Which books and films red pilled you the hardest? For ex-liberals...

Which books and films red pilled you the hardest? For ex-liberals, I'm particularly interested in those works that shook your faith in leftism.

Other urls found in this thread:

praxeology.net/LS-NT-6.htm
mhkeehn.tripod.com/ughoae.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A
breitbart.com/london/2015/11/11/watch-anti-migrant-video-going-viral-across-europe/
youtube.com/watch?v=YQiW_l848t8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bizump

animal farm

Thoreau, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche

Animal Farm, 1984, Brave New World.

Basically Sophomore year.

radishmag.wordpress.com

I need to re read animal farm. Read it in high school but was just another assignment at the time to me.

this and 1984 were pretty good.
most tards today still say to watch out for newspeak or doublethink like newspeak words themselves are dangerous (what? my tongue will fall off?) and not the underlying concept behind of them of controlling thought by restricting vocab.

e.g.
ask yourself this when you read about wars in the middle east:
what's the difference between an insurgent and a rebel?

Are you referring to things like "illegal" vs. "undocumented" and "uprising" vs. "riot?"

This reminded me of how Mike Cernovich said, if the media likes leaked info, they call it a "leak", if they don't like it, they call it a "hack".

Fahrenheit 451. It's pretty much an exaggerated allegory for political correctness.

Look Who's Back it's a German movie but it's easily one of my favorite movies of all time

>For ex-liberals, I'm particularly interested in those works that shook your faith in leftism.

Alt right is a hipster-like response to the popularity of the Democratic party and its ideals. In a sense, it became "just too mainstream."

No book necessary. (Also, look around you. Nobody here reads. It's why they support Trump.)

It's disturbing how effective this shit is in shaping people's views. It's a very subtle but real method of mind control.

rebel's connotation can be positive/negative but makes it as if their cause is just (if you're on their side)
insurgent conveys a sweeping force that rose up to take something back or to take something from. it's more of a military word
both are almost the same but just a cunts hair different in what they want the reader to feel when seeing them

Real life.

I read Jung and Mishima today. What did you read, nu-male faggot?

I see it as a natural reaction to political correctness and the Republican Party's cuck ness.

I was redpilled in 2010.

I spend a semester in a work/study program in DC as an aid to a Democratic congressman. I was robbed twice by niggers and forced to collect a $20,000 bribe from an Arab businessman. The congressman himself was clearly senile. He voted for Obamacare despite never having any of his staffers brief him on it, or even taking the shrink-wrap off the proposed bill when it was delivered to our office.

Trump couldn't be worse than this. Let it burn.

Dude is an obvious shill.

The Marla Maples story.

I read animal farm in 9th grade and liked it, but definitely didn't understand it.

I remember I was pissed that(snowball)? was exiled and never returned.

I don't know who was behind the movie, but it will probably redpill many people (either intentionally or inadvertently)

Thomas Sowell was a Marxist until he obtained a job with the government. Your comment reminded me of that.

same

>The proponents of bigger government have no interest in independent constituents

Read that over and over user.

if i wuz merica iz vote fer trump.

Snatch
>called out the Jew
>Jew actually calls gentiles "goyim"
>Jew gets fucked over in the end
>nogs get fucked over in the end
>Pikeys and the eternal Anglo make it out alive

Atlas Shrugged, in fact. The novel was garbage and I'm not an objectivist any more, but I can't deny the influence it had.

Pic related swung me toward glorious anclapism.

Farnham's Freehold

Mein Kampf

Not even memeing right now

Nice, I've never heard of this one.

Also Spooner's "No Treason", if that counts as a book.

Watching what happened to europe last summer. Watching the media use images of dead kids to soften up refugee acceptance. Watching video of people getting jumped while trying to help the migrants.

praxeology.net/LS-NT-6.htm

If I was Canadian I'd killself.

>Jung
we're talking non-fiction here

I read all of John Taylor Gatto's books that I could get my hands on after seeing it recommended on /new/.

HOMESCHOOL YOUR CHILDREN.

mhkeehn.tripod.com/ughoae.pdf

GOVERNMENT SCHOOLS ARE BRAINWASHING CENTERS.

