youtube.com/watch?v=JfkDzXuWhkk
pariszigzag.fr/actualites-paris/les-pires-projets-architecturaux-paris
bersterimmobilien.de/impressum/
youtube.com/user/ArchitectureMMXII/videos
youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc&index=66&list=FLN_0WnioRVzKc5tgXkhlokA
archive.org/details/materialsdocumen01unse
www-cdr.stanford.edu/intuition/Slough.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

convince architects that random geometric crap made entirely out of glass and metal looks like ass

Man, I haven't used the main train station in a long time. Always got out of the Metro in the pedestrian zone. That thing really looks ugly. And it will come to cost the city dearly when visitors stop coming and paying the astronomical entry fees.

doesn't look so bad compared to the depressing ass surroundings.

Are you going to say east berlin has better architecture than west?

If anything, we learn that gathering people in a so-called community makes them go ballistic on one another.

Looks much better than this commieblock shit.

That is one of the 10 biggest cities in Germany, but it's not Berlin.

are you talking about Deconstructivist architecture? Modern architecture means anything past 1800

I'm using it as how any pleb would refer to contemporary architecture: modern.

And you're definition is wrong. Anyway, around 1800 architects ususally designed classicist or neo-gothic styles.

The question remains: Why do architects and people design and commission buildings they way they look today, while everyone would agree that they are not holding up to the demand for timeless beauty.

>you're
your*

fucking macOS autocorrect

wat am I supposed to be looking at?

Not him, but noticing how there's not even one single church in that entire part of town, I'd say some very ungodly city.

The obsession with glass exteriors is better than the depressing concrete blocks from the 60s

They will continue to make our cities look like shit until they are demolished, the day can't come soon enough

It's Essen, a city in the infamous Ruhr area. Basically the least German area in all of Germany.

Brutalism

looks like Germany to me

Put tighter requirements to become an architect. Out of 100 candidates only 5-10 can become architects. The rest should piss off.

Not necessarily. You can make it look good if you want to.

If you look at the demographic data, Essen is more German than Berlin or Frankfurt.

Trinitrotoluene

(((They))) have a huge synagogue though

>people think this is shitty
Buildings in this style fire my neurons. If a building doesn't make you want to play papers please all day it isn't a building

lel I actually live in Essen

All the nice parts are in the south, Margarethenhöhe is a very nice place

The inner city is fucking shit, everything north of the inner city is fucking shit
The turks aren't even the worst people here, it's the lebanese
They came here as refugees during the libanon civil war (Though some were just arabs and kurds from somewhere else that claimed to be lebanese) and refused to leave when the war was over
Been here ever since basically taking over entire city districts and being criminal shitstains

the only type of post 1800s architecture that looks good is new york's art deco style buldings. all the tall buildings compliment eachother and actually have some elements of artistic design and i think it looks really well put together.

all other modern architecture looks like shit and is ruining cityscapes all over the world. all the most beutiful cities around the world are ons that retain their historical architure from a time when beauty was as important as design (if not more). venice, florence etc.

glass, metal, sharp edges and flat surfaces evoke no feelings and are far removed from the natural look things, i literally hate all modern architecture i see around me

if i could press a button to blow it all up i would

Cool, but why would you live in Essen in the first place? I don't get why all those economic potential is wasted in NRW, while Eastern Germany is basically a paradise and is only lacking the presence of major international German companies.

What is this place?

Born here, I won't leave until I finish my degree, makes sense from a money perspective

It's the DFB(German Football Association)-Museum in Dortmund

God, everytime I see a picture of a European city/town it looks like a depressing hellhole. It makes our Midwestern cities seem warm and welcoming.

Not even the East Germans want to live in East Germany.
Ask most of my neighbours who came from there.
I live in Dortmund btw.

Can't do much. Just have to wait until a rightwing elite replace the current leftwing elite.
Unfortunately corporations favour leftwing ugliness because it saves them money to build cheap ugly shit.
I think the most straightforward solution is to have local governments who do not allow shit buildings to be built. So you've got to vote for traditional parties and not progressive parties.

Bring back baroque.

Carpet bombing.

Modern as opposed to Traditional dumbass. They are both used as catch all terms for many different styles.

wrong. '800 had avanguards like art noveau, liberty, Wiener Werkstatte and so on. Also, Neoclassicism is still considered modern architecture.

