit molded into the form a maiden are all "art" to a lesser degree, but all pale in comparison to a certain moment in time, a moment of beauty, a feeling that "everything is alright", to watching a woman eat, to entering a strange woman's bedroom in anticipation, to eating a perfect meal near the fire when your mood is right, to drinking under the stars, to taking a walk on the pier and seeing a man being so patient with his retard son, to seeing love in action, to the feeling of a festival, to diving into ice cold water in alaska in the heart of winter, to making love to a woman that is dear to you, to pushing snow off a balcony and watching it crash down below, to taking the life of little JonBenet, to being utterly alone in the woods at midnight
a book is a stale shadow of reality and they should be given limited weight in determining what is valuable in our lives

But a lot of great art is hardly inspired by the feeling of contentedness (which is accessible to even flies).

Is the music of Carmina Burana (which is a bit trite, but so is the Mona Lisa), an expression of the feelings you described?

holy fuck this is a dead thread, huh? im gonna leave for a while because im just bumping it for no reason, you people make me want to puke
you're all gonna live fucked up lives and die angry btw, because your entire "life" is based on a bullshit fable

mf said trite

youtube.com/watch?v=GKSRyLdjsPA
this fucking video looked so trendy and stupid, but the dancing kicked me in the dick and was so beautiful
its just some fame hungry little tart dancing but something amazing comes through
i dont know anything about who you posted but its probably shit, sorry

youtube.com/watch?v=FWiyKgeGWx0

Christianity is the spiritual ancestor of Bolshevism

bump
there is a christiangeneral on the Cred Forums discord group also

How? Bolshevism is about ceasing the wealth from the elites, Christianity disparages acquisition of wealth.

*seizing

lol @ that quote
If I was Gadreel standing over the walls of Eden and Lucifer came to me in the genius of his evil and the brilliance of his light, how could I not fall to him? This so called artless "God" has a stern countenance, but Lucifer is so easy to love. Freedom or Subjugation to the Eternal Tyrant? Gee I wonder which I would choose. God can suck my cock.

Satan subjugates you to sin.

such poverty of thought, such narrow terms

fuck you. you are posting lewd stuff in a thread that is dedicated to the discussion of God and his words. you should be ashamed of yourself

blow me faggot

>Believing a book that blatantly states its contents are false

What the fuck, man

>But I am a son of satan and I go to hell

How do you know this?

>I-I saw it! It happened and I believe this!

You did? You remember what happened in a book that lies?

who the fuck are you even talking to

You all?

Do you believe a book that lies because somehow you believe you belong into hell because you were told so?

(((Orthodox Christianity)))

i dont believe shit
i think jesus was a fag who blew a nigger
im just trying to find out what your even saying

Go ahead and read, fag

Jeremiah 8:8

No really, read it

Read a literal translation of the verse

Too soon

>Jeremiah 8:8

Says the same

MUDSLIME DETECTED

why did you leave this part out on "Orthodox Church on immigration"

>But even more inexorable factor driving migration was the spread of hedonic quasi -religion capturing not only elite, but also the broad masses of people in countries with high living standards. Renunciation of procreation for the most careless, smug and personal existence becomes signs of the times. The popularization of the ideology of child-free, the cult of childless and without family life for themselves lead to a reduction in the population in the most seemingly prosperous societies.

>We must not forget that the commandment to all the descendants of Adam and Eve, said: "Fill the earth and subdue it."… Anyone who does not want to continue his race will inevitably have to give way to the ground for those who prefer having children over material well-being.

>I'm not considering shit.
I think we all gathered that.

Catholics and Orthodox Christians have been the last bulwark in trying to hold Western traditionalism together.
We need to stand together through our faith if we hope to fix the state of the world today.

The word is the Hebrew one for "vapor", which can be used to mean futility, vanity, lies, pointlessness, and so on.

RCC started supporting modernism with Vatican II

You're posting about religion on a board that is dedicated to politics and news. If you want to merely discuss orthodox christianity you could take it to /his/ where it belongs. But that's not what you're doing, you're trying to convert us.

So why not just take drugs and have that high go on, and on and on? I mean, who cares if it is not honest? After all, that is not what life is about.

The Eucharist is the ultimate redpill. The Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom is the proper worship of the Holy Trinity.

+++Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me a sinner+++

vocaroo.com/i/s0CygkbXEKV1

The what now? I probably am the guy you need to know about and you don't even know about because it is God who saves

One day I was made a promise by a God, I would be under angels at first, but everything would be mine and for me, and I would be kind, and I have been made this promise in this life, some years ago.

