Redpill me on Christianism

Born catholic and baptised, did the cathesis thing (could be a mexican thing IDK). Became agnostic then atheist, but I'm window shopping for a religion. Why are a lot of you guys Christian? do you know something I don't?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=W2Cv5hZfOmk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>window shopping for a religion

kys senpai

>being born into a system of beliefs is better?

Just read the Bible, live a good life and stay away from Churches in general.

I've found they tell people what they want them to hear but never touch on the "sensitive topics" or tell them any hard truths.

I'm going that route and possible at most a traditional house Church like back in the day, there's one in town here.

T. former Methodist

Also, OP

I'm Christian because I look at the fine details that go into the entirety of life and cannot help but see purposeful design.

I also believe creation and evolution support each other and that science tells the story of God's creation.

When the story of creation in the Bible was told, it was meant for all people yes, but it is written in a way that Ancient people could get the general idea. Now that we have modern science and exploration we can study in more detail how it was created.

TLDR
Science and Religion tell the same story of the same creation.

>inb4 hurr durr tier Gaythiest comments.

It's a shitty religion led by some shitty creator that likes hoarding believers, get rid of it and you will find salvation. Also read the Vedas

I've had similar thoughts growing up, great answer senpai.

>being religious

lel.

I live a relatively ascetic life already, senpai. I haven't read the vedas, I'll get on it as soon as I finish my schoolwork.

There are proven benefits to praying and meditating, why would you not do it if it helps?

That's quite alright human, just make sure you're ready to go to Valhalla

If you grew up Catholic in Mexico then you probably got really shitty catechists. Watch some Church Militant or The Remnant on Youtube to see if you don't want to come back.

(((Christianity)))

I think it's Christendom, not Christianism. Also, I would go for Sikhs, they can carry around a knife.

>Islam to quantum mechanics

I like how Sikhism is about preparing Sikhs to be the happiest, most successful people they can be. The knife thing is so they are always ready to protect themselves, now It'd make sense to carry a gun or a pussy spray or taser.

Pretty cool religion.
kek

>redpill
Jesus is a kike

Fail.

Trolling on Libertarians in another thread and posted it here.

I mean, Christians read the old testament, this is pretty much common knowledge, no?

uh.. I don't get it. Maybe I'm dumb.

you'd be surprised
the mental contortions many use
>a Hebrew
>a Judaen
>an Israelite
Jesus is just a dirty Jew who Jews goyim

What I find amusing with true believers is that they still believe in the set of rules, that have have constantly changed the past 2000+ years, from catholic/protestant to orthodox, 5 popes to 1, mithrandic beliefs that equal christian..

its so silly to believe it if one knows the history behind it, religion has been used and exploited for power and control over people, its holy or good, its just bullshit people spew to explain what people dont understand, and use them for what they want

I belive religion has brought good things to this world, I do not believe it is true in any way

>Quantum mechanics
>Religion

I know I'm mainly arguing with village idiots but tunneling effects (which is quantum mechanics phenomena) is something always considering when building transistors, which your computers use right now.

yeah it's kind of weird to consider scientific method and quantom mechanics as religion
just ignore that part

"My feeling as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was his fight against the Jewish poison. Today, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed his blood upon the Cross. As a Christian, I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice."

Jesus also a Slav.

The Old Testament has a completely different context after reading the New Testament.

>Jesus also a Slav.
That's a new one.
Where'd you get that from?

I think it's more quantum mysticism like Ramtha School of Enlightenment, and Deepak Chopra, Eugene Winger, and white Buddhists. The whole quantum as religion because of it's effects was debating in the 20s, surprisingly, but really didn't evolve until "Remarks on the mind–body question"

(((HISTORY)))

Couldn't Muslims say the same things about the older books after reading the Quran

BUILD WALL.

Also from being raised Russian Orthodox.

In reality I'm agnostic but the joke among a lot of NYU Russian students is that Jesus is Russian because of this cult leader in Siberia. youtube.com/watch?v=W2Cv5hZfOmk

>The Old Testament has a completely different context after reading the New Testament.
It does, in fact it's almost like the god of the old testament is essentially what's described in the new testament as Satan. I can see why many early Christian sects took that idea and ran with it.

Wicca masterrace

The way I see it religion is just how humanity developed its morals that separated us from our primitive ways. When humans figured out to not murder eachother for stupid reasons, stick with monogamy, and keep sex for special occasions and procreation, they were able to focus on figuring out the world around them. Thus religion is a big reason the scientific method could be figured out and we can eventually move onto secularism.

Hitler lost the war faggot
I blame Jesus the kike

your pic has a number of inaccuracies. zoroastrianism comes from jewysim. the only real difference is you would believe god was wounded badly after the fight and lucifer was either not wounded or wounded less severly and has the upper hand and thats why the world sucks. it didnt come from any form of polytheism it was monotheist

also buddhism comes from hinduism. the key difference is in buddhism there is no creation god but the creation god is the only real thing in hinduism. everything else in hinduism is part of the dream of god even other gods are just part of his dream

and wicca has nothing to do with anything. it was some new age crap they dreampt up that had nothing to do with the green man or any real "witch" craft cult or celts

many other problems but you should correct your pic

>forgive your enemies
degenerate

No reason not to forgive them after dealing with them.