But yeah i get what you mean, deconstructivism in these ages has lost his contestual style. For the same reason Piacentini, Scarpa, Guerrini, contributed to my contrys architecture, people like Gardella, Daneri contributed to an internationalized style, imitating talents from abroad like Wright and Le Corbusier.
Your ancestors had it right too. Look at the Weissenhorf estate in Stuttgart.

We can do MUCH.
We have to spread the good word, I see results every day. In my town there will be new "sculpture" and comments at online forum are all same:
"we don't want this ugly shit!"
I have much hope and we should just red pill our friends and families.

Been there. Done that. What you see in OP's picture minus the atrocity in the middle is the result of a complete rebuild. Except for one brewery, the entire city was flat in 1945.

A lot of those buildings have the right basic idea, they aren't as ugly as many modernist pieces of crap. They are pretty mind you but they're probably fixable without tearing the whole lot down and starting over.

how do you go from this,

I know, I mean we need MORE carpet bombing. That way people who aren't blind retards and have a go at rebuilding it.

Post nice looking train stations
Lille Flandres here

king's cross London

...to this?

Answer: people would rather subsidize cars and uber, not mass transit. As a result, architects put auto access first and ped access second. This also means no eye candy, because that's only a thing pedestrians care about.

this is the shitshow that is being made into my town right now , as for now all theres is the premade temporary trainstation with containers stacked on each others and is gonna have to serve its purpose for way more time that it was supposed to be , theres construction engines everywhere around the area its terrible

Stick to the smaller ones.

the car jew did this

Who the fuck decided to make their building look like a fucking empty cookie bag?

That's St Pancras you spanner.

Actually we would have nicer architecture if the English hadn't gone full retard over Germany's necessity to deal with the Polish massacres in 1939 and started WW2. The architecture used to be nice, and Germans are and were conservative enough not to bulldoze their city centres when the industrial revolution came. Some city centres were rebuilt like that after the war, but obviously not the big ones where destruction had been total.

Ready to repost on facebook an others.
Anyone got more examples?

Well, there are government websites which discuss planning permission and approvals for buildings, and which are open to the public, but not many people use them.

Architecture became shit largely as a decision taken by the elite academics. It'll become good again once that academic class is replaced by another.
Urbanism, which is like... 50% of what makes a city good, has returned because Leftists have largely been forced to accept that suburban planning is bad for the environment. So half the battle is won already.

Milan Central Station is fuckhueg level

Essen mainstation lel

Do i realy need to tell you? Krauts should know the solution, like i think you tried before...

Win WWII faggot

That might apply for the past, but recently there were moving more people from the West to East than the other way around. We also have higher birthrates. Vist us once in a while and you'd surprised how vibrant, beautiful and dynamic our cities have become!

>wrong. '800 had avanguards like art noveau, liberty, Wiener Werkstatte and so on. Also, Neoclassicism is still considered modern architecture.

That was about a century later.

>the entire city was flat in 1945.

Unfortunately, that's only partly true. The SPD-cucks erased a lot of represantative buildings that could have been saved easily, with the Mediaval town hall and the opera house being only the most prominent examples.

I still find it amazing how all the heroin junkies come out ot the subway there exactly at sundown. They're like vampires that way.

I know. Believe me, I love traditional German architecture. Next time I'm over there to visit my wife's family I'm planning to take a trip along the Main to visit the medieval towns there.

Just to trigger you.

Always save and report outside /po/.
Show it to your friends.

here user

Someone post a pic of that monstrocity in lyon. I would but i'm abroad and my internet is shit.

Worst looking building in europe

Daily dump

Nuremberg

>tfw before the war every train station in germany was fucking awesome

Christ, that 50's piece of shit looks better than the new design.

I think that's a good place to visit since they didn't have much to bomb down there. I wen't for a business trip down the "Deutsche Weinstrasse" in Rhineland-Palatia and Northern Baden Wuerttemberg a few years back and was amazed how beautiful Germany can be.

Feed my hate more please ; __ ;

I'm in Lyon, what building are you talking about ?

I like it.
I think it's especially great for developing bussiness areas.
Pic related was a field of grass 20 years ago, now it's getting filled with pretty nice commercial buildings.

My guess is that he's talking about the opera house.