Life redpilled me. Niggers attempted to mug me twice when I was a young kid. There was no need to teach me niggers were scum and bad news, in fact school tried to preach the opposite, even though with every interaction it becomes ever more apparent that nighers are subhuman violent pieces of shit drains on society.

I learned about jews as I grew older and attempted to learn why the world is so fucked up, only to realize kikes are behind just about everything.

Yeah, it was snowball. He represented trotsky.

>Northwest Front
Is that shit ever going to get off the ground?

Bonfire of the Vanities

"riot" versus "protest"

more pls

Its a eventuality

hints as to the congressman?

Wait. Can't you be a liberal but not leftist ?
I would say I am a liberal, I think the free market should run everything and everyone should have access to what they want if they can afford it. Does that make me a leftist ?

I'm just saying, I've already moved here and don't know what to do next.

Good stuff so far. Anything else?

1984 and everything Milton Friedman

inb4 kike

>tfw you were raised conservative and the closest you can get to a 'redpill moment' is that one time you doubted that gayness was really that big of a deal and everyone you know that's gay got hiv or lost their jobs from going to gay parties every night.

Liberal means different things in North America vs the rest of the world. Their "liberal" is our "classical liberal". I don't even know what our liberal is in Eurospeak, progressive democrat or something?

No shit,I watched the triggering on youtube. Bought a MAGA hat that day and threw my comrade sanders stickers in the trash.

He represents a district in California.

This redpilled me on economics

youtube.com/watch?v=RWsx1X8PV_A

It wasn't books or films that sparked the desire for redpills, it was talking to my fellow leftie friends. Originally I was pretty ignorant politically, so I agreed with the statements they were making, but I didn't really have much reasoning why. As I got more interested in politics, I noticed that a lot of the arguments made my friends didn't really make sense, and I wanted to find a way to argue my leftie politics properly. As I did more reading and tried to really refine my views, I started to notice a lot of inconsistencies with the left and their logic. Each time I tried to point these out to my friends they would go full leftie denial mode and eventually I got so pissed off with them that I stopped talking to them about politics all together.

I carried on reading on my own, and for the past 5 years I've moved from deep bottom left of the compass to pic related. Now when I talk to them I'm able to put forward my arguments in a logical manner they find hard to refute, and it usually ends up with them taking a nibble of the redpill or leaving feeling butthurt. Either way I get to feel smug about being right. When I look back I was a typical cringie leftist, but thank fuck I went through that phase back when it was just hippy shit and before all this SJW gender politics hit the scene.

with open gates

Industrial Society and its Future

The Camp of the Saints

breitbart.com/london/2015/11/11/watch-anti-migrant-video-going-viral-across-europe/

This video right here.

The Sun Also Rises, when he bitches about that fucking jew, Robert Cohn.

unibomber manifesto.

explains everything.

Primetime Propaganda by Ben Shapiro still opened my eyes to the electric jew, even though it was written by a non-electric one. For all of Benji's flaws, he puts God and his faith above what's trendy among his people, and that's why he's able to see through their bullshit.

the ultimate thing was pretty good, by gatto

youtube.com/watch?v=YQiW_l848t8

long but good

pretty much you are a leftist if you think you are a liebereal

why do you even support the left?

Glad you came around!

I have actually been planning on reading this.

Just read description. This looks great.

I've got it narrowed down to 8-9 people... 4 that I'm pretty resolute on. Any more hints?

Freakanomics made me support abortion kek.

Book really wasn't that difficult.

You want to actually understand the left?

Read Richard Rorty's Contingency, Irony, and Solidarity.

It is the best primer on contemporary Continental philosophy (which you know as The Frankfurt School).

From there I went to Nietzsche. With him you will see the long history of Contingency, or "slave morality".

The ultimate redpill? Dostoevsky. Read The Brothers Karamzaov, specifically the chapters "Rebellion" and "The Grand Inquisitor". All of the left, hell all of the West, is in those two chapters.

The few gay people I knew in college were extremely obnoxious and self-centered. They were like caricatures, unbearable to be around.

that's all gays user

/lit/ here. Voting Trump and there's nothing you can do about it.

I was never a left or right leaning person, but I do have extreme empathy for animals. I am not so stupid as to become vegan or hypocritical to say I've even tried cutting out meat, but I have weird views about stewardship of the Earth and life itself and how death has become more important than life.