Could be a substitute, but when I remember that promise? God gives me shit (don't ask, be happy, don't be an enemy).

But again, the promise was made in a dream complete, and it could be only greatness, anyway, if I were you, I'd just give glory to God while disregarding the commandments and reminding him that where there is no law known no sin is incurred, or do you know of a law that doesn't have this problem? No, and you don't know God's name either, so don't use anything other than "God".

you're insane

God gives you your very existence.

>take drugs and have that high go on, and on and on

Drugs don't work like that. If they did I probably would, but in reality you end up miserable.

It was the zionists and globalists that started to turn the church into a modernized shithole.
There are many Catholics like me that reject modernism and globalism and try to uphold traditional values.
We need to stay together.

>God gives you your very existence.
god aint real

>kind

KING, a prince if you must.

But hey, it was a dream after God revealed himself to me, so it must be bullshit.

And you're inane

Yes, and? I'll tell you what's and, and that promise.

And that promise was made to me, it can mean greatness or the crown of life, I dont go as far as to say this, I merely suggest it, but I certainly don't go trusting a book that blatantly states to lie.

>Drugs don't work like that. If they did I probably would, but in reality you end up miserable.
Take shrooms, then. Not cocaine.
>living for the high
You will go down. Burn brightly, and you dim. That is the way. You live, then you die.

KILL YOURSELVES JEW SLAVES

How do you guys feel about Hitler?

God exists in you.
You have the will to take his guidance and become a whole human being or go against his will and become a man of materialism.

Shouts the meatbag machine, who doesn't believe in freedom, really.

yep

best drug is reality along with occasional tripping to help you find your passion. or you can bow down to jewslave jesus, this seemed to work for my friend who is a 21 year old married to a 50+ year old fat mexican whore

bullshit
you're just saying that because you read it somewhere and liked the idea
you are an artless, pointless human being who understands nothing
i hate you

An enemy of Orthodoxy

He had the right idea. But lacked in competence and went drunk with power.

holy shit the edge is almost too much. You are most likely a 13 year old boy. The fact that you do not understand the basic social uses of religion than you must be retarded.

taking shrooms every sounds stressful, not pleasurable

haha hes a teen boy

>I think the ideal human being would be independent, free, able to delight in his family and wine and good food and art, able to work hard for himself and others, to protect his little corner, etc. I don't think religion makes a man into any of that.

you do realize all those things exists because of (Christian) society right?

Assuming you're redpilled on the Holocaust, would you support it if it happened?

Shouldn't this be on /his/?

>I'm scared
Well, you probably do belong in the schizo category, so it would be indeed dangerous for you. However, they would make you reconsider your stances.

>literally every post of yours is in denial of something/everything
>not seeing the irony

No, since it has news articles.

vocaroo.com/i/s112zvT9DRaO

thezog.info/who-controls-donald-trump/

youtube.com/watch?v=TvI_TLZ6Wuc

youtube.com/watch?v=ktX4viox8zY

youtube.com/watch?v=ndRj2NtsmvM

youtube.com/watch?v=RymaodaYc0E

youtube.com/watch?v=cja6N-KGYPY

youtube.com/watch?v=xUQv3iv9fqk

thezog.info/list-summaries/

>(Christian) society

You don't follow what you claim is christian, you're fucked from all sides because you don't even know what religion you are following because you give yourselves to lies believing that being good is not fucking, you're this retarded, how is fucking evil? Is eating delicious things evil too?

What a bunch of retards, and if satan tells them that fire is nice they jump and burn forever because they think the faggot is going to be legit any day, kek.

Everyone knows nothing. Being able to admit that is the first step one can take on the path of enlightenment.
If you abandon your material ways and turn towards discipline and righteousness, you can do anything you set your mind to.
Never.

>Everyone knows nothing. Being able to admit that is the first step one can take on the path of enlightenment.
>If you abandon your material ways and turn towards discipline and righteousness, you can do anything you set your mind to.
bullshit

Getting chrismated soon bros

Christ is in our midst!

True stuff, broski. We're more than just flesh and blood.

saint cuckifer

One more question: What is /og/'s position on the personhood of nonwhites? Why did God make some races dumber than others?

All human beings are persons.

How are you quantifying intelligence? Holy Fools are highly respected in Orthodoxy

IQ scores. Do blacks count as human beings?