?

youtube.com/watch?v=_EkMjTnWk14

>Unfortunately, that's only partly true. The SPD-cucks erased a lot of represantative buildings that could have been saved easily, with the Mediaval town hall and the opera house being only the most prominent examples.

To be fair, Essen is notoriously broke. The death of the coal mines combined with an almost unbroken chain of SPD goverments has fucked the economy up. I hope Kraft the old cunt gets booted from office next year.

Triggering successful.
Somehow North Korea comes to mind, minus the small monument in the middle.
The 60s sure did some damage to our cities.

?

Yeah, it's a proper solution for temporary development. But since your oldtown has been preserved, you're not to judge since living in and between those monstrosities is something completely different.

>That was about a century later.
Mostly late 800. Paxton's crystal palace was made in 1851, Paris International Expo was in 1889.

This one is in Germany.

Bingo!

It stick out like a sore thumb, looking like a piece of crumpled up paper. I think it ruins the river scene.

topple post-modernism and all its facets, instill a healthy dose of traditionalism/identity politics

hard to do that from a Kazakhstani wallet-making discussion forum, though

Well why don't you preserve your old towns then?
Over here all the historical buildings are protected by law and can't be demolished.

>Mostly late 800. Paxton's crystal palace was made in 1851, Paris International Expo was in 1889.
Art nouveau, Wiener Werkstätten and especially Neo-Classism emerged during the late 1800s and early 1900s.

I'm living and working in "confluence" neighborhood.

I like this building (there's nothing around, it's where 2 rivers meet).

The whole neighborhood is under construction.

that new trainstation is being made by the same architect who did that other trainstation in belgium

Probably flattened during the war.

Can't really blame the architects of the after-war years

They needed housing for millions of refugees pouring in from the lost eastern lands, why waste time on frivolties when there's people freezing in the streets? The whole period was a very depressing time and its buildings reflects that.

looked so fucking out of place in the city that they fucking put it in the guardian of the galaxy

Hey, this is in Kaunas!
I've posted this image and then lost it myself.
Pretty cool, huh?

Someone thought it was a good idea to stick this building in the middle of Sydney.

From the style I would say it is 1980's - 1990's.
Long after war.

It's in the neighborhood, near the museum.

go back to traditional architecture

They are protected, but all of our major historical towns and countless others (we're talking about hundreds of cities) have been completely destroyed by Allied carpet bombing during WWII. A couple of marvels still survived though, especially in Bavaria...

well look like the architect also did shit in the us i see , same style of architecture in the new York one at the bottom as this : and fucking spanish avant-gardiste

That might explain some temporary commie blocks but that thing is in the middle of a town and should have been rebuild properly.

You can see the museum in the back.

modern is ugly as fuck but that'll be way more functional than the previous ones

Švyturys Baltas for reposting it then?

Fuck off with your revisionist history kraut, the only murders by poles were 400 German poles in the days after the invasion. Stormfag scum

Sure, I don't really drink though.

Me neither...
But you have good beer from what I tried.

This era must really suck for everyone who doesn't love brutalism.

Buildings are just products of their culture. Places like Berlin, Paris and London are now just seas of brown people and the only way people tell them apart is buildings built centuries ago. You need to fix the culture and then people will build better buildings.

Google - architecture mmxii

if you think that's bad, my uni spent $150mil on this piece of shit building.

Architects never got their heads out of their arse did they

Every style after the war was shit to varying degree

Yea most leftists area actually red-pilled on urban design and planning.

This happy prick is an architect?

Some should be thrown down from their buildings.

Postmodern abominations aside, what's wrong with modernist architecture? Some of the Bauhaus designs are just as aesthetic as traditional architecture.

So, at what age did you get your eyes poked out?

When it's raining...

youtube.com/watch?v=8zryFr_J4Dc

>revisionist history
Very ironic coming from an American.

>Brutalism

My Comrades

>that photo
>my sides
jesus fuck the distortion on that shit. look at his head and shoulders and chest compared to just the size of his hands, much less the rest of him.

Some eyebleach against that building.

Money well spent

That concrete library has been demolished now. They're replacing it with slightly better but bland offices, but they will at least conform to the old street pattern. Such a shame they built that shit, Birmingham had/has some fantastic Victorian architecture.