Read this and understand the true nature of man. Pay attention every time that The Judge speaks. Actually think about what you're reading.

The Rebel by Camus

Basically BTFO his communist friends by illustrating how revolution ultimately fails. Interesting read.

Have already read, but I've been planning on reading it again. Man, the judge is one of my favorite characters of all time.

Ironically the one book that stands out to me as having turned me away from liberalism and leftism in general is the Communist Manifesto.

read a gushing review, sounded a bit lame

care to sell it to me? I know it's rated as a big classic

Group of old west outlaw types hunting Indian scalps for cash. Very violent, nuanced book. Memorable characters and distinct writing style. Violent and memorable, but not the easiest of reads.

This glorious book played a big part in letting me see the big picture.

>ctrl + F
>heart of darkness
>no results

fucking seriously, Cred Forums?

Good, but I never caught a hint of """""red-pilled""""

just seems like the thoughts and words of old-timers

such a shame that that faggot sowell cucked out and wrote a piece calling trump hitler

he used to be a rspectable negro, now just a cuck nigger

>cuck nigger

christ you alt-rightists can't comprehend anything that isn't black and white, can you?

You're allowed to like somebody if just one of their hundreds of mutual ideas differs with yours

I didn't know he did that. Fuck him now.

I don't know if Sowell really did that, but it wouldn't negate all the awesome work he's done in the past if he did.

prove I'm an "alt-rightist"

this nigger denounced the god emperor

he fell from grace, by his own hand

I was willing to believe in magic negros, then he fucked it up

exactly

it's not like he did it by accident

fucking gree market faggot works at a public institution and not in a real world role

on googling:

>" Donald Trump is not an evil man like Hitler."
>". No national leader ever aroused more fervent emotions than Adolf Hitler did in the 1930s."

Following on from this, Sowells' articles that Stefan Molyneaux """refutes"""" in his meme videos don't actually call Trump Hitler, or even mention Hitler, despite the titles of his videos suggesting otherwise

Ironic isn't it, that instead of Sowell pulling the Hitler card Molyneaux is pulling the Hitler card -- obviously to get a rise out of over-zealous little altists who skim headlines and nothing else

Milton Friedman pretty much

Reality.

memes

googling, how new are you?

clearly you weren't here for the episode when a dozen npr writers attacked trump, including your favourite nigger

anyway, I remember, even if they memory holed it

>alt-rightists

Friedman is good, but he is still ultimately a monetarist cuck. Rothbard > Friedman.

>and wrote a piece calling trump hitler

I'm refuting this, he never did. He denounced him, yes, as have alot of other Conservatives. You don't fucking ostracize them all, even if their works have contributed to your cause

Tunnel-visioning Trump will do help none

1984, The Plague by Camus

In addition to aforementioned I believe this is worth mentioning. Leftist thinking seemed narrow and limited in scope.

This generation can't even form coherent thoughts and sentences. our females have already been incredibly dumbed down in general. Young kids raised by cell phones.

Our vocabulary is ruled by the phone's dictionary and phonetics. The media is drilling the same words into us. "Baa baa baa." I was so sick of reading "large swathes of land" when Isis came out.

wait, your not even a racist?

Never heard the term "monetarist" before, but I will look into that, thanks.

you fucking idiots are pushing me further and further away from the alt-right

bunch of meme-braind half-wits clubbing eachother and anything that comes near your tribe like fucking monkeys

Watch out for it because it's introduction is subtle and pervasive. most of today's media consumers are taking in the same stories with different labels. Everyone is drinking from the same source, even one drop of a foreign material will affect everyone.

When everyone reads the same thing or hears the same story reinforced by every other outlet that story becomes the baseline. Leftist media outlets have taken advantage of this, that's how people are still voting for Clinton.

1984, fahrenheit 451, look who's back and obviously the strongest the greatest story never told

I know that feel, senpai. The only redpill moment was when I finally understood what neocons were and how they were evil/just stupid.

so you think all groups of people are the same in terms of average intellect, aggression, forward thinking, or sprinting ability?

that must be why there are so many White 100m record holders

i just started witnessing all the b.s. that was happening around the world (mostly with college sjw stuff) and ended up finding sarcuck of acock on youtube and went from there

see, this is the reason

I didn't mention race once -- you just pulled it out of thin air for the sake of argument

You're either autistic or 15

American history X. I now hate white supremacists and niggers wooooooo

you didn't answer though

what are you doing on a racist site if you aren't one of us? you come to correct ourr ebil ways?

or you just run out of petrol?