Because he gave some races the will to deliver their knowledge onto those whom need help.
Those who reach enlightenment have a responsibility to go down and use their knowledge to change the way people think for the better. That's why whites are built superior to googles in intellect.
I believe there's a time when that will change and we'll go forth to make things better.

>Catholics have been the last bulwark in trying to hold Western tradition together

This, in the West the catholic church has been instrumental in slowing down degeneracy.

It's just an excuse for them to talk about their religion though, which is what /his/ is for. If it was to discuss that news story it would neither be called a general or have the other useless general shit. These threads are always filled with the same general shitters and if we're lucky that /his/ shitposter who tries to convert everyone to orthodoxy shows up. It's a fucking shit show.

Though if it's about discussing news and politics, we can talk about how the Patriarch of Moscow is a corrupt political tool for Putin to the point he caused a schism with the Church of Kiev.

Those aren't how God quantifies intelligence.

Blacks are absolutely human beings, do you even Ethiopian Orthodox?

Not just us Catholics, but all types of Christians have been fighting hard to hold up traditionalism.

The Church of Kiev is only in "schism" by the Ukrainian Parliament's push, it has zero to do with the clergy.

>Blacks are absolutely human beings
How can this be possible? They're so dumb and violent.

youtube.com/watch?v=5bWHSpmXEJs

They are lead astray, some blacks are good.
I lost a couple of IQ points watching this.

The Thirty Years War, the English Civil War the Seven Years War,, the Napoleon Wars, the Franco-Prussian War, WWI, and WWII, were not stupid or violent?

Depends on the Christian, Catholicism was a major source to stop degeneracy. I believe it was because it has organization, structure and money.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Legion_of_Decency

I personally don't belong to any church, but was raised Catholic, I believe the Catholic community is a strong factor which keeps people moral. Although it is being corroded by degeneracy and corruption as well.

Lutherans honestly just make me sad.

This 100%
Globalists are trying to slowly corrupt the church as much as they can and use it as another tool to try and control people.

They were violent, but they were at least fought for a reason. Blacks are violent for no reason.

That's amazing, do you know where that is?

Vatican II reeks of Masonic filth

More coming Deus Vult guys
Keep praying

Definitely, just look at how they promote Pope Francis as some kind of moral Progressive. They begin to like Christianity when it starts to lose its values, and being Christian becomes meaningless.

Do you read E. Michael Jones, he's somebody I've been quite interested in, he criticizes Judaism and usury. He's well read, and written several books.

culturewars.com is his website.

Constantinople

Recently discovered faith again but I'm not in any church because of the Swedish Church's strange views on social issues.

But I had a thought the other day: what if the reason the world is going to shit, and every western country is collapsing, is that when it is at the darkest, Christ will return and those who still have faith will join him?

Also, a question: I was baptized as a baby by a female priest, does that still count? Or do I have to have it redone?

Haven't heard of him. I just got into a book by Raido in which he explains the fundamental need for traditionalism in society. It's a mind blowing little book.
I'll have to Check up on some of E. Michel.

Ask a priest on that one.

The world has fallen into this state in direct correlation with the removal of the Eucharist from the lives of everyday people. The Eucharist is a truth that becomes the lens through which we should view every other aspect our lives.

They have reasons

I think you need to be baptized by a man. I have been trying different churches myself, my Catholic church is still the best I think. Although I just try to do what it says in the Bible.

>Raido

Who's that?

I'm not very well versed in theology, but could someone critique this little theory I have concerning the differences in theology between Orthodoxy and the Latins?

Where Orthodoxy and Catholicism seem to conflict, there is ultimately little conflict, at the base level. When the two Churches argue about the Essence-Energies distinction, neither is wrong, they are merely concerned about different questions. The Latin is interested in understanding the reality of the distinct Persons in the Godhead, whereas the Orthodox is interested in how we experience them. When the two churches argue about filioque, neither is wrong; Catholics are attempting to realize the relationship and order of the Persons, whereas Orthodoxy is focused upon the unified intention of those Persons.

Does this sound correct, or is my theory bullshit?

Not really. They just feel random fits of animalistic rage and lash out at the nearest person.