You can't even soley blame the architects, the people whi greenlight these buildings are equally stupid

Work had to actually stop on this monstrosity during construction because of fumes catching in the roof.

Looks like a trailer.
Incidently, my hom college has a slightly smaller building that looks almost like that. We call it "the camping-wagon".

We also have some self driving bus in this neighborhood.

Do you like it guys?

I PUSH MY FINGERS INTO MY

Same with Reading Hill Station.
youtu.be/bHw4MMEnmpc?t=1047
All tore down, but still it is a scar on a town.

Why the fuck are the same cars and people in the same place before and after, is this some jewish trickery ?

JUST fuck my bricklayer up desu senpai

Ah, the UK in the 60s. Back then high rise buildings were all the rage. They used to construct centres with flats on the top and shops on the bottom floors and proclaimed it was the future. A few years later scum moved in, the shops went bust and it all became a concrete slum. Which is why I don't understand at all why West Germany had to repeat that process in the 1970s, while a little peek over the channel would have shown what would become of that a few years later.

ASS

Wow, it's almost like it was made in Russia.

A view of outside.

nothing ww3 won't fix

Seriously, what's wrong with this?

I love those buildings, the whole neighborhood is like this.

I'm living in pic related.

It was an old prison.

There is hope, but we need to give it fuel.

>doesn't like Bauhaus

Pleb

Get rid of shitty regulations that make our cities and suburbs look like ass

Get people to care about aesthetics

Stop ppl from being atheist cucks and turning cool old churches into gay dance halls or faggot coffee shops

Architecture is like Fashion:

If you follow the throwaway trends and try to look current and cool you will only end up regretting how you look

Modern architects are guilty of trying to be cool for short term gain meanwhile completely neglecting the longevity of a building and how it will be reflected on in the future

I think it's a symptom of the knock-it-down-build-something-else culture we have today

I live just half an hour away from Dortmund. And when it was finished i wanted to take a Look. Its fucking 15 Euro for one adult, just for one tiny Football museum which you can through in like half an hour.
Didnt went in, bought a ticket for a Dortmund match instead which costs only 16,70 Euro.

>glass everywhere
Enjoy your colossal heating bills in winter.

Aside from being ugly; what could it possibly be used for?

>"it symbolizes the wind from my ass." - the architect

The "Université Catholique de Lyon" is in the twin building.

People come and go but buildings should outlive us all.
Even a concrete slum can be reborn
>pic related

It lasted 50 years. It's such a con -

>lets build it with brutalist architecture, concrete lasts for ages and is cheap, ornamentation and traditional materials is an expensive waste of time.

And then they tear it down because it's such a depressive eyesore it is literally driving people to suicide, whilst the traditional town hall of Birmingham will stand for another 500 years.

Of course there is.
For example, we built this building like 7 years ago.

This was the old building.

How do we stop buildings from collapsing when stuff lands on them?

>french build quality
Also look at all those niggers jesus christ europe is disgusting

I don't particularly like it, but it's definitely not modern looking

Atheism

Barbican was built by the richest part of the UK and was stuffed with cultural perks. It was never a slum. It's still ugly and obnoxious, but not a complete failure.

commieblocks more like comfy blocks
how can whyte bois even compete?

youtube.com/watch?v=JfkDzXuWhkk

will you choke to death if you open a window?

fresh air is my only weakness

Lol japs based as

I fucking loved the couple of days I spent in Vilnius. Beautiful city, pic related

Maybe that's how they use the term in Italy; in the UK and US, modern architecture is usually considered as a 20th century phenomenon, with the end of arts and crafts and as skyscrapers took off. Most people would consider the vast majority of 19th century, and even early 20th century buildings to be traditional in style, though I guess we should expect the definition to move with time.

Anyway, to the OP's question, it's time for people to start having more of a say in architecture and not leaving it to architects. Like the contemporary fine arts, common sense notions of what looks nice (or sounds nice, for modern classical music) have been usurped by academics who gaze at their own navels, value novelty and shock over all else, and reject the sensibilities of the general population, believing that to appreciate architecture, you must have studied it. That's bullshit of course.

Architectural students' tastes are similar to the general populations when they start their course, but the longer they study and stay in the profession, the more aligned with modern architecture they become. It's essentially a sort of indoctrination.