How? That movie seemed more like a joke on Hitler and a lampoon of politics and satire. The entire movie is pretty much spent with people reacting to hitler and him talking to people about immigrants. Thats not very red pilling.

Aussie shitposting. It's impossible for a kangaroo to not be racist. We're all colonials, we know the score.

That fact that it was even made means hitler is no longer taboo.

Consider the book I mentioned above.

Consider why I mentioned that book.

Fucking idiot, there's your answer.

Now you answer, are you autistic or 15?

not when they have to deal with abos

fucker can't not shitpost

>Watching the media use images of dead kids to soften up refugee acceptance

It's their job to show things like that, you retard.

If they didn't, people would accuse them of not showing the full story for the agenda of dehumanizing the migrant crisis.

It's not like they killed the kids themselves.

Just because some of them are retards doesn't mean everyones a retard. You're just unlucky enough to be on Cred Forums in 2016. Most of the autists here are just shitposting and psyops to discredit any kind of conservative movement.

You're right, its retarded for people to get butthurt over someone not liking their political choice.

I've never been "blue-pilled" but the thing that really got me on the bandwagon was actually south park (circa mid 2000s). It got me on board with assuming everything is just a house of cards on top of a powder keg, and that we should mock/question everything.

Shame they've gone down the blue-pill path a bit in recent years.

maybe I'm both!

you think of that? faggot

who cares what books you mention, am I supposed to have read all fucking books? NO, didn't think so, stupid anti-racist abo tear yellow dog ciggy butt brain flaming great gallar scum shitforbrains faggot!

This. This made me change my stance on refugees 180 degrees.

Webm's like this one made me change my stance on race equality.

No mainstream movie made me change my beliefs.

>bluepill
>last season was making fun of SJWs
>this season is making fun of trolls/people being trolled/political correctness

If anything it had a slump, but season 19 and 20 are picking it back up.

Don't worry. They know not what they do. We should do an EU for former British colonies (only the white ones)

well ya it's turning around, but i remember a period episodes about trans bathrooms, illegal immigrants, and kinda subtle shilling for Obama

is that your fucking hero thomas sowel? nigger lover

nah, fuck that, sovereignity first, all trade deals should be bilateral. should definitely recognize our shared history and blood ties though

Also Trey Parker traded is hawt jap wife for an ex-coalburner

Where'd you move to?

dump pls? i want to see your whole folder just to rage.

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAAHAh JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP

Yeah, but look at the sadness in his face. He knew he fucked up. Plus, his best friend is a jew. This is expected.

Mein Kampf for the Hollyoaks generation.

He's a true king of style

Infinite Jest, although liberals like it, taught me the value of religion that doesn't need to be justified by logic, and some things about addiction and pleasure-seeking.

Houellebecq, to realize that somebody else was seeing what I was seeing in the current world.

>90240365
Dostoevsky pre-redpilled me a lot during the time before I really understood politics, definitely need to reread.

Australia is pretty far gone either way, lad. I don't think the "alt right" is going to be making any headway there

Most Aussies irl kind of shit on our culture and laws that Europeans and the Angloshpere countries think are barbaric or unrefined or whatever, right?

And I don't really no how to put this other than to say that the reason you find racism appalling is because it is, in theory. But that theory doesn't hold up at all when you have to deal with the underclass of people irl. We have the same phenomena here. People that have known a total of 5 well adjusted, suburban blacks in their lives are the ones who are the most outspoken antiracists.

Who better to start off in this new world with than your former property we've got resources and a stable economy. Nationalism plus history and culture.

This should be required reading. Essential for understanding 'he wuz a gud boi' incidents

Nigger facts on pol, Milton Friedman, Thomas sowell , 1984, and so on . Also living among niggers in the south helped

>Evola

pretentious "Dark Enlightenment" medieval monarchist LARPer faggot detected

I only feel like I'm "ex-liberal" in that what it means to be liberal has changed a lot recently, while I've stayed mostly the same. I'm all for giving every person a fair chance, but the idea of the modern social justice movement and bending over backwards to help people that won't help themselves is asinine. I strongly believe in caring for your fellow man, especially those in worse situations, but not excusing shitty actions done by them because they're somehow entitled to a free pass as some kind of reparations. It seems to me that the left is dealing with the same type of problem the right was dealing with with tea party rednecks. Everything is polarized, and no one can say anything without towing a line or pushing a narrative. Nobody thinks for themselves or forms their own opinions independently. Pol is no different anymore; just another echo chamber.