Couldn't tell you. I think it's a pen name.
The book is called A Handbook on Traditional Living. Here's a pdf you can skim through on it:
ia902600.us.archive.org/12/items/RadicalTraditionalist/A-Handbook-of-Traditional-Living-Raido.pdf

womenintheology.org/2014/04/30/to-my-white-nationalist-brothers/

Cred Forums BTFO

In addition to the dogma of the Pope, the Roman Catholic heresy currently holds the heresies of the Dual Causation of the Holy Spirit, God as a Tripartite Energy (with Created Grace being a further heretical consequence), Purgatory and the Papal Treasury of Merits, Development of Dogma, the Divine Inspiration and Salvific Nature of all Religions (a heresy stemming from the 20th-century Freemasonic takeover of the Vatican), the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary, the Sacramentalogy of Opere Operato, etc., as well as the canonical violations of claiming jurisdiction for the Pope in all dioceses, adding to the Nicene-Constantinopolitan Creed, Rejection of Married Priests, Mutation or Mutilation of the Mysteries of Holy Baptism, Chrismation, Confession, and Lord’s Divine Liturgy and Eucharist (unleavened wafers, removal of the invocation of the Holy Spirit, etc.), and the papal decrees ordering or sanctioning the robbery, torture, murder, enslavement, and other forms of inhuman maltreatment of insubordinate or non-Roman Catholic persons.

Why do you continue to larp?

Heil Singularity!

Redone. Women can't be priests, and any denomination that accepts female priests is probably heretical too.

To find out the true Christian denomination, go watch the channel Vatican Catholic on Youtube. They're a sedevacantist denomination, a continuation of the old Catholic Church before the Vatican II Council and the Antipope John XXIII destroyed it.

>wen u finally get chrism8d

Nothin like it

Your theory is correct from a Catholic perspective, which holds that dogma is relative, and you can have different perspectives that are both valid. The Orthodox position, however, is that dogma is absolute, and only the Apostolic perspective is valid.

OKay I'm done

Defending Jews, the blogpost

Thank you m8.

Welcome aboard!

>true Christian
>schismatic

If something requires "apostolic perspective", than the Nicene council was unnecessary. If nothing more can be said of the trinity than what the Apostles said, then it would have beem impossible to conquer the Arian heresy. On this basis, there is nothing wrong with expounding upon the principals espoused by the Apostles, and disambiguating them.

Also, the Orthodox teaching of Essence-Energy differentiation, while being something I hold to be true, is a very late innovation, not of Apostolic origin.

great trips, but no, just picked it off of here

thank you

t.not orthodox

As a sidenote, I'm not a Catholic. I am vehemently opposed to many Catholic doctrines (immaculate conception of Mary, Purgatory, unmarried clergy, etc).

And also forgive me if the proposition above sounds overly assertive, but I am attempting to determine a proper perspective on such matters, and being assertive might be necessary. I thank you all for any replies in advance.

>than the Nicene council was unnecessary
The Nicene's councils sole purpose was to affirm the Apostolic perspective over heretical perspectives that were being propagated.

The Apostles might not have used the terminology, but they had the same perspective. Just like they didn't speak English, but their perspective can be expressed in English. The terms were solely coined to *prevent* their perspectives from being distorted from those who tried to twist them.

No idea what have those mean desu, but stuff like no marriage for priests is just a discipline. They don't claim the Bible bans married priests or anything, it's just a rule for them made by the Church.

Also Orthodoxy is heretical because it doesn't recognise the position of the Pope and Papal Succession starting with Saint Peter. Jesus Himself made Saint Peter the first Pope. Ignoring that succession and position in favour of the Byzantime Emperor's lapdog was where the Greeks went wrong.

Ok, here's one more from England, had to show it. It's brighter in person

>Also, the Orthodox teaching of Essence-Energy differentiation, while being something I hold to be true, is a very late innovation, not of Apostolic origin.
This is also wrong, it was taught by the early Church Fathers, and surely by the Apostles.
suscopts.org/q&a/index.php?qid=1246&catid=383

The idea that God cannot be known in essence is present throughout the Bible (see 1 Timothy 6:16, for example)

Rather, it is Actus Purus which was introduced later, a conception taken from Aristotle, not the Apostles.

The Ecumenical Patriarchs originally recognised the Popes as being the Head of the Church. So you're the schismatics, not us.

We need another crusade. Killing the Muslim vermin is our only shot at saving the western world.

>1 Timothy 6:16, for example)
contrast with 2 Corinthians 4:6, which describes God's energies

The Crusades were done by the Catholics, not the Orthodoxes(is that the term?)