Modern architecture hasn't worked. People still generally prefer old buildings, despite the time modern architecture has had to try to convert people. Modern architecture also ages badly both in fashion, and simply in terms of how a building looks as it physically ages (there are essentially mathematical reasons for this). I think it actually depresses people, and harms their wellbeing.

The reasons for not building traditionally are bogus. Traditional architecture is often cheaper than starkitect novelties, and need be that much more expensive that simple concrete boxes (the skilled labour used to be very expensive, but modern fabrication techniques can reproduce much of this).

The idea that a building must look modern because we are in modern times is just retarded, it's basically a current year argument.

>all the tall buildings compliment eachother
>buildings
>compliment each other
>compliment
That's why cities sucks! Organic growth, what is this?

>barcelona
>heating
lel

>It's still ugly and obnoxious

>Barbican Centre
I've actually been there a few years ago. It was a weekday in September and I was struck not only at the height of those towers but also how utterly deserted it was on an ordinary day. There even was a convention on with the Dalai Lama present, but no people. Somehow a girl in a hurry for the underground managed to run me over there anyway.

and what about dubai ?

I am not sure if I'm mad.
Quite like this one, It has some edge to it but proportions are all good to me.

Not really, not compared to oil slaves and their planet sized shitstorm in the sky slowly suffocating us all and giving us cancer and destroying the ice caps. Who gives a fuck what a building looks like from the sky?

I unironically like Trellick Tower very much.

It would be extremely painful...

This is not an architectural problem. It's an economic and demographic problem.

>le Corbusier
I bet he wasn't disappointed humans don't grow in cube form. Otherwise it would have been perfect: A box with next to no windows for box people.

looks like a big ass air conditioner vent

send all the Jews to Madagascar. Fixed. Next question.

What trainstation is that?

Le corbusier has a plan to built a 4km2 of skyscrapers in Center of Paris during the 30's
fortunately , Paris mayor said no

The best design is as little design as possible.
What purpose does cosmetic ornamentation serve?

Fuck Le corbretard, what is a name of this Hero Mayor?

you mong it says st pancras right on the fucking picture. Also, pic related is St Pancras international. Absolutely digusting

The only time the Barbican is attractive is from the inside on bright sunny days when all the plants look nice. Take away the plants and it's just ugly concrete lines. From anywhere on the streets outside the Barbican it's awful. Blank walls are everywhere. It also makes no attempt to follow the street pattern of London, hence it's obnoxious.

I once heard in a documentary that the centre of Paris is so lollowed out underneath with caverns, catacombes etc. that it wouldn't support the weight of sky scrapers. That's why there's no building higher than a certain height and the Paris Opera needed a special permission because it was a bit higher than the regulation said.

It includes our nature, our proportions.
You know the feeling when you look at piece of wood and see faces?
Same with builings.
You have nature that makes you look for other human beings. Traditional buildings are created in our image.

an article with photo of what Paris escape pariszigzag.fr/actualites-paris/les-pires-projets-architecturaux-paris

>le corbusier
HANG HIM HIGH. DIG UP HIS CORPSE AND HANG IT.

I think the old roof would be a bit excessive considering the surroundings.

They're like the same building though

This is what happened in my hometown
1/2

You post these on MMXII? A good page.

My old college in pic - actually, the views are from different directions, I can't find two corresponding views.

2/2

this is what chinese city look like now

They actually put up a really nice residential building in manhattan recently, 432 Park. I work close to 30 rock center and go up to top often (view is fucking amazing).
Now they are building another one not as nice that will be taller than empire state building. But unless you are part of saudi royal family or a rusian oligarch, forget living there.
In this pic from top of rock center, the tall building on left is 432 park:

opposite sides of the same street I think.

Good luck with that. From the experience what happened here:
- Skyscrapers are ugly
- rents go down
- some day the lifts break
- rent is so cheap the landlord gets the cheapest company to fix it
- "Parts are on order, we have to wait for the parts."
- nothing happens for months
- elderly people are stuck on the upper floors

And they wonder why everybody with a little money and taste flees the big cities.

Honestly once you grow up there is nothing in the city which you dont find outside. The Malls outside provide at least free parking, no stress with the traffic and i can find almost everything i need at one place.

Picture shows the View from my Kitchen window.

Protip-- if you visit NYC and want a panoraic view of city, DO NOT get jewed into empire state. Way overpriced (even by NYC standards) and top of the rock has far better views.
buy your ticket about an hour or 2 before and then walk around midtown...