Frends of a Friend were all antifa-guys

listened to their conversations for a while then had some talks with them.

NEVER WENT BACK.

Men Among The Ruins by Julius Evola.

I was pretty bluepilled my whole life and raised to think that conservatives = dumb rednecks, fundamentalist Christians, gun nuts, etc. Evola was the first real exposure I had to intellectual conservatism and tradition. There are probably better books out there to redpill people but this one opened up a new world to me...

Covers: liberalism, egalitarianism, communism, Marxism, socialism, materialism, consumerism, individual-collectivism, capitalism, the merchant / banker / financier class, the bourgeoisie, Christianity, Catholicism, Judaism, freemasonry, race, feminism, history (medieval, French Revolution, WW1, WW2).

Some criticisms (esp. if you're trying to convert people on the left): it's a little dated, the conspiracy theories will turn a lot of people off (he mentions that the Protocols may be a hoax but that they're basically true), it's kinda wordy, it's too ideologically pure & impractical.

>breitbart.com/london/2015/11/11/watch-anti-migrant-video-going-viral-across-europe/
Agreed, for me it happened through the people around me. I dated a super leftie girl (crazy in the sack, but I don't recommend it) and it was the first time someone blatantly told me I wasn't allowed to believe certain things. From there it was a spiral into cynicism for a while, then I did a lot of personal research and got a little more based. As much as she pissed me off, I did get a valuable lesson in not giving a fuck if people like what I think or do.

A general understanding of history from contemporary sources did it from me.

Charles Mauras and Evola also.

You obvious missed the point of the Movie
It meant to make you laugh at the Fuhrer, to laugh at how the World moved on without him

Sadly the actor was GOAT and made him very likable - the ending montage which was supposed to be haunting was in fact very cheery. I was smiling at the end

Good for you, Hans.
>being serial

Nassim Taleb did a shit ton of heavy lifting to make me a conservative. National Review too. From there it just got worse.

i know my man.

you just have to use common sense to see the inconsistancies and the pathetic reality of lefties evryday life.

Only BNW is actually anti-leftist.

Orwell was a socialist, lifetime labour supporter. The thing about him is that he was despised by ordinary leftists in his time because:
1) he didn't bash reports about Soviet Union's totalitarian reality for being capitalist propaganda(see Sartre for example of this mindset)
2) he bashed "cominternalised" intelligentsia and left wing politicians
3) he considered things like fertility among British people to be absolutely required if they want to stay relevant and he wanted them to stay relevant
4) he bashed British establishment for not wanting to help Warsaw Uprising because it could anger Stalin
5) was generally critical of communists on many different levels

However, most of those you can't get from reading just Animal Farm and 1984. You have to read Homage to Catalonia, you have to read his essays. He liberally used marxist dialectics, believed that capitalists try to turn the lower classes into wageslaves via subtle propaganda and so on, he just didn't subscribe to "Soviet Union Fangirls Club" like many others did.

Basic economics by sowell

Culture of Critique.

1984, Animal Farm, and Brave New World
>essentially recommended Cred Forums reading, for obvious reasons

Lord of the Flies
>could be allegory for leftism and how it degenerates society
>"civilization ends when my feels and imagined entitlements begin"

Fahrenheit 451
>leftist-style censorship and thought-policing through regulation of information (aka burning of books that could potentially "redpill" the masses)
>like USSR, China, and other commie regimes - reason they must all be destroyed

They Live
>leftist media in a nutshell - reason they also must be destroyed

Works of Nietzsche (could be used against leftist and also covers a few leftist stuff, giving insight as to how to undermine it), Sun Tzu (strategy to use against leftist), etc.

Leftscum often underestimate Cred Forums, because they're too brainwashed. They have no idea Cred Forums is more "learned" than they ever will.

Kids
Um Shini Wam
The Nine Commentaries