Honorary heads, not heads in the sense of universal jurisdiction or ability to speak infallibly at will.

Orthodox is the plural as well as singular.

heraclitus was the first og nigga

To play the devil's advocate, wasn't the Byzantine Empire Orthodox?

Orthodox metaphysics are actually pretty much the opposite of Heraclitean metaphysics. Heraclitus sees flux as the principle of everything, the Orthodox see an immutable God as the principle of everything, and we strive to join him in being immutable. All movement, in Orthodoxy, is either towards the immutable, or toward the mutable.

no offense but
>ottoman empire conquered orthodox territories
>no answer
>moors conquered catholic territories
>expelled

Found some more for you, one of the earliest pictures of paul ever right here

So how do the Ecumenical Patriarchs justify calling themselves the Heads now? How do they justify usurping the Pope's position as Head of the Church because they felt he had too much power?

>ability to speak infallibly at will

You seem to misunderstand the requirements for Papal Infallibility. Also, Papal Infallibility has its roots going back to the first Ecumemical Councils. It's not something that was invented by the Catholic Church during or after the schism.

>today
>Orthodox still defiant
>Pope John Paul kisses Koran
>gets canonized saint
>Pope Francis says saying Europe's roots are Christian is spiteful and colonialist, and so the new Muslim mayor should be applauded

The EP doesn't have any serious power except over Greeks outside of Greece, and even then it's rather limited, he can't just boss around another Greek bishop, or dethrone him without an approval of the synod.

>Also, Papal Infallibility has its roots going back to the first Ecumemical Councils.
No it doesn't.

shut up faggots and enjoy the damn art or quote something nice

>>Pope John Paul kisses Koran
>>gets canonized saint
>>Pope Francis says saying Europe's roots are Christian is spiteful and colonialist, and so the new Muslim mayor should be applauded

I'm sure no Orthodox clergy have ever done something disagreeable.

Sure have, our last Ecumenical Patriarch rescinded the anathemas against Rome, which was so controversial he was stricken from the liturgical prayers on Mount Athos. HOWEVER, we didn't make a saint, so not really comparable.

*didn't canonize him a saint

Touché, this is getting surrealist. Every serious catholic I've met hates this pope though.

this thread needs more Nevsky actually

It's Vatican II's fault

>The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

-Nostra aetate

>But the plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator. In the first place amongst these there are the Muslims, who, professing to hold the faith of Abraham, along with us adore the one and merciful God, who on the last day will judge mankind.
-Lumen gentium

The schism happened in 1054, after which the Byzantine Empire started falling to the Turks. They failed to expand at all after that point, instead losing land quite rapidly.

That's Gabriel again

meanwhile today, the RCC actively promotes losing territory to Muslims while Orthodox Christians struggle

>the one and merciful God
>muslim

Orthodox brothers, I may side with you when the time comes...would you accept us, anti-vatican II catholics?

Dude, the Orthodox are basically anti-Vatican II Catholics except we saw where the bus was going way earlier than that

>In 2014, addressing a question raised on the family, he argued that church doctrine can change over time, and "doesn't depend on the spirit of time but can develop over time." "Saying that the doctrine will never change is a restrictive view of things," Marx later clarified at a Vatican press conference. "The core of the Catholic Church remains the Gospel, but have we discovered everything? This is what I doubt."[12]

>We have to respect the decisions of people. We have to respect also, as I said in the first synod on the family — some were shocked, but I think it’s normal — you cannot say that a relationship between a man and a man, and they are faithful, [that] that is nothing, that has no worth,

>He said it was up to the state “to make regulations for homosexuals so they have equal rights or nearly equal . . . but marriage is another point,” adding that the state “has to regulate these partnerships and to bring them into a just position, and we as church cannot be against it

>The history of homosexuals in our societies is very bad because we’ve done a lot to marginalize [them],” he said, adding that as a Church and as a society “we’ve also to say ‘sorry, sorry.’

youtube.com/watch?v=6Zbi0XmGtMw

Sedevacantism is the truth. Every Pope since John XXIII has been a false antipope. The College of Cardinals announced the election of a Pope with white smoke but then redacted it before finally selecting him and re-announcing it. Look up Vatican Catholic on Youtube to learn more about what happened at his election and the heresy of Vatican II.

youtube.com/user/mhfm1/videos

youtube.com/watch?v=BhSpqWOo51o

The Orthodox are filthy schismatics. They're just as bad as the Vatican II sect. The true Catholic faith still remains.

youtube.com/watch?v=VVf31G3q-RM

I think you must reconsider if the See of Rome is actually the rock, even if Peter himself is.