Restoration is the answer.

People like them, and it gives them a sense of wellbeing. Do you attach any importance to that? They have to look at the damn things their whole lives.

Modern minimalist architecture has had over a hundred years to be accepted, and people still don't like it. How much time does it need to convince the general population?

By Putting COCKS and ASSES to it !!

this is view looking downtown from top of rockefeller center, on other side is the park and all the way uptown. Does anyone care enough to see view of uptown (this is all OC obviously..yes, I've removed all location and date info)

>how do we fix (((modern architecture)))

You kill off all the communists

No its not
bersterimmobilien.de/impressum/

that's china, the partsmakers are right next door to the towers

Wait. They make you PAY to go up there?

Fucking kikes

>What purpose does cosmetic ornamentation serve?
user, this is truly fucking retarded even by Cred Forums standards. A good building becomes the symbol of that city, draws investment, draws tourism, and adds to the cache of a city.

JUST

Yes, but
- Chinese landlords are even cheaper
- they are also more corrupt
- people have no rights there.
Over here, people go to the Tenants' Organization and are by law able to cut the rent by 20% - 40%. Over there I'm sure they have no rights at all.

I don't mind hypermodern architecture, but for the love of god don't demolish beautiful buildings to make room for them. Or put them smack dab in the middle of radically different architecture styles.

lol, did you expect them to let you go up for free mate? Top of rock is like $28, empire state is..$40?
And now, the fucking security is like you are entering the greenzone in baghdad done by pushy niggers.

I get money off bc I work in building, so I pay like $4 and I know the people so they let me up pretty much whenever I want unless their supervisor is around.

The view is esp nice in autumn or after a snowfall. Tourists are a year-round nightmare, best times to have fewest tourists is late Feb (after valentine's day).

Does anyone else have OC of buildings in their cities.countires, or am I the only idiot posting? If you don't know how to turn off date, location, and all your personal info, will tell you how.

curious what pictures people have of their home cities..

Satan pls

What a faggot cares about architecture?

Here's one from my city

also, anyone else ntoice how small the "new" ETC center looks in this picture? The twin towers used to fucking dominate the downtown skyline and tower over everything.
I don't think they even set up this viewing gallery until like 2008, wish had an old picture from a similar site for people to compare.

They should have rebuilt WTC right on footprints of old ones with a modernized (note; not "modern") and taller than other ones.

Bergen/Mons

>bersterimmobilien.de/impressum/

Yes you fool it is.

that's kinda cool. Do you have any of the inside? I have a bunch of shit from Malta, Florence, Pisa, etc.. (all Oc) if anyone wants to see anything.

also have OC from my trip to Galapagos (alas, was in 2006 when I wsa 19, before digital cameras, or when they were $3k).

user, do you have any OC from Sydney?

OP's example shows where they took away one of the free spaces in the city for the German Football Museum. That's what that thing is, and it used to be a parking space and central bus station.

Upkeep is several millions each year, and it's all financed by the city because the German Football Association cheapened out at the signing of the contract. Entry fee is 15 Euros per person, and for that you get to see some old footballs, shirts and shoes of once famous players. In a region with very high unemployment because of the demise of the steel industry it's doubltful if people can pay that price just to see some old football relics.

The kikes at it again
>Have boring ugly modern architecture which looks the same all over the world
>Another point of Nationalism (pride in architecture/culture) removed

Modern architecture is against Nationalism.

this is another cool panoramic from 30 rock center...

this is the only time those fucking apple panoramic pictures have ever been useful (yes, have been using apple my entire adult life since my college was still using Mac when rest of world was laughing at us...I WILL NOT buy this shitty fucking update though, even though it's free for me)

REEEE...will no one else contribute any fucking OC? it's very easy to turn off all the location data and other shit, you won't get doxxed. Or have most of you fuckers just never traveled anywhere?

I'm not religious but every now and then I like to go there and sit in on a service just to soak in the atmosphere.

No, it is some french guy, but feel free to send things to him over a facebook or page.

Exactly.
One of the ways that the Left are destroying beauty is by making everything look the same.
If the left get there way, you will travel to Hungary, but it'll look exactly like Paris, or Detroit, or Tokyo.
The Left want plain, block buildings for all cities. They don't want to cultivate unique styles in different places.

