Lads, is inter-generational trauma legit or is it just another (((trick)))...

Lads, is inter-generational trauma legit or is it just another (((trick)))? I was hanging out with a friend the other day and he told me that trauma literally changes people's DNA and it has been proven to be real time and time again. Apparently that's why aboriginals are unable to function in society.

Sounds like complete shite to me.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2579375/
nytimes.com/2012/09/09/opinion/sunday/why-fathers-really-matter.html?_r=0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_methylation
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yea its kinda true. but normally it just results in you getting fat, diabetes, or alzheimer's a bit easier. its an epigenetic change

t.ph.D in bioengineering

So are you saying it only exists for actual inheritable medical conditions?

This motherfucker right here.

Look at his face.

This is the motherfucker that people though they "proved" wrong.

Well guess what motherfuckers? Turns out he was more right than you thought!

It may not happen as quickly as he imagined, but it still happens!

Also, meiosis. Shit happens in meiosis. Stuff that can't be predicted.

Personally I'm still pretty shook up over the Norman conquest of England.

Yeah mate when people talk about the irish potato famine i get triggered

"Intergenerational trauma is the transmission of historical oppression and its negative consequences across generations"

whatchu think OP, sounds like another tier in the oppression olympics to me

NIGGA DO U EVEN GOOGLE

genes expressing normally > trauma > biological rearrangement to deal with trauma (hormones and shiieet) > new state of gene expression established (e.g. PTSD) > reproductive cells influenced by hormones > different sets of chromosomes will by preferably selected

So it's real
What BS is that
1. it's not all negative
You now deal with that trauma better
The negative is increased expressions of whatever that's needed to deal with that trauma having side effects (e.g. fatness from stress hormones)
2. literally everyone deals with it
you honestly think the nazi women were frolicking in gardens of flowers when the brits were bombing them?

Can it make you gay

yes
Lamarck - largely dismissed by Darwin

also this-
"Due to the early stages of epigenetics as a science and to the sensationalism surrounding it, surgical oncologist David Gorski and geneticist Adam Rutherford caution against the drawing and proliferation of false and pseudoscientific conclusions from new age authors such as Deepak Chopra and Bruce Lipton"
>pseudoscientific conclusions

likely more bullshit gaining popularity because it can be worked into another form of oppression like white privilege.

no.

it's the same thing as getting the feels after any sad story. regardless of wether or not the main characters of the story are related to you or not. playing victimhood is a jew tactic. unfortunately, practiced by many of my own people.

It can but it's like having a family history of mental illness or alcohol.

It's not that it's genetic it's that your family is white trash and your parents are just as fucked up as you.

i wouldn't speak in absolutes like that. it can make you dumber as well and things like that by a serious of complicated mechanisms. the short of it is that we know very little about epigenetics right now.

its the basis of the argument for genetically inherited homosexuality IIRC

>genetically inherited

I'm willing to bet it's child abuse and neglect.

its been thoroughly demonstrated that a mother put under high stress has epigenetic modifications made to her glucocorticoid receptors (GRs) which are passed on to her children

Resulting in:
>Hyperactive stress response
>Increased hypertension
>Increased risk of Diabetes
>Increased risk of Alzheimer's
>Increased risk of neurodegenerative disease

That said. Like all new science. There's a lot of fluff and bullshit right now that needs to be sliced away

kinda...it affects a persons epi-genome.

it causes epigenetic changes...ie...genes get turned on or off.

Persistent epigenetic differences associated with prenatal exposure to famine in humans

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2579375/

nytimes.com/2012/09/09/opinion/sunday/why-fathers-really-matter.html?_r=0

My family were refugees from the Boer war , survived and commited atrocities in Ireland , on the other side , we were working class during the blitz , trauma is for faggots, hatered and fear breed effective progressive behavioral patterns

Didn't they just recently come out with some info that stress to the mother at a certain period in fetal development can result in the child turning out homosexual? sounds crazy but I swear I read it, and it sounds akin to what you just said in a sense. Stress hormones are pretty powerful substances...

It can change epigenetic factors, NOT your DNA

One example is histones. They are proteins your DNA is wrapped around, depending on where they lie, it can influence you transscribe genes.

NO DNA CHANGE
NOT WELL RESEARCHED AT THIS TIME

Never heard of that, may be possible. Then you should be able to see significantly more faggots in high stress parts of the population.
Could also be Evo-devo fags.
>high stress indicates scarce ressources, offspring that is reproductively inactive might allieviate!

Proceed with caution.

DNA can be higher or lower methylated, depening on how much a certain part of it is needed. This influences the replication of the DNA, since higher methylated parts are less likely to be reprocuded. It is some sort of catalyst for evolution, but it means that people who suffer from a lifelong Trauma actually pass on a different DNA and hence it's possible.

>aboriginals are unable to function in society because their great-great ancestors didn't get a complete education before early white guilt forced them back into their tribes
>jews continue to suffer the trauma of the shoah because of their triple holocausted grandparents' genes passed down from beyond the grave

Yeah sure, they should make sure their chakras are aligned too

Europe invaded by moors. ..black plagues.....its no wonder they radicalized with all that trauma

>NO DNA CHANGENOT WELL RESEARCHED AT THIS TIME

You're wrong mate. It is well researched and it does change the DNA.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_methylation

Methylation is not a change in DNA Sequence.

It protects (for example from restriction enzymes) and/or inhibits, but does not affect the gene coded in that sequence.

It's absolute horseshit. If allowed to go unchallenged it will be the gift that never stops giving for libshits. ANY discrepancy discovered in intelligence across the races will be written off as a residual effect of (((inter-generational trauma))) and thus something to be affirmative actioned.

It does, because the degree of methylation changes the tertiary structure of the DNA and hence how good or bad transcriptases can dock to it. Higher methylated DNA has higher Van der Waals force and is denser. The transcriptases can read them worse and this causes something different being replicated.

BUT IT DOES NOT CHANGE DNA SEQUENCE YOU DUMB FUCK.

READ THE MOTHERFUCKING WORDS!

Stop being a Nazi and pay the Holocaust descendants more money for all the problems you've caused forever.

We got rid of their jews for them, did it locally to create jobs and didn't even charge anything.
Poles have no right to complain.

Do you even biochemistry? It does change the DNA sequence of the offspring.
Now be a good goy and pay their shekels forever.

>Apparently that's why aboriginals are unable to function in society.
Yeah, because they had such a strong and successful civilisation before the white man came along

its fake . some skype thought it up . nobody in the scientific community believes it and the woman who thought it up isnt a geneticist shes a neurologist

>It does change the DNA sequence of the offspring.

Nope. It plays a role in imprinting, imprinting silences expression, it doesn't delete fucking shit.

>he doesn't splice the underside of his dick in two so he can insert boys penises into it

What are you, some kind of faggot?