Keep in mind Vatican II was voted in overwhelmingly.

The true Catholic faith that doesn't see the See of Rome as the linchpin of the Church?

The day they fully accept gays and, most importantly, gay marriage (they are against it, even if it looks like they are not) they will be condemned.
They would have broken the most basic cathechism of the Catholic Church. I can't find the exact text in english, but it surely does. And that would be HERESY.

What do I do if I want to be a Catholic but not a dudekissingmoorslmao catholic? Do I have to be baptized on the Catholic church?

By the way, what about Benedict XVI? He is part of the Vatican II, but he looks pretty based to be honest.

>In April 2012, the election of a young gay man who was living in a registered same-sex partnership to a pastoral council in Vienna was vetoed by the parish priest. After meeting with the couple, Schönborn reinstated him. He later advised in a homily that priests must apply a pastoral approach that is "neither rigorist nor lax" in counselling Catholics who "don't live according to [God's] master plan".[38]

>Schönborn is a member of the Elijah Interfaith Institute Board of World Religious Leaders.[31]

>Elijah Interfaith Institute is a nonprofit, international, interfaith organization which was founded by Rabbi Alon Goshen-Gottstein in 1997.

Here is the Pope meeting a gay couple
bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-34428407

This guy is a close friend of his an instrumental in his election

>interfaith organization which was founded by Rabbi Alon Goshen-Gottstein in 1997.
>interfaith

What should a catholic man do then?

Do the Eastern Orthodox Church believe even Christians baptized in another church, e.g., the Roman Catholic Church, are going to hell, like the Roman Catholics? Even (Especially) Protestant Christians?

Be a part of the Orthodox Catholic Church.

We don't claim to know who's going to hell.

Not really, thanks. I believe the core of the church is corrupt, not the actual catechism and teachings. Also, I believe in Paul being the stone it was built on.

>True art is an experience, a way of seeing things. Anything short of that is a shadow.

You're perfectly entitled to have your own private definition of "art," but that's not what art is.

Art is a virtue of the practical intellect. That's how one person defined it. It's not the only way to define it, but it's far more accurate than your opine.

Then the teaching that it was built on Peter's chair is false.

Also, the Filioque is wrong, it is not supported by ANY of the Church Fathers. And by "wrong," I don't just mean the word, I mean the RCC teaching of what it means, which is that Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son as one principle--Saint Augustine said the Spirit proceeds principally from the Father, but also from the Son. No Church Father said the Spirit proceeded from the Father and the Son as one principle.

How do you feel about the Donation of Constantine? It was affirmed by the Popes as true.

They're hiding his nose

There's a guide to that somewhere on the Most Holy Family Monastery's website. I would link it but I'm on my phone and it'd be well too much hassle.

>Saint Augustine said the Spirit proceeds principally from the Father, but also from the Son
I don't understand the logic or theology behind this. Doesn't this make the Trinity lopsided to the Father? I thought each person in the Trinity were supposed to be equal to each other.

I don't know about that Donation. In fact I am not even catholic but I am looking forward to it. I will look it up.
It's kind of late here, I am sleepy. I hope we all defeat degeneracy and falsehood, being catholic or orthodox. We in the West are being intoxicated by modernism and shit we all know about.

Does the Holy Spirit beget the Son? Does that make the Holy Spirit unequal to the Son?

Thanks.

faggots

it's what triggered the schism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_of_Constantine

>bullshit
>you're just saying that because you read it somewhere and liked the idea
>you are an artless, pointless human being who understands nothing
>i hate you

He made you for Himself,
and your heart will be restless until it rests in Him.

You literally just repeated the same thing but reworded. "No, no, it proceeding from the Father and the Son is heresy. The truth is that it proceeds from the Father, but also the Son."

>tfw never been to a church, raised by an atheist

What does it imply? That the emperor was bought by the pope or what? He just gave more power to the pope.

It proceeds principally from Father--in other words, the Father is the *principle* of the Holy Spirit's existence. The Holy Spirit proceeds from the Son in the sense of *coming out of* the Son, not in the sense of the Son being the Spirit's principle (origin).