You can just go on skyscrapercity and look at the kinds of building that get built. YOu cannot tell, looking at the building, whether it will end up in Berlin or Shanghai, because it won't have any suitable stylistic markers.
This is, of course, possible because globalism has allowed architectural firms, full of Lefties, to practice in any country they want. So something which is being built in Buenos Aires is unlikely to be designed by people actually from that city or country.

Golden ratio - the "divine proportion"
This is what is missing in new buildings.

from this

to this

Looks like a fucking graphics card

I love great contemporary architecture. Frank Gehry, Zaha Hadid, Norman Foster, etc etc. What I hate the most is when a building is designed only to make money to it's jewish owners. Pic is very much related. That is the single most valuable piece of land in Finland, right next to Helsinki central railway station and multiple other historical buildings of Helsinki. What did they build on it? Something that would enhance the historical surroundings? Something spectacular that people would travel from around the world to see, like the Bilbao museum, or the Eiffel tower? No. They built some fucking cheap mediocre generic office buildings that already look dated before they even finished building them. For the next 100 years those white blocks will stand there like a fucking sore thumb, ruining the view for everyone coming to the city by train. Nice job, whoever approved this shit. I fucking hate this corrupt city.

The problem here is that ugly building on the left...

With modern building materials you can get around such mundane requirements and build a completely new form of shitty architecture.

Here's Düsseldorf. Btw. a very peculiar part of town: Agricultural fields smelling of dung right next to delapidated industry buildings right next to what you see in the picture. I was once stranded there and was told by a Turkish youth gang that waiting at the bus stop was futile because busses don't run there anymore.

Lack of craftsman in todays time is just retarded

youtube.com/user/ArchitectureMMXII/videos

Düsseldorf is shitty anyway. Everybody only talks about the Kö but the Altstadt is a hellhole especially at the Weekend when the scum shows up. Even worse then Colonge.

shit Cologne i meant.

One day i will commit suicide seeing where our civilization is going.
And it will give me pleasure and release

Do people eat a lot there?

Although not about architecture but art, that video shows the generell problem:

youtube.com/watch?v=lNI07egoefc&index=66&list=FLN_0WnioRVzKc5tgXkhlokA

I've only been there a dozen times, but I never understood what everybody likes about Düsseldorf. If you drive there by train, you go past all the slums and run down houses that look like from a nightmare. If you go there by car you are lost, because there is no structure, every crossroads looks exactly the same.

This used to loom over my city, and then it got demolished for being an 'vacant, grim, oppressive eyesore'.

Most people were glad to see it go.

I honestly miss it.

Geat video, nice found.

That's insane. For that amount of money, you could get a nice garage in Sydney!

This

>no skills
it's all a part of the grand dumbing down of society in order to keep them docile, state-reliant and unable to resist subjugation

why do you think all manufacturing was off-shored to the chinks, and any that is left, about to be usurped by machines?

Get rid of the Olympics

I found a thing I forgot I had

Even worse you cant turn around once lost because there is almost no real possibility at the main road.
Yes i too never understood what people admired about Düsseldorf.
The wealth of some millionaires living outside anyway ? I can find plenty of that in Bayern without the Shitskins and ugly city view.

Gas the Kikes, race war.

archive.org/details/materialsdocumen01unse
Whole book from 1915:

Materials and documents of architecture and sculpture : classified alphabetically

My old university. The main Strand Campus building is such a carbuncle.

I suppose Frank Gehry at least has the courage of his convictions and lives in a house he designed. It looks like a fucking shanty town shack. Zaha Hadid, well her schtick was wavy stuff. Big wow. Stadium that looked like a cunt. Foster, well if you like clean lines, okay. But he is absolutely all about the money, and completely intolerant of traditional designs. He's done his share of boring boxes.

Most modern architecture looks at it best when there's nothing else around. It just doesn't fit in with anything else. Honestly, I think modern architecture is a sort of egotistical mental illness.

When I went to the National Portrait Gallery in London, it was full of people. People were talking about every portrait they looked at. I saw dozens of people sitting down with sketch pads, trying to imitate old masters.

When I went to the Tate Modern, there never seemed to be more than 4 people in a room. It was so deathly silent in there, I swear you could hear your eyelids moving every time you blinked. Nobody spoke about what they saw, because there was nothing to be said. There was no need to try an imitate what they saw there, because any idiot could have done it.

The actually answer - from poet lauraete and architectural campaigner Betjeman;

Come friendly bombs and fall on Slough!
It isn't fit for humans now.

www-cdr.stanford.edu/intuition/Slough.html

This. We missed a trick when we stopped disinterring traitors and punishing their corpses.

How utterly depressing.

>tfw the Royal Ontario Museum was absolutely neutered with this monstrosity

Are you retarded?

We need to have another war and rebuild it all.

>pic
Kinda reminds me of St. Johns desu.

fuck that's ugly

See, New York WORKS architecturally due to how it developed. But when you try to take New York and transplant it elsewhere, it crumbles.

It has nothing to do with Olympics.
If you haven't heard it: The people here voted on the application for the Olympics, and they voted against.

uurgh, I wish we could get rid of all those ugly parking spaces and put some nice canal walls there, possibly with some plants or something.

This is actually quite true, now that I think about it. The National Portrait Gallery is always packed, although whether that's due to the Tate Modern being a bit down the river on the South bank and the NPG being right next to Trafalgar Square, I don't know.

But then again, I've seen modern galleries in the centre of London be practically ignored as well.

I prefer the NPG anyway. The Tate Modern's great for looking at how utilitarian buildings can be designed to be somewhat aesthetic but it's nothing compared to, say, a Victorian pumping house.

>Slough is much improved nowadays and he might be pleasantly surprised by a stroll there.

I lived near Slough and learned to drive there. Has whoever wrote that actually BEEN to Slough?

The car is that other modern plight of urban living. Don't get me wrong, it's valuable and all, but again, the modernisers of the 50s and 60s committed such vandalism when they ripped up the tramways to try and promote car manufacturing.

I love how Super Slim Skyscrapers are taking off, they look really nice in the NYC landscape.

Yeah here they even paved over century old canals to make space for them, such a shame.

Luckily most of those are being restored to former glory. I really have my hopes on self-driving cars allowing cities to ban inner city parking as well (either because they can drive to parking areas outside the city center, or because shared cars become more convenient / affordable).

pretty sure I built dubai on Cities:Skyline when I was blackout drunk one night

Well even that's debatable. A brick building can be quite easily changed, you just take out some of the bricks and add new bits (if you use lime mortar, you can even reuse the bricks). Many of the most admired historic buildings have been drastically and repeatedly changed through history.

H-ho ho, look at my building it's KER_AZZY!!!1!!! It's WIGGLY!! What am I like eh???

That's a lot of money for a fucking poor joke.

They should fucking hang the boomers who paved over one of our historic 400 year old canals last century.

But as least they are changing this into...

>2
God tier movie

... this.

What if I don't have a very defined chest or strong jawline.

Then your building is a micro-aggression

Everyday I wish I could go back in time to kill FDR and Churchill to save all of the beautiful German cities from being bombed. It truly makes me depressed when I walk through Cologne and Nürnberg and imagine what it must have been like. I still love your country though, just not your politics at the moment. I can't wait to see Merkel out of office and AfD get some power.

Go back to your sand-castles, Achmed.

Don't forget that, once fixed, the Chinese elevator will probably try to kill you anyway.

Here's the architect's own home. If the cunt is so fucking daft to live in a shack like this, why would any sensible person employ him?

That's what the CalTrain station used to look like. Fuckin shit, why did they tear that Spanish revival one down? That was beautiful.

>Or put them smack dab in the middle of radically different architecture styles.

Exactly what they did here with the new (((Intesa Sanpaolo))) skyscraper.

Half of the city hates it.
The other half is too busy hating the new government skyscraper they built down south...

lol I swear Australians are the biggest communists on Cred Forums

Yeah they make you pay dipshit, NYC is one of the biggest if not the biggest tourist location on Earth. They're not just going to let millions of people use their building facilities without charging them.

Is that London?

>St
whattaya AT B'Y

People don't want to use mass transit because of niggers. Solve that problem, and mass transit will thrive again.

Yeah I figured the problem with modern architecture was the lack of naked babies....

My commie home looks better holy fuck, thats gypsy tier shit.

how the hell was that allowed?

Where is that truck going?

Nice.

that pic makes me the saddest