It was a document forged by the Pope saying that Constantine left the Empire to the Papacy, and the Pope used that to justify his power

faggot daddy issues

From my agnostic atheist layman mind, I would have thought the Holy Spirit played a role in betting the Son. Doesn't the Gospels say that the Virgin Mary got pregnant with Jesus by being filled with the Holy Spirit (on command by the Father)?

What a stupid thing to do, to be honest. The pope was looking for trouble, I think the Orthodox Church got a point for schism the shit out of the pope.
He doesn't need physical empire when having soul empire.

I am going to bed definitively.

Christ's physical incarnation is not the "begotten" of spoken in the Nicene Creed. That "begotten" is a continuous process of the Father furnishing the Son.

>Whiteknighting a billion people this hard
Tell me how much do you love people, humanity. Or at least ask yourself. Because I read misanthropy in your reply, tell me if I'm mistaken

FRESH BREAD

The Catholic Church recognised it was a forgery hundreds of years ago. What's your point?

How can the Holy Spirit come out of the Son without the Son being its origin? Are you saying it originates from the Father and then passes through the Son, or what?

Pfft.

It goes back to the words of Christ, who instituted the Petrine ministry.

>The EP doesn't have any serious power except over Greeks outside of Greece, and even then it's rather limited, he can't just boss around another Greek bishop, or dethrone him without an approval of the synod.

By contrast, the bishop of Rome was "bossing around" other bishops - including far distant ones - IN THE FIRST CENTURY.

To wit, Clement, the bishop of Rome, who circa 96AD intervened in the affairs "of faraway Corinth at his own initiative, and settled their dispute by the authority of the Church of Rome."

catholiceducation.org/en/education/catholic-contributions/the-papacy-the-petrine-ministry-in-the-early-church-3-of-3.html

lmao

Some preacher has left his mark on you.

How does the Eastern Orthodox Church feel about the Anglican Communion, its theology, and apostolic succession? Could there ever be a communion of some sorts between the two Churches?

I ask because the Episcopal Church (of the United States) is the closest church available for me. Also because, according to Wikipedia, there seems to be some positive dialog between the Anglican Communion and Eastern Orthodox Churches. Could this be a sign that the two traditions aren't so different after all? Perhaps, at least, a possibility for the Anglican Communion to conform to the theology of the Eastern Orthodox Churches in the future. For the time being, until one finds a genuine Eastern Orthodox Church, is attending an Anglican / Episcopal church a sufficient substitute? My church is a High Church, meaning it respects the Anglo-Catholic liturgical traditions, if that makes any difference.

Anglican Communion and ecumenism
Orthodox Churches
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglican_Communion_and_ecumenism#Orthodox_Churches
>In 1922 the Patriarch of Constantinople recognised Anglican orders as valid. He wrote: "That the orthodox theologians who have scientifically examined the question have almost unanimously come to the same conclusions and have declared themselves as accepting the validity of Anglican Orders."

>Regarding mutual recognition of ministry, the Eastern Orthodox Churches are reluctant to even consider the question of the validity of holy orders in isolation from the rest of the Christian faith, so in practice they treat Anglican ordinations as invalid. Thus the favourable judgement expressed by the Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople in 1922 and communicated by him to other Eastern Patriarchs (some of whom, including the Russian Patriarch, signed a contrary declaration in 1948) is in practice without effect. The Eastern Orthodox Church classifies Anglican clergymen who join it as laypeople, and, if they are to function as clergy, administers ordination to them.

Pardon the butt-in though I'd have to respectfully disagree about the roots of Papal infallibility. I think those roots you refer to is Primacy which is a different thing because it is still based on an equality among bishops. None of the others claim infallibility and of course that power was codified much later, almost modernly. Per the Heads, while it is ecclesiastic authority it has a lot to do imo with management. The many ethnic and national Orthodox churches can reach a level of confusion that I think Heads of church helps organise. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks OP for these threads

>Orthodox Church on immigration
Source of this? Very interested from an anti globalist perspective

Read John Henry Newman, friend.

Apologia pro Vita Sua
books.google.cat/books?id=JbwJVBOvECwC&printsec=frontcover&dq=intitle:apologia inauthor:newman&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwidnYefo6nPAhWszIMKHS0lC7QQ6AEIJjAA#v=onepage&q&f=false

and

An Essay on the Development of Christian Doctrine
books.google.cat/books?id=M7VCAQAAIAAJ&printsec=frontcover&dq=intitle:development inauthor:newman&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj0p-G3o6nPAhUE04MKHdwnAI8Q6AEIGzAA#v=onepage&q